• ...
 5
 741

Displaced

Woosh. The T.A.R.D.I.S. swung abruptly to the side, knocking the young woman sleeping in her hammock to the floor with a loud thud. She rose to her feet, grumbling something about the instability of a hammock in a room that spins at a whim. She reached for her diary and dried the tears she didn’t know she had been crying from her eyes.

Every time she woke, it was the same routine. Curse, diary, tears, like clockwork. She flipped her diary to the next blank page and began to write.

Entry 368
Dear Dairy,

I had another outburst during a trip again yesterday. The doctor and I had just stepped out of the T.A.R.D.I..S. on Castelior Major. Just a few steps into their beautiful gem mountains, I saw three flawless diamonds embedded in the rock. At that moment I broke into in consolable tears, those jewels stirred up such pain. The Doctor suggested I wait the rest of the trip out in the T.A.R.D.I..S., he was so surprised that I actually listened.

I’ wish I knew why this kept happening, where this pain was coming from. It started with that sunset and has only gotten worse. Just a few (non-liner) weeks ago, I sobbed over a bucket of apples. I wish I could remember.

Even over a year after I woke up, after I met the doctor, I still don’t know who I am or where I came from. I wish I remembered something more than just my name.

“TWILIGT! YOU AWAKE!?” called the doctor from the control room “THERS’S SOMETHING YOU SHOULD SEE!”

Twilight looked up from her diary page and shouted back “YES DOCTOR. I’ll BE DOWN IN A LITTLE BIT.”

The dreams hurt, even though I can’t remember them, they hurt. The only thing I know is that I lost people, a lot of people. All of them special to me, all of them I loved. I wish I could make it all go away. No, that’s a lie, I wish I could remember them, remember feeling loved.

Your Faithful Student,

Twilight Sparkle

When Twilight arrived in the control room, The first thing that caught her eye was a large banner hanging from the ceiling that read ‘BE HAPPY TWILIGHT’. She panned around to see the doctor at the controls along with Amy and Rory Williams, two of his other companions. The room had been decorated with all manner of streamers and party supplies. Everyone was happy, everyone except Twilight. Her eyes came to rest on a trio of balloons, two light blue and one yellow. She could feel the tears starting, she couldn’t stop. It was like every ounce of happiness he had ever experienced had just been yanked out. Amy rushed over to help her but not before smacking The Doctor on the back of the head.

“That poor girl is still cryin’” said Amy as she returned to the control room “What did you do?”

“Nothing, OW!” the Doctor replied as Amy smacked him again “Really! She just has these random, I-break-down-and-cry-now triggers. How am I supposed to know?”

“Do they have anything in common?” asked Rory “I mean the last time it was the gem mountains, before that it was a bucket of apples, before that the sunset? I just don’t see the connection.”

“Well, they must all have something to do with her past.” Said the Doctor, “something I’d be more than fix if I had any bloody clue where to start.”

“Well, either way, we need ta figure out how ta help her.” Responded Amy sternly “Do ya have any clue where she came from yet?”

“That’s the strange thing, the only way she could ave gotten into the T.A.R.D.I.S. is if I had let her in…” the doctor turned and pulled down an old-style television. As he stuck buttons, flip switches, pulled levers, the screen displayed a black-and-white image of the doctor…pushing buttons, flipping switches and pulling levers.

“Doctor, wot is this?” asked the confused Rory

“It’s the T.A.R.D.I.S.’s auto-documentation program. It records everything that happens within its walls.” The Doctor fast forwarded the video “It also quantum locks everything inside so it can’t be erased if time is changed. That’s why your wedding ring stuck around even though your husband was never born.”

“Wait, you mean it records everything.” Asked Amy nervously “As in, everything, everything?”

“Yes, EVERYTHING, everything. Why? Is there something you don’t want me to see?” Asked the doctor with a smirk, until he caught onto what Amy was insinuating. The smirk vanished from his face, leaving him dumbstruck. “MOVING ON!”

The screen faded to static for a few second and when the picture returned Twilight was on the floor unconscious next to the Doctor. “See. That’s the problem. She just appears. No memory, no explanation, no cloths, nothing.”

“Doctor, why did it cut out there?” Asked Amy

“Oh, something must have interrupted the power feed temporarily.” answered the Doctor “Wot ever did that must’ave put a big strain on the engines.”

“Well can ya, I don’no, pull up the search history?” asked Rory. Amy looked at him like he was an idiot “Or something?”

“Rory, you’re a genius!” Cried the Doctor as he toggled toggles and dialed dials.

“He is?” asked Amy

“I am” asked Rory

“Yes, the T.A.R.D.I.S. keeps a record of all travels. Sort of like a computer history.” The Doctor rapidly typed into the console’s typewriter.

“I swear, half the time I think you make this stuff up to cover your ass.” Joked Amy

“Half the time I do. Now just a litte longer and…” He watch the monitor expectantly, then his face lit up with glee “…As I suspected, NOTHING!”

“Wait, nothing” asked Rory confused “How is that good?”

“BECAUSE, the this ol’girl can and probably has recorded everywhere and everywhen in this universe.” The doctor smiled triumphantly “So, the only reason she couldn’t have recorded it is...”

“Because…” Amy started “I got nothing”

“Because it wasn’t this universe?” Rory shrugged

“Let’s have a big hand for RORY, THE ROMAN, WILLIAMS!” cried the doctor as he cranked a large crank “And with that little tidbit…there we go!”

The T.A.R.D.I.S. shook violently as it took off. The Doctor shouted into the loudspeaker “Twilight SPARKLE, YOU ARE GOING HOME!”

When she heard the Doctor’s announcement, she didn’t know what too think. She immediately packed everything she had, her diary and a plain gold headband, and rushed to the control room. She slammed against the wall as the T.A.R.D.I.S. flung side to side.

Smoke billowed from the main engine as it struggled to pierce the dimensional barrier. The Doctor and his companions hung on for dear life as the T.A.R.D.I.S. bucked back and forth. As Twilight fell into the room, the Doctor shouted “It’s no good, we need to go back and try again!”

“No, I need to get home!” Twilight screamed as she bounded for the door. To everyone’s amazement, the door opened while the T.A.R.D.I.S. was still in motion. “Thank you every one, I hope to see you again some day.

“Twilight, DON’T-” The doctor ran to try to grab her but it was too late. She had jumped out the door.

Comments ( 5 )

Your spelling and grammar are atrocious. I recommend you find an editor. I'd offer to do so, but I'm a bit busy lately.

Anyways, I'll be tracking this. Good luck!

Hmm. Is that the last we'll see of the Doctor? I can never find enough food DiE stories.

937986
as far as i have planned in THIS story, yes.
In the other story i'm writing, I have him planned as a secondary character.

Yeah i love the Doctor stories too, it just fits SO WELL!

938061
I am sadface.
Still following. Came for the Doctor, Stayed for the awesome.

938173
Sorry, but glad you enjoyed it.
Would it be uncouth to shamelessly suggest you try my other story http://www.fimfiction.net/story/24014/Purpose-of-Harmony

If it is, then ignore that link.
Thank you for the fed back and i'm working on the next chapter as wee speak (although this one is a bit harder because i didn't plan ahead)

Login or register to comment