• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 875 Views, 72 Comments

The Phoenix King - Turtlehaus



Smolder has journeyed into the Void to help the mysterious Mira take back the Kingdom of Naught from the Dark King Null. Twilight and friends are racing to find clues to the Void, while an ancient evil sets its sights on Equestria.

  • ...
1
 72
 875

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: Fireworks on the Moor

Sir Lancaster sat before the two red Obelisks, its red glow bathing the cave in an ominous hue. His research spread out before him, and Queen Chrysalis stood over him watching his work. His hooves moving quickly, Sir Lancaster searched through his research, trying to work out the remaining clues to open the portal to the Void, but it all would take time. Fear was driving him now, with Queen Chrysalis's threat to harm these two other ponies, he couldn't bear to live with the guilt, and it spurred him to work faster. Queen Chrysalis paced around him, smirking to herself at the prospect of harnessing the Void, knowing that Sir Lancaster was going to do whatever it took to open this portal for her.

Rarity and Pinkie Pie were still shackled, unable to run or even stand, watching Sir Lancaster race to figure out the means to open the portal. There was no guarantee that Trixie had gotten away, and even if she did, they didn't know how vast Queen Chrysalis's Changelings had infiltrated Trottingham. A rescue didn't seem likely and that meant it was only Rarity and Pinkie Pie to figure a way out of this. Scrambling for ideas, Rarity couldn't help but feel sorry for Sir Lancaster, having gone through such a horrific ordeal, and still being put through more.

"Sir Lancaster, I think it was a very brave and noble thing you did trying to protect your friends." Rarity said to him after a while.

"It proved fruitless in the end; the Yard is now under my control, and soon the rest of Trottingham." The Queen remarked, turning to speak with them.

"I'm sorry you were dragged into this." Sir Lancaster replied solemnly.

"We weren't dragged into this, Sir Lancaster; we volunteered to help solve the mystery of your disappearance." Pinkie Pie informed him.

Sir Lancaster stopped for a moment to look over his shoulder at them; a smile crossed his face at the idea of complete stranger ponies wanting to lend a hoof in finding him.

"I'm Rarity, by the way, and this here is Pinkie Pie. We're from Ponyville." Rarity introduced them.

"Enough with the chit chat, back to work Lancaster, or shall I give you a reason to hurry?" Queen Chrysalis asked threateningly; her horn beginning to glow.

Returning to his research, Sir Lancaster took his pencil, drawing lines across several pages, connecting words and phrases that, to his eyes, seemed to be similar. The glow of the Obelisks were much different than the ones in the Ashen Fields, the markings in particular were more square in pattern, even though the glow was red, the cave was cold; there was no sign that the Obelisk had any other power then its light show.

"Pinkie, what are we going to do?" Rarity whispered to her.

"I'm not sure Rarity, Queen Chrysalis went hoof to hoof with Princess Celestia and without the girls or the Elements of Harmony, and we're clearly outmatched." Pinkie Pie whispered back.

"We cannot allow her to succeed Pinkie, even if she manages to open the Void, there is no possible way she could control that storm we saw. It's impossible." Rarity whispered back.

Queen Chrysalis's hoof stomped down before them, towering over them with narrowed eyes and rather ugly sneer.

"Scheming, are we? Well whisper all you like because there is nothing the two of you can do to stop me. Once the portal is open, I shall harness the Void's power and use you two as an example of those that would dare to stand against me. Thus, ridding myself of not only your presence but also rendering your precious Elements of Harmony useless." Queen Chrysalis explained to them.

"If you open that portal to the Void, the storm will destroy you and all of your Changelings, Chrysalis, it will end up destroying all of Equestria." Pinkie Pie stated firmly.

"Your words fall on deaf ears, Pinkie, you can try all you want but you will not fool me. I know what lies beyond that portal and I shall claim it for myself." Queen Chrysalis replied coldly; strolling away.

"I'm trying to save you." Pinkie Pie replied solemnly.

Queen Chrysalis could hear the sincerity in her words; it was enough to have her look back at Pinkie Pie. Her face scowled at the thought, whipping her head away and continuing to pace around the cave.

"I'm done mixing words with you." Queen Chrysalis remarked angrily. "Lancaster! Your time is running out!"

Queen Chrysalis stepped past Sir Lancaster, making it a point to step rather cruel upon his saddle bag; as if to intimidate him. She headed towards the other end of the cave, her magic forming a seat from the rocks beneath the earth. Pinkie Pie noticed Sir Lancaster look up from his research to see Queen Chrysalis momentarily distracted, quickly turning a piece of parchment upside down bearing a symbol she could not quite see, before incorporating it into the rest of his research.

"Rarity…" Pinkie Pie whispered to her.

"What?" Rarity whispered back leaning in.

"I think Sir Lancaster has just given us a fighting chance." Pinkie Pie whispered.

"What do you mean, Pinkie?" Rarity whispered curiously.

"Elementary, my dear Rarity." Pinkie Pie said pulling the bubble pipe out from beneath her dear stalker cap.


Dozens of Changelings had been ousted through the use of their Rainbow Code, unable to fool or mimic their way past it. A grand total of twenty-four Changelings had been put behind bars, the missing Police Ponies not accounted for being found in rather odd places, the strangest being the Police Ponies annual picnic piñata, but every pony was eventually accounted for; except for the missing detective and her assistant.

"Constable, we've just finished clearing the third floor. The last two Changelings have been detained and currently being taken to lock up." A Police Pony stepped into the Waiting Room to inform him.

"I want every Police Pony accounted for in the next hour, on and off duty; we're not letting these Changelings get the better of us again." The Constable ordered.

"Right away, sir." The Police Pony replied, throwing him a salute.

"We don't have an hour; Constable, Pinkie and Rarity are missing. The longer we wait the harder it will be to find them." The Duke said disagreeing with his order.

"I cannot coordinate any effort to help the detective with my Police Force with even the slightest possibility that one of these Changelings are still among us. I'm sorry, Duke, but the safety of Trottingham comes first." The Constable retorted; sounding rather final on the subject.

"You can't just leave Pinkie and Rarity out there alone!" Trixie refuted.

"Don't take it personally, Ms. Lulamoon, the Constable took an oath, swearing to place the Royal Family, and the Ponies of Trottingham before everything else. Unfortunately, Rarity and Pinkie Pie are just visitors, and until he can assure that Trottingham is safe from foreign and domestic threats; he cannot help them." The Duke explained to her.

"We cannot just sit here and do nothing." Misses Minerva insisted.

"Exactly; this is why we're going to take matters into our own hooves." The Duke stated pulling them away from the Constable so that he would not over hear them.

"H-How are we going to do that?" Trixie asked, sounding a bit surprised by the Duke's willingness to do things on their own.

"Our first step is figuring out where to begin looking for them, it's likely that these Changelings have taken Pinkie and Rarity to their Queen, which means it will be secluded and well-fortified." The Duke stated to them.

"There are countless places like that in Trottingham, though." Mr. Bartlesby remarked, not knowing where to start.

"Just before Pinkie and Rarity were seized by the imposter Constable, Pinkie Pie mentioned heading to the moor." Trixie mentioned, thinking back on it.

"The moor?" The Duke questioned.

"It was one of the locations in which I had transcribed from an old pony text for Sir Lancaster. It was our weakest lead at the time, but he searched it nonetheless." Mr. Bartlesby spoke up.

"It was also the place he had asked me to be when he gave me his saddle bag for safe keeping the night he went missing." Trixie added.

"The moor is vast; it will be difficult to search the whole area for them." Misses Minerva stated.

"Alright, the moor seems to be the best bet in finding them. It's not that far of a cart ride away, but without the Police Ponies assisting us we'll need a plan for when we get there." The Duke explained.

There was a groan from the couch, Mr. Montague attempting to raise himself, but his back wasn't cooperating with him.

"You need to relax, Mr. Montague." Misses Minerva insisted.

"Sir, if I may, having seen what these creatures are capable of, the last thing these Changelings would suspect would be for us to try and deceive them." Mr. Montague informed him.

"Are you proposing we disguise ourselves as one of them?" The Duke asked in surprise.

"Perhaps you've hit your head as well during that battle with the Bugbear, Mr. Montague?" Mr. Bartlesby asked trying to having him lay back down.

"If we had the time, I would have entertained the idea, Mr. Montague, but we have no means to prepare any sort of disguise to pull this off." The Duke mentioned.

"Yes! Yes we do!" Trixie hissed excitedly pulling on the Duke's arm.

"What? What do you mean?" The Duke asked looking confused.

"The Trottingham Theatre! We can go there and be set up with costumes in no time! The makeup artists there work the best under pressure, having to dress and redress ponies between scenes!" Trixie explained quickly.

"But what are we supposed to do when we get there? We can't just sneak our way in and just expect them to let us walk out with the detective and her assistant." Mr. Bartlesby asked, not liking the idea of walking into a trap.

"We'll need to distract the Changelings somehow, draw them out from wherever they are hiding, and with the costumes we can slip past them." The Duke brainstormed.

"Distract them? How? Shall we put on a play right in the middle of the moor hoping that they're fans of 'Call of the Pony' and come running out to see it?" Mr. Bartlesby asked sarcastically.

"I have my Traveling Magicians' Wagon parked behind the Trottingham Theatre; I have several fireworks and a portable stage that might just do the trick." Trixie offered, feeling the plan was coming together.

"It might just get all of you into a world of trouble." The Constable spoke up.

The Constable, having eavesdropped on their conversation, stepped towards them not looking rather happy with the idea of letting them do something so half-baked and risky.

"We've got friends that are in trouble, Constable. Like it or not we're going to go help them." The Duke stated, obviously not caring what the Constable had to say about it.

"With all due respect, sir, having you potentially captured for a second time doesn't sound like a plan to me. It is too dangerous to have a couple of Research Ponies, a Magician, and an old donkey going off trying to be heroes." The Constable remarked. "I don't want to have to place you all in protective custody but if you think I'm letting you face off against this Queen Changeling, then you're sadly mistaken."

The Duke seemed torn. The Constable had a valid point; his Royalty status did make him a liability, a bargaining chip if caught once more. Even Misses Minerva and Mr. Bartlesby seemed rather unsure of themselves if being forced to fight these creatures.

"Well…" Trixie began, sounding rather unsure of her own volition. "Seeing as I am not a pony of Trottingham, I shall take my leave and rescue Pinkie Pie and Rarity on my own."

Trixie headed towards the door, she seemed rather nervous to have decided to go about doing this alone, but she wasn't going to sit idly by while they were in danger.

"Ms. Lulamoon, I ask that you reconsider this." The Constable implored her.

"There is no need to reconsider, I'm trying to do the right thing and help two ponies in need; just like they did for me. I may end up being captured, but… I will do so knowing that I did everything within my power to save them." Trixie stated, sounding determined; if not a little frightened.

"A fine speech, Ms. Lulamoon. A fine speech, indeed." Mr. Montague stated trying to sit up. "Constable, if I could offer an alternative?"

"An alternative?" The Constable asked looking rather curious.

"If you would be willing to send a message to Sir Arthur Tullius for me, I would be able to say fot certain that Trixie and every pony else will be quite safe." Mr. Montague requested.

"Thee Arthur Tullius?" The Constable asked in surprise.

"Who's Arthur Tullius?" Mr. Bartlesby asked curiously.

"Sir Arthur Tullius is the current leader of the 5th Northumberland Fusiliers, a decorated soldier, and having been knighted for his service during the Chimera Blitz." The Duke replied, filling in gaps.

Every pony looked rather surprised by Mr. Montague's statement, wondering what sort of message ensured such a thing.

"What is the message you wish to send, Mr. Montague?" The Constable asked, sounding rather bewildered.

"Tell him that 'A soldier requires a drink', and let him know that it shall be 'poured' at the moor." Mr. Montague requested.


Trixie's Magician Wagon rumbled down the cobblestone streets of Trottingham, minutes away from turning off onto the dirt path leading towards the moor. Trixie, along with the Duke himself, were strapped in pulling the wagon. It took quite a lot of convincing on Mr. Montague's part to have the Constable allow Trixie and the others to go through with this plan. Stating that the message he sent out would provide them back up, and that they need only be at the moor within the hour.

Mr. Montague wished them luck, having to stay at the Yard with his hurt back, but reassuring him that his promise of back up would be there for them. With the papier-mâché masks, mane, thorax, and tail of the Changelings, black paint, some teal mesh for wings, and some reflective stickers to allude to holes on their legs, they had enough for two disguises, but it would be enough for the next step of the plan.

"I don't see why we don't get costumes." Mr. Bartlesby hissed from the window of the cart.

"You're the distraction genius, isn't that obvious?" The Duke grunted back, tugging the wagon along.

"Distraction? What the hay are we supposed to do?" Mr. Bartlesby asked in surprise.

"James! Keep your voice down, we're supposed to be keeping a low profile!" Misses Minerva hissed from inside the cart.

Grumbling in his disapproval of becoming the 'bait' of this plan, Trixie and the Duke pulled the cart out onto the edge of the moor; having to climb over a small hill to achieve this. Upon reaching the top of the hill, Trixie and the Duke discovered an abandoned Police Cart at the bottom, and several tracks leading away from it.

"This is where they must have been taken." Trixie stated, looking around for any sign of them.

"Let's follow the trail while it's still fresh, and see where it takes us." The Duke stated, quickening his pace.

Following the trail of hooves that crossed the moor, it was clear that the tracks led towards the woods, which had the Duke and Trixie stopping the wagon several yards out from it. Unlatching themselves from the wagon, they circled to the back of it, pulling open the doors to reveal Mr. Bartlesby and Misses Minerva waiting inside.

"Are we here?" Misses Minerva asked curiously.

"Yeah, we're here, and it's time to get this plan into motion." The Duke stated, climbing inside.

Together, Trixie and the Duke were painted by both Mr. Bartlesby and Misses Minerva from head to hoof in black paint. It was washable paint, but it would be enough to do the job. Misses Minerva applied the reflective stickers upon their legs while Mr. Bartlesby attached the mesh wings, and the papier-mâché tail, mane, and head to them. The teal eyes of the changelings were nothing more than plastic lenses the makeup department was able to throw together but it did seem rather convincing.

"There. You're giant bugs now." Misses Minerva stated looking pleased at the finished product.

"So what's next?" Mr. Bartlesby asked tossing a paint brush back into the paint can.

"This is where you two come in." The Duke replied.

Trixie pulled a wood lever within the wagon; there was a loud clunk, the wall of the wagon falling outward; creating an impromptu stage. Stepping outside, Trixie placed some wooden supports beneath the stage to keep it stable.

"Wh-Wh-What are we supposed to do?" Mr. Bartlesby asked nervously.

"Changelings feed on love; they are starved for it, famished, hungry, and above all else unable to resist it. You two are going to do whatever it takes to draw them out, giving us a chance to slip in." The Duke informed them.

"What are you implying?" Misses Minerva asked; her face rather red.

"I don't know; do whatever it is young colts and mares do when they're in love. Just make sure it attracts the Changelings." The Duke replied stepping off the wagon.

"B-B-B-B-But-" Mr. Bartlesby stammered, flushing rather red himself.

"I have the fireworks all rigged up, all you need to do is set them off to draw attention to yourselves and from their it will be up to you two to distract them." Trixie informed them climbing back into the wagon.

"I'm not sure if… if… if we can do this." Mr. Bartlesby mumbled, looking rather embarrassed and nervous.

"This is the only plan we have, and our only chance to save Pinkie Pie and Rarity from the Changelings. Do it for them." Trixie said pleadingly.

Misses Minerva took Mr. Bartlesby's hoof, resting her head on his shoulder. As flustered as he was by her gesture, he seemed to have a bit more courage having her by his side.

"We'll… we'll set off the fireworks once you're in the woods." Mr. Bartlesby stated.

"Good luck." Trixie said to them, before stepping off the wagon.

Mr. Bartlesby and Misses Minerva sat hoof in hoof, watching the Duke and Trixie, in their Changeling costumes cross the moor to the woods. After a couple of minutes, they disappeared into the trees, leaving just the two of them alone in the wagon.

"I guess we should… um… start the fireworks." Mr. Bartlesby mentioned, clearing his throat.

With a nod from Misses Minerva, Mr. Bartlesby flipped the wooden lever. There was a noticeable hiss that filled the air, several small booms, followed by sharp whistles were heard over head. The fireworks we're skyrocketing and exploding high into the air, it would seem that Trixie had rigged it to use her grand finale fireworks just to make sure that it was heard by every Changeling in the woods.

"So… what do we do now?" Mr. Bartlesby asked, flushing at the thought.

"Do you remember how we first met?" Rachel asked him.

"It was at the 'New Applications of Dragon Fang' convention last spring." James replied, thinking back on it.

"And do you remember what you said to me?" Rachel asked curiously.

"I… I… uh…" James mumbled, flushing at the memory of it.

"You said, 'The only thing sharper than a dragon fang was my outfit.'" Rachel told him.

"I-I-I-I admit it wasn't my best pick up line." James mumbled, looking rather embarrassed.

"But it made me laugh." Rachel said kissing him on the cheek. "And you've always been there for me when I needed you. This is why you'll make a wonderful father."

"Have you thought of any names yet?" James asked curiously, leaning his head against hers.

"I always liked Melissa, but I was thinking that if it's a colt. We can name him after your father." Rachel replied.

"Really? After him?" James asked curiously.

"Your father is a rather stubborn colt, but he loves you dearly and I know he will want the best for his grand filly or foal. I think it will be a nice surprise from him to know that I care just as much about you, to give our baby his name, and the reputation that comes with it." Rachel explained to him.

"I was kind of hoping to name him Stormageddon." James confessed.

Rachel pulled away from him, giving him a rather strange look.

"It was my Dungeons and Dragons character from when I was a foal. I thought it was cool." James explained, looking rather sheepish.

Rachel laughed at him. Kissing him on the cheek once more, feeling him pull her in close for a hug.


The promise of their Queen obtaining a power far beyond their comprehension, along with the promise of limitless love to feed off of, had curved much of the appetite of the Changelings in the woods. Although, hunger has a funny way of making even the most loyal of followers to second guess their options. With the sudden fireworks firing off from Trixie's wagon, the Changelings roaming around the woods all took notice of this odd sound, considering that it was normally rather peaceful on the moor, and this sudden array of explosions had them wondering what was going on.

Being rather cautious, the Changelings stuck to the shadows of the trees, moving through any available bush or weeds to better conceal themselves to figure out what was going on and morph accordingly. It wasn't until they got closer to the source of the noise, did their hunger start to take over, and the sweet smell of love captivated them; causing them to sprint towards the origin of it.

Trixie and the Duke had been walking through the woods for a brief time. Having discovered a trampled path to follow, most likely left behind by the Changelings from before. Although, the Duke was finding it rather difficult to see through the papier-mâché mask, how loose fitting it was, as the mask slid from side to side.

"Dag nab it, I can't see a thing with this ridiculous mask on!" The Duke swore trying to adjust it.

"Duke! You're going to give us away!" Trixie hissed at him, trying to swat at his hooves to get him to stop fiddling with it.

"How am I supposed to pretend to be like one of these things if my head is facing the wrong way?" The Duke asked sounding annoyed.

The Duke finished adjusting his mask, bumping right into a Changeling that had been sprinting through the woods, having been distracted by the sweet aroma of love coming from the moor. There were several more Changelings racing by, some flying through the air, all heading back the way they had entered. The Changeling the Duke had run into had lost interest in the love from the sharp pain in his head from the collision; looking rather strangely at them.

"What's wrong with your face?" The Changeling asked in growl.

"What did you say to me, bub?" The Duke asked threateningly, forgetting that the face the Changeling was referring to was the mask.

"You look… bloated." The Changeling said grimacing at him.

"We tried… uh… eating some of the… berries! Yeah, berries! The berries in the woods and… uh… we're having a reaction." Trixie fibbed.

"What color were they?" The Changeling asked curiously.

"They were… uh… orange?" Trixie offered, unsure.

"Well thanks for letting me know, I'll pass it along to the others so they don't end up looking like you sorry fat heads." The Changeling replied, beginning to walk off.

Before the Duke was able to fire off a comeback, Trixie had started pulling him away, trying to leave as quickly as possible.

"Wait a second." The Changeling stated, stopping short and turning back to them.

Trixie and the Duke froze on the spot, trying not to seem guilty as they turned back around.

"Aren't you two coming to eat some of this love we all smell?" The Changeling asked suspiciously.

"We would… but… uh…" Trixie mumbled trying to think of something to say.

"We have horrible hyperacidity from the berries, with random bouts of vertigo, culminating in aggressive migraines and excessive sneezing. We'd rather go lay down for a while if that's fine with you... chubby." The Duke replied, tacking on an insult at the end.

"Suit yourself." The Changeling retorted, walking off towards the moor.

"Hyperacidity and what?" Trixie whispered to him, sounding rather impressed; starting back off into the woods again.

"Never get old, Ms. Lulamoon. It sucks." The Duke replied bitterly.


James Bartlesby and Rachel Minerva sat on the stage, speaking amongst themselves of their future together. It being rather lovey dovey for the most part, but it had attracted the Changelings well enough to have come stepping out of the woods sniffing the air. Their eyes fell upon the wagon that the love had been originating from; being so close now to their meal had made them rather feral in their lust for lunch. Screeching into the air, the Changelings charged towards them, ready to make a meal of the now rather frightened Mr. Bartlesby and Misses Minerva.

"Should we run for it?" Misses Minerva asked hiding behind him.

Mr. Bartlesby had no honest idea if they would even get far if they did run. Wondering they could possibly close up the wagon and hide within it until help would arrive. That was when the sudden sound of a horn filled the air.

Upon the hilltop to the west of the moor, coming from Trottingham marched a legion of ponies dressed in their military fatigues across the hilltop. This brought the Changelings to a complete halt at the sight of this sudden amassment of soldier ponies.

"Ponies of the 5th Northumberland Fusiliers!" A pony by the name of Arthur Tullius stood at the side of this legion with a horn tucked under his arm.

There was a collective grunt from every Fusilier, taking a combative stance ready to charge the horde of Changelings that stood out in the open of the moor.

"One of our own, Siegward Montague, veteran of the Chimeras Rampage of the High Basin Peak, has been roughed up by these inferior rapscallions while uncovering a hostile takeover of Trottingham Yard and possibly this Monarchy!" Arthur Tullius announced aloud.

The stomping that proceeded from the 5th Northumberland Fusiliers shook the moor, their unison shouts of displeasure sent chills down every Changelings spine.

"Let us show these insects why we're the first and last word in the definition of 'soldier'. For Queen and country, mates!" Arthur Tullius declared; signaling the charge.

Looking very much like a stampede, the 5th Northumberland Fusiliers raced down the hillside, roaring their battle cries. The Changelings looked rather surprised by this sudden turn of events, but knew that their Queen would not be pleased with retreat. Meeting them headlong on the battlefield, the Changeling charged, morphing into different creatures ranging from spiders, to Owl bears, ready to meet the Fusiliers in battle.

It was like a tidal wave of battle hardened soldier ponies that had washed over the Changelings, even with their ability to change into other creatures, the Changelings were being pushed back by the Fusiliers. Having no equal in their ability to take down any sort of creature, the Fusilier's was, if not, the single most versatile branch of soldier ponies to be found anywhere.

Mr. Bartlesby kept Misses Minerva behind him, remaining within the wagon, watching the one sided battle take place before them. Arthur Tullius galloped across the open moor to the wagon, leaping upon the stage with ease; he looked nearly as old as Mr. Montague. He had a sort of brownish, yet golden mane, his hide a mahogany, his cutie mark bore the sign of a family crest; a golden shield with two banners hung over it.

"Are you two alright?" Arthur Tullius asked urgently.

"Y-Y-Yes, sir." Mr. Bartlesby replied.

"Arthur Tullius, leader of the 5th Northumberland Fusiliers, at your service." Arthur introduced himself.

"James Bartlesby." Mr. Bartlesby replied in amazement. "This is my fiancée, Rachel Minerva."

"A pleasure to meet you, I presume that you are friends that Mr. Montague had mentioned?" Arthur asked curiously.

"We are." Misses Minerva replied.

"Mr. Montague and I once shared a fox hole for nearly ten days with only five day rations between us during the Chimera Blitz. Good times they were, never thought he'd call in a favor like this, but we protect our own; serving or retired." Arthur stated; seeming to talk at them rather than to them.

"We appreciate it, sir. Our friends, Pinkie Pie and Rarity, are being held captive in the woods somewhere. Ms. Lulamoon and Duke Wellington are currently trying to sneak their way in to save them from the Queen of Changelings." Mr. Bartlesby informed him.

"The Duke you say? That old donkey still finds a way to be right in the middle of trouble. Right then!" Arthur stated stepping out onto the stage; blowing hard into the horn once more.

"All right, colts! Let's finish up here and rescue the Duke of Trottingham and a couple of damsels from the clutches of an evil Queen that these sorry excuse for soldiers answer to!" Arthur declared before blowing into his horn; the air vibrating from the sound.

There was a collective grunt from all the Fusiliers, their punches became harder, their kicks more solid, trying to put an end to the battle as quickly as possible.

PreviousChapters Next