• Published 12th Aug 2017
  • 4,788 Views, 211 Comments

My Little Pokemon - Alabenson



After a magical accident Twilight and her friends, along with numerous other ponies, find themselves trapped in the world of Pokemon.

  • ...
10
 211
 4,788

PreviousChapters Next
Picnic Panic

“No, I wasn’t really planning on trying to catch you today, or anycreature else for that manner,” Fluttershy assured the small, bird-like Pokémon standing in front of her. The Pokémon, a Pidgey according to her Pokédex, cooed a response before hopping off into the air and flying away. “Was it just me, or did he seem a little disappointed that I didn’t want to try catching him?” Fluttershy asked her Cyndaquil.

“Cynda?” It replied as it momentarily paused its examination of a nearby daisy. “Cyndaquil.”

“I suppose that could be true, but I just don’t understand why they’d want to get involved in battling in the first place.” Letting out a sigh, Fluttershy pushed the thought out of her head and instead turned her attention to the bucolic scenery surrounding her. The road leading to Faunaville cut through a wonderfully peaceful stretch of grass covered fields dotted with the odd low hill or copse of trees. Best of all, the entire area was filled with friendly Pokémon who were all too happy to chat with Fluttershy. The only real downside, at least from Fluttershy’s point of view, was the fact that the topic of battling seemed to come up almost as often among wild Pokémon as it did among trainers. “Then again, it isn’t as though this is the first time my critter friends and I haven’t been able to see eye to eye about something. At least battling isn’t quite as icky as eating carrion, no matter how good Mister Buzzard says it is.”

Any further musings on Fluttershy’s part were soon interrupted as the sounds of excited yelling filled the air. “Fluttershy! Fluttershy!” Pinkie Pie called out as she dashed over a nearby hill towards her friend, her Totodile Toothy bouncing along after her. “You’re not going to believe what I just saw! There’s this bunch of people just over that hill over there who’re having this super ginormous really really fun looking picnic and they said we could come and join them and they have all this tasty looking food and can we please stop there? Please, please, pretty please with frosting and marshmallows on top?” Both Pinkie and Toothy then proceeded to give Fluttershy the most pleading, doe-eyed looks that they could muster.

“Well, I admit that does sound nice, and it is getting close to lunch time anyway. I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to stop there for a little while,” Fluttershy said thoughtfully.

“Yay! They’re right over this way. Last one there’s a parasprite!” Pinkie Pie gleefully bounded off in the same direction she had come from, Toothy scampering behind her.

Smiling at her friend’s exuberance, Fluttershy scooped up her Cyndaquil into her arms and followed along. As Fluttershy walked up to the top of the hill Pinkie Pie had ran back over, she saw that her friend’s description had been fairly accurate. A sizeable group of people and Pokémon had gathered at the base of the hill where they had set up numerous tables loaded with food. Pinkie Pie appeared to be eagerly speaking with one of the hosts of the event, a middle-aged woman with long brown hair dressed in what looked to be an embroidered linen robe.

“Ooh, Fluttershy, over here!” Pinkie Pie called out as soon as Fluttershy came into view. “That’s Fluttershy, the friend who I was telling you about.”

“Blessings,” the woman said with a dreamy smile. “My name is Morning Song, you must be Fluttershy. Allow me to welcome you to the Javik Peace and Love Association’s monthly potluck picnic.”

“It’s a pleasure,” Fluttershy replied, silently noting how nice it was to finally speak with a human who had a normal sounding name. More than that, though, was the fact that there was something about Morning Song that strongly reminded Fluttershy of her friend Tree Hugger. “Out of curiosity, what exactly is the Javik Peace and Love Association? It sounds lovely.”

“Oh it is. We’re a group of trainers who prefer to just bliss out with our Pokémon rather than battle them. Mostly we just enjoy each other’s company while taking in the energy of the universe.”

“Definitely just like Tree Hugger,” Fluttershy though to herself. “Well, I’m just happy to finally meet someone else who isn’t totally fixated on battling.”

“I know how you feel, too many trainers just can’t let themselves peace out. That’s why we started these picnics in the first place. They give us a way of spreading our message of cosmic bliss to any trainers who are willing to listen. If you look around you’ll see there are all sorts of trainers here,” Morning Song said as she waved an arm towards the picnic.

Indeed, while many of the picnic’s attendees were dressed similarly to Morning Song, others looked more like the trainers Fluttershy had seen in Mercury City. Before Fluttershy had a chance to comment on this, however, a cream-colored blur bolted along the ground between her and Morning Song. “What was that?” Fluttershy yelped as she leapt back, her Cyndaquil taking refuge atop her head.

“Oh, that’s probably just Joy,” Morning Song replied as she observed the blur zigzagging its way through the picnic attendees. “Her trainer is a regular at these picnics, so we’ve all gotten used to her doing that.”

Bewildered, Fluttershy watched as the blur dashed over to a rather portly young man who was seated at a table next to Pinkie Pie. Once it came to a halt, Fluttershy could see that ‘Joy’ was a slender, badger-like Pokémon, largely cream-colored with stripes of brown running along her length. In fact, Joy would have seemed completely unremarkable had it not been for the fact that she had apparently been carrying a six-pack of beverages in her mouth, which she deposited in her trainer’s lap. “Good girl, Joy,” the trainer said as he reached down to give Joy a much appreciated scratch behind her ears. “They’re even still cold. Hey, Pinkie, do you want to try one of these?”

“Okie-dokie,” Pinkie replied as she looked up from her plate, which was already loaded with food. “Where did Joy get those, anyway?”

“Honestly, I don’t have the slightest clue. I gave up trying to figure out where Joy finds all this stuff a long time ago.”

“Huh,” Pinkie Pie said with a shrug as a she popped open one of the cans and took a sip. “Ech, that’s really sour.” Pinkie Pie set the can down and was about to dive back into her food when she noticed Fluttershy heading towards their table. “Oh hey, Fluttershy, meet Derek. Derek, this my friend Fluttershy.”

“Um, hello,” Fluttershy replied absentmindedly, most of her attention being focused on Joy. This didn’t go unnoticed by Joy, who returned Fluttershy’s curious stare with one of her own.

“I see you’re interested in Joy,” Derek said with a chuckle, causing Fluttershy to look up with a slight blush. “No need to be embarrassed, she is a pretty impressive specimen for a Linoone.”

“I guess, I mean I suppose she is. To be honest I haven’t really seen any other Linoones before. There aren’t really any Pokémon where Pinkie Pie and I come from at all,” Fluttershy replied. Joy, meanwhile, had lost all interest in the conversation and had curled up at Derek’s feet.

Derek raised an eyebrow at Fluttershy’s statement. “No Pokémon at all, huh? I can’t say I’ve ever heard of a place like that.” A few moments of quiet passed before Derek shrugged his shoulders. “Ah well, I guess it doesn’t really matter. You should sit down and have something to eat. If you like spicy food you should give the Tamato berry curry a try, it’s absolutely delicious.”

Fluttershy glanced down uneasily at the pot Derek gestured towards, which was filled with an angry looking bright red mash. Before Fluttershy had to turn down Derek’s suggestion, however, a commotion suddenly kicked up at one of the other tables. “What in Equestria is going on over there?” Fluttershy asked.

Derek let out an irritated sigh. “I’ve got no idea, but I should probably go see what it is. Come on, Joy, let’s see what the big problem is.” With a huff, Derek heaved himself to his feet and started heading towards the source of the din, Joy obediently padding along behind him.

“Hey, wait for me!” Pinkie Pie said as she got up as well, pausing just long enough to grab a cupcake off the table. “Come on, Fluttershy, don’t you want to see what’s going on?”

“Well, I don’t…I mean, Derek seems like he can handle whatever it is…” Fluttershy muttered. Pinkie Pie, however, wasn’t about to let her friend miss out on the excitement. Fluttershy barely had time to let out a squeak of protest as Pinkie Pie grabbed her arm and dragged her along. It didn’t take long for Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy to reach the source of the commotion. A curious-looking Pokémon had apparently wandered over to one of the picnic tables and was now gleefully devouring everything in sight. It was a squat, light-blue bipedal creature, which vaguely resembled a bear if Fluttershy squinted at it in just the right way.

“Aw, that thing looks kind of cute,” Pinkie Pie said as she watched the Pokémon gulp down an entire cake without even bothering to chew. “What kind of Pokémon is that, anyway?”

“You do know you can use your Pokédex to look up information on Pokémon you’re not familiar with, right?” Derek asked. “But, anyway, what we have here is a Munchlax. I’ll spare you the full Pokédex entry, but the important bit would be that these little guys have pretty much insatiable appetites. That’s probably why it wandered over to the picnic, it was drawn by the food the association set up.”

“Aw, so he’s not trying to cause any problems, he’s just a hungry little guy,” Pinkie Pie said as she leaned in for a closer look. As Pinkie Pie did so the Munchlax paused and sniffed the air before turning towards her direction. “Hi there, I’m Pinkie Pie.”

“Munchlax,” the Pokémon replied disinterestedly before pausing to sniff the air. The Munchlax turned towards Pinkie Pie, its attention focused on the cupcake Pinkie Pie still had in her hand.

“Oh, are you still hungry? Here you go.” As Pinkie Pie spoke she gently tossed the cupcake over to the Munchlax, who promptly popped it into its gullet.

“Munchlax! Munchlax Munchlax!” Grinning broadly, the Munchlax hopped down off the table with a loud thud and proceeded to hug Pinkie Pie’s leg.

“I’m actually impressed, that Munchlax seems to really like you,” Derek remarked as he watched Pinkie Pie feed the Munchlax several treats she evidently had stashed away in her pockets.

“Of course! Sharing yummy treats like this is a great way to make new friends,” Pinkie Pie replied cheerfully as she began to dance around the picnic with both the Munchlax and Toothy.

Fluttershy, however, didn’t seem able to share her friend’s unbridled glee. “What in Equestria did he mean by ‘creepy guys’?” Fluttershy muttered to herself.

“What’s that?” Derek asked.

“Oh, it’s just something that Munchlax said when Pinkie gave it the cupcake,” Fluttershy said. “I don’t think it was anything too important, it just seemed a little odd.” Despite her efforts to downplay what she had overheard, however, Fluttershy found that her statement had had the opposite of the desired effect.

“Are…are you saying you actually understand what that Munchlax was saying?” Derek asked as he stared at Fluttershy as though she had grown a second head.

“It’s not as though it’s that big of a deal, is it?” I mean, I’m really just good at understanding different creatures, that’s all. I’m certain there are lots of pon – of people who can talk to them,” Fluttershy said without much conviction.

Derek spent the next several moments silently opening and closing his mouth as he struggled to fashion a coherent reply until he finally let out exasperated sigh. “Ok, setting aside the fact that you can apparently talk with Pokémon, you were mumbling something about what that Munchlax said. What exactly was it that it said that had you concerned?”

“Well, when Pinkie Pie first said hello to him the Munchlax mentioned how she seemed much nicer than the creepy guys he had been running from,” Fluttershy finally said. “Does that make any sense to you?”

“I’m not really sure what it would have been exactly, but I can think of a few possibilities,” Derek said. “Most likely you just had a couple of particularly obnoxious trainers trying to catch it. Munchlax is a fairly rare Pokémon after all. Now, in theory you could have had a couple of Pokémon hunters chasing after it, but I kind of doubt it since most of those jerks give the Javik region a wide berth.”

“Pokémon…hunters?” Fluttershy asked hesitantly with a mixture of concern and confusion.

“People who capture Pokémon to sell to the highest bidder. Most of them are complete scum even by the standards of other criminals, but they also tend to be craven little cowards who wouldn’t want to risk crossing the Javik League.” Derek paused for a moment before continuing. “There is one other possibility, but I really don’t think –“

“Yo yo yo! Y’all better watch out / or it’s gonna be a rout / if y’all try and mess / with the grunts with clout!”

“Oh dear sweet Arceus you have got to be kidding me!” Derek groaned as he heard someone loudly announce their approach. Increasingly confused, Fluttershy tuned to see two strangely dressed trainers exaggeratedly swaggering towards the picnic.

“Check it! Listen up, get yer hands out of yer pockets / ‘cause the two baddest grunts from Alola are comin’ at ya fast as rockets!” Once of the two trainers said as he struck an awkward pose of some kind, only for his companion to smack him upside the head.

“Dude!” the second trainer said in a harsh whisper.

“Oh crud, right. Uh, forget what I said about rocks, I definitely didn’t say nothin’ about Team Rocket.” The grunt looked over to his companion, who gave him a thumbs up of approval.

Derek, meanwhile, was shaking his head in disgust. “This sort of thing is why nobody takes the Alola League seriously.”

“Who are those guys?” Pinkie Pie asked as she walked back over. The Munchlax she had been playing with followed close behind, careful to keep Pinkie Pie interposed between the strange trainers and itself.

“They’re apparently former members of a group that called itself Team Skull,” Derek replied. “Team Skull was essentially a gang of delinquents and troublemakers who spent most of their time harassing everyone in their general vicinity.”

“Yo! Quit talkin’ ‘bout us like we ain’t here! Us two grunts are somethin’ to fear!” one of the grunts yelled out angrily. Despite their protests, however, nobody present aside from the Munchlax seemed even the slightest bit intimidated. Even Fluttershy found herself more baffled than frightened by the duo.

“Maybe this Alola is like the place Zecora comes from,” Fluttershy thought to herself, not wanting to appear rude by asking about the pair’s constant rhyming. “What exactly is it that you want, anyway?”

“Check it! We’re here to cash in on that Pokémon over there / so you better hand it over or you’re in for a scare!”

“This ain’t no joke / we’re going fer broke / now quit yer stallin’ and hand over that Poké…mon.” As the grunt realized that he had botched his verse he looked positively crestfallen. “Aw dang it, I really messed that one up.”

“Naw, man,” his partner assured him. “That was a good try, y’ really did yer best there.”

Fluttershy exchanged a glance with Pinkie Pie before glancing down at the Munchlax, who was still cowering behind Pinkie’s legs. On the one hoof, the two so-called grunts seemed largely harmless, despite their bluster. On the other hoof, however, harmless or not neither mare could simply stand by and watch while this went on. “Um, pardon me, but it really doesn’t seem as though Munchlax wants to go with either of you. So, wouldn’t it be better if you found a different Pokémon to catch? There are lots of Pokémon around here, so I’m certain you could find one who’d –“

“You best be getting’ in our way / ‘cause if you are we’re gonna make you pay!” one of the grunts snapped angrily.

“Yeah! The two of us will make yer bones rattle / so let’s settle this with a Pokémon battle!” the other grunt added as both grunts pulled out Poké Balls.

“Fluttershy, we can’t just sit here while these mean…meany-meanpantses take Munchy away!” Pinkie Pie declared firmly.

“You’re…you’re absolutely right, Pinkie Pie,” Fluttershy declared before kneeling down to speak with her Cyndaquil. “I really hate to ask you to do this, but –“ Before Fluttershy even needed to finish her sentence Cyndaquil leapt out in front of her and began snarling at the grunts. Toothy soon joined it and together they and their trainers formed a wall between the grunts and their prize. “If you want to hurt this little critter then you’re going to have to get past us!” Fluttershy said. “Ohmygosh I can’t believe I actually just said that! I sounded just like Rainbow Dash!” Fluttershy added silently to herself.

“You girls think you can actually scare us? You’re gonna learn that you should really beware us!” Moving in unison, both grunts proceeded to lob their Poké Balls into the air. “Go Zubat, let’s take these suckers out!”

“They’re gonna scream and shout / but it won’t help against Bellsprout!” As the flashes of light form the grunts’ Poké Balls subsided, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie found themselves facing off against a frantically flapping eyeless bat and what appeared to be a slender, ambulatory pitcher plant respectively.

Fluttershy hesitated as she eyed her opponent’s Pokémon nervously. It had been easy enough to declare that she was going to protect a critter in danger, but actually commanding her Pokémon to harm another was a step further than she was comfortable with. “Are you really sure that you want to do this? There’s really no need for you to fight like this.”

“It’s too late for you to back out / now my Zubat’s gonna make ya shout,” the grunt fired back.

“Um, actually, I wasn’t talking to –“

“Zubat bat bat, Zubat bat Zubat!” the grunt’s Zubat chimed in, cutting Fluttershy’s protests off.

Fluttershy fell silent for a moment, her left eye twitching madly. It was bad enough that the Zubat had apparently picked up its trainer’s habit of speaking in rhyme, but its choice of vocabulary was enough to send Fluttershy over the edge. “Listen here, mister, my friend and I are trying to help a scared critter and I will not tolerate that kind of language!”

“Uh…what did I say?” the grunt asked, too confused to think of a proper rhyme.

“I. Wasn’t. Talking. To. YOU!” Fluttershy yelled with enough force to shock even her Cyndaquil. “Cyndaquil, use Ember!” Needing no further encouragement, Fluttershy’s Cyndaquil let out a howl as its back burst into flames, sending showers of burning cinders into the air towards Zubat.

“Zubat, start layin’ down the beat with Supersonic!” As it continued to try dodging the embers filling the air the Zubat let out a piercing shriek, forcing Fluttershy to cover her ears in an effort to block it out.

“Cyndaquil, are you alright?” Fluttershy called out as she struggled to remain standing. To Fluttershy’s immense relief, however, Cyndaquil was standing firm against the Zubat’s sonic assault. In fact, Cyndaquil appeared almost bored by the bat-like Pokémon’s efforts. “Cyndaquil, don’t let that bully win. Try using Ember again with everything you’ve got!” With a snort of acknowledgement Cyndaquil sent another torrent of cinders into the air, this time scoring a direct hit. Overwhelmed, the Zubat was sent tumbling to the ground in an undignified heap.

“Aw man, not cool,” the grunt grumbled as she recalled his Zubat back to its Pokémon. As the grunt glanced over to his companion, however, his eyes suddenly brightened. “You’ve got me beat / but I can take this defeat / since your friend can’t handle the bonehead elite.”

Fluttershy’s expression rapidly cycled from confusion to panic as she realized what the grunt was saying. Quickly turning towards Pinkie Pie’s battle, Fluttershy saw that Toothy had been forced down on all fours while the other grunt’s Bellsprout literally whipped it with a pair of vines.

“You thought you could beat me? You must’ve been trippin’. Now Bellsprout’s gonna give your gator one monster-sized whippin’.”

“Come on, Toothy, you can do it! We can’t let these big mean bullies hurt our friend!” Pinkie Pie cried out, her desperation clearly audible in her voice. Galvanized by the sound of his trainer’s voice Toothy snapped at one of the Bellsprout’s flailing vines, clamping down on it with enough force to cause his opponent to cry out in pain. This quickly proved to be a pyrrhic victory, however, as the Bellsprout then proceeded to yank its vines back with enough force to send Toothy crashing into one of the picnic tables. “Toothy!” Pinkie Pie gasped as she watched her Pokémon lie sprawled out amidst upturned casserole dishes. “Come on, Toothy, please get up.” Spurred on by Pinkie Pie’s pleas once again, Toothy summoned all of his strength to pull himself upright, only to promptly fall forward and collapse.

As Fluttershy watched Toothy fall she felt her teeth clench in rage. The fact that her friend’s Pokémon had just been beaten senseless was bad enough. But this wasn’t just some meaningless battle; they were fighting to project an innocent creature. Regardless of how much Fluttershy disliked battling, the stakes were too high for her to back down. “Cyndaquil, get ready to -“

“Munchlax!” Before Fluttershy could give her order, however, Munchlax’s voice rang out angrily as it walked out in front of Pinkie Pie. “Munchlax,” it added as it looked back over its shoulder towards Pinkie Pie.

“You really mean it?” Pinkie Pie asked with tears in her eyes, not needing Fluttershy to translate what it was saying. “Well, alright then! Let’s teach this party pooper why you don’t go around being a big mean bully!” Letting loose an enraged battle cry, Munchlax charged forward. The grunt’s Bellsprout scarcely had time to register its impending fate before Munchlax leapt into the air and landed on top of the Bellsprout with a dull thud that shook the very ground underneath. As Munchlax picked itself off the ground Bellsprout was left lying in an indent in the dirt, motionless save for the occasional twitch.

Pinkie Pie’s opponent gave his companion an uneasy glance as he recalled his Bellsprout before turning back to Pinkie. “We see we’re beat / so for now we’ll retreat / but you best watch out for when we next meet!” With that, the two grunts quickly fled over a nearby hill and disappeared from sight.

Neither Pinkie Pie nor Fluttershy paid much attention to the retreating duo, however. “Oh, Toothy, you really gave it your everything, didn’t you?” Pinkie Pie said as she cradled the injured Pokémon in her arms.

“There has to be something we can do to help him,” Fluttershy added as she opened up her backpack. “Maybe I have some medical supplies in here that could help. Let’s see, I’m sure I’d have some bandages, or antiseptic, or – Oh!” Fluttershy’s rummaging was interrupted as she felt a furry nose nudge her leg. Looking down, Fluttershy saw Joy calmly deposit something near her feet before looking up at her expectantly. “Is that for me?” Fluttershy asked as she bent down and picked up a small, yellow, diamond shaped object. “What in Equestria is this?”

“It’s called a revive.” Fluttershy turned to see Derek seated in a folding chair nearby. “It’s a type of medicine for Pokémon who’ve been knocked out during a battle You’ll still want to get him to a Pokémon Center as soon as you get the chance, but that’ll at least get the little guy up and moving around again.”

“Oh, um, thank you,” Fluttershy said, quickly turning her attention back to Toothy. As Pinkie Pie propped Toothy up Fluttershy gently fed him the revive. To their shock the effects of the medicine were nigh instantaneous, Toothy snapping awake the moment he swallowed the medicine and promptly starting to squirm in Pinkie’s arms.

“You tow handled yourselves pretty well for trainers with no battle experience,” Derek commented. “Especially you, Pinkie, it’s not easy to command a wild Pokémon like that.”

“Who, you mean Munchy? He just saw that his friends were in trouble and needed his help. That’s just the sort of thing that friends do for each other,” Pinkie Pie added.

“If you say so. By the way, out of curiosity, where are the two of you headed anyway?” Derek asked as he heaved himself out of his seat.

“We’re going to a place called Faunaville,” Fluttershy replied. “We got separated from some of our friends when we first arrived here and we’re planning on waiting for them there.”

“Well, that’s not a bad plan if your friends are taking the Javik League challenge. Most trainers taking that make a point of going through Faunaville sooner or later,” Derek said. “Actually, I’m headed out that way myself. Would you two mind if I tagged along with you on the way there?”

“Sure you can!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed happily before Fluttershy had a chance to raise any objections. “But, before we go anywhere I just want to say goodbye to Munchy. Where did that little guy get to, anyway?” A brief glance around revealed that ‘Munchy’, as the Munchlax had apparently been named, had wandered over to Pinkie Pie’s backpack, which she had taken off before challenging the grunts. Munchy was currently engrossed in rummaging through the backpack, presumably looking for something more to eat. “Munchy, what do you think you’re doing, silly?” Pinkie Pie admonished. “If you’re still hungry there’s plenty of food left on the tables.” Munchy, however, ignored Pinkie Pie as he triumphantly pulled out one of Pinkie’s spare Poké Balls. “Wait! Munchy, that isn’t –“ Before Pinkie Pie could even finish her sentence Munchy popped the Poké Ball into his mouth. A look of shock immediately sprang across Munchy’s face as his entire body transformed into red light before imploding into the Poké Ball he had just eaten. The ball fell to the ground and began frantically wiggling about for several moments before finally coming to rest with a chime.

“Huh, well, that’s certainly one way to capture a Pokémon,” Derek remarked. “I guess you won’t have to say goodbye just yet after all.”

Pinkie Pie was silent for a brief moment as a massive smile spread across her features before letting out a high-pitched giggling squeal of delight. Fluttershy, meanwhile, simply let out a small sigh of resignation as she watched her friend launch herself into a dance across the grass. “Well, at least Munchy should be safe from those rhyming trainers now,” Fluttershy thought to herself.

*********

“Aw man, the boss is gonna kick our tailbones when he finds out how bad we got beat,” one of the grunts moaned to his partner.

“Naw, don’t worry about it, man,” his companion assured him. “The big boss is a lot classier than Guzma; he’ll probably just yell at us a bunch. And that’s only if we come back empty handed. All we gotta do is snatch up some rare Pokémon for him and he’ll be all ‘You two really are the baddest grunts in the whole team’!”

“Dude, you really think so? That would be so sweet! But, that kinda reminds me of somethin’ I’ve been thinkin’ of. Y’know how all the elite grunts get to use their own names? Well, once we get recognized for being the hardest boneheads around, won’t that mean we’ll have to start usin’ our names instead just bein’ called grunts?”

“Crud, I hadn’t even thought about that. That would seriously suck!”

“I know man, but listen. What if we gave ourselves really kickass codenames? Then, when we introduce ourselves everybody would be all ‘Oh man, these guys must be the hardest, baddest trainers around’! I’ve even picked out a name for myself already; Ribcage. What do ya think?”

“Ribcage? Man, that is so…totally freakin’ awesome! Ooh, what if I started calling myself ‘Femur’?”

“Yeah, dude, that’s the idea,” the newly named Ribcage said with glee. “Now all we have to do is figure out a way to bag us some rare Pokémon for the boss.”

“I’m already a step ahead of ya!” Femur replied. “First off, we gotta head down to Faunaville…”

PreviousChapters Next