• Published 12th Aug 2017
  • 4,788 Views, 211 Comments

My Little Pokemon - Alabenson



After a magical accident Twilight and her friends, along with numerous other ponies, find themselves trapped in the world of Pokemon.

  • ...
10
 211
 4,788

PreviousChapters Next
Raging Rarity

“So, first Ah gotta move mah arms like this…and then Ah’m supposed to swing mahself around…no, wait, before any of that Ah’m supposed to throw mah arms forward…”

“For goodness sake, Applejack, are you still working on that ludicrous little dance?” Rarity asked in partial disbelief as the two walked down the path that led from Keystone City to Faunaville.

“Beggin’ yer pardon, Rarity, but y’all do remember what that ‘little dance’ can do if y’ get it right. Considerin’ there ain’t no tellin’ what we might run into Ah’d sure as hay like to figure out how to do that mahself,” Applejack said.

“Fair enough, although I for one would rather avoid getting involved in any of these battles if possible,” Rarity replied.

“Suit yerself. As fer mahself, Ah know Rainbow Dash is somewhere in this crazy place, and if Ah know RD she’ll be divin’ straight into this battlin’ stuff and Ah’ll be durned if Ah let her figure out this ‘Z-move’ nonsense first,” Applejack said firmly.

“Of course you won’t,” Rarity knew Applejack well enough to know that competition with Rainbow Dash was one of the few things that could divert her normally sensible mindset into utter lunacy. “In the meantime, I’m just thankful we were able to find a route that didn’t take us back through that repulsive trash yard.”

“Can’t argue on that point,” Applejack agreed. To the relief of both girls the route to Faunaville took them west of the troublesome scrapyard across a stretch of countryside that seemed to be all pastures and the occasional hillock. “Gotta say, all these field kinda remind me a bit of Ponyville. First time Ah’ve felt like home since we came to this durned place.”

“I know what you mean. As surprisingly not horrible as this little excursion has been, in its own way, I still can’t help but feel a touch homesick,” Rarity said. A few moments of quiet passed before Rarity suddenly brightened. “You know, I just had an idea. If you’re really concerned about getting the hang of this whole ‘Z-move’ nonsense then why don’t we stop for a bit so you can practice with that Aron of yours?”

“Ah don’t know about that. Not that Ah don’t appreciate the offer or nothin’, but are y’all sure we should take a break just fer that? Ah’d hate to dawdle on our way to this Faunaville place only to find out we just missed somepony. Besides, what’re y’all plannin’ on doin’ while Ah practice?”

“Applejack, you worry far too much,” Rarity gently chided her friend with a laugh. “”An extra hour or two isn’t going to make any difference as to whether we find any of our friends at the next town. As for myself, I’m certain I can find something to occupy myself with. If nothing else I can use the opportunity to work on some of my sketches.”

“Well, if y’all really don’t mind waitin’ around…” Applejack said as she pulled out her Aron’s Poké Ball. “Rise and shine, Aron! We’ve got some trainin’ to do!”

Rarity smiled as she watched Applejack prepare to put herself and her Aron through their paces. While Rarity still wasn’t quite sold on the appeal of Pokémon battling, she couldn’t deny her friend’s growing enthusiasm for the sport. “It’s certainly an exhilarating enough spectacle to watch, but I can’t imagine wanting to participate in something so brutish myself,” Rarity said to herself as she took out her sketchpad and stated flipping through it. “Especially when I have this to focus my attention on. At the rate I’ve been going I’ll have my entire upcoming Spring line planned, with enough extra inspiration to last me through the next five or so resort seasons at least.” Rarity grinned as a sudden though struck her. “You know, I wonder how many other ponies besides Maud were brought here? If there were enough of them and if they pick up the habit of wearing clothes all the time then my boutiques could see a major upswing in business. I’ll have to talk with Sassy Saddles when I get back to Equestria to review our inventory, maybe sooner if I should happen to run into her here.”

Rarity likely could have continued her musings about future demand for her dresses for several more minutes, but fate had other plans. A sudden gust of wind swept across the fields, forcing Rarity to clutch her sketchbook to her chest to keep any loose pages from flying away. Unfortunately, while Rarity was able to protect her drawings, the scarf she had been wearing wasn’t so lucky. The gust swept the silken garment right off Rarity’s neck, sending it tumbling through the air.

“Oh no!” Rarity wailed as she watched her accessory waft away. “If it lands in a mud puddle it will be just ruined, and that was one of the nicer scarves I had with me, too.” Rarity hurriedly put her things away before chasing after the errant garment. “I hate to admit it, but I should probably thank Applejack for insisting I wear sneakers. This is not an activity for fashionable footwear.”

Luckily, it didn’t take long for the wind to die back down, leaving Rarity’s precious scarf to gently settle down onto a patch of grass. But, for every bit of good luck Rarity was experiencing it seemed a new stroke of bad luck followed. The patch of grass that her scarf had fallen on lay right at the hooves of a sizeable, ox-like Pokémon. The creature started at the piece of cloth that had landed atop its lunch and sniffed at it curiously before looking up at a rapidly approaching Rarity.

“Yoo-hoo! Pardon me, I hate to interrupt your grazing, but it you could just wait a moment while I collect my scarf,” Rarity called out.

The Pokémon responded by giving Rarity a look of bored indifference before letting out a snort and resuming its inspection of her scarf.

“Hmm, not the most talkative Pokémon, are you?” Rarity said as she started to creep closer so she could retrieve her scarf, only to pull back when the Pokémon suddenly looked up at her and gave a snort of irritation. “You know, now that I think about it, perhaps it would be better if I knew a bit more about you before I continue. Let’s see what this little device has to say about you,” Rarity said as she pulled out her Pokédex and pointed it at the uncooperative creature.

Tauros, the wild bull Pokémon. When disturbed, Tauros will go on a wild rampage, attacking anything in sight. During these rampages, Tauros will sustain their frenzy by repeatedly whipping themselves with their three tails.

“Oh, that’s just delightful,” Rarity said, her voice dripping with sarcasm as she looked back up at the Tauros standing in front of her. “I’ll just have to handle this situation delicately. Let’s see, how would Fluttershy approach a situation like this?” Rarity cleared her throat and began to slowly inch towards the Tauros. “Who’s a good, er, Tauros? You’re a good Tauros! Don’t mind me, I’m not going to bother you. I’m just going to retrieve my scarf there,” Rarity said in the most calming manner that she could muster as she reached for her scarf.

The Tauros, meanwhile, seemed utterly unimpressed with Rarity’s efforts. After watching Rarity creep closer for a few moments, the Tauros lost interest and returned to its examination of the scarf. Giving the scarf a final sniff, the Tauros seemed to come to a conclusion regarding it and unceremoniously plucked it off the ground and began chewing on it.

Rarity froze and stared at the Tauros for several moments as her mind processed the scene playing out before her. “Put that down this instant!” Rarity finally screeched as she recovered enough from the shock to speak. “That scarf is a fashion accessory, not a snack for some ill-mannered brute of a Pokémon. Now give it here!” Her fear of the Tauros having been completely subsumed by her rage at the crime being committed against fashion she was witnessing, Rarity lunged at the Tauros and attempted to grab the scarf out of its mouth.

As Rarity reached for the scarf, however, the Tauros calmly swung its head into her stomach. While the Tauros thankfully put little effort into the blow, it still had enough power to knock Rarity into the air. The fashionista landed in a patch of grass several feet away, unharmed but absolutely livid. Rarity promptly climbed to her feet and charged at the Tauros in an effort to recover her scarf, only to once more be tossed through the air in response. This process repeated itself twice more, with each iteration sending Rarity into a deeper fury. The Tauros, by contrast appeared to be actually be thoroughly enjoying itself.

“Wipe that disgusting grin off of your face this instant! You think that this is all just a game, don’t you? Well, there is on thing that I always take seriously and this when I see a crime being committed against fashion!” Rarity said, her eyes flashing with anger as she pulled out a Poke Ball. “And I know precisely how to make certain you understand that I’m not just kidding around!”

*********

“To tell the truth, all the movin’ and posin’ that goes into this Z-move nonsense just makes me feel like Ah’m just kiddin’ around,” Applejack said as she finished awkwardly going through her Z-move’s motions.

“Aron,” her Aron replied simply as it watched her straighten herself back up.

“If y’all are pointin’ out how important it is that Ah figure this out then y’all don’t need to say anythin’. Ah remember exactly what this nonsense can do if y’ do it right and Ah reckon y’all do as well since y’all were the one to get hit with it last time. Still doesn’t mean Ah can’t feel a bit silly doin’ it mahself, not to mention Ah can’t shake this feelin’ that Ah’m missin’ somethin’.”

“Aron,” Applejack’s Aron replied as it stood up. “Aron Aron.”

“Sounds like y’all have some ideas about how Ah should be goin’ about this,” Applejack said. “Well, this whole deal is supposed to be about workin’ together so it couldn’t hurt to give it a short. Alright then, let’s get started!”

*********

“I’m sorry, Piplup, but I think you’re finished for now,” Rarity said apologetically as she recalled her badly battered Pokémon back to its ball. The Tauros had proven to be far more than Piplup could handle and was not celebrating by continuing to chew on Rarity’s scarf as though it were a piece of gum. “Don’t worry, though. I won’t allow this brutish enemy of fashion to get away with this travesty!” Rarity’s declaration, though made with as much drama as she could muster, was undercut somewhat by the simple fact that she had no idea how she would go about accomplishing her goal.

For its part, the Tauros seemed utterly oblivious to Rarity’s anger. Instead it simply stood there as it chewed on the colorful bit of fabric and contemplated the intricacies of running headfirst into things.

The Tauros was so engrossed in its meditation that it failed to notice Rarity sneaking around to its side until she suddenly rushed at it. Before the Tauros could turn to knock her back once again Rarity dodged to the side and leapt into the air, landing on the Tauros’ back. “Aha! I have you right where I want you. Now, drop my scarf this instant or I shall be forced to –”

Whatever threat Rarity was about to issue was abruptly cut off by the Tauros’ enraged bellow at this new turn of events. Immediately the Tauros began furiously jumping and bucking in an effort to dislodge its unwanted passenger, forcing Rarity to hold on for dear life.

“Jump around all you want; I’m not letting go until you release my scarf!” Rarity wailed as she clung to the Tauros’ back. If Rarity had been thinking a bit more clearly, she very well might have abandoned her scarf at this point, if for no other reason than the fact that it had likely already been ruined beyond all hope of recovery. A heady cocktail of indignation, adrenaline and sheer rage, however, ensured that Rarity was in no state of mind to cut her losses.

For its part, the Tauros wasn’t in any state of mind to make a connection between its snack and the human clinging to its back. As the Tauros charged across the field, jerking from one side to another, it continuously whipped itself with its three tails which goaded it into an ever-greater fury.

“Perhaps this wasn’t quite the best idea I’ve ever had,” Rarity was forced to admit to herself after a full minute passed without the Tauros’ fury abating in the slightest.

*********

“Looks like workin’ together on this might’ve been the best durn idea Ah’ve had all day!” Applejack declared happily as she and Aron completed their latest attempt at the Z-move. While they had yet to actually successfully trigger the attack, they had made significant progress, the proof of which lay in the golden glow emanating from Applejack’s bracelet. “Ah reckon we’re gettin’ real close to havin’ this down, we just need to give it one more try. Y’all think yer good fer another go?”

“Aron!” Applejack’s Aron replied firmly as it adopted a fighting stance and readied itself.

“Now that’s the spirit, let’s give this one everythin’ we’ve got!” Applejack said as she widened her stance to brace herself. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, Applejack crossed her arms in front of her chest before thrusting them straight out, her bracelet already flaring up with energy. As Applejack scrunched up her face in concentration, she proceeded to twist and flex her arms just as she had seen Professor Amer do during their battle. With each new pose the glow engulfing Applejack‘s bracelet intensified until the glow had completely enveloped her body.

Aron, meanwhile, stood in front of Applejack and attempted to mimic her movements as closely as its quadrupedal posture and stubby limbs would allow, which admittedly mostly consisted of Aron staring into space as intensely as possible. As Applejack completed the movements to perform the Z-move, however, Aron began to emit the same golden light as Applejack’s bracelet. Then, just as Applejack finished her movements, the golden light surrounding her exploded, sending streams of light arcing towards Aron and merging with the aura around it.

“Alright, here goes nothin’. Continental Crush!” Applejack roared. In response, Aron’s eyes flashed with power as streams of light began to emit from Aron, coalescing into a ball several feet in the air in front of it. As the ball formed, rocks and dirt began rising from the ground and being pulled into the glow, graduating forming a giant bolder. With one final burst of energy, Aron sent the bolder flying into the air, coming crashing back down on the far side of a nearby hill. Having successfully performed her first Z-move Applejack collapsed backwards onto the ground, her legs unable to keep holding her up. “Hoowee, Ah didn’t realize how much that would take out of me. Ah feel like Ah just ran the whole Runnin’ of the Leaves while haulin’ Big Macintosh’s jalopy behind me the whole way. Still, we did it, and if we can do it once that means we should be able to do it again when it really counts.” Satisfied with her accomplishment, Applejack lay back onto the grass, covering her face with her hat. “Ah think Ah’m just gonna lie here fer a while, or at least until Rarity gets back from whatever it was she’s off doin’.” As Applejack dozed off, her Aron waddled up to her and nuzzled itself under her hand before lying down next to her. “Sure is a good thing there ain’t nobody else round these parts. Ah’d hate to have to worry that somebody might’ve gotten hurt by that thing.”

*********

Rarity was not having a good day. By some miracle, Rarity had somehow managed to avoid being thrown off of the Tauros’ back long enough for the enraged Pokémon to start to tire out. Rarity had even started formulating a plan as to how to safely dismount the Tauros and recover what remained of her scarf once the Tauros slowed down. All of this planning had flown out the proverbial window, however, when a gigantic bolder came crashing down from the sky. While the massive chunk of rock mercifully failed to score a direct hit, the force of the impact was still sufficient to send both the Tauros, and Rarity along with it, flying into the air.

“I…have had…quite enough…of this!” Rarity panted as she pulled herself unsteadily to her feet. “My outfit is absolutely filthy, my hair is a mess, and my manicure is completely ruined. I demand that you hand over my scarf this instant or I will have no choice but to -”

Rarity’s latest rant was cut short by the stomach-churning sound of fabric being torn. One of the Tauros’ hooves had caught the edge of the scarf as it stood up, causing the scarf to be torn in half as the Tauros raised its head. The Tauros didn’t seem especially bothered by the damage its meal had just sustained, continuing to chew on the fabric absentmindedly as it started impassively at Rarity.

Rarity, meanwhile, simply stared at the Tauros as she felt something snap deep within her mind. The fashionista stared at the Tauros in silence, teeth clenched and hands balled tightly into fists as her anger boiled up inside her until Rarity finally let out a shriek of pure rage. All rational thought having been purged by burning fury, Rarity promptly charged at the Tauros while flinging whatever she could pull out of her pockets at it.

At first, the Tauros seemed to scarcely notice the deluge of small objects pelting it. It wasn’t until a red and white ball smacked it right between its eyes that it seemed to realize what was happening, but by then it was far too late. As the ball bounced off the Tauros’ head it split open and engulfed the Tauros in red light before pulling it back inside the ball. Even as the Poké Ball fell to the ground it was wildly shaking and thrashing about, and continued to do so for several seconds. Eventually, however, the fall come to rest and let out a chime signifying a successful capture.

*********

Several minutes later, a marginally less disheveled Rarity came walking up to where Applejack was resting. “Yoo-hoo, Applejack, how has your practice been coming along?” Rarity called out cheerfully as she approached.

“Well, Ah think Aron and me have the basics down, at least, but Ah reckon we still have room to improve. That durn move takes so much out of me that –” As Applejack spoke, she sat up, noticing Rarity’s condition for the first time. “What in the name of Celestia happed to y’all?”

“I encountered some minor difficulty dealing with a fashion emergency, but that’s all been taken of,” Rarity replied. “So, if you’re ready, I’d appreciate it if we could head out. My Pokémon need a trip to the Pokémon Center, I desperately need a trip to the spa…” Rarity let out a defeated sigh. “And I’m afraid I’m going to need to find myself a new scarf.”

Applejack though for a moment before concluding it would be best if she didn’t ask too many questions. “Ah’m all set to get movin’ if y’all are,” Applejack said as she recalled her Aron to its Poké Ball. “It’ll be good to get to this Faunaville place and meet up with Fluttershy anyway.”

“Darling, I want to see Fluttershy again as much as you do, but let’s not get out hopes up. We don’t even know for sure if Fluttershy is even there.” Rarity cautioned.

“Are y’all kiddin’? A nice quiet farm town with a buildin’ full of baby critters?” Applejack replied with a laugh. “Fluttershy’d be on that place like fruit bats on a red delicious, and once she’s there it’ll take a team of draft horse to get her away!”

PreviousChapters Next