• Published 12th Aug 2017
  • 4,788 Views, 211 Comments

My Little Pokemon - Alabenson



After a magical accident Twilight and her friends, along with numerous other ponies, find themselves trapped in the world of Pokemon.

  • ...
10
 211
 4,788

PreviousChapters Next
Cable Carnage

“Princess Celestia sure don’t mind puttin’ the pressure on us when it’s important,” Applejack said as she and Rarity packed up their things. “How the hay are we supposed to figure out how to get everypony back to Equestria when we don’t even know how we got here in first place?”

“Well, I imagine Twilight might have a bit more information on the subject then we do. The best thing we can probably do for now is what we’ve been trying to do already and find the others. Once the six of us are back together there’ll be no obstacle that we won’t be able to overcome. Of course, this is all assuming that Twilight won’t have already resolved the entire situation on her own by then,” Rarity added.

“Ah suppose y’all have a point there, and the way things have been goin’ so far, just chasin’ down Pinkie and Fluttershy has been about as much as we can handle by ourselves. At least we’ve almost got that whole mess over and done with. Near as Ah can tell, once we’ve gone down the cable car it’s a straight shot to Aquarius City,” Applejack said as she zipped up her backpack.

“The best part is that once we get on that cable car we’ll be able to relax a bit regarding Sombra and Chrysalis,” Rarity said as she finished her own packing. “After all, I can’t imagine even those two being so insane that they’d try attacking us in a place like that.”

*********

“This is excellent! Once those two are in that cable car they’ll have nowhere to run, it will be the perfect time to attack!” Chrysalis cackled as she listened to Bray’s report that Rarity and Applejack were waiting to board the cable car. Now that we have these crystals, those pathetic foals won’t stand a chance!”

“For once, I think we’re actually in agreement,” Sombra said. “Of course, only one of us will be able to strike at them directly, the other will need to stay back at the top to ensure there’s no interference. Obviously, as the more powerful of the tow of us, I should be the one who strikes directly at Princess Twilight’s insufferable –”

“Over my dead body you will!” Chrysalis snarled in rage. “You think I don’t see what you’re doing? You intend to destroy them and then claim to Grogar that you’re the one who did all the work so he’ll grant you complete control over Equestria and leave me with nothing! I’ll be the one to destroy those two cretins, while you can wait by yourself at the top.”

“Clearly your mind is as worm-eaten as your legs are,” Sombra fired back. “The only way either of us could defeat both of those two at once, even with the crystals, is with my berserker spell –”

“So? That just means I’d need one of those red crystals you’ve been hoarding, right? So hand one over,” Chrysalis said imperiously as she stuck out her hand. “I’ll tell you what, if you provide one of your miserable crystals to assist me, I’ll inform Grogar that you did you part in ensuring my triumph,” Chrysalis added grudgingly. Grumbling, Sombra reluctantly dug into his bag and pulled out a small, crimson crystal which he handed to the triumphantly smirking Chrysalis.

Inwardly, however, Sombra was cackling with glee at the way things had turned out. “Fooling that idiot was so easy I almost feel guilty about it. All I needed was to prod her bloated ego a little and she insisted on taking on all the danger herself. With any luck, Twilight’s little friends and her will destroy each other, and then I’ll only have Grogar himself to contend with. And, if they can’t manage to destroy each other, I can always give them a little assistance.”

*********

“Now boarding the cable car to Ferrum Village. Please have your tickets ready.” To Applejack, the bored, scratchy voice issuing from the waiting area speakers was music to her ears, signaling that she and Rarity were finally going to make real progress on their journey. The pair quickly got in line to board the car, and in minutes they were filing inside and looking for a place to sit. The interior of the cable car was nothing particularly unusual, resembling the car of a passenger train other than being twice as long with an aisle twice as wide. The size of said aisle must have been a tempting spot for trainers, as several signs had been posted throughout the car warning that Pokémon battling within the car was strictly forbidden, much to Applejack’s amusement.

“The folks around here sure do love battlin’ their Pokémon,” Applejack remarked as the pair seated themselves.

“Really? Whatever convinced you of that? Could it have been the massive infrastructure they’ve dedicated to the practice? Or perhaps it was the fact that nearly every individual we’ve met has had at least some interest in the activity?” Rarity replied snippily.

“Ah was just noticin’ those warnin’ signs they’ve got put up everywhere is all. Sheesh, Rarity, what the hay’s got y’all so upset all of a sudden?”

“I’m sorry, Applejack, its just I feel so on edge for some reason, and I’m not really sure why,” Rarity said.

“Huh, y’all think it could be yer scared of heights or somethin’?” Applejack suggested. “Ah got a good look down when we were gettin’ on this thing, and it sure as hay is a long way down.” Rarity visibly winced at Applejack’s observation.

“I will admit that I haven’t been especially fond of heights ever since the…incident at the Best Young Flyers competition, but that isn’t what’s been bothering me. This feels more as though I know something’s going to go wrong, but I just don’t know what. I realize I’m probably just being silly, but—”

“Ah don’t know if Ah’d say that. If yer gut’s tellin’ y’all somethin’s ain’t right, then maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea to keep our eyes peeled fer trouble. Worst case there is nothin’ happens, and that’d be a whole lot better than getting’ caught with our noses in the trough.” Further conversation was put on hold as the doors to the cable car closed with an audible sequence of thuds before the entire car seemed to lurch forward, shaking just enough to be felt. Moments later, a noticeable mechanical drone filled the air as the cable car started to move. Despite Rarity’s premonitions of danger, the next hour or so proved to be completely uneventful, and the pair soon shifted their focus from worrying about some unseen and purely hypothetical danger to enjoying the spectacular views offered by the cable car’s altitude.

“Ooh, Applejack, I think I can see Aquarius City from here off in the distance,” Rarity marveled as she pointed towards a hazy cluster of buildings far on the horizon.

“Yeah, Ah guess that could be – did we just stop movin’?” Sure enough, the background drone of the cable car’s engines had abruptly ceased as the car came to a halt only halfway to its destination. “What the hay’s goin’ on? Y’all don’t think somethin’s gone wrong, do y’?”

Rarity opened her mouth as she was about to answer, but instead pointed out the window up towards the mountain in alarm. “What is that?” Applejack, along with several of the cable car’s other passengers, turned to see a much smaller cable car racing down one of the cables straight towards them.

“I think that’s one of the utility cars they use for maintenance,” one of the passengers said. “Our car must have stopped because of some mechanical error, so they’re sending someone out in that thing to fix it.”

“Ah dunno, are y’all sure aobut htat? That thing looks like its headin’ towards us awfully fast,” Applejack said.

“Well, it would need to move a lot faster than the main car. Otherwise, we’d be stuck here for an hour while we waited for them to just get here. Whoever’s in there should start putting on the brakes to slow themselves down any moment now.”

“It sure don’t look like they’re slowin’ done none,” Applejack said as she backed away from the window. “If anythin’, it looks like that thing’s pickin’ up speed. Aw hay…EVERBODY GET DOWN!” As the passengers of the cable car realized what was happening, they all frantically scrambled to dive for cover while the utility car streaked towards its target. Scarcely a few seconds after Applejack had shouted out her warning, the utility care smashed into the center door of the cable car with a gut-wrenching crash. The force of the collision wedged the utility car into the side of the passenger vehicle, but by some miracle both remained suspended on the cables. As Applejack and some of the other passengers began picking themselves up off the ground, the doors the utility car had crashed into burst inward as something forced its way inside.

“Curse that demented lump of shadows, that ridiculous plan of his could have killed me,” Chrysalis snarled as she and her Scyther entered the cable car. “No matter, I’ll deal with that traitorous cretin once I’m done here. For the moment, I have a much more satisfying bit of vengeance to tend to…”

“Have y’all lost whatever pile of moldy apple cores y’all had fer a mind?” Applejack yelled as she stepped out into the aisle to face Chrysalis. “It’s bad enough y’all’ve been chasin’ me ‘round the island, but now y’all gotta put all these folks in danger too?” While Applejack’s righteous indignation made it easy for her to put on a brace face, in truth the situation left her feeling less than confidant. The tight confines of the cable car meant it wouldn’t be feasible to unleash Spiritomb, nor could she safely user her Pokémon’s Z-moves. Granted, Applejack was reasonably sure she could still win without either option, but there was no telling just what exactly Chrysalis had up her sleeve, especially knowing she was working with Sombra. “Well, if yer still fixin’ fer a fight after what happened last time, then Ah guess Ah’ll have to oblige y’. Aron, get ready to give these bugs a whuppin’ they ain’t gonna forget!” The entire cable car shook as Aron emerged from its Poké Ball and landed on the cable car floor.

“I know what you’re up to,” Chrysalis sneered, prompting a nervous expression from Applejack. “You’re planning on using one of those Z-move things against me! Well, two can play at that game!” Chrysalis pointed at Applejack, who to her horror now noticed the Z-ring on Chrysalis’ wrist. “Scyther! Go! Unleash your full power upon your queen’s enemies!” Chrysalis’ demand was met by several seconds of nothing before her Scyther finally turned back to looker at her with a confused expression. “Well? What are you waiting for? Go! Attack! Destroy them!”

“Hey, y’all might be the nastier than a timberwolf with a toothache, but y’all sure ain’t much of a trainer,” Applejack said with audible relief. “Now, why don’t y’all stop this nonsense before someone gets hurt?”

“Bah! I should have known these crystals would be completely worthless! That stone-obsessed buffoon wasn’t accomplishing anything other than wasting my time,” Chrysalis snarled in frustration. “Let’s see if his other little pet project can redeem him at all.” As Chrysalis spoke, she pulled out the crimson crystal Sombra had given her and pointed it at her Scyther.

“Applejack, be careful!” Rarity shouted. “That’s the same sort of crystal Sombra used to make his beastly little Pokémon go wild!” As if to added to Rarity’s warning, Chrysalis’ Scyther let out a scream of rage as its eyes began glowing bright red.

“Just what in tarnation is that crystal doin’ to yer Scyther, anyway?” Applejack asked in horror as she watched the Scyther begin lashing out at the seats nearby with its claws.

“It’s making it stronger, that’s what it’s doing. Beyond that, why should I care? The only thing that matters is its ability to carry out my will. Speaking of which, Scyther! Destroy Applejack and her simpering little protector!” Applejack gritted her teeth and was about to command her Aron to go on the offensive, but before she could several other voices rang out.

“Vulpix, Flamethrower!”
“Raichu, Thunderbolt!”
“Hypno, Psybeam!”
“Magikarp, Tackle!”

In an instant, blasts of fire, lightning, and multicolored light shot out and pummeled Chrysalis’ Scyther, while a large, reddish-orange fish flew over Scyther’s head and crashed into Chrysalis’ face. “I don’t know who you are, but if you think we’re all just going to sit around while you try and hurt someone then you’ve got another thing coming!” As Chrysalis tried to shake off the probable concussion she had just received, she looked up to see that the other passengers of the cable car had risen up to support her intended victims. What’s more, her Scyther was now lying on the ground, completely unconscious.

“No! Get away from me!” Chrysalis yelled as several plant-like Pokémon wrapped her up in their vines. “Gah! This couldn’t possibly get any worse.”

*********

“Hmph, the crystal’s magic has already dissipated. The only way it would happen that quickly is if Chrysalis’ creature were rendered unconscious,” Sombra grumbled as he looked down at the cable car from the control booth he and Bray had barricaded themselves inside, the lone intern who had been operating it unconscious at his feet. “I suspected the idiot wouldn’t have been able to succeed even with my power, but I hadn’t expected for her to be defeated this easily. No matter, Chrysalis’ ineptitude just means I’ll need to move on to plan B.”

“Plan B? What do you – neeHaw! – mean by that?” Bray asked as he continued to push whatever objects he could find against the door.

“It’s simple, really,” Sombra said as he let out his Sableye. “You, start chewing through those cables.” Sableye let out a wicked cackle and disappeared into the room’s shadows while Bray looked on in alarm.

“You’re having it chew through the cables? But, Chrysalis is still on the car, how is – neeHaw! – she supposed to get out?” Bray cried.

“She’s not,” Sombra replied, his voice chillingly calm. “I imagine she’ll be killed in the crash along with whoever else is in the car. It’s a little messier than how I prefer to do things, which is why I made it my backup plan. Still, it should eliminate Twilight’s friends rather effectively, and I doubt Grogar will mind me sacrificing the bug queen if it means our targets are dealt with.” Bray let out a groan of disapproval as he looked away.

“You’re probably – neeHaw! – right about that part,” Bray admitted sullenly. “But I still don’t really like it.

“You can dislike it all you want, just make sure that door stays shut until Sableye is able to cut the cables,” Sombra growled. “The last thing I need is for someone to notice what’s going on and trying to interfere before that cable car has come crashing down.”

*********

“Ah really want to thank y’all fer helpin’ us out with her,” Applejack said as she thanked the various trainers who had subdued Chrysalis. The former changeling queen now lay hogtied on her side, with someone’s sock stuffed in her mouth as a gag to stop her constant stream of threats of terrible vengeance.

“Hey, no problem. We’ve all had to deal with criminal teams back in our home regions, so we know what it’s like,” one of the trainers said. “Though, she seems a lot nastier than the ones we have back in Kalos. Is she from Team Plasma or something? I heard they were pretty bad, but I’ve never met any myself.”

“Nah, she’s not dressed nearly stupid enough to be one of those guys. I bet she’s from Team Galatic. Aren’t those guys completely nuts or something?”

“She does seem crazy enough, but those nutjobs all had those weird bowl haircuts, I think it was part of their uniform or something.”

“She could be an admin, though. Don’t crime team admins usually get to dress differently?” The various trainers continued to debate which criminal organization Chrysalis may have been a part of until, suddenly, the cable car abruptly tilted as one end sagged alarmingly downward.

“What in tarnation is goin’ on now?” Applejack yelled out as she grabbed a nearby seat to keep from falling over. And as it turned out, Applejack wouldn’t have long to wait before getting an answer to her question.

“Look! One of the cables snapped up near the mountain!” This exclamation was met with cries of horror as the cable car’s occupants all looked out the windows to see that, indeed, one of the three sets of cables the car was suspended from had somehow been severed and was now falling to the ground below. Amidst the panic, Applejack noticed that Chrysalis seemed to be frantically flailing about as much as her bonds would allow.

“Why do Ah get the sinkin’ feelin’ that y’all know what the hay’s goin’ on?” As Chrysalis nodded her head angrily, Applejack reach down and yanked the sock out of her mouth.

“Puah! Don’t these disgusting apes ever bathe themselves. Anyway, of course I know what’s happening, you ridiculous simpleton! It’s Sombra! He must have realized that my attack was thwarted and decided to take matters into his own hands. That traitorous wretch was probably planning on doing this from the start.”

“Y’all are tellin’ me that Sombra’s that ready to toss y’all under the apple cart just to get at us?” Applejack asked incredulously. “Ah know the two of y’all are villains and everythin’, but Ah can’t believe y’all would really stab each other in the backs like that.”

“Really, you’re actually surprised that we’d betray each other?” Chrysalis replied with genuine amusement. “If anything, I’m a little surprised it’s taken Sombra this long to attempt something like this.” Applejack let out a snort of disgust as she turned away from Chrysalis and refocused on finding a way out of her current situation.

“Hey, Ah got a question fer y’all,” Applejack said as she grabbed one of her fellow passengers. “The cables this thing’s on are at an angle, right? So, what the hay’s keepin’ us from just rollin’ on down to the bottom instead of sittin’ here?”

“Um, I think the trucks on top of the car all have brakes that keep the car in place,” the trainer said. “That way they can control how fast the car goes down the track. I’m pretty sure you could disable the emergency breaks to let it roll down, but—”

“Thanks, that’s all Ah needed to hear,” Applejack said as she quickly made her way over to where Chrysalis’s utility car had smashed into the cable car.

“Applejack, what in Celestia’s name do you think you’re doing?” Rarity cried out as Applejack started to climb into the wreckage of the utility car. “You’re not seriously thinking on doing what I think you’re doing?”

“If Ah can get those breaks on top loose, that should send this car rollin’ down the cables. Ah doubt it’ll be a neat landin’, but Ah recon it’d sure be a better option than just sittin’ here waitin’ to fall,” Applejack said.

“I understand what you’re saying, but are you really going to climb up there? It’s just too dangerous,” Rarity protested.

“More dangerous than doin’ nothin’ and waitin’ fer Sombra to cut those other cables?” Applejack countered. “If y’all have a better idea then Ah’d sure love to hear it, but otherwise Ah’m goin’ up there and tryin’ to get us out of this mess.”

“Actually, I do happen to have one idea,” Rarity said after thinking about it for a moment. “Rather than you going out there and risking your life to get us out of this, why don’t we have her do it instead?” Applejack turned to follow Rarity’s gaze straight towards the still-struggling Chrysalis.

“Her?” Applejack sputtered in shock.

“Me?” Chrysalis shrieked simultaneously, before letting out a mocking laugh. “Hah! And what in Equestria makes you think for a second that I’d do anything to help the likes of you two, let along put myself at risk?” Chrysalis sneered. In response, Rarity crouched down until she was almost eye level with Chrysalis.

“Because as much as you might despise us and want to see us destroyed, I doubt very much that you’re willing to sacrifice yourself in the process.” Rarity replied simply. Chrysalis said nothing in return, merely narrowing her eyes menacingly at Rarity in response.

*********

“I hate you! I hate you all! Do you hear me?” Chrysalis screamed as she clung to the top of the cable car.

“Duly noted, darling. Now, how are you doing with those emergency brakes?” Rarity called back as she stuck her head out one of the cable car windows.

“Uh, Rarity, are y’all really sure this is such a good idea? We’re pretty much trustin’ our lives to Chrysalis here, of all creatures,” Applejack said. “How do we know she won’t stab us straight in the back the second she gets the chance?”

“Oh, she absolutely will, darling, which is why we need to keep and eye out for her inevitable betrayal. But, for the moment, we’re not trusting Chrysalis with our lives, we’re trusting her with her own life,” Rarity replied. “I assure you, Chrysalis does not strike me as the sort of creature who would be willing to sacrifice herself for anything.”

“And just how the hay do y’all know so much about Chrysalis?” Applejack demanded.

“Simple, really, from the various changelings I’ve spoken with. There’ve been a surprising number of them who’ve gone into the modeling business ever since Thorax reformed them, so I’ve had plenty of opportunities to chat with them. They really are a lovely group of creatures, now that they’re not being forced to kidnap ponies so they can feed on their love by a vicious despot, that is,” Rarity added.

“I still hate you!” Chrysalis screamed, punctuating Rarity’s point.

“Hate us all you want, but you really should hurry up with those –” the cable car noticeable swung forward a bit, cutting Rarity off as a stream of profanity came from outside the cable car.

“Ah’m guessin’ that’s one brake down,” Applejack said as she tried to hold onto her seat while the car slowly wobbled back and forth. “But, if the car’s movin’ that much after just the first brake, then what the hay is it gonna be like once the other one’s –” Several dull, metallic bangs followed immediately by a triumphant yell later and Applejack had the answer to her question. The entire car shuddered as it proceeded to roll down the cables, slowly but steadily picking up speed as it followed gravity’s pull. “Hey!” Applejack yelled as she leaned out the cable car window. “Y’all better climb back down here while y’ still can, otherwise y’ll be ridin’ the top of the car all the way down to the bottom.”

“Don’t you think I realize that, you miserable simpleton? Now get out of my way!” Chrysalis snapped as she started to climb bank over the edge of the car. Just then, however, there was an audible metallic whine as the middle set of cables finally gave way, causing the entire car to swing down until it was perpendicular to the ground as it continued to roll down the last set of cables. Chrysalis let out an earsplitting scream of terror as she lost her grip on the car, and it was only the quick reflexes of Applejack that saved her from plummeting to her end.

“Hang on, Ah gotcha,” Applejack said as she hung halfway out the window, gripping Chrysalis’ arm with both hands. “Now stop strugglin’ so Ah can pull y’ back in!”

“Yes! Do that! Pull me in pull me in pull me in!” Chrysalis screeched as she clung desperately to Applejack. Chrysalis’ panicked struggling, however, didn’t make things any easier for Applejack, nor did the fact that the cable car was now rapidly picking up speed. Applejack tried bracing her feet against the interior wall of the car to gain some additional leverage, but as the car continued to sway back and forth, she felt herself starting to slip.

“Applejack!” Rarity cried out as she lunged for her friend, wrapping her arms around Applejack’s midsection. “Don’t worry, I’ve got – oof!” As the cable car continued to swing, both Applejack and Rarity lost their footing, leaving Chrysalis dangling outside the car, Rarity hanging off Applejack inside and Applejack herself caught in the middle halfway out the window.

“Dang it,” Applejack wheezed, the weight of the other two pulling her midsection down onto the window’s edge. “Everybody hold on, Ah’m gonna try somethin’!”

“Hold on? Is that supposed to be some kind of – wait, what do you think you’re doing?” Ignoring Chrysalis’ protests, Applejack proceeded to swing the changeling queen into the air away from the cable car as she shifted herself to plant both feet against the inside of the cable car’s wall. Grunting with exertion, Applejack pushed back against the wall with all her might, yanking Chrysalis into the car. Despite Chrysalis colliding with the window frame on the way in, the maneuver was a complete success, though Chrysalis herself seemed less than impressed. “Miserable fool, that could have killed me.”

“Yeah, yer welcome,” Applejack grumbled. There was little time for Applejack to bicker with Chrysalis over the latter’s lack of gratitude, as the hanging end of the cable car finally collided with the ground, bringing its descent to an abrupt halt. The force of the impact sent the car’s occupants flying about the interior, crashing from one side of the aisle to the other. Even worse, moments after the cable car finally came to a rest the last cable holding it up was cut, leaving the cable car to topple over and fall to the ground.

“Well, Applejack,” Rarity began amid a chorus of injured groans coming from the other passengers. “I will admit, your plan was indeed an improvement over plummeting to our deaths. Not a tremendous improvement, mind you, but an improvement, nonetheless.”

“Well, like Rainbow Dash is always sayin’, any landin’ y’all can walk away from is a good one,” Applejack countered. “That said, is everybody alright?” Applejack’s question was met by a chorus of groans, but mercifully it seemed as though no one had suffered anything worse than a few bruises. By the time Applejack was able to ascertain this, however, another bit of news became apparent that quickly soured any relief she may have felt.

“How in Equestria did Chrysalis manage to get away without anyone noticing?” Rarity demanded. “She was literally right there just a few moments ago!”

“But neither of us were watchin’ her, and Ah reckon that one’s got a real knack fer sneakin’ off when things start to look rough fer her,” Applejack replied. “Even so, Ah’d be willin’ to be bet she’ll be goin’ after Sombra before she tries anythin’ else with us again. If Ah were her, Ah’d be mighty sore with him over that business with the cables.”

“That’s probably true, Chrysalis certainly has never struck me as the forgiving type even under the best of circumstances. But, where does that leave us, then?” Rarity asked.

“Well, Ah don’t see much point in just standin’ around here jawin’. Ah figure we’re probably pretty close to that Ferrum Village place the cable car was supposed to be takin’ us to, so we should probably head there fer starters. After that, we can start headin’ down towards Aquarius City like we planned.”

*********

Later that evening, a fuming Chrysalis wandered through the underbrush as she tried to put as much distance between the site of the cable car’s crash and herself as possible. “That miserable, treacherous scum, how dare he try and kill me like that! When I tell Grogar about this–”

“What makes you think for a moment that Grogar would actually care? Or rather, that Grogar would care more about that than the fact that you helped Twilight’s friends survive my plan?” Snarling in rage, Chrysalis spun around to see Sombra emerge from the shadows, followed by a sheepish-looking Bray.

“You traitor! How day you show you face to me after what you attempted?” Chrysalis shrieked.

“First of all, I can’t have betrayed you because I’ve never been on your side to begin with. Secondly, I wasn’t trying to kill you, I was trying to kill Twilight’s idiot friends. You were merely part of an acceptable level of collateral damage. And besides, can you honestly say that you wouldn’t have done exactly the same thing to me had the opportunity presented itself?” Chrysalis said nothing at first, merely glaring angrily at Sombra for a full minute before she finally replied.

“The stupid crystals you insisted we steal didn’t work. When I tried to us it nothing happened.”

“I see. I suspected something like that might happen, but I had no way to be sure without a proper test,” Sombra said thoughtfully, further enraging Chrysalis.

“You expected that to happen? If these crystals are useless, then why did you insist we waste time stealing them?” Chrysalis demanded.

“I didn’t say I thought they’d be useless, I said I expected there would be more to wielding the gems than pointing at our enemies and yelling ‘attack’ like an imbecile. Now that we have the crystals, our next step will be devising a way to fully unlock their power,” Sombra explained.

“And the reason you didn’t tell me any of this before you tricked me into attacking those two on my own is…?” Chrysalis growled.

“As I’ve already said, before now I had no way of knowing if there were any secrets to using the crystals or not. Also, if you’ll recall, I originally offered to handle the attack myself, but you insisted on going,” Sombra added smugly. “Now come, we’ll need to keep moving if we’re to keep track of those two pests. Unless, of course, you’d like to try taking your grievances up with Grogar and see what he thinks about the situation?”

Despite staring daggers at Sombra, Chrysalis remained silent. “My first priority is still dealing with Twilight Sparkle and her meddlesome friends,” Chrysalis thought to herself “But once that’s done, Sombra, you and I are going to have a reckoning.”

PreviousChapters Next