• Published 12th Aug 2017
  • 4,788 Views, 211 Comments

My Little Pokemon - Alabenson



After a magical accident Twilight and her friends, along with numerous other ponies, find themselves trapped in the world of Pokemon.

  • ...
10
 211
 4,788

PreviousChapters Next
One Angry Orchard

“So, Ah was just thinkin’, what the hay do y’all suppose Georgette meant when she said the fellas at this institute place are a little strange?” Applejack asked.


“I haven’t the foggiest,” Rarity replied curtly. “To be honest, though, I’d personally take whatever assessment she made of them with more than a few grains of salt. ‘Talented amateur’ indeed. Hmph!”

“Y’all are still sore about that one, huh?” Applejack said.

“Of course I am. I mean, how would you feel if someone were to tell you that you were a ‘pretty good farmer for an amateur’?” Rarity asked.

Applejack merely shrugged. “Depends on who said it, Ah suppose. Ah can’t really expect anybody here to know that Sweet Apple Acres grows the best durn apples in Equestria, after all. And Ah ain’t gonna pretend Ah know everythin’ there is to know about farmin’ every type of crop there is. So, if somebody who’s been farmin’ their whole lives told me that, Ah guess it wouldn’t bother me none. ‘Course, if Ah heard that from a Trenderhoof-type, then that might be a different bushel of apples altogether.”

“Ugh, please don’t remind me of that colt. Looking back on it I simply cannot believe I was ever so infatuated with him,” Rarity said.

“As strange as it feels fer me to be the one sayin’ this, Ah didn’t think he was that bad,” Applejack said. “Ah mean, he sure as hay weren’t mah type, and he was annoyin’ as a horsefly until he finally got the message that Ah wasn’t interested, but he didn’t strike me as a bad sort.”

“I’ll admit that Trenderhoof wasn’t, as you put it, ‘a bad sort’, but when I think about it now I realize that he was deep as a mud puddle,” Rarity replied. “I suppose what irritates me about the whole sordid affair isn’t so much Trenderhoof as what it all says about me that I, well…”

“Made such a durn fool of yourself?” Applejack offered, causing Rarity to wince.

“Yes. That,” Rarity replied tersely.

“Well, anyway, gettin’ back to what we were talkin’ ‘bout earlier,” Applejack said, sensing a good time to change the subject. “Ah don’t really reckon the issues likely to come up ‘round these parts anyway. Everybody here seems too concerned with Pokémon too be all that much bothered by farmin’.”

“Are you sure about that, darling?” Rarity said as she rounded a bend on the path. Confused, Applejack rushed over to where Rarity was standing to see that the path was leading down to a sizeable plateau covered in neat rows of trees.

“Well, Ah’ll be a parasprite’s uncle, they’ve got a whole dang orchard on the side of the mountain!” Applejack exclaimed, while Rarity smiled as she noticed the sparkle in her friend’s eyes.
“You know, if you’d like, I don’t see any real harm in resting here for a little while,” Rarity said.

“Y’all sure about that? We still need to get to this institute place before we before we even have a hope of catchin’ up to Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. Ah’m not so sure stoppin’ is such a good idea.” Even as Applejack spoke, however, Rarity could see her friend eyeing the orchard longingly.

“A brief rest isn’t going to cause any problems,” Rarity countered. “And besides, this would be an excellent opportunity for us to let our Pokémon out and enjoy the fresh air.”

“Well, if y’all are sure it won’t be a problem…last one to the tress is a moldy apple core!” Laughing happily, the two friends dashed down the path towards the orchard until they reached the edge of the trees. “Alright, then, Grotle, Aron, why don’t the two of y’all come on out!” Applejack’s Pokémon leapt out of their Poké Balls, where they were soon joined by Rarity’s Prinplup, Golett, and Smoochum. “Y’all ain’t bringin’ yer Tauros out too?” Applejack asked.

“I think it may be best if Tauros stayed inside its ball for the time being,” Rarity replied. “Don’t get me wrong, it is an absolute dear when it wants to be, but it can be a bit, how should I put this, rambunctious at times. Much like your Spiritomb, who doesn’t appear to be joining us either.”

“Rambunctious ain’t exactly the word Ah’d use to describe that varmint. Y’all heard what Spectra said about the durn thing, and considerin’ how it was actin’, Ah’m inclined to believe her.” Applejack paused and glanced down at Spiritomb’s Poké Ball before continuing. “‘Course, Ah don’t know if it deserved to be locked up in some rock fer a hundred years, either.”

Rarity started to ask how Applejack planned to handle her delinquent Ghost-type, but before the words could leave her mouth a series of angry shouts could be heard coming from deeper inside the orchard. “What in Equestria was that?”

“Ah dunno, but it sounds like trouble,” Applejack replied. “We should probably go check it out and at least make sure nobody’s hurt of nothin’.” Rarity nodded in agreement as the pair and their Pokémon quickly made their way towards the source of the disturbance. As they approached the sounds of angry shouting were accompanied by the sounds of something large crashing through the underbrush. Undaunted, Applejack and Rarity pressed on until finally Applejack pushed a tree branch out of the way to reveal a brown and green, vaguely reptilian head staring back at her.

“What is it, Tropius? Did you find the blasted pest?” Peering to one side, Applejack saw that the head she had uncovered was attached to a long next which connected to a squat, almost elephant-like body seemingly wrapped in broad leaves. Standing next to the creature was an elderly man with a sour expression on his face. “Hold on, who are you lot? More importantly, did you see a Heracross run by here?”

“A Hera-what now?” Applejack asked before taking out her Pokédex.

Heracross, the Single Horn Pokémon. This immensely powerful Pokémon is able to easily lift and throw objects over one hundred times its own weight with its horn. Thankfully, Heracross are usually docile and primarily subsist on tree sap and nectar.

“What that little doohickey of yours is leaving out is that those things are perfectly happy eating berries right off the tree, and the miserable gluttons are insatiable! I’ve had one of them terrorizing my orchard for the last week now, and if things keep going the way they have been I’m barely going to have any crop left!”

“That’s awful!” Applejack exclaimed. “Mister, if there’s any way mah friend or Ah could help y’all then just say the word.” Applejack turned somewhat sheepishly to Rarity. “Sorry, Rarity, but Ah just can’t sit around and not do anythin’ while another farmer’s orchard is getting’ ransacked by some thievin’ varmint.”

“There’s no need to apologize, darling, I completely understand. If this were a fashion disaster instead of a farming emergency then I’d likely respond in the exact same way,” Rarity assured her.

“Another farmer? So you’re a farmgirl yourself, I take it?” the old man asked.

“Ah sure as sugar are. Back home me and mah family grow the best durn apples y’all ever tasted,” Applejack declared with no small amount of pride as she held out her hand. “Mah name’s Applejack, and this here’s mah friend Rarity.”

“Frank,” the man introduced himself as he shook Applejack’s hand. “And I’ll take all the help I can get at this point. Just to let you know, though, you tow aren’t the first bunch to offer to help with this. A few other folks came by yesterday, and they said pretty much the same thing you did about chasing off the rotten pest.” Frank shrugged his shoulders. “Personally, the way I see it the more help I can get the better.”

“Another group, huh?” Applejack said, sharing an uneasy glance with Rarity. “Ah don’t suppose y’all could tell us what these folks looked like.”

“Welp, there were three of them,” Frank began. “The first two, a big quiet fella and a girl who looked like she just took a big bite out of a lemon, they seemed dependable enough. That third one though, he looked like he’d be about as useful as a Magikarp. Real gangly city-type. They’re all probably out deeper in the orchard if you want to meet up with them,” Frank added.

“Thanks, but Ah think fer now we’ll focus on takin’ are of yer giant bug problem,” Applejacck said as she motioned for Rarity to follow her into the orchard. The pair and their Pokémon quickly pushed into the orchard, leaving Frank and his Tropius to continue their hunt.

“Applejack, don’t tell me you were worried that this other group were Sombra and Chrysalis?” Rarity asked once it appeared they were out of earshot.

“Ah ain’t gonna lie, the thought did cross mah mind fer a bit when that Frank fella mentioned ‘em. Granted, Ah can’t imagine either of those two offerin’ to help anybody, leastways not unless there were somethin’ in it fer them somehow. But, Ah wouldn’t of thought we’d have run into the two of them here in the first place, either.”

“Fair enough, and given the severity of the situation I suppose a touch of paranoia is in order,” Rarity replied. “In any event, how exactly do you propose we locate this Heracross?”

“Its pretty simple actually. The way Ah figure it, if the problem with this Heracross critter is that its takin’ all the crops in the orchard. So, to find it all we gotta do is find the parts of the orchard that still have fruit on the branches, and that’s where we’ll find it too.”

*********

“Y’ know, Ah’m startin’ to get the idea that Ah may have underestimated how much orchard that Heracross has to hide in,” Applejack said after she and Rarity had spent the better part of the hour wandering better part of the hour wandering through the orchard. “The way Frank was talkin’ it sounded like there weren’t hardly any berries left, but it looks like most of the orchard hasn’t been touched yet.”

“Perhaps we should try tracking down the other group that Frank mentioned,” Rarity suggested. “I have to imagine it would be easier to find the renegade Pokémon if there were more of us working together.”

“That’s not a bad idea, except fer one small problem,” Applejack replied. “We don’t have any idea where the other trainers are, so tryin’ to meet up with them would just leave us lookin’ fer two needles in a haystack instead of just one.” Rarity started to nod her head and concede Applejack’s point when she felt something tugging on her dress.

“What in Equestria…” Rarity muttered as she looked down to see her Golett standing at her feet and pointing into the orchard.

“Looks like yer Golett’s found somethin’ it thinks we should check out,” Applejack said, prompting Golett to nod its head. “Well, that’s the closest thing we’ve had to an idea where we should look so far, so Ah say we listen to the little guy.”

“Agreed,” Rarity said firmly as she patted her Golett on the head. The pair quickly turned to head in the direction Golett had pointed them in and soon could make out voices coming from the direction they were headed.

“Are you planning on actually doing anything useful today, or are you just going to lie there and do nothing? Again?” a harsh female voice snapped angrily.

“Relax, I am doing something useful. I’m watching our camp while the two of your look for the ting,” a considerably more laconic male voice replied. “Gotta watch the campfire so it doesn’t spread, you know? Fire safety and all that stuff.”

“Eeyup.”

“Oh come on, don’t tell me you’re actually siding with him on this?”

By this point, Applejack had heard enough. While the first two voices may have sounded familiar enough, Applejack would have recognized the third’s ‘Eeyup’ anywhere. Breaking away from Rarity, Applejack charged through the underbrush until she reached a clearing where a trio of individuals had set up camp. “Big Macintosh! Is that you?”

“Applejack?” on the three, a massive, sandy-haired young man replied before his face lit up in pure joy.

“Hah! Ah knew y’all’d be wanderin’ around this place somewhere ever since I ran into Maud!” Applejack said as she glanced over at the other two in the clearing. “So, y’all are travelin’ around with…I’m guessin’ Limestone Pie and…” Applejack wrinkled her nose at the sight of the third member of her brother’s group. “Is that Zephyr Breeze?”

“The one and only,” Zephyr Breeze said as he lounged about on the ground near the campfire.

“He’s been following us around since we got here,” Limestone said as she glared at her companion. “Personally, I’d love to get rid of him, but Big Mac feels sorry for him for some reason.”

“Hey, come on, that’s a little harsh, isn’t it?” Zephyr Breeze protested. “Its not my fault manestyling college didn’t have courses on roughing it. Or dealing with crazy-powered animals, for that matter.”

Limestone rolled her eyes, but choose to drop the subject. “Anyway, we’ve been trying to track down our sisters, but we haven’t had much luck. Then we ran into this place and heard the sob story the guy running this place has about some bug raiding his orchard and Big Mac insisted we stop and help him.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac said before giving Limestone a knowing look, prompting her to let out an annoyed sigh.

“Alright, fine. And I wasn’t going to hang him out to dry, either. I guess we both understand what it’s like to see your farm get mauled by some pest.” Limestone said before letting out a snort of irritation. “Of course, the only problem is we haven’t been able to so much as catch sight of the stupid thing since we got here. We’ve been trying to keep an eye on the places it hasn’t stripped of fruit, but this place is so big the thing can just avoid us.”

“Huh, we were plannin’ on doin’ pretty much this same thing ourselves, least until we realized how big this place is ourselves,” Applejack said.

“Hang on, what do you mean by ‘we’?” Limestone asked.

“She means me, darling,” Rarity said as she stumbled into the clearing next to Applejack.

“Wait, you’re another one of Pinkie Pie’s friends, aren’t you? The dressmaker or something, right?” Limestone asked as she started to grow excited. “So, if you’re both here, does that mean you know where Pinkie Pie is, too?”

“Sort of,” Applejack admitted. “Last we heard, Pinkie and Fluttershy we’re travelin’ together headed to a place called Aquarius City. We’re hopin’ to catch up to them by takin’ a cable car down the mountain, that’s where we were headed when we passed by this place.” Limestone settled back down at this.

“Well, at least it sounds like Pinkie Pie isn’t alone or anything. And hay, we know where your sister is too, not that you care or anything,” Limestone added as she glared down at Zephyr Breeze.

“Hey, I care. I just trust my big sis to take care of herself, especially with her whole ‘talking to animals’ thing,” Zephyr Breeze replied, earning a disgusted grunt from Limestone.

“In all fairness to Zephyr, I do have to agree that if anypony is well suited to handling this world it would be Fluttershy,” Rarity said. “Perhaps she wouldn’t be especially enthused with the concept of battling, but I imagine she’d do quite well with Pokémon in general. And, to be honest, I have to think Pinkie Pie will be able to handle herself quite well as well.”

“Yeah, you’re probably right,” Limestone grudgingly admitted. “Doesn’t mean I’m gonna stop worrying about her, though. I mean, she’s my little sister. Heck, if I didn’t have the rock farm to take care of I might’ve moved to Ponyville when she did to keep an eye on her.”

“I completely understand how you feel, darling. After all, there’s a fair chance my younger sister Sweetie Belle is out there somewhere as well, and while she’ll probably be fine…” Rarity let her voice trail off as Limestone nodded sagely. The discussion of sibling worries found itself abruptly tabled, however, as a large, navy blue, beetle-like Pokémon buzzed through the air overhead.

“There it is! The Hera-thingy that’s been causin’ all the trouble!” Applejack yelled as the Heracross quickly flew off into the orchard. “Dang it, we gotta get after it before it up and vanishes again!”

“Eeyup!” Big McIntosh agreed.

“Alright, Big Mac and me will chase after it that way. Limestone, y’all and Rarity should try and swing around and cut off its escape,” Applejack said, to which Limestone nodded her head.

“That sounds like a plan, and I’ll stay back here in case it comes back this way,” Zephyr Breeze offered from his seat on the ground. Limestone, however, had other plans as she grabbed the back of Zephyr’s shirt and roughly hoisted him to his feet.

“Oh no you don’t,” Limestone snarled. “You’re going to help us catch that thing even if I have to cover you in berries and use you as bait.”

*********

“So, that’s how a rock farm works,” Rarity said as Limestone finished providing a detailed explanation of the ins and outs of geoculture. “Honestly, I never was entirely clear on the subject before, and Pinkie Pie’s explanations—”

“Probably made about as much sense as just about anything else she says,” Limestone said. “I love my sister and everything, but she’s always pretty much been in her own world. Actually, Maud’s kind of like that too, now that I think about it. That’s probably part of why they’ve always gotten along so – WILL YOU HURRY UP?”

“I’m coming, I’m coming,” Zephyr Breeze said as he hurried behind the two girls. “You’ve really got to learn to relax. All this anger and stress are just terrible in your mane, not to mention all the sweat from running around.”

Luckily for Zephyr Breeze, before Limestone could respond, Rarity pointed up at a nearby tree. “Look up there in that tree!” Limestone and Zephyr both looked up to see the rogue Heracross sitting in the branches of a nearby tree cheerfully gobbling down every berry within reach. “Well, at least we can confirm that this Heracross is every bit the problem that Mister Frank indicated. So, what now?”

“That’s easy,” Limestone said with a vicious glint in her eyes as she pulled out a Poké Ball. “We’re gonna thrash that thing until it knows not ot steal from someone else’s farm. Go Graveler!” Limestone proceeded to toss her Poké Ball into the air, unleashing what at first looked to be a bumpy, roughly spherical brown boulder. Then, the creature stood up, revealing itself to possess two pairs of arms and a stumpy pair of legs. “Alright, Graveler, get over there and shake that bug out of that tree. You two get ready to go after the bug once it falls out of there.”

“Very well. Golett?” Rarity said as she glanced down towards her Pokémon, who saluted back to signal back its readiness.

“Ehhh, I’m really more of a lover than a fighter, but you two ladies look like you’ve got this so I’m just gonna stay back here,” Zephyr said, prompting Limestone to turn and give him a glare so furious Rarity was surprised it didn’t cause him to spontaneously burst into flame. “Okay, I got it, there’s no need to get so angry. Alright, Slowpoke, you’ve got this. Time to make with the fighty-fighty.” Whatever expectations Rarity might have held up until that point for how useful Zephyr Breeze was going to be quickly evaporated as she looked down at the pink, sloth-like creature sprawled out on the ground.

“Actually, thinking about it, I don’t know why I expected anything different,” Rarity muttered to herself as she watched Limestone’s Graveler stomp up to the tree the Heracross was sitting in. Once it reached the base, Graveler grasped the trunk with all four of its arms and began to violently shake the tree. The Heracross seemed more irritated than frightened by this, however, and simply hopped out of the tree and bounced off Graveler’s head before attempt to dash off. “Oh no you don’t,” Rarity declared. “Golett, use –” Whatever attack Rarity was about to call out became a moot point as Heracross made a sharp turn away from Golett towards Zephyr’s Slowpoke. As everyone watched, the Heracross flew right over Slowpoke’s head as the dopey Pokémon continued to stare blankly off into space.

“Oh come on!” Limestone yelled as she watched the Heracross rush off. “Darn it, that thing was headed right at your Pokémon and it didn’t even—”

“Sloooow,” Slowpoke intoned as it ponderously turned towards the fleeing Heracross. This was followed by several seconds of awkward silence as Limestone murderously glared at both the Pokémon and its trainer.

“Perhaps we should focus on chasing after that Heracross before it gets too far away,” Rarity, hoping to head off a potential argument. Or a homicide. Much to her relief, Limestone let out a sigh of resignation at this suggestion.

“Fine, I guess you have a point. Let’s just hope we can find that thing again before it manages to disappear again,” Limestone grumbled.

*********

“So, Ah’m guessin’ y’all haven’t caught sight of Apple Bloom yet?” Applejack said as she and Big Mac crept through the orchard.

“Ennope.”

“That’s about what Ah thought, but Ah figured it was worth askin’ anyway,” Applejack said. “Ah know Apple Bloom’s old enough to take care of herself, heck more than a few of the trainers Ah’ve run into so far have been her age or younger. But Ah’d still feel a whole heap of a lot better if Ah knew where the hay she was.”

“Eeyup.”

“‘Course, now that Ah really think about it, the one Ah should probably be frettin’ about might be Granny Smith. Ah can’t imagine Granny’s got much use for all this trainin’ or battlin’ or Pokémonin’,” Applejack mused.

“Ennope. Granny’s doin’ just fine,” Big Mac said, much to Applejack’s surprise. “She’s back at the city we all arrived at, along with Marble Pie and Pinkie’s parents.”

“Really? Well, that’s sure as hay one hay of a relief,” Applejack said. “Granny’s never been much of a city pony, but she’ll be happier there than she would be trompin’ around the island like we’re doin’.” Big Mac simply nodded his head in response, knowing from his experience as a chaperone for the Golden Horseshoe Gals how well adapted to cities Granny Smith actually was.

Just then, the sounds of rustling through the branches of the trees caught the sibling’s attention before the rogue Heracross dropped out from the canopy and landed in front of them. Big Mac was the first to react, quickly tossing out a Poké Ball to reveal a slender, green, bipedal Pokémon with stubby, leaf-like arms. “Servine, use Wrap!” Big Mac’s Servine responded by launching a pair a green vines out from the base of its neck which wrapped themselves around the Heracross’ midsection before it had a chance to react.

“Nice work, Big Mac, that varmint ain’t goin’ anywhere now. Alright then, time to make sure this pest knows not to treat someone’s farm like a buffet. Go Aron! Hit that thing with yer Iron Head attack.” As Heracross desperately tried to fly off, Aron promptly charged forward, the top of its head glowing bright, before it leapt into the air and slammed itself headfirst into Heracross’ abdomen. The powerful blow was enough to knock Heracross out of the air and send it crashing to the ground where it unsteadily pulled itself back to its feet and glowered angrily at Aron. “Whoa nelly, that thing did not loke that one bit. Okay, Aron, better use Protect before it gets a chance to wallop y’all back.” Aron swiftly surrounded itself with a shimmering, green ball of energy, just in time to intercept a rapid series of blows from Heracross’ forelimbs.

“Servine, Leech Seed,” Big Mac commanded as he watched the Heracross’ futile assault, which Servine responded to by firing several seeds from its mouth into Heracross’ unprotected back. This new attack prompted Heracross to momentarily turn its attention towards Servine, even as the seeds on its back erupted into vines that quickly wrapped themselves around it. Big Mac, meanwhile, was apparently already prepared for this as he called out his Pokémon’s next attack. “Leaf Tornado!” Servine immediately launched itself into the air, flipping itself around as it did so, so that its tail was pointed to the sky. Once Servine reached the apex of its leap, it began rapidly spinning its tail in circles, creating a whirlwind of swirling leaves and green energy behind it. Then, Servine somersaulted forward mid-air and snapped its tail towards Heracross, sending the green tornado slamming into the voracious Pokémon. While the Heracross managed to remain on its feet in the wake of this attack, it was too exhausted to try and dodge the Poké Ball that clocked it in the back of its head immediately afterwards.

“Gotcha, y’ little troublemaker,” Applejack said triumphantly as the Heracross was pulled into the Poké Ball. “Maybe doin’ some honest work will teach y’all not to go raidin’ someone else’s orchard.” As the Poké Ball containing Heracross continued to thrash about on the ground Applejack looked back at her brother. “The way Ah figured it, if all we do is chase the durn thing off, then there ain’t nothin’ stoppin’ it from comin’ back as soon as we move on. On the other hand, if Ah can catch the thing, then Ah’ll be able to keep an eye on it and make sure it stays out of trouble.” Applejack’s explanation was punctuated by a chime as her Poké Ball came to a rest.

For his part, Big Mac simply sighed as he recalled his Servine, having learned how futile it was to argue with Applejack about nearly everything. This, however, did not prevent him from giving Applejack a look she readily recognized as meaning ‘Alright, but I really hope you know what you’re doing.”

“Come on, with all that commotion this must be the way it went!” the sound of Rarity’s voice caused both Apple siblings to turn as moments later Rarity burst into view. “Applejack, Big Mac. I’m guessing by all the noise that the two of you encountered our fugitive?”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac nodded as he gestured towards the Poké Ball lying on the ground.

“We whupped the durn thing and Ah caught it so it ain’t gonna come back and cause any more trouble,” Applejack confirmed as she walked over and collected her Poké Ball.

“Good!” Limestone said as she emerged from the trees behind Rarity, dragging a miserable-looking Zephyr Breeze by his collar along with her. “So, does that mean we’re finally done here?”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac confirmed.

“It’s about time. Alright then, I say we get our stuff packed up so we can start heading back down the mountain,” Limestone said.

“So, are y’all plannin’ on comin’ with us to take the cable car down the mountain?” Applejack asked, to which Limestone and Big Mac shook their heads.

“Nah, I think we’re gonna keep heading back south for now. We’ll be able to cover more ground with more groups out searching. We should probably trade phone numbers, though, in case one of us finds something,” Limestone added.

“Our what-numbers now?” Applejack asked in utter confusion.

“Hang on, you’ve been here all this time and you haven’t even figured that out yet?” Limestone asked incredulously. “Here, give me your Pokédex for a second.” Applejack obligingly handed her Pokédex over to Limestone, who proceeded to quickly tap several buttons on the device. Moments later, a ringing sound could be heard coming from one of Big Mac’s pockets, the source of which was soon revealed to be his own Pokédex. “You see, each of these Pokédexes has a number, and when you type in that number you can talk to the person who has it. Marble figured it out and I’ve been using it to keep her up to date on what’s been going on. I’ve got your number now, and now you have Big Mac’s, so you’ll be able to get us as well.”

“Well, how about that?” Applejack sad as Limestone handed her back her Pokédex. “Ah gotta say, it’ll be nice to be able to keep in touch. Though, just one thing. Y’all said the three of y’ were headed south, right? As in, back the way we came?”

“Eeyup.”

“If that’s the case, then y’all should be extra careful. It turns out regular ponyfolk weren’t the only ones dragged into this whole mess. Rarity and Ah had a nasty run in with Queen Chrysalis and King Sombra” Applejack said, prompting Limestone, Big McIntosh and Zephyr Breeze to all stare at her in shock and horror.

“Hold on, weren’t those two of the villains that you and the rest of my sister’s friends beat?” Zephyr Breeze asked in complete confusion. “What the hay would they be doing here?”

“Aside from trying to exact their revenge on Applejack and myself, we haven’t the faintest,” Rarity replied. “The only good bit of news is that whatever sent them here also took away their powers, so for the moment they’re no more dangerous than any other pair of humans would be.”

“And besides that, Ah got the impression that the two of them were too focused on us and the rest of Twilight’s friends to be lookin’ to cause trouble fer any other folk,” Applejack added. “Still, it wouldn’t hurt fer y’all to keep an eye out fer them.”

“You couldn’t have mentioned this earlier?” Limestone demanded. “What’s gonna happen if those lunatics find Pinkie Pie before we do?”

“That’s why we need to do everythin’ we can to find her first. Though, to be honest, Ah wouldn’t underestimate Pinkie Pie either. Ah may not understand what the hay’s goin’ on in her mind most of the time, but Ah do know that when the chips are down Pinkie can take care of herself.”

“And besides that, Pinkie and Fluttershy both doubtlessly have Pokémon of their own, so they’re hardly defenseless,” Rarity added. “I’m certain that as long as the two of them are reasonably careful they should be able to avoid any serious trouble.”

PreviousChapters Next