• Published 25th Jul 2017
  • 1,862 Views, 19 Comments

Hey Rainbow... - Majorminor



When Rainbow Dash preens her sister, new bonds are made between them as Rainbow learns more about her now-not-so-innocent little sis, and Scoots finds out about the birds and the bees... And more importantly, "What's a-" (Sorry no spoilers!)

  • ...
5
 19
 1,862

4. I know that face, I trust you.

Author's Note:

FIRST OFF: the beginning sounds quite MIDLEAD, please continue reading it further before questioning what I turned this story into. And I’m sorry, but this ISN’T foalcon or ScootaDash... Not that I’m against it or anything, that’s just not this story. Hope you understand! (For those wacko people like me out there) :derpytongue2:

Also, I'm sorry for the delays and problems, but I spent ages trying to get back my 2 deleted chapters, but could only get one! :fluttercry: :facehoof: Already rewritten chapter 3 and checked/really improved/lengthened all the chapters including this one! :scootangel:

Also, sequel story is coming asap as well as other stories so follow me to receive updates on activity! Also don't forget to like if ya did and comment! Thx and c ya'll ltr!:derpytongue2:

"I promise this'll feel really nice Scoots!" Rainbow smiled to her little sister. Scootaloo saw her do this and the smile she gave was not one of her usual, smug smirks, but the other side to Rainbow Dash. The side that was so often covered up by her pride, that it seemed impossible she could even act this way if you didn't know her. At first glance, she seems like just an irresponsible mare with an ego larger than Applejack's barn... But if you got to know her, you'd know that this is so very not true... Okay, well, there’s more to it than just that at least.

"O-o-okay... I know that face and I've learnt to trust it." She grinned nervously at dash, who was gently smiling still.

"Good. Now relax squirt, this'll feel wonderful." Dash said as she used her muzzle to begin realigning Scootaloo's mishandled feathers.

-POOF

"..."

"..."

"What was that?!" Scootaloo jumped at the sound. "My wings! I can't move them!" She strained as she attempted to flap them. As she slowly realised she couldn't, she began hyperventilating. "Rainbow Dash! What do we do!" She begged for help.

"Uhhh... Scoots..." Dash began as she pulled herself together. "Calm down. It's called a-a-a w-wi-"

"WHAT IS HAPPENING!!! Wah my wings are double their size! She gawked at how big they were. They almost were as big as Rainbow's, which we're always slightly bigger than most other pegasii's, "...Jeez they are heavy..." she panted. “I want answers." She glanced at her wings once more before reluctantly pulling her gaze to Rainbow, showing her her attention.

'Gulp. Why do I have to tell her!? Why not... Oh wait... Oh yeah. I'm like the only other pegasus she knows, plus now I'm her adoptive mother... DAMNIT! Buck me... "It-it-it..." 'Damn my weakness with words when I need them!' "It's called a-a-wing-b-boner..." Rainbow's face became flustered red and her speech was very stuttered. Even for her. Scootaloo had obviously never learnt about them before, let alone got one. She also wasn't sure if Scootaloo had learnt about stallion boners or the 'birds and the bees' and, definitely wasn't planning on telling her.

"Oh. Well that wingboner thingy is finally going, so you can go back to whatever it was you were doing."

Rainbow blushed at how casual Scoots had just talked about the subject. "Do you not understand what a wingboner... is?" Dash raised an eyebrow.

"Yes! Course I do!" She responded smuggly.

Rainbow just stared at her blankly.

“Prove it.”

“No.”

“You don’t have a clue what it is, means, does and the causes for one.” Rainbow laughed victoriously (internaly) at Scootaloo’s dumbfounded derp face.

"Okay... Maybe i do, maybe I don't, why does it matter, why do you care?" She knew Rainbow knew. Both the mare and filly alike could read each other like a book... Not that either of them read books...

So more like a comic book. Anyway, that was always a good and bad thing. 50/50.

"...No. Am I meant to know?" She frowned.

'It would be better if I told her...' "Yes... All Pegasii get one when you... have a crush on someone, or you maybe saw something... inappropriate..." Rainbow blushed at the though of what happened to her when hanging out with Fluttershy a while back.


Fluttershy had just finished having her shower and was getting out, when Rainbow walked in, there she saw something that still haunts her to this day... Not because she didn't like eye candy... Funny story actually. Rainbow was, and still kinda is, into mares. (This was normal in Equestria because of the mare to stallion ratio)... But seeing you're joint best friend (along with AJ) wet, naked, and blushing profusely, trying to hide under her flat hair... That's just plain awkward(-ly sexy)... However, even Fluttershy knew RD was into mares... Which probably made it worse.

After a few moments of awkward silence. Rainbow went to the toilet, right then and there, in front of a now Big Mac impersonator Fluttershy, who looked the real thing too... (Bright red and silent). Rainbow just stared at the wall infront blankly. After flushing, still looking at the wall, she said simply, "There are locks on bathroom doors for a reason... Use 'em." And left without another word. Neither RD nor Fluttershy ever spoke of that moment again. 'And man did Shy have some big bangers!'


"They're pretty awkward... For everyone." She cringed.

"WHAT!? So your saying I'm... Horny?" Scoots had heard older ponies use that word before, and was impressed by her own vocabulary sometimes.

Rainbow choked upon hearing this word. Immediately annoyed that her surrogate sister/daughter was only 8 and saying things like that, she... expressed her opinion "OKAY. RULE NO.1 OF THIS HOUSE: NEVER USE THAT WORD, THE C- WORD OR ANY OTHER BAD WORD IN THIS HOUSE. KAPICHE!? AS LONG AS YOU'RE LIVING IN THIS HOUSE, THAT'S FORBIDDEN... IN THIS [b[HOUSE... OR ANYWHERE FOR THAT MATTER, BUT ESPECIALLY NOT IN THIS HOUSE. GOT IT?!" She scowled at Scootaloo. Gesturing to the house. She obviously had no idea what the word meant so Dash let it slide this one time...

"What is the c- word? I don't know what it is, so if you tell me now, I will know what it is and therefore never use it." Scootaloo asked Rainbow Dash.

"And by that, you mean 'tell me so I can tell Applebloom and Sweetie Belle about it. Don'tcha?" Rainbow glared at Scootaloo once more.

"I'll stay quiet now... Hehe..." she smiled nervously back.

"..."

"Wait a minute... You're the only one in the room with me... Oh... Ewww! No way, my brain's thoughts disagree with your explanation." She cringed at the thought of 'like-liking' Rainbow Dash. 'If I was as old as her, than maybe... But not when she's nearly double my age and now my mother.'

"Well, forgetting about everything else, just don't do it again... Any of it, k?" Rainbow muttered as she continued where she left off from.

"Okay." Scootaloo relaxed slightly.

Back to preening, Dash realised how most of Scootaloo's primaries were only misaligned, but almost all of her secondaries were bent/out of place and many were broken... "Awww damn. Your feathers are wack squirt! If only you came to see me sooner. Ya know, this is probably the reason why you can't fly! All these bent feathers with broken stems are probably just weighing you Down a ton!" She muttered.

"SERIOUSLY! Buc-" She felt Rainbow's eyes penetrate her thoughts, fire in her pupils, waiting for Scootaloo to finish that sentence... Scoots caught her tongue just in time. Or it wouldn't be falling over 2000ft that turns her into a pancake... '...After all this time being teased for being groundbound, and at her age, and all she had to do was PREEN!?'

Rainbow loosened her stare... Scoots was right, any longer and she'd... she'd... (Author: Do something but I'm too lazy to use my imagination so as the reader, be creative.) "Yup. Tell ya what, I'll take you out to practice tomorrow? K?"

"Uh-huh." Scootaloo frowned. To be completely fair, that was awesome of Dash for offering since she's normally really busy on weekdays (today was Wednesday) and they didn't usually have training until Saturday."Thanks RD." she sighed. If Rainbow's hypothesis was correct, she just wasted years of her life on a scooter, when she could have been flying freely without anything to crash into except soft fluffy clouds. Unlike that one tree she always forgot was there when scooting along Baker St. Everytime, she crashed and ended up covered in tree sap. Everytime.. The memories still haunt her to this day...


Rainbow's mind:

'Finally, my lil sis might be able to fly with me! I've wanted this almost as much as she has! I could start teaching her loads of neat tricks and maybe even how to do a sonic rainboom! Maybe. I mean, when I pass, along with my friends, since it will happen eventually, somepony will have to bare my element. If Scoots can learn how to do a sonic rainboom... That'll prove she can and will be Loyal like me.' (Author: good fic reference here, I suggest you read it... (very emotional)


Don't thank me squirt, thank yourself for being so careless about your wings." She stated sarcastically.

"Yeah yeah. I know. I'm sorry." She grumbled moodily in return.

"Again, Scoots. Don't apologise to me, apologise to yourself." Rainbow droned.

"Ye but I also wasted so much of your time!" Scoot said depressed.

"I highly doubt that. Think about how strong your wings must be from all that hovering you did these last few years?! And all those excercises we did in training!

"True. I guess. Huh, from all this I just realised how nice and relaxing this feels." Scootaloo said airily whilst Rainbow gently preened her sister.

"Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm practically done." Dash said as she spat out the last remainder of broken orange feathers from her mouth.

"Awwww. And it only just started feeling good because I got distracted talking 'bout these stupid things." Scoots moaned while gesturing to her small wings.

"Relax Scoots! I can keep on going if you really want." Dash said as she scooped her up again in her soft, fluffy, cyan wings, re-wrapping around her gently as she nuzzeled Scoot's wings.

Rainbow never understood before why her mother would spend so much time preening her. Doing all the work, and yet now she felt just as blissful and relaxed as the receiver. Rainbow then imagined herself as her mother, seeing her blaze red wing snugly wrap around a young scruffy, tom-boyish looking Rainbow Dash... So this is why she'd do it, huh. Rainbow reflected. When suddenly a voice snapped her back to reality.

"...Thanks Rainbow. That... would be... nice-"

*YAAAAWWN.

Scootaloo slowly left reality and entered the dreamscape realm once more...

Comments ( 5 )

I see you unpublished chapter 3 and have now jumped straight to chapter 4... so you're just not even going to try for a coherent story then?

8326818
They did say that the chapters were acidently deleted not unpublished so stop the hate

8332789
Thx man :pinkiesmile:

Also, ye. Read the author boxes and maybe you'd find out whysomething happened/is happening. :twilightangry2: :facehoof:

8333843

Ooookaaaay...?

Lol

Login or register to comment