• Published 25th Jul 2017
  • 1,862 Views, 19 Comments

Hey Rainbow... - Majorminor



When Rainbow Dash preens her sister, new bonds are made between them as Rainbow learns more about her now-not-so-innocent little sis, and Scoots finds out about the birds and the bees... And more importantly, "What's a-" (Sorry no spoilers!)

  • ...
5
 19
 1,862

3. No longer a once in a lifetime experience.

Author's Note:

(-Try to work out why I called this that-)

Btw this chapter was rewritten since the original got lost. Idkh, but I've tried my best to redo it and I hope you like it! I already completed chapter 4 so either gonna do a chapter five, then sequel story, or just sequel. Probably just gonna do the sequel next. Stay tuned! :scootangel: :derpytongue2:

"Uggghh. I'm so bored!" Scootaloo groaned as she shifted on the couch.

Rainbow Dash had left to 'go get some groceries'. According to her, they had ran out. Since a few days ago when she confessed her secret, Scootaloo had started just crashing on Dash's couch. She was fine with it. In fact, she was was the one who had suggested it in the first place. Scoots happily agreed seeing as she wasn't surviving in better conditions. The only difference was that the putrid, old couch in the CMC clubhouse could recline. Dash's cloud one couldn't. Not that it really mattered.

Dash did have a spare room from what she knew... but apparently it was 'half crumbling and practically unrepairable'. She had seen it once however, and had to agree. It was uninhabitable. The room was a disastrous mess. The walls were cracked and leaking, the floor had holes that you could seen Ponyville from, and the ceiling was caving in slightly. Seemingly about to collapse. Overall, she was glad she had the sofa.

One time on a freezing cold night, Rainbow even offered, if I wanted, to sleep with her in her bed. Her bed was a double king sized quantum-deluxe easydoze mk3. One of the best beds a Pegasus could dream of. Earth ponies and Unicorns didn't have the luxury that is 'cloud beds'. So they have to deal with hay and straw filled mattresses and rough, thin sheets that you had to occasionally wash.

Scootaloo screamed yes. She enjoyed curling up against her sisters' chest fur and snuggling as Dash draped a protective wing round them both. Dash still refrained from doing anything affectionate in public to uphold her ‘reputation’, but either way, never had Scootaloo felt so happy and content. So warm and fuzzy inside. Like Dash would always be there for her. And she would. Element of loyalty or not. Scoots knew it.

Anyway, as Dash had said. She was 'shopping' (probably updating her friends on what's happened or vice-versa) for 'groceries' (helpful tips on looking after a filly. Not that she needed it). Scootaloo had survived lone-wolf until now. If anything, she was waaaayyy more responsible than most ponies she knew (possibly including Rash herself too), and she knew how to fend for herself... Not that she wanted to.

"I'm kinda hungry-" grumble! "- speak of the devil! So if my hypothesis is correct, the fridge will be full and Rainbow lied.

Unlike Applejack, Rainbow could easily lie. Not that she ever wanted to on purpose, but if she had to. She could. Scootaloo was the only one (apart from AJ) who could no-matter-what, always just see right through it. Including this time. For once, however, she decided not to bring it up and ask Rainbow about it. And judging by Rainbow's knowing face, she was glad she didn't too.

"I doubt Dash'll mind if I borrow a snack... Maybe two for good luck? No... Three times the charm!" She snickered as she raided the silver, cloud treasure chest of its glorious, edible, gold delicacies.


(Start playing duel music in another tab) https://youtu.be/dC6jnHFdqbQ

"Now, t'ere ain't enough room for da two a' us!" Scootaloo spat as she stared down her opponent.

"..."

"DRAW!!!"

"PEW! PEW!" ... "Well... wouldcha look a'dat." As she smirked at the the motionless victim to her destructiveness. "Now 'dat t'ere was a piece a' cake... Literally!" (Pun obviously intended if you're very oblivious and couldn't tell read on she was playing cowboy duelling with a piece of cake (her snack) from the fridge! 🤦‍♂️).


-Roughly an hour later...

"HEY, SQUIRT! I'M BACK! GOT ALL THE JUNK AND WHATNOT!" Rainbow hollered. It echoed through the entire house multiple times until finally dying down.

"WELL, YOU MUST HAVE GOT ANOTHER FRIDGE BECAUSE THE ONE IN HERE IS FULL!" Scootaloo stated from the kitchen, imitating Dash's unnecessarily loud voice.

'Damnit! I knew she knew!' "Hey squirt, can ya do me a favour and stay in the living room and kitchen for me? You don't need to know why so don't bother asking. Not important. I'll tell ya when I'm done. K?". Dash grinned to herself.

"K..." She said before going silent once more."

Dash then silently glided through the air to the spare room and shut the door.

'This is gonna be hard, sure. But for you... It's worth it.'Dash smiled, and immediately got to work.


-Roughly another hour-or-so later.

"Scoots! Close your eyes. We're gonna play Marco-Pony. Heard of it before? Dash said from in the hall. Scootaloo closed her eyes, and surprisingly didn't break anything as she entered the hallway.

"Just a liiitttle bit further... That's it. Now just walk straight."

"You're supposed to say 'Marco'."

"Welp, game over. You're already here." As she nudged Scootaloo inside the room... "Now!" She whispered in her ear and Scoots' eyelids fluttered open.

"Whoah." She gawped as she took in her surroundings. The bed was a crisp white with slight tinges of cyan in stripes. Both the cloud bed and the duvet were brand new, and enormous. Next to that was a purple lamp and side table. The lamp gently spew a dazzling spectrum of colours throughout the dim room. The floor was a beautiful mahogany wood... Glazed, waxed and furnished to perfection. It was the only non-cloud thing in the room... Yet it fit in perfectly. The cloud walls were a soft but still noticible striped rainbow colour, adorned by a stunning orange and purple whisp, flowing about in no particular pattern, yet being a pattern itself. It looked hoofmade and was unique such as you knew nothing like it could be found anywhere in Equestria.

"Oh. I'm sorry Scoots... I thought you'd like it." Rainbow jokingly frowned.

"Well, you were wrong... I LOVE IT!" Scootaloo said. Her jaw now felt like it would soon had come loose from its extreme angle towards the ground.

Something then caught her eye from above... There were millions of posters of famous pony celebrities, V.I.P.'s (Very Important Pony), the Wonderbolts (which Dash must've got signed way back, possibly before she was born since some of them in it were now retired!)... But best of all, right in the centre, was a photo of when She and Rainbow were on that cloud that one cold night, snuggling blissfully. She wasn't sure who took the photo, but who cares!? That was the best thing she could possibly fall asleep seeing every night.

"Thanks Rainbow..." Scootaloo gently spoke into her sisters chest since she had pulled her in for a hug. "You're the best family I could ever wish for." Scootaloo smiled up at her.

"And you're the best lil sis/sorta-daughter-I-never-had that I could ever ask for." Rainbow smiled back. Now trying her hardest not to cry...

She failed.

"Really?" Scootaloo wiped away Rainbow's tears. Her face still wet from her own.

"Yeah Scoots. Really."

Rainbow yawned. All that excessive work in only one hour can run down any pony. No matter how fit or fast.

"Hope ya like the design. It's all custom. Hoofmade by me."

"It's perfect! It reminds me of you and me. Specifically in that order.."

They then snuggled once more as they dosed off into the dream realm on Scootaloo's double king sized quantum-deluxe easydoze mk4 bed.