• Published 21st Jul 2012
  • 604 Views, 3 Comments

Darkness Rises Upon Equestria. - Lass Dawnfire



We thought the Darkness was over. We were wrong. Equestria is the next world it will devour.

  • ...
 3
 604

Darkness Within

Chapter 2: Darkness Within

"Hehehe Enjoying yourself?!"

That voice I heard, it sounded demonic, unnormal, I looked around but no pony was there besides just me and Luna. Where did that voice come from, and more importantly, who did it belong to. Those questions and that voice haunted the deepness of my mind. I must have shown that i was in distress for Luna gently nudged my side, The feeling shocked me some. I was focused on the voice still. I tried to shake the thoughts from my mind, tonight belonged to me and Luna.

"Lass, is something bothering you? You seem on edge all of a sudden.." Her voice, she was concerned, I have never seen Luna be concerned at anything. I just shook my head, of course I cant tell her how I heard a voice somewhere, or how demonic it sounded. She didnt seem to believe me, but i reassured her that I was fine, of course i'm fine, Under the night sky, the air so cool, just gazing up at the stars, I'm at peace again, here with her.

"Remember me....? Heh heh heh.."

That voice again, No i wont allow it to ruin my night. However it was starting to get late so i nuzzled Luna, said my farewells and started to trot home. I looked back to Luna and gave her a quick smile, to show her that I am going to be fine and for her to not worry about me, though I knew it would be a lost cause, she always worries, it's just her personality. She smiled back at me and flew off to Canterlot. I stopped as i watched her soar through the clouds, a smile on my face, remembering all the good times we had when we were young.

"What joyous memories, What about that night where you killed everypony? That is my favorite memory, heh heh...Now REALIZE PAIN ONCE AGAIN!"

Suddenly I felt a major pain in my right eye, it felt like my entire head was encased in some sort of lava, everything burned, I tried to scream for help but no matter how hard I tried no voice would come out, Soon I fell to the ground and as everything faded to black I heard the voice again.

"You're stronger than before, I'll let you be for now."

Within the blackness I saw Luna land by me, then my vision faded as I lost consciousness. What happened next was strange, I was falling down onto a stained glass platform, with three floating objects on pedestals. One looked like a shield, another one looked like a wand, and the last one was a sword. Then a new voice started to talk in my mind.

"Choose wisely, for your choice will be the one to determine your fate. You are the key that will save yourself and this world, So go ahead and choose. Don't be afraid. You hold the most powerful weapon in your heart."

That voice was much calming than before. "I'm the key...to save this world and myself? I don't understand..." I didn't understand what that voice meant, but i decided to follow it's orders anyway, call it curiosity. I proceeded to grab the Sword, and once i held it in my hoof the other objects vanished as a stained class staircase appeared leading to another platform. I proceeded to follow it, once I reached the platform the stairs vanished behind me. I saw darkness forming in the corner, then it started to form a huge dark being with tentacles flowing out from its head, and has a hollow spot in the shape of a heart in its chest. I was shaking. What was this creature and what did this mean? I tried to run but i couldn't feel my legs, i was afraid. The beast then slammed his fist down on me and i was engulfed in Darkness. It was suffocating me, I was dying. Then out of nowhere i saw a blue hoof reaching down to me surrounded by a bright light.

I woke up to Luna and Celestia standing over me, their expressions showed that they were worried. Luna seemed to have noticed me moving and gestured to Celestia as they both rushed over to where I lay. My head was burning, my heart was in pain, and I could not move without pain engulfing my body. Luna rushed to hug me, she must have been so worried about me. Celestia just gave me a slight smile, she seemed to know how i felt about Luna, Tia and I have always been close, we would tell each other anything, and i have told her my feelings for Luna.

"Luna, your hurting me.." My voice was dry and it was painful to even speak one word.
"Oh, sorry Lass.." I gave her a slight smile, telling her that it didn't matter, i was happy to see her again.
"Lass, what happened? Luna was on her way home when she said that she saw you pass out and rushed to your aid."
"I...passed out? For how long?" Was what i went through, with the darkness and everything, a dream or reality?
"You were out for seven days..." I couldn't believe what i heard, seven days of being asleep, not moving in that 'dream'.
I began to sit up, despite the pain in my sides and despite Luna trying to stop me. I Stepped down off the bed I was laying, and began to limp towards the door. I had to return to where it all began, I was going home.
"Lass?! Where are you going?!" Luna was really worried now, and why shouldnt she be? I passed out after telling her i was fine, and was asleep for seven days. I didn't blame her for being worried.

"I'm going back...home."

End of the Second Phase

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment