• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,961 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,961

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 35 - Boast Buster Part Two

As Trixie was set down, She looked like she was thinking hard. She finally scoffs.

"While I will admit your magic is most impressive, you are of a different species. Whereas Trixie the the greatest and most powerful of all ponies. Therefore, you are not allowed to try and show me up. Only other ponies may." She huffs and pushes me off the stage. I groan and facepalm as i go sit back down. I thought i would be able to stop this from happening.

"Yeah. Trixie is the greatest pony that ever lived!" Snips said proudly.

"Yes, is there any pony takers? Anyone? Or is Trixie destined to be the most powerful equine that has ever lived!"

Just then Spike unzippes his mouth and starts to beg with Twilight. "Please! She's unbearable. Lightningman was disqualified, so you just gotta prove her wrong, you just gotta!"

"There's no way I'm gonna use my magic now spike." She whispered. "Especially since..." She was cut off as trixie looked around and pointed at Twilight.

"You. You come up on stage." Twilight gulped and shrunk back.

"Well, how about it? Is there anything that you can do, that the great and powerful trixie cannot?"

"I...I..." Twilight whispered quietly in a tone that i would normally associate with Fluttershy. But it turns out that twilight was mistaken and was pointing to next to her. To applejack.

"Well, little hayseed?"

"That's it. I can't stand any more of this." She walked forward while spike cheered her on. I wince and whisper. "This is not going to be good.

"Whatever do you mean?" Rarity asked.

"just watch." applejack proceeded to do a few great tricks with her lasso. Which ended with the crowd cheering for her.

"Top that, missy." She smiled.

"Oh yee, of little talent." She levitated her hat off of her head. "Watch and be amazed at the magic of Trixie." she proceeded to make the rope act like a snake charmer's snake. Complete with music. I would have been surprised at the music, but honestly, i've seen so much weird (Beep.) In the past week and a half, that nothing surprises me.She then started to charm applejack while tying her up with her own rope. she even stuffed an apple in her mouth. Everyone cheered.

"Seriously?" I ask out loud. "Now, that's just mean." I get up and help applejack off the stage. I untie her and take the apple out of her mouth.

"Thanks lightningman." She tips her hat to me and i nod. I sit back down.

"Once again, that great and powerful trixie prevails."

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash flies up angrily. "There's no need to go strutting around and showing off like that."

"Yeah!" I speak up. I then point at rainbow dash. "That's her pasttime. Soon to be her job." I smile.

"You know it!" She speaks proudly as i then mumble to both applejack and rarity. "Get ready to catch her." Then look surprised as I go to where i think that she approximately lands,.

Rainbow dash flew off at very high speeds and began to twirl the windmill faster. I then think. "when the (Beep.) did ponyville get a windmill?" She flew off through some clouds and in front of the sun, casting a wide shadow on the ponies. She fle back through the holes she made with water following behind her. she flew around the windmill again and flew and stopped on a dime on the stage. the water hit her and made a rainbow above her head.

"they don't call me 'Rainbow' and 'Dash.' for nothing." she bragged and i mentally think. "It's heard to take someone serious about them being a badass with a rainbow above their head."

"the only thing that 'They're' going to be calling you soon enough, is loser." She said as she made the rainbow above Rainbow's head twirl around her and soon enough make her twilrl around. she twilred off the stage and I caught her.

"I think...Urp.. I'm gonna be sick."

"fine, just not on the suit, I don't want to ask rarity for another one." I set her down gently.

"It seems anypony with a dash of good sense. would think twice when tussling with the great trixie." she looked sympathetic at first, but when she saw rainbow was alright she smiled as usual and created a lightningh cloud that tried to strike rainbow, but it redirected itself and struck me. "huh? You weren't my target?" Trixie says confused.

"Oh right." I laugh. "half my body is made of electricity, so i control it. Don't know why it redirected itself towards me just then though withoutmy mental command." I shrug. "Guess I'm basically a magnet for magic infused lightning." Trixie's eyes widened but she shook her head.

"whatever." Everypony began to laugh.

"What we need is another unicorn to challenge her." said spike as he nudged Twilight.

"Yeah, go ahead rarity." i push her gently forward.

"That's not what i meant." Spike said to me.

"that's what twilight was going to make you mean." I say as i point to her frowning at her assistant.

"Hmmph." rarity says. "Applejack and Rainbow Dash may behave like ruffians, as well as lightningman."

"Hey!" I say.

"But a lady and gentlestallions conduct themselves with beauty and grace." She flips hers hair.

"I'm pretty sure there are diffrent words for those two with gentlestallions." I mutter.

"Well still." She says to me.

"ooooh." Trixie mocks. "what the matter, afraid you'll get a hair out of place in that rat's nest you call a mane?"

"Yes." I deadpan. But Rarity doesn't seem to hear as trixie raises her brow.

"Oh. It is on. you may think your tough with all your so called power. But there's more to magic than your bruttish ways."

"I proved this multiple times." I say. "Sam is a living example." but rarity proceeds to take down the curtain and make it into a dress.

"A unicorn is not a unicorn without grace and beauty." she smiles. Trixie smirks as her hron glows.

"This is gonna suck for rarity." I say as I lay back.

"What does she do?" Twilight asks

"It involves her mane." I say s Twilight facehoofs. suddenly a flash of light and everyone gasps. I look and began to try and stifle my laughter. it was even better in real life. I turn to the mare that's entirely green. "Don't take anything that rarity says as an insult towards you. she's a drama queen." She looks confused before nodding.

'Oh, what did she do to my hair. I know she did something to my hair!" Rarity gulps.

'n-nothing." Twilight nervously chuckles

"It's fine." Rainbow

"It's gorgeous." Applejack says.

"It's Green." Both spike and I say as i burst into laughter.

"No. Not green hair." She flees off the stage crying. "It's a horrible horrible colour." The green mare looks surprised and looks at me. I shrug helplessly. She sighs and continues to watch the show.

"Well, twilight. I guess it's up[ to you. Come on, show her what your made of," Spike urges her,

"What do you mean? I'm nothing special."

"Yes you are." I say. "Seriously. I don't make my powers public because i would be cast out as a freak. but your just more powerful than most other unicorns. That's nothing to be shunned about. As long as you don't brag about it too much. your fine." I say. Twilight glares at me a bit.

"I'm not better than anyone." I noticed how she said anyONE not anyPONY.

"Hah! You think your better than the great and powerful trixie?"

"Come on lightningman. you know the future, use the argument that we use to convince her." Spike asks me.

"Oh, you don't convince her." I shake my head.

"What?" He asks.

"Yeah. She uses her magic later tonight, but not to show up trixie." I shrug, but when i look back, Twilight was running away.

"Oh Twilight." Spike sighs

"Once again, Trixie proves herself to be the most magically powerful being in Equestria." I get up and hit on the back of the head. "Um... The most powerful unicorn in equestria. was there ever any doubt?" She turns away and walks back into her wagon.

PreviousChapters Next