• Published 31st May 2017
  • 2,969 Views, 151 Comments

The True Me - lightningman



How will a teenage superhero react when he is dropped into the one place he figured he would have no work to do? and how will he react when he falls in love with someone from that world. Join him in this adventure of love, and confusion

  • ...
41
 151
 2,969

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 29 - Making a body

As Everyone went to my house, Darkning and I began to discuss how his body should be. It shouldn't be very close to mine so that others could differentiate us from each other.

"Now, I'm thinking Black Hair instead of Brown. My eyes would be a mix of white and blue. Not blue eyes like normal, But the irises would be white, and everything else would be blue."

"Hmm... that sounds cool. Let's do it."

With that, I raised the harmonic wand. "Sam?"

"Yeah?"

"We need all of the power you can muster."

"What? That includes...."

"The elements, yes."

"Well.... alright." The wand began to glow. There was a bang from the library as the elements flew towards us and surrounded the wand, it began to charge it. I closed my eyes and began to imagine the body that Darkning and I had thought of creating. It took around a half hour in real time. But for us, it was only 30 seconds. Once finished I lower the wand to see the body staring blankly at the wall. I smile.

"Great. Now, we need to see if we can transfer your consciousness to it." I put the tip of the Harmonic Wand on the body's forehead. "Ok, Darkning, go ahead." I could feel the third personality in my mind flow down from my mind to my arm, through the wand and I could feel pressure coming from the wand as if something was trying to break through. I then could hear a very faint voice.

"Lightningman! It's not opening!"

"Alright, let me try and use some magic, you can float into the body with the magic." I then say "LEGILEMENS!" I feel the pressure be relieved and I'm thrown into the other body's mind. I look around and see Darkning.

"T-this is my body now?" He smiles brightly. "Awesome."

"Yeah. I need to get out of here, I'll see you in the real world?"

"Yeah, as soon as I decorate this place a bit, I need to figure out where everything is. Then I'll get to the body controls."

"Alright. See you soon." I pull out of the mind and back into my own.

"Lightningman? Did it work?" Twilight asked me.

"Yeah, He's just fixing up the mind right now. Decorating, you know, that sort of stuff."

"Your talking of minds as if their homes." She said.

"That's because technically they are. Homes for our consciousness and smarts and all that crap."

"....Yeah, I guess." She nodded. At that moment the other body woke up. It began to stretch and all the bones began to crack and pop.

"..... aaaahhhhhh," Darkning says. "That felt good."

"Can we have the party now?" asked Pinkie Pie.

"Not yet. We need to get him some clothes." I say.

"What do you mean?" They look at him. "He's wearing clothes right now."

"Those are clothes made of magic, they don't have a very long lifespan, so what happens when it ends?" They all blush at this.

"Yeah... we need to get some more clothes for him." Rarity says. She then perks up. "Luckily I was prepared for just such an occasion."

"You were prepared for my evil side to take over, we make up our differences, I make a body for him out of magic, and him needing clothes?"

"No, I.... I meant that I was prepared for you to need clothes. You didn't have that many, and what if those were destroyed?"

"Good point. Let's get those clothes then." Darkning says as he begins to walk towards rarity's.

"Yeah. That way I can get the party started sooner!" Pinkie Pie was vibrating from the energy she was holding in.

"Yeah. Also, could you do some karaoke? I'll be the main singer, Darkning can be backup. You agree to that?" I ask him.

"As long as I can do a song where I'm the main singer." He said.

"Sure." I nod.

"Then let's do it."

"Alright. I'm going to have to get everything started up now to get it prepared by the time you finish." Pinkie said as she ran away to get the party set up. Soon enough we got into Rarity's.

"Alright, Let me grab the costume for you darling." She said as she went into a room. A few seconds later, She came out with a costume that looked identical to mine.

"That looks amazing. But do you think I can change the color scheme of it?" He asked.

"Actually wait...." I began to think about what the next adventure was. "Better idea. Keep that suit, and grab a different one with the color scheme you want."

"Why keep this?" He held up my costume.

"You and I are going to freak Beatrix out." I smile and Darkning's eye widens. He then smiles.

"Good idea." He nods. He folds up the costume and Rarity comes back with the other costume. Darkning tells her what color scheme he wants. And She uses the color stain buckets to change it. Soon Darkning comes out in the changed costume.

"That... is awesome," I say.

"It is, isn't it?" He looks at the costume on him. "I always did have different tastes than you. Slightly more awesome tastes." I roll my eyes.

"Yeah yeah. Come on, I know the songs I want to sing with you. And you don't want to blow of Pinkie Pie."

"Yeah." We all leave for the party. When we knock on the door, Pinkie Pie opens up the door to let us all in. I look up at the sign. It said "WELCOME DARKNING!" Everyone was talking to each other, then they noticed both of us. A few ponies stared in amazement. Pinkie Pie bounced up to Darkning. (He had his mask on.)

"Hey, Darkning. Before we do the karaoke, we wanted you to speak to everyone."

"Um... alright." He nods. He heads to the front and picks up a microphone. "Um... hello? Is this thing working?" It works."Um. Alright. Now, as some of you have obviously guessed, My name is Darkning." He sighs. "I was created as a coping mechanism for Lightningman." There were a few tilts of the head here.

"What do you mean?" Derpy asked. Time Turner was beside her, but he didn't seem concerned at all about this. He merely looked up at Darkning and smiled slightly. What caused the change in demeanor? He leads the charge against me, but he doesn't care about him?

"I mean that I'm his sadness and anger." He says as he pulls off his mask. His eyes flash to what they were before he turned good. Everyone except for Time Turner flinches back. "Sorry." He rubs his eyes. "But, I won't hurt any of you. I'm trying to be good. In fact, I don't even have all of lightningman's powers right now. I'm just a normal costumed human, that's body is made of magic." He shrugs. "But let's all have some fun right?" They all look at each other and smile. They look at Darkning and say this.

"ALRIGHT!" My jaw drops. I groan.

"What's wrong?" Fluttershy asked me.

"Darkning, My sadness, and anger, The worst aspects of me, gets their confidence faster than me. It's just...." I groan. Just then I hear Darkning call my name.

"Lightningman! Were we going to sing or what?"

PreviousChapters Next