• Published 16th May 2017
  • 2,916 Views, 23 Comments

Spiders and Magic: New Families - Masterob



Alternate World where the Marvel Heroes live in Equestria with The Elements.

  • ...
15
 23
 2,916

Family Growth-New Baby Born

The months went by, lots of things were changing a lot in Equestria. The Avengers had gotten set well, Captain America moving all his personal belongings to Equestria, even getting a room in Princess Celestia's castle.

Tony Stark had his business set in Equestria, getting a nice building in the city, spending a majority of his time there to make sure things were running smoothly. Thanks to Rarity, he also had a new assistant in Coco Pommel. While this form of business was not in her expertise, she vowed to do well and make Tony Stark and Rarity proud.

Scott Lang also found a place to live in Ponyville, hoping to star a new life there. Granted he would leave from time to time to go see his daughter, he was happy in Equestria. His only wish was to be able to have his daughter with him, but he would still be a good father to her whenever possible.

The rest of The Avengers remained in their homes, Thor not wanting to leave his responsibilities in Asgard and Black Panther having to maintain his role as King of Wakanda. Both would come to Equestria when needed but they had their own responsibilities.

Banner and Carol also stayed behind in their world, but were ready to come to Equestria when needed, though Carol appeared by more often to see Janet, helping her out during her pregnancy.

Sunset Shimmer was hoping to open the portal to the Capcom world, though she still had some trouble. She couldn't figure it out on her own, even with Twilight and Dr. Strange also assisting her. Sunset Shimmer was determined to see Ryu again.

"Almost there, I'm not giving up," Sunset said.

Discord himself was attempting to work with the portals, especially considering his interest in opening the portal to The Dragon World to see the Saiyans, but that was giving him more trouble than he would have liked. He gets closer but not close enough.

"They won't elude me much longer, I will see them up close and the power of that Super Saiyan form, especially that of the one known as Goku," Discord said.

One other big change was that the Parker-Sparkle home had expanded to the point where Aunt May was able to move in, making the family much bigger. That also helped for when Spike and Janet had their child, epesically Janet was nearing her child's birth, she could not wait to see what baby she and Spike were gonna have. Applejack and Rainbow Dash themselves have really started showing in their pregnancy, and as such have not been able to do any physical activities, much to their dismay.

Rainbow Dash could no longer do any flight routines, she had to stay in bed while Johnny took care of her. Deep down in bothered her a little to have somepony else take care of her, but she knew she had no choice. Unfortunately it really affected her mood, causing major mood swings which was a big pain for Johnny.

Applejack also had to stay in bed, though was a little more calm despite occasional mood swings of her own. Remy had to handle the farm work alongside Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh. Luckily some friends had stopped by occasionally to help out, making things much easier.

The rest of The Fantastic Four also came by to see Johnny. Susan was so happy to hear that Rainbow Dash was pregnant, knowing that she'll soon be an aunt. Of course she offered to help Johnny any way she could, having some experience being a mother herself.

They also had the chance to meet up with Rainbow Dash's parents, the two families getting along well and discussing the marriage between Johnny and Rainbow Dash, as well as their soon to be born child. Susan wondered what the child would be like, but Bow and Windy already insisted it would be the best grandchild ever.

Reed and Susan had also brought over Franklin to play with Mayday, though one concern Twilight had was that Mayday hardly really focused any attention to the young boy. Like with The Cake Twins, Mayday seemed to be more focused on her own thing rather than really playing with other colts. It worried her to see her daughter so similar to her and possibly growing up without a proper friendship like she did. Peter insisted it was fine, but Twilight wasn't satisfied, she wants better for her daughter.


One day, the Apples were fortunate enough to have help from the some of Parker-Sparkle family, mainly Peter, Spike and Rumble.

"Thanks for helping us out mon ami Peter, things have slowed down a bit due to Applejack's pregnancy," Remy said, kicking the apples out of a tree.

"Anything for a friend, or an Apple brother in this situation," Peter said with his usual smile as he kicked a tree, knocking the apples down.

While Remy was happy that Peter was here, he also worried about Peter's strength and what it can do to the tree. "Though be careful with your strength, you don't wanna knock the whole tree over, Applejack won't like that, and with her mood swings lately-"

"Relax, Remy," Peter reassured. "I've gotten used to this, I'm not gonna mess up like I did once before, though at the time Applejack seemed fine."

"Because she wasn't pregnant yet," Remy reminded.

"Has that been tough for you to handle though?" Peter asked.

"A little, I mean I want to be there for Applejack, I love helping her, but it's quite hard work. First time being a father after all, I'm sure you went through something similar though," Remy said.

"Pretty much," Peter replied. "It takes some getting used to."

"I do have help from her siblings, especially Apple Bloom, she's the best," Remy said.

"Apple Bloom is a sweet filly, I love her a lot," Peter said, looking over to Apple Bloom, who had been bucking trees with Rumble, though the two talking more than working.

"Same here, she's really been a big help during Applejack's pregnancy, without her I'd probably be lost," Remy said.

"Apple Bloom's a very intelligent filly, she did figure out I was Spider-Mane on her own, and she knows a lot more than she lets on. In fact Rumble himself says his favorite thing about her is her confidence and her intelligence, add that to how cute she is and she's like a smaller version of Twilight," Peter said.

"Well Rumble is almost like you, so it makes sense that he'd be attracted to that," Remy said.

Peter nodded, "Yeah, so anyway how many more trees do we need to-"

"Peter! Spike!? Where are you two!?" they both heard.

"That sounds like Trixie," Peter said. He looked to see his roommate rushing toward him.

"There you are Peter, you need to get Spike! Quickly too!" Trixie said urgently.

"Why? What's wrong?" Peter asked.

"It's Janet! She's about to have her foal!" Trixie shouted.

Peter's eyes bulged, "What!?" Peter called out. "Spike! Get over here! You're wife's gonna give birth!"

"She's what!?" they heard Spike shout. He ran over to them with Big Macintosh following closely. "Where is she!? Where's my wife!?"

"She's on her way to Ponyville hospital, Twilight is assisting her but we need to move quickly! The rest of the family is there as well!" Trixie said.

Peter nodded, "Right, we're on it!" He turned to Remy. "Hey I have to go see Janet, will you be alright on your own?"

Remy nodded, "Of course, go do what you gotta do Peter."

Peter looked toward the direction of the hospital, "You ready to go Spike?" Peter got no answer, so he looked to the side. "Spike?" He noticed that Spike wasn't there.

"He's already on his way over Peter, he wouldn't wait, I suggest we get moving ourselves, you know how your wife hates waiting" Trixie stated.

Peter did a mock laugh, "True, though luckily for me this time, Spike's the one who has to deal with all the screaming and yelling."


"And I was wrong," Peter said, covering his ears as Janet yelled really loudly while in bed.

"IT HURTS SO MUCH! I WANT THIS BABY BORN NOW!" Janet shouted, flailing around while everypony else tries to comfort her.

"Don't worry Janet, I've been in this position, I know how you feel right now," Twilight said.

"That's nice Twilight, BUT THAT DOES NOTHING FOR THIS AMOUNT OF PAIN!" Janet shouted.

Peter waited in the room next to Trixie, who herself had her ears covered.

"The day I have children, remind me not to scream this much," Trixie said.

"I doubt you'll fulfil that promise," Peter said.

Trixie glared slightly at Peter for that as she continued to cover her ears.

Spike himself attempted to comfort Janet as he held her hoof in both his hands, "Come on Janet, you're an Avenger, you've handled much tougher."

Janet grabbed Spike's hands with her other hooves, "Spike, I really don't think I would compare that, but you might have a point. Still, this baby is really CAUSING ME SO MUCH PAIN!"

Spike covered his ears slightly, though soon went back to comfort his wife, "Don't worry, I'm here for you. You're gonna be alright, ok Janet?"

"I'll do my best..." Janet said, still holding back the pain. "Just stay near me Spike."

Spike held her hooves as he looked into her eyes, "Of course, I'll always be nearby."

Janet smiled a little, though again shut her eyes at the pain. The only thing easing her was Spike being so close by.

Twilight awed at that, "How sweet." She then found herself shielding her ears from the loud screaming, "Was I this loud when I was pregnant?"

"To be fair, you're this loud even when you weren't pregnant," Peter said, but got a clonk on the head for that. "I guess I had that coming."


Outside Mayday is sitting impatiently near Aunt May, who was speaking to some of the nurses. Later the door opened, Mayday turning to see that it was Scott and Carol.

"Hey, how's Janet doing?" Carol asked.

Aunt May turned to greet them, "Oh hello there, Janet's fine but she's in a lot of pain right now."

"Yeah I remember when my daughter was born, maybe I should give Spike some advice," Scott said.

"He's fine, Peter's there, but I'm sure Janet will be happy to see the both of you," Aunt May said.

Carol walked over to Mayday, "Hey there Mayday, how are you doing?"

"I'm fine, really bored though, how long before the baby is born?" Mayday asked.

"Um, it could take a while," Carol said. "It's a lot for Janet though."

"How is a baby born anyway? Why does it grow in the belly?" Mayday asked.

Suddenly Deadpool appeared at the window, "It's very simple kid, you see-"

Carol quickly closed the window on Deadpool's face, knocking him back. "That moron!"

Mayday scratched her head, what is with that guy and why does everypony keep getting angry at him?

Soon loud screaming was heard from Janet, including some not so gentle words. Carol covered Mayday's ears as Aunt May put her hoof to her mouth.

"I should teach that young lady some better manners."

Later Apple Bloom had arrived, joined by Rumble. "Has the baby been born yet!?"

Mayday looked curious, "Apple Bloom? You came too?" She then smiled a bit. "And you brought Rumble! Hi Rumble!"

Rumble waved, "Hi Mayday." He turned to the others. "Has the baby been born?"

"Not yet, almost though," Scott said. "Hopefully soon, that screaming is a bit annoying."

"She's giving birth Scott, what do you expect?" Carol asked.

Back inside Janet is still huffing and breathing hard, Spike holding her hooves.

"Almost there Janet, you can do this. You're one of the strongest mares I know, if anypony can handle this it's you!" Spike encouraged.

Janet nodded, "You're right Spike...damn it still hurts though!"

"I'm here for you, I won't leave your side until it's over Janet!" Spike said. "Bring out our baby! I know you can do it!"

Janet nodded and did her best to continue, "Spike...the baby...it's almost here!"

"Keep going! You can handle it Janet!" Spike said.

"I...know I can...I can handle it...AND I WILL!" Janet shouted, more determined as she went harder.

Outside everyone else is still waiting and later heard a baby crying.

"You all hear that right?" Scott said.

A moment later, Nurse Redheart came out to greet them. "The baby's been born. It's a girl!"

The other ponies quickly went into the room and saw Janet laying in bed, holding her baby in her hooves. Spike was right beside her, looking on at his baby, already feeling the pride of being a father.

Peter, Twilight and Trixie also looked on in awe. Seeing this brought back great memories for Peter and Twilight, remembering the day that Mayday was born.

Soon the other ponies gathered around to see the baby. From what they could see, it was a pony, so far no signs of it being a mixed breed, though with the blanket around it, it's hard to tell.

"Aw Janet, you're baby's so adorable," Carol said.

Janet nodded, "Yeah, she is, I'm so happy."

Apple Bloom got in close to see the baby as well, "Wow, so that's what the baby of a pony and dragon looks like."

Twilight observed it, "So fascinating, this could be considered a great moment in science, the first known baby of a pony and a dragon."

Janet glared slightly, "Hey this isn't a science experiment, it's my baby. Watch yourself Sparkle!"

Twilight backed off a little, "Sorry, got carried away. But I am happy for you and Spike of course."

Spike chuckled, "It's fine Twilight, I know how you get sometimes. But remember, this baby is your niece, so please treat her like one."

Twilight nodded, "Right, I will...oh wow, I'm an aunt, well I know I'm already an aunt since Shining Armor is also a father, but still, now I'm an aunt again!" Twilight squeed, "I'm so happy, now I have two nieces, plus my daughter."

"Wow, a lot of girls, that's great, though maybe we need some diversity, hopefully one of us will have a son soon," Peter said.

"We had Rumble at least," Twilight said, turning to the young colt. "Kinda wish you were still with us."

"One day maybe, I miss you too," Rumble said.

Peter looked curiously at Twilight, then shrugged it off. Rumble's a nice kid but he wouldn't call him his son anymore these days.

Scott chuckled a bit, "Yeah, looks like it is mostly girls, I would know myself."

Peter looked at the little baby, "So is she gonna be an Avenger like her mommy one day?"

Janet had some realization, does she want her daughter to do what she does? She's not too sure if she wants her to go through all that.

"We'll see Peter, but it's too early to decide that. Let me just focus on raising her properly with Spike," Janet said.

"Yeah, she has plenty of time to decide that, she doesn't even know how to walk yet," Spike pointed out.

Suddenly the baby started to cry a bit, to which Janet tried calming her down. "Aw, are you hungry dear? You want mommy to feed you?" As Janet prepared to feed her, she remembered that she's not by herself. "Um I'm gonna need a little privacy everypony."

Everypony in the room nodded and left, leaving Janet behind with Spike as she went to feed her baby. As Janet fed her foal, Spike started thinking about what Peter and Twilight have said, knowing his child is already so unique. While his neice Mayday is technically half human, Peter still had a pony form, so Mayday is still born a regular pony. But what about his own child?

Since Spike is a dragon and not a pony, his child is a much more obvious half-breed, take into account that his child is technically part human he wonders how complicated things might be. Right now his child has the form of a pony, even though her mother is born a human, but will his child have the traits of a dragon?

Spike started to shudder at any hardships his child will have to go through, but he promises to help his daughter though any problems in life.

Janet noticed how deeply Spike seemed to be thinking, she can likely guess it had to do with being a father, but he seemed really concerned. Is Spike worried about having to raise a child? Does he doubt himself? Janet can't let him think like that. She pulled Spike in for a little kiss, snapping Spike out of his worries. Spike returned the kiss, using his slim tongue to his advantage as he tickled the inside of her mouth.

Janet broke the kiss to look into Spike's eyes, "Our baby will be fine, she's part of a great family, and we'll be great parents, alright?"

Spike nodded, "Alright, I'll trust you on that, I love you."

"Love you too Spike." Janet said, resting her head against Spike's as she continued to feed her baby.

Spike then had another realization, "Wait, what do we name her?"

Janet tapped her chin, "I like the name 'Hope', do you?"

Spike nodded and smiled, "Hope...I like it, it's a great name."

Janet smiled and looked down at her daughter, "Then Hope it is, Hope Van Dragon."


Everypony had left the hospital, quite happy with what's happened.

"So Spike and Janet are officially parents, our family has gotten even bigger," Peter said.

"I just hope they can handle it just fine," Twilight said.

"They will," Trixie reassured. "But we'll all be there to help I'm sure."

"I'll definitely do so," Carol said. "Janet's a good friend of mine after all."

"I'll be around more often to help myself," Scott said. "Somehow it just feels right to do so."

"We'd greatly appreciate that," Twilight said. "Now we still have two other ponies that are expecting children, we gotta make sure to be there for them."

"Mah sister's handling it well, she's a little moody sometimes but she looks like she'll be ready," Apple Bloom said. "Oh speaking of mah sister, ah should head back to see how she's doing." Apple Bloom turned to Rumble, "Let's go."

Rumble nodded and turned to the Parker-Sparkle family. "Bye, I hope to see you again soon."

They all waved good-bye, watching the two foals run off.

"They do look cute together," Peter said.

"Yeah," Twilight said, then noticed something in the air. "Hey Peter, it's Johnny."

Peter looked up and saw Johnny flying overhead, it looked like he was carrying something.

"Yo Johnny! Down here!" Peter said.

Johnny looked down, "Hey sorry bro, I can't talk now, I gotta get this food to Dashie otherwise she'll have a fit."

"She having her weird cravings again?" Peter asked.

Johnny nodded glumly, "It's such a pain bro, I love Rainbow Dash but this is a lot to handle, especially with how bad her attitude is lately."

"It'll happen, just remember she really needs you right now," Peter said.

"Being pregnant isn't easy Johnny, it's a lot of work for Rainbow Dash, just keep doing your part and I promise you it will turn out well," Twilight said.

Johnny nodded, "Right, will do sis, anyway I gotta go, see ya."

As Johnny flew off, Twilight had a realization, "Um, did he call me 'sis'?"

"Yeah, though he probably didn't realize it, but I will admit, you are pretty similar to his sister Susan," Peter said.

"Doesn't he already consider Pinkie Pie his sister?" Trixie asked.

Peter tapped his chin, "Sorta, he and the rest of the Fantastic Four do like the Pie sisters, though him calling Pinkie Pie his sister is more of group thing, not sure if the bond is fully there."

Twilight shrugged it off, "It doesn't matter really, I'm flattered he called me 'sis', even if he probably didn't realize it. It just seems so nice."

"Ever since you helped Johnny stay in this world, he's become that much more fond of you, especially at the wedding when you helped his family come," Peter said. "Truth be told, I think he really cares about you a lot, when we talk about you he always seems to be happy, he always has nice things to say about you."

"He's sweet, annoying sometimes but still a nice stallion. I'm happy to help him," Twilight said.

Author's Note:

Spike and Janet are now parents. The Parker-Sparkle family has a new member.