• Published 15th May 2017
  • 2,718 Views, 289 Comments

Samudra's Journal - vren55



On the fall of a Seapony Empress. Pre-equel to Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress

  • ...
8
 289
 2,718

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 79: A Risky Operation

I have decided to attempt the risky option, simply because it’s been ten years and still Tethys hasn’t taken the bait. My tactic isn’t working.

Furthermore, I also came to a realization as to why that strategy didn’t work. Tethys isn’t attacking because she’s watching me.

She knows that I am the most expedient and dangerous threat to her. If I am near an area, there’s no way she can attack because she knows that I will just hunt her down. It’s why the bait hasn’t worked. She knows that attacking the collection area is too risky.

I have to move away from the collection area, or make it look like I’ve moved away.

Now making an Empress look like she is somewhere else is one annoying task. For one, I have to keep a very low profile, which meant that I don’t get any of the luxuries I usually live with. I may be sounding petty diary, but when you’re the ruler of an entire nation and can’t find the deep pony who cleans the scales on your fluke because you need to read another budget report first, you’ll probably understand why I want my luxuries and servants.

The other problem I came up against, was the fact that I had to find a body double.

Finding a deep pony or sea pony willing to actually be a body double isn’t the difficult part. However, finding one who can mimic me completely and disguise her or him in a way that would be unnoticeable? Very difficult.

It took an entire year, but I found the perfect deep pony. Her name is Kara and she was one of my servants. Her family were actors and she’s inherited a lot of their talent. Additionally, she’s intelligent, possess a calm disposition and more importantly, is furiously loyal to the cause of eradicating the kelpie threat. After all, her parents were killed in one of the earlier kelpie raids.

Thus, I am currently training her in preparation for the part she needs to play. She’s a keen student and very hardworking. It has been more of an exercise of making sure she doesn’t overextend herself.

PreviousChapters Next