• Published 15th May 2017
  • 2,712 Views, 289 Comments

Samudra's Journal - vren55



On the fall of a Seapony Empress. Pre-equel to Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress

  • ...
8
 289
 2,712

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 3: Going Up the Ranks

I’ve since graduated from being Empress Panthalussa’s student and while I’m not Myrmidon guard, I am something better.

I’m acting as her Seneschel!

Okay, it’s a kind of sub-viceroy position, but through this, I’ve been directly assisting the running of Aquestria.

I will admit, I am worried about Aquestria’s military being a bit complacent given the years of peace we’ve had, but peace is better than war.

Still, I’ve never been happier to serve my mentor and thank her for all that she has taught me.

For my first task, one of the distant deep pony clans in the Western Ocean has rebelled against Panthalussa’s rule. I’ve been sent to dispatch them with haste with the rest of the Myrmidon Guard.

Nomadic clans have very little say in the running of our government due to their lower numbers. Plus, they don't contribute as much to Aquestria as a whole due to their nomadic practices.

This one wanted more autonomy and power, and seafloor to settle on. Panthalussa sent negotiators to try to appease them, but they refused to be satisfied. It seems the clan's leader and his followers have gained... delusions of power and given Aquestria's power isn't as evident in the open ocean, I would understand that.

But killing our diplomats despite our offer... I couldn't believe it when I received the news. As much as I dislike having to fight my own species, there’s nothing for it. They’ve rejected the Empress’s benevolent rule, and so they must suffer the consequences.

Author's Note:

There's another one coming tomorrow since this was so short!

PreviousChapters Next