• Published 15th May 2017
  • 2,714 Views, 289 Comments

Samudra's Journal - vren55



On the fall of a Seapony Empress. Pre-equel to Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress

  • ...
8
 289
 2,714

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 134: What Was Found

I… I have no idea what we just found. It seems to be the epicentre of the attacks and everything seems to line up with a kelpie going rogue there. Yet, at the same time, there are questions that I have trouble answering.

After backtracking the attacks, we found a small deep pony village not too far off from a kelpie-inhabited abyss. The deep pony village’s entire population was killed, most of the villagers eaten. That… was expected. We had been seeing an increase in the viciousness of the attacks as we got closer to the origin point, as that was when the rogue kelpie had the most time to operate.

What was unexpected was evidence of something breaking out of… well…

To put it in brief, the villagers were trapping something vicious in a metal and stone prison (constructed with their magic), which… they failed to contain. The damage to the cage and matching damage to the… remains (little more than bones) of the deep ponies is consistent with the beast ripping out of the cage and started to slaughter the inhabitants.

Somehow though, the deep ponies had contained this creature for some time. We found uneaten food scraps still on the prison’s floor.

I suspect the rogue kelpie broke out of this prison… but how did the deep ponies capture a rogue kelpie in the first place? Those things are unstoppable. Yet, they were able to capture one? Just… what happened here?

PreviousChapters Next