• Published 15th May 2017
  • 2,723 Views, 289 Comments

Samudra's Journal - vren55



On the fall of a Seapony Empress. Pre-equel to Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress

  • ...
8
 289
 2,723

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 80: Kara

Today, I began to teach Kara how to mimic me. Previously, I had simply had her observing my actions and studying the papers I needed to look over. The non-classified stuff of course. This is so that she’s able to make decisions in my name while I am waiting to ambush Tethys.

But back to trying to mimic me, I helped Kara achieved this with some magic, shape and size changing potions. It’s a bit eery to see my reflection have different reactions to me and different expressions. Then, I had her essentially mirror me, use the notes she had taken watching me, and guide her through situations I might encounter everyday.

We have started small at the moment, with her interacting with some of my most trusted servants, and having them point out if she has slipped up. From then, we will move up to her interacting with larger groups, alone, in disguise, and then to her actually holding court.

I find that Kara in this aspect… tries to force the issue to severely. She often forces herself to act like me in ways that aren’t exactly natural. I suppose this is only natural give her determination to serve Aquestria, but as I mentioned in an earlier entry, reeling her back is a constant task.

Part of it is clearly driven by vengeance, which… worries me to some extent and… well… eradicating the kelpies and Yoth-Atal, who might have created them, is my duty. I take no pleasure in the struggle. It is long, hard, boring, and while I must admit that I enjoy victory, it is not a war I want.

But Kara? She seems almost to relish my praise with some… vehemence? I need to temper that part of her, or else she will be of no use to Aquestria.

Moreover, I have also realized that… if I just ambush and kill Tethys, she’ll probably just come back from it, especially if it is really Yoth-Atal helping her.

After all, she’s come back from worse. What would be the point of killing her again? More importantly, how do I stop her from resurrecting?

The only answer I have is that I must capture Tethy and figure out why she keeps coming back after I restrain her.

Which is why I have ordered the construction of a facility equipped with traps, devices and magical seals that should be able to seal Tethys. The goal this time would be instead to knock her unconscious or cripple her to the point she cannot resist, and then move her to this facility.

Still, it will take a while before this facility is complete. But I am in no rush. After all, Kara requires a lot more practice before she can impersonate me for any length of time.

PreviousChapters Next