• Published 15th May 2017
  • 2,711 Views, 289 Comments

Samudra's Journal - vren55



On the fall of a Seapony Empress. Pre-equel to Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress

  • ...
8
 289
 2,711

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 64: Meeting Celestia

It’s been a couple of decades since the last kelpie queen and some interesting things have occurred.

One of the most significant changes was that the ponies have united and formed the nation of Equestria. Chamelia told me she had a bit of a hoof in that. She disguised herself as Starswirl and told Clover the Clever about Windigoes… though not explicitly saying that they were the cause of the winter.

It complicated matters when Starswirl did reappear, but before I could contact him and ask him for advice, he disappeared again.

This time, I’m not so sure that it’s temporary. Chamelia has informed me that he and a band of Equestrian heroes fought against an entity known as “The Pony of Shadows” and apparently disappeared after that battle. She isn’t sure of the details but what is certain is that Starswirl and the rest of these Equestrian heroes, known as “The Old Pillars of Equestria” have not been seen in several years.

I… I don’t know what to feel diary. Guilty that I didn’t see Starswirl again? That we drifted apart? I don’t know, but I can’t change anything.

Sometime after that… Chamelia… introduced me to Celestia.

Celestia and her sister, Luna, came to power some years after the ponies who unified Equestria died. They were able to raise the sun and moon, to replace the unicorns that did so after Vale Auras was sunk into the water. They are alicorns.

Honestly, I thought alicorns were beings of myth and legend and Celestia and Luna… I’m not sure how old they are, but they are far wiser and have seen… things that I have only seen through Panthalussa’s eyes. They do appear young, though, I am not sure why. Reincarnation? A second life?

No matter, the thing is, Celestia is a very interesting pony… and I like her. Though, I must admit, the way we met was… unexpected.

You see diary, Chamelia… introduced me to Celestia...well… she didn’t quite do that. Chamelia didn’t actually talk to Celestia. She talked to me first, asked me if I wanted to meet her.

Most of our communication about the state of the surface world comes through the changelings these days. Chamelia made a very strong case. Admittedly, all she really had to say was “she raises the sun and her sister the moon” and I would be hooked… yes diary I know how that sounds considering what I am… anyway, but she also made mention of Celestia’s mercy, great political skill and belief in friendship.

So I agreed, and Chamelia giggled behind her hoof before telling me that she’ll work on it, but that she wouldn’t be there. For obvious reasons, the changelings needed to be secret. I was… confused of course, but Chamelia assured me that Celestia would meet me if I traveled upriver to the Everfree Forest.

I… well I have come to trust Chamelia at this point, as much of a prankster as I now her to be. So I followed her directions and sure enough, I met Celestia.

What Chamelia neglected to tell me was that she was going to lure Celestia to the river by making up a legend that there was a sea dragon in the Everfree Forest’s river that was friendly and very wise. Celestia was there fully thinking she was about to negotiate with a dragon in the water. When I showed up and introduced myself, she told me about it and I agreed to wait it out with her. Both because I was curious about the dragon and because I thought it would be interesting to talk to one of the world’s only remaining alicorns.

That’s… how I ended up talking and learning about Celestia. It was very… well clearly we were both hedging how much we were going to reveal. Celestia was much more open, but I admit, it was easy to talk about the stress about ruling Aquestria with Celestia, and give her advice about how to rule Equestria. We never did find the sea dragon, though, Chamelia informed me that there was definitely a couple. I and Celestia might have missed them.

PreviousChapters Next