• Published 15th May 2017
  • 2,703 Views, 289 Comments

Samudra's Journal - vren55



On the fall of a Seapony Empress. Pre-equel to Equestria's Changeling Queen and the Abyssal Empress

  • ...
8
 289
 2,703

PreviousChapters Next
Entry 46: Reconsidering the Bearded

Starswirl has not ceased with his questions and… honestly he’s provided some good reasons as to why I should let me help him and explain why.

For one, it’s been a year since he tried to help me with my hallucinations, so if he was untrustworthy, he would have told the entire world. If that happened, then the seaponies that frequent the rivers and trade with the few shore communities we have contact with would have heard it.

Two, Starswirl is smart. Perhaps without a good as memory as me, and without the long-life, but he was the one who figured out that the Abyss might have a connection to my hallucinations. In fact, given my nightmares, the possibility is even greater, though of course, I cannot confirm it.

Three, if my darkest suspicions are true and it is the Primal God Yoth-Atal, then I need to take all precautions, even if the nightmares and hallucinations aren’t caused by Yoth-Atal. And in this case, the precaution I need to use in this case is to strengthen the seal somehow.

Which raises a really big problem that Starswirl might be able to help me come up with a solution to. Yoth-Atal is sealed in an Abyss. Even I cannot go into the Abyss. The pressures toward the bottom are so intense that I’d get crushed. I know this because Panthalussa tried with a similar ocean trench, and she nearly died. That’s just the actual Abyss itself and not including the fact that there is a Primal God in there that might be able to mentally dominate me.

Thus, I have a problem. I need to try to reinforce the seal on Yoth-Atal, who… might be responsible for everything I’ve endured, though I have no proof. But even if there is a chance that she is coming loose, I need to respond immediately and strengthen the seal. Starswirl can help me with that response.

I need to think about this more, but writing it down has made me feel… better about it.

PreviousChapters Next