• Published 5th May 2017
  • 3,133 Views, 102 Comments

A Spoiled Foal - Foal Star



Spoiled Rich is turned into a foal by a strange nanny with myseterious motives. Diamond Tiara finds her mom, and has to care for the mare in her new foalish state.

  • ...
9
 102
 3,133

Prolouge: The Strange Nanny

Diamond Tiara was in her room early one morning, getting her saddle bag ready for school. As she sat on her bed and was making sure she had her homework, papers, and pencils all organized in her saddlebag, she took a second to look down at the ground with a worried look as she thought, “Daddy is leaving today for Manehattan. That means I'm going to be alone with Mom. I have to somehow convince him to let me come. Celestia knows what Mom will do to me while he’s gone.“ She shook her head, finished buckling up her saddlebag, and placed it on her back. She ran down the stairs seeing her dad with Randolph, looking over his suitcases scattered all over the floor. She came up and rushed Filthy Rich, hugging his legs close, just so she could feel his warm fur.

He held her back and held the embrace for a few minutes, before he kissed her on the forehead as he asked. “Hey sweetie, how you doin’?”

Tiara looked up at her dad with pleading eyes as she asked. “Daddy, can’t I come with you? I’m old enough to help you at the store, and I’ve always wanted to go to Manehattan.”

Filthy Rich sighed and snuggled his daughter as he whispered. “Sweetie, I would love to take you. But this is strictly business. I won't have time to do much of anythin’ else while I’m tryin’ to keep the family business afloat,” Diamond Tiara looked down with a worried look, prompting Filthy to ask. “What's wrong? You seem worried.”

Diamond gulped and looked away before whispering one word, “Mom.”

Filthy sighed in frustration as he bent down to his daughter’s level and looked straight into her eyes as he said to her, “Look, I know you and her have been goin’ through a rough patch lately. But I think this could be a good opportunity to talk to her, fix things up so we can be a family again.”

Diamond shook her head as she protested, “I don't want to stay here alone with her. Can I come with you though, please? I won't ask for anything or cause any problems. I could sit in your lap and let you work. Nopony would even notice me.”

Filthy smiled at his daughter as he whispered, “I would take ya if I could, but I just can’t take you out of school, education’s important. But, if you're that worried about being alone with your mom, you won’t be. I hired a nanny to help take care of ya while I'm gone.”

“A nanny?! I'm not a foal!” Diamond Tiara shouted in disgust. “I don’t need somepony feeding me or telling me when to go to bed. Celestia knows I get enough of that from Mother, whenever she bothers to acknowledge I exist.”

Filthy ruffled his daughter’s mane and explained. “Trust me, she's super nice and I'm sure you’ll love her. I hired the best nanny in all of Equestria, because I want the best for my little Diamond. Now you need to get to school.”

Tiara reluctantly nodded, still unsure about having a nanny care for her, as she kissed her dad on the cheek, as she smiled up and said to him. “Bye Daddy, take care. Have fun in Manehattan.”

Filthy hugged his daughter one more time, and kissed her on the forehead as he whispered. “Bye sweetheart, I'll see you in a week.”

Diamond turned to see Spoiled Rich coming down the stairs and ran off before Spoiled even got to the bottom step and muttered. “Ungrateful brat.”

Filthy Rich turned to his wife, as she was grumbling. “I should come with you. You get to go to beautiful, Manehattan, while I'm stuck here in hillbilly Ponyville. I don’t know what it is you see in this backwards town.”

Filthy looked at his wife with a stern gaze as he lectured. “Honey, I told you that we need somepony to look after the shop. I even hired a nanny to help look after Diamond Tiara while I'm gone, so you can just focus on makin’ sure everythin’ runs smoothly at the store. Surely you can manage that.”

Spoiled turned her head away as she grumbled, “Good, at least I won't have to deal with that obnoxious, ungrateful brat of a daughter. Nothing I do seems to be able to undo the brainwashing those former blank flank losers inflicted upon her. She actually washes her own silverware now, of all the nerve!”

Filthy became more frustrated as he retorted, “I know you and Diamond Tiara are havin’ problems. But I need to know that you won’t overstep your bounds and abuse her in any way, shape, or form. I love you, Spoiled. But mark my words, if I hear you mistreated her in any way while I was gone,” He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, as he gave his wife a stone cold gaze and added, “I swear I'll leave you and take Diamond with me.”

Spoiled looked down and sighed in defeat as she grumbled, “Fine, I'll stay here with Diamond Tiara, but I won’t like it. I'll probably be running the store for most of the time while you're gone anyways, so hopefully whoever you hired to watch her will teach our daughter how to behave like a proper rich pony.”

Filthy shook his head as he muttered, “I don't know what's going on between you two, but I wish you could try to reconnect with our daughter. I swear, when we first met you weren’t like this. Ya used to be nice.”

Just then, as Randolph was placing Filthy’s suitcases into a carriage, a mare came trotting through the front doors of the mansion. She was a fat, bulky, blue coated earth pony, who wobbled as she walked. She was looking around the fancy house with her bright orange eyes. Her bright orange mane was tied in a bun, while her likewise orange colored tail was obscured by a white cowl covered in red polka dots. She had a red saddlebag strapped on her right side, clearly loaded up with supplies. The mare came up to Filthy Rich and asked in a worried tone, “You’re ze Filthy Rich correct?”

Filthy smiled and held out a hoof. “Correct, my name is Filthy Rich. It's a pleasure to meet you again, De’Foal. I miss all those times ya’d come to foalsit me when I was a little pony, suffice it to say you were the best caretaker I ever did meet.”

De’Foal took Filthy’s hoof and shook it vigorously, making him grunt at how strong her grip was. She stammered with a goofy grin, “Oh, iz is such a pleasure to meet you again. I have been loving Ponyville, iz such a beautiful, beautiful town!”

Filthy finally let go of her hoof sighing in relief as he asked. “So, how was the trip from Prance?”

De’Foal proudly exclaimed, “Oh, iz was wonderful! I traveled to ze Canterlot and ze Manehattan. I have met so many wonderful poniez, and I can't wait to meet your little one.”

Filthy nodded and replied with a smile, “Yes, I’m sure she’ll absolutely adore you. Right now she’s at school, but she should be home in a few hours.”

De’Foal blushed as she whispered, “Oh, so she’z a big filly? I guess I brought all thezez foal zuppliez for nothing then.”

Filthy laughed out loud as Spoiled grumbled under her breath. Filthy gasped for breath as he explained, “Yes, Diamond Tiara is a school filly, and has been potty trained for quite some time now, a fact we’re all VERY proud of. I assure you, there’s no need for diapers or anythin’ of the like. She don’t even wet the bed anymore.”

De’Foal gave a apologetic smile as she replied, “Well, iz okay. Iz my fault for not realizing that she’z a big filly. But iz alright, I care for foalz of all agez. I hope your daughter will be az eazy to take care of az you were.”

Spoiled gave a loud cough as Filthy rolled his eyes and then smiled as he said, “Oh yes, nanny De’Foal, this is my lovely wife, Spoiled Milk Rich.”

Nanny De’Foal held out a hoof towards Spoiled, “Iz a pleasure, my name iz Nan-”

Spoiled Rich eyed the nanny with disgust as she muttered under her breath, “Yes yes, Nanny De’Foal. My husband said your name already.”

Nanny De’Foal dropped her hoof and asked Filthy Rich, “Zo, I guess I will ztay here with your wife and your foal while you’re gone?”

Filthy nodded, “Yes, De’Foal. I have a wonderful guest room for you to stay in. Hopefully everythin’ is up to your standards,” Then he called for Randolph.

Randolph came up and bowed as he asked, “Yes Master Filthy, how may I be of service to you?”

Filthy Rich turned and instructed, “Randolph, please show De’Foal her room and make she’s comfortable.”

Randolph bowed again. “Of course sir,” He got up and turned to the pudgy mare as he said to her “Madam, please come with me. I will show you to your chambers.”

As Randolph lead De’Foal up the stairs, Spoiled shouted in protest, “Are you serious?! I’m not having her live here, not in MY house! She’s a filthy pig who smells of foal powder! I won’t put up with it, I will not have ponies getting the wrong idea about me!”

Filthy growled as he eyed his wife, stomped his hooves, and shouted, “She WILL live here! And you WILL treat her with respect! Or so help me, I'll get out the divorce papers right now!” His wife went quiet as he took out his pocket watch and mumbled, “Well, I have to go, or I'll miss my train. Remember my warnin’ though.” He then tucked his watch into his vest as he looked up at his wife and told her. “Be respectful to De’Foal. She took very good care of me as a colt, and to me, she’s practically family. You disrespectin’ her is like disrespectin’ my parents.” He then got into his carriage and was carried off.


Spoiled watched her husband disappeared, while she pondered her situation. As the dust settled, Spoiled went back into the house as an evil grin appeared on her face. “Perhaps this won’t be so bad after all. If I can use this nanny to get what I truly want, then my husband may have just hoofed the golden ticket I’ve been waiting for for over a year.” She thought to herself.

Spoiled climbed the steps and found Nanny De’Foal being shown about the guest room. Spoiled cleared her throught and said to Randolph. “You’ve done enough, Randolph, You may leave. That’s an order.”

Randolph bowed and whispered. “As you wish, Mistress Spoiled.” And he left the room briskly.

Spoiled slammed the door shut, as De’Foal turned to the rich mare and asked. “Hello, iz there zomething you need?”

Spoiled walked up to De’Foal and with a sigh she asked. “Did my husband tell you about our daughter?”

De’Foal shook her head. “Not really. He juzt told that me she’z young and friendly. You zee, he and I just reconnected after yearz zince we’d last zeen each other. Just a few dayz ago he told me that he needed zomepony to watch hiz daughter. He zaid zomething about you and her having problemz, but he did not zpecify.”

Spoiled Rich nodded and continued in a mournful tone, “Well, you see, my daughter is Diamond Tiara. And she is a really rotten little brat. She will act nice around when my husband is around. But when she’s with me she’s absolutely horrible and ungrateful!”

De’Foal blinked in astonishment and asked. “Really?! What doez zhe do?”

Spoiled Rich continued. “Oh, what doesn't she do? She breaks things and then orders me to clean the messes. She will make me change her clothes every day and night. She constantly treks mud, dirt, leaves, and tree sap into the house without a second thought. Everytime I try to say no to her, she will cry and scream. And she threatens to tell my husband that I abuse her. To say nothing of the fact that she spends all her free time sneaking out of the house or avoiding coming home for long as possible, so she can hang out with her troublemaking friends.”

De’Foal seemed to nod as she replied. “I zee, she’z zpoiled. But you are her mom, zhe iz your rezponzibility. Zo, why tell me theze thingz? It iz not my place to raize your daughter for you, zat is not what I am here for.”

Spoiled wasn’t phased by this response, she just continued. “I'm warning you, I need your help to put her in her place. I shudder to think I could’ve given birth to such a rotten twerp.”

De’Foal smirked (though not for the reasons Spoiled would’ve assumed). “Oh, I gotz zome thingz in my bag to help deal with naughty foalz zuch as her. Trust me, I will change your filly from brat to perfect angel in a week.” She told Spoiled.

But Spoiled shook her head. “Oh thank you, but I need you to do more than that. You see I have some rules that I need you to enforce on her. Rules I have tried to impose to no avail, as my daughter refuses to listen to a word I say.”

De’Foal eyed Spoiled cautiously. “Rulez?” She asked.

Spoiled smiled rather fiendishly, she couldn’t hide how much she would enjoy putting her daughter in her rightful place. “Oh yes, rules, and they are as follows: First, she is not allowed to spend anytime with these fillies called the Cutie Mark Crusaders. They’re a terrible influence on her. So, I need you to pick her up from school and have her come straight home everyday.”

De’Foal eyed Spoiled and commented. “That’z a bit harzh. Even if she’z naughty, keeping her from her friendz iz quite cruel of you.”

Spoiled continued with a stern tone, “We’re paying you, correct?” To which De’Foal nodded. “So you will do as I say. Besides, I know my daughter and this is what’s best for her, regardless of what she might think.”

De’Foal sighed, as she just rolled her eyes and asked. “Okay, what'z the rezt of the rulez?”

Spoiled continued. “She will do homework once she gets home, and then I want her to clean.”

“You mean do the chorez?” De’Foal inquired.

Spoiled nodded with a smile. “I want her to mop, sweep, and dust the entire house from top to bottom. Perhaps once she sees how hard it is to clean the place, she will think twice before she soils the floors with uncouth dirt and grime. Then after the place is spotless, she will go straight to bed, no ifs, ands, or buts. If she gives you any problems, report to Randolph or myself, and we will tell my husband how rude and disobedient Diamond is being. That way, you're an outside source, and my husband will believe me if you tell him how horrible Diamond Tiara is behaving.”

De’Foal looked at Spoiled with shock and whispered, “Yet, if I keep Diamond Tiara from playing with her friendz, and have her do chorez all day, zhe will give me problemz because that iz wrong. You are her mother, you must be the one to reign in your daughter’z behavior. I am zimply to enzure zhe iz taken care of while you run the ztore.”

But Spoiled got up into De’Foal’s face and bellowed in a threatening tone. “You will do this for me, Nanny De’Foal, or I will tell everypony in Ponyville how awful you were to Diamond Tiara! And I swear I'll make sure Princess Twilight kicks you out of here herself! Do I make myself clear?!”

De’Foal eyed Spoiled Rich, her demeanor changing from happy to angry. Her eyes began to glow as she shouted, “Zo, you think you can threaten me?!”

Spoiled Rich felt fear tremble down her spine as she backed up, she had not anticipated a foreigner to stand up to her like this, and she didn’t like it at all.

De’Foal stepped forward and with her eyes narrowing she inquired of Spoiled. “Do you know who I am, Zpoiled Rich?”

Spoiled somehow managed to pluck up the courage to snap back. “What, some fat cow who smells of foal powder? Am I supposed to be afraid of that?! I went through far worse potty training my own daughter, even when she cried and cried for her diapers.”

De’Foal laughed wickedly, managing to unnerve Spoiled again. “The gull from you iz real,” She replied. “You think I'm juzt zome dumb nanny. But in reality, I'm a part of an organization that helpz foalz of all ages and keepz them from turning mean and evil like you. I actually waz zent here to help ze daughter, and teach her to be kind. But I think that my planz have changed, it iz you who muzt learn to behave,” Her saddlebag opened with a pop, and Spoiled, now scared out of her mind, tried to leave the room. But she found the door locked.

“What’s going on?! What are you doing?! Let me out of here this instant!” Spoiled demanded, but her pleas only fell on deaf ears.

De’Foal dug through her bag and smiled. “Aw, I zink that I’ve found the perfect punizhment for you.”

Spoiled Rich tried smashing through the door with her body. But suddenly, she felt her body growing smaller and smaller. She turned around and stared in horror. De’Foal had a rattle and was shaking it vigorously. Reluctantly, Spoiled asked. “What’s that?” She gasped at how young sounding and high pitched her voice was, she sounded almost like her daughter.

De’Foal smiled at the rattle as she boasted. “Iz my own creation, called ‘Ze rattle of life’. I zhake it, and it will decreaze ze age of anypony I chooze by a year. And I chooze you, Zpoiled Rich. You muzt learn to grow up and behave properly, and I am juzt ze the pony to help you do it.”

Spoiled looked up at the rattle, which had an “8” on it. She shouted. “Don't you dare shake that rattle again, or I’m telling my husband! And I swear I will have you in prison!”

De’Foal only sighed, “Oh deary, I'll be long gone before he comez back. Bezidez, I waz going to leave you at thiz age, but clearly you need more time to grow up. What a zhame.” She shook the rattle a few more times, and Spoiled Rich shrank down even more, her pearl necklace was now drooping on the floor, and her earrings fell off.

Spoiled whimpered as she looked up at the rattle, which now said “4”. She looked up at De’Foal with puppy dog eyes and pleaded, “Please, I sowie. I pwomice I’ww be nice fowm now on. Just tuwn me back to nowmal and I pwomice to behave.”

De’Foal just sighed more. “Zorry, but ze time for apologiez have pazzed. If you can learn to rezpect your daughter, az zhe zs now older than you, than I will turn you back to normal.” She was going to put the rattle back into her saddlebag, but the toddler Spoiled Rich tackled De’Foal, making her fall back, the rattle being thrown from her grasp!

Spoiled reached out for the rattle as it hit the ground, shrinking her age to three. She lost balance on her hooves, and hit the rattle with her nose, making it fly in the air and shake again, making her two. She sat back on her rump as her body shrank, and she grew more pudgy. Then the rattle hit the ground with a thud.


Nanny De’Foal got up on her hooves, as she looked down at the foalified Spoiled Rich and sighed. “Oh dear, what a zhame you had to fight. Now look at you, you’ve zhrunken yourzelf down to the age of a toddler, an unpotty trained one at that,” Spoiled babbled angrily at De’Foal, but her words were lost as unintelligible gibberish, as De’Foal rolled her eyes. “Even at two you're ztill trying to act all high and mighty, when will you learn?” She came over to the rattle and carefully placed it back in her saddlebag. Then she looked at the foal before her, picked her up with magic, and taped her up in a big, white, poofy diaper, as she cooed. “Zorry to do this, zweetie, but you're a foal now. And all foalz must wear protection, can’t have you ztaining the carpet with your accidentz now can we?”

Spoiled started whining and yelling, flailing her hooves and kicking about, but only making the diaper crinkle audibly.

Just then, Randolph came in bursting into the room, shouting. “What’s going on?! Where’s all that crying coming from?!”

De’Foal looked up and smiled. “Oh Randolph, thank goodnezz you’re here.” She gave the foal she’d been holding to him with her magic.

Randolph stared at the foal wiggling about with her pudgy legs, she looked oddly familiar. He suddenly gasped and asked. “Dear Celestia! Is… is this Spoiled Rich?!” But before he could say or do anything else, De’Foal took out a pink, plastic wand and shot a beam at Randolph. He gasped, as his mind went blank!

“There, that should take care of the butler, and ensure Spoiled will be cared for,” De’Foal said to herself. “Now I muzt make myself zcarce before Diamond Tiara comez home. After all, zomepony will have to manage the store zo that Filthy Rich doezn’t zuzpect anything. Zpoiled certainly can’t do in her current ztate.” And with that, she departed.