• Published 5th May 2017
  • 3,140 Views, 102 Comments

A Spoiled Foal - Foal Star



Spoiled Rich is turned into a foal by a strange nanny with myseterious motives. Diamond Tiara finds her mom, and has to care for the mare in her new foalish state.

  • ...
9
 102
 3,140

Chapter 1 A Spoiled surprise!

(A few hours later)

It was after school, and Diamond Tiara was slowly walking back to her house, while thinking about her mom and what she would to do to Diamond when she came home. The pink coated filly was barely even paying attention to her friends, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle, as they were talking about cutie mark problems.

“Hey Diamond, what do you think? Want to join us?” Apple Bloom asked, but there was no reply. The farm filly asked again, this time a bit louder. “Diamond?...Diamond?” while she looked at and eyed Tiara carefully.

Both Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle looked at Diamond as well with looks of concern. They could see how downtrodden and worried Tiara appeared to be, and it didn’t take a genius to guess that something was wrong.

Sweetie Belle broke the silence, by going up to Diamond and asking her, “Hey Tiara, are you feeling okay?”

Tiara finally looked up at the Cutie Mark Crusaders giving her worried and confused looks. Knowing that she needed to say something, the filly gave a sheepish smile as she hastily replied, “What? Oh no, I’m fine. Just fine, no need for you to ask”


Apple Bloom eyed her friend as she commented, “Ya sure ‘bout that, you ain’t a good liar. Ya weren't really talkative during school today, which is strange considerin’ how much you still seem to love the sound of your own voice.”

Scootaloo nodded and added, “And you didn't even eat your lunch. Heck, you didn’t even let anypony eat with you. Come on, we're your friends now. Surely, you can tell us what’s bothering you, can’t you? Whatever it is, it can just stay between the four of us.”

But Diamond Tiara looked away and grumbled, “I don’t want to talk about it. I don’t but into your personal lives anymore, do I? So why do you care if I’m silent every once in awhile? Don’t you girls ever have days where you didn’t feel like talking?”

All three Crusaders just shrugged, their friend had a point. It was then that Sweetie Belle looked back at her best friends and whispered to them, “You two go on ahead, I’ll catch up later. Diamond never really did anything bad to me when we were enemies, so maybe she’ll feel more comfortable just talking to me.”

“Guess it’s worth a shot. And if ya find anythin’, let us now,” Apple Bloom replied. “Come on, Scootaloo! We’ve been shorthooved before and we can manage with one less crusader again!” And with that, the two fillies left Sweetie Belle to walk alone with Diamond Tiara.


Now alone, Sweetie Belle came over to Diamond Tiara and questioned innocently, “It’s your mom, isn’t it?”

Tiara started visibly shaking as she shouted, “My dad left me alone with her on a business trip, and the only protection he hired was some random nanny who speaks in a language I can barely understand! Mother’s going to make my life miserable, all because I stood up to her!” Then despite her best efforts, tears began to form in the fillies eyes. “Why can’t I just have a mother who loves me for who I am?!”

Sweetie gulped, now wishing she hadn’t asked. “That sounds really bad,” She said, while trying to think of how one could see a positive to it. “Maybe it won’t be so bad? Maybe your mom will just leave you with the nanny and you’ll have run of the mansion until your dad comes back?”

Diamond looked up and whimpered, “Fat chance, Mother’s not gonna pass up the opportunity she’s been waiting for. I'm frightened, she couldn’t do much with my dad around, but now that it’s just her... I don’t want to go home.”

Sweetie hugged her friend close to calm her down, as she suggested. “How about we go home together? I can even ask Rarity if it’s okay for you to stay for the week, or even ask my parents if they could watch you. I’m sure they’d be delighted, even if they’re a bit weird sometimes.”

Diamond found herself sorely tempted by the offer, before she realized she’d need permission from Spoiled to be able to do anything. So she reluctantly replied to Sweetie. “Thanks, but I don't think my mom would like that. It’s probably best if you just stay out of it. Whatever she’s planning on doing to me, I don’t want you or anypony else to get dragged into it as well. Why do you think I never told Silver Spoon about my mother despite all the years we’ve been friends?”

Not one to just take no for an answer, Sweetie persisted as she said seriously. “Come on, Diamond, you don't have to go through this! Talk to Twilight, please, or even Cheerilee! Somepony has to be able to do something! I can't stand seeing you like this. Please, do it for your friends, or at least for yourself! If you don’t, you may not get another chance.”

But alas, Diamond’s response was, “No, Sweetie Belle! I don’t want everypony to know about this! Besides, I doubt even Princess Twilight has the authority to stop my mother from doing Celestia knows what to me, when it’s just my word against hers! Please, just stay quiet and let me go home!” She then screamed, and ran off in tears.

Sweetie just looked at her pink coated friend with concern, unsure of what to say or do. “There’s gotta be something I can do to help Diamond Tiara get out of this situation. But what?!” She thought to herself, as she reluctantly set off to catch up to her fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders.


Diamond Tiara was now nearing her house, looking at it with dread and whimpering as she thought to herself. “Please let Mother be at the shop, please let Mother be at the shop!” She opened the front door, peered in, and what she heard surprised her. It was a foal’s giggle, or it sounded. Diamond was, needless to say, confused and surprised by this. “Wait, is that a foal I hear? Did the nanny bring an actual foal here? Doesn’t she know my Mother hasn’t changed a diaper since the day I was three, and has firmly said since then: ‘Rich ponies don’t do diapers, they are horribly uncouth!’?”

Tiara ran up the stairs, curious about the odd noises she was hearing. She turned to her parents bedroom, where she heard another giggle. Slowly moving her way towards the door, Tiara eased it open, and what she saw made her gape in awe! The bedroom was now a nursery, the entire room was painted pink with little pink carpet on the floor. There was a crib with a mobile resting off to one side, and the floor was covered in foal toys. In the back of the room, Randolph was changing a foal’s diaper on what was clearly a changing table, laughing and babbling all the while. “Who's’ the little stinker? You are, you are.” He teased, making the foal giggle and coo, as it flailed its legs in the air.

Tiara with wide, surprised eyes, immediately asked, “Randolph, what’s going on? Who the heck is that foal? And where’s Mother?”

Randolph turned with a smile, “Oh hello Mistress Tiara, it’s so wonderful to see you home from school already. If you’re worried about your mother, you needn't be. I was just changing Spoiled Rich’s stinky diaper. I must say, for such a prim and proper foal, she sure makes quite the the stink. I daresay, she’s more of a stinker than you were at this age.”

Diamond’s eyes only grew wider looking at the foal with a familiar grayish-pink coat and a three toned purple mane with two shades of magenta, and one shade of a darker hue, to say nothing of her opal colored eyes. Randolph turned back to the foal, powdering her rump and dressing her up in a fresh new diaper as Diamond whispered, “Th..that’s my mom? This diapered little foal?”

Randolph laughed heartily, “Oh yes indeed, can you believe it?! I just found her like this with all of these memories of how to care for foals. And I found this room changed into a nursery! I don’t know how or why this happened, but thank Celestia I was here! Otherwise, little Spoiled would’ve been sitting in a dirty diaper for quite some time, likely inquiring a most nasty rash in the process.”

Diamond was still completely astonished at how this had happened, there was no way this could be real. It all had to be some elaborate prank somehow, despite how much that foal looked like (and even sounded like) her mother. “So, my mom’s a foal?” She asked Randolph, still having a hard time accepting that such a thing could happen. “Her room turned into a nursery? And you somehow have learned to care for foals, despite the fact that Mother and Father took care of me for most of my foalhood, and all you did was change one or two diapers while I was being potty trained?”

Randolph nodded. “Yep, that's exactly what has happened.”

Diamond, in shock, shouted at Randolph. “And you're okay with all of this?!”

Randolph immediately shrugged in response. “Why wouldn’t I be? It's not like I did it if that’s what you’re thinking. Perish the thought, Mistress Diamond.”

“Randolph, why are you acting so Pinkie Pieish?! You’re not making any sense!” Tiara complained.

Randolph shrugged again and turned his attention back to Spoiled. He finished taping up the diaper, as Tiara shouted in frustration and ran off. Randolph put Spoiled Rich on his back and followed Diamond Tiara, who was walking back and forth while grumbling and shouting. When he saw the pink coated filly storm into her room and close the door, Randolph came up to it, and knocked as he asked. “Diamond, are you doing okay?”

From the other side of the door Diamond shouted back. “No, I'm not okay! My mom is a foal! And I have no idea what's going on or who could’ve done this! To say nothing of the fact the nanny Father hired isn’t here to explain any of this! If this is a joke Mother put you up to, you can tell her it’s not funny and she came come out of whatever hiding place she’s in and start being mean to me!”

Randolph giggled as he opened the door and asked Diamond. “Is that it? You still think this is a joke? I assure you, it’s as real as can be. Or do you need more convincing?”

Diamond eyed Randolph, and noticing the rather brod smile on his face she told him. “You really are different. The old Randolph, would have called the entire royal guard to find out who did this. So, who are you, and what have you done with the Randolph I know?”

Randolph sat down next to Diamond Tiara, sensing his young charge needed some talking to. He proceeded to ask her. “Well, sweetie, what if this is a good thing? I mean, your mother was quite cruel to you, nopony will deny that. I’d say she was overdue for karma to bite her on the butt, and it just so happend to take the form of turning her into a little foal. I'm sorry for not doing something to find out who could’ve done this, but foal or not Mistress Spoiled would kill me if I told a soul.”

Tiara sighed and whispered, “You know, Randolph, it's not your fault. But I have to admit, you are a lot perkier now. Whereas the last time I needed a favor from you, you seemed barely able to comply,” She then recalled how she had sweet talked her butler into performing acrobatics for all of Diamond’s classmates, and how she’d had to pay Randolph a month’s worth of allowance afterwards. Randolph smiled, as Spoiled started to whimper and command attention. Diamond Tiara looked at her mom scrunching her diaper, trying desperately to hide it. She gave the foal a confused look as she asked, “How did this happen to you?”

The foalified Spoiled started babbling and waving her hooves in the air, as if trying to tell a story. But Diamond Tiara just started laughing out loud, making Spoiled cross her hooves and turn her head in a humph like fashion. Diamond couldn't resist the look, she started to hug and kiss Spoiled, making the foal scrunch up her face and shout in protest.


It was then that Diamond heard, “Hey Diamond, you here?!” from downstairs. Tiara gasped as she jumped up, she realized who that voice belonged to. “That's Sweetie Belle!”

“Well dear, don’t just stand here. Go and greet her.” Randolph encouraged.

Diamond turned to Randolph and instructed. “Stay here and keep Spoiled quiet, please,” Randolph nodded, as he took Spoiled and plopped a giant pink pacifier in her mouth. Relieved to have that problem taken care of, Tiara ran downstairs and opened the front door.

Sweetie Belle was smiling as she happily greeted. “Diamond, oh thank Celestia! I was so worried about you!” Diamond looked around, then quickly dragged Sweetie into the house. And as Diamond closed and locked the door tight, Sweetie asked her. “Uh Diamond, what are you doing? And shouldn’t your mom or your butler be answering the door?”

Diamond nervously looked all around before she frantically whispered. “Sweetie Belle, can you keep a secret?” Sweetie (suspecting nothing) nodded slowly, as Tiara took a deep breath and said to her friend. “Alright, what I’m about to show you is going to be really weird. But you need to see this, otherwise you’ll think I’m crazy.”

“Why would I think that?” Sweetie asked, as was lead upstairs to Diamond’s bedroom, where she saw Randolph playing with a pale pink-coated foal. Sweetie Belle dawwed and cooed. “Aww, who’s the foal? A younger cousin or something?”

To the surprise of Sweetie, Diamond gulped as she nervously mumbled. “No. You’re not gonna believe this, but that's my mom.”

Sweetie immediately burst into fits of laughter at the sight, and as she was trying to catch her breath she replied. “Good one, Diamond! A foal’s your mom! You didn’t really think I’d buy that, did you?!”

Diamond growled in frustration “I'm serious, that's her! Look for yourself!” She told Sweetie.

Sweetie took a closer.look at the foal, who had placed her hooves over her eyes. Despite that, Sweetie could clearly see the familiar three shades of purple colored mane and tail. She gasped suddenly, and fell back in shock as she shouted. “That’s actually your mom?!”

Sweetie sat on her rump, as Diamond came up and nodded, “Yeah, can you believe it?”

Sweetie got up and came over to the foalified Spoiled in complete awe prodding her diaper. She eventually managed to squeak out “This is crazy! But how did she-”

Randolph interrupted, “-Like I told Diamond Tiara, I just found her like this and her room turned into a nursery. But she is just the most adorable little foal ever!” He nuzzled Spoiled and babbled, “Who’s the little cutie? You are! Yes you are, oh yes you are!”

Sweetie eyed Randolph and asked nervously, “Uh, Randolph, are you okay?”

Diamond whispered, “He’s been acting really weird since I came home.”

Both fillies turned to Randolph, who was now giving Spoiled Rich a raspberry on Diamond’s bed. Diamond turned to Randolph, and smiled as she asked, “Um, Randolph. I don’t mean to be rude, but can you take my mom, please? I need to talk to Sweetie Belle, alone.”

Randolph laughed, “Oh of course, dear. Besides, I think that little Spoiled Rich needs a bottle. Just holler if you need anything though, sweetie.” Spoiled squealed and started flailing about, but Randolph just placed her on his back and skipped out of the room.

Sweetie Belle waited until she couldn’t hear hoofsteps, before she burst into laughter and asked, “What was that all about?!”

Diamond shrugged, “I have no idea, as much as Randolph is a lot more cheerful now, he’s also not making sense. I’d swear this is still an elaborate prank, but everything seems and feels so real.”

Sweetie turned to Tiara as she looked up and said seriously, “Well, I know that the right thing to do now, would be to get Twilight, and hopefully have her fix this. Maybe even with some assistance from her student? I hear Starlight’s pretty skilled in magic. I mean, I know your mom is mean and all, but we can’t leave her as a foal, can we?”

But Diamond replied with a grin, “We will change her back eventually...but...not right now.”

Sweetie sighed, “Diamond...”

But Diamond simply replied, “Look, Sweetie Belle, just listen to me. If we do turn my mom back, she’ll no doubt be a hundred times worse to me. She’ll probably blame me for turning her into a foal, even though I couldn’t possibly have done it. But if we let her stay like this just for a few days, at least maybe just until my dad gets back, then we can figure out how to fix her. A few days as a foal should hopefully teach Mother a thing or two about humility.”

Sweetie looked away with uncertainty as she whispered, “I don’t know about this, Diamond..”

Diamond eyed Sweetie with a glare and grumbled, “You're going to tell, aren’t you?”

Feeling both threatened and guilty at the same time, Sweetie replied. “Fine, Diamond, I won’t tell, at least nopony besides Apple Bloom and Scootaloo, but I’ll make sure they keep it between the four of us.”

Diamond miled again and hugged her friend close, “Thanks, Sweetie Belle. You won’t regret this.”

Sweetie tried not to groan, she knew in her heart that keeping quiet about Spoiled’s condition was wrong. But she just couldn’t bring herself to betray the trust of her friend. “I just know we’re going to get into trouble for this.” She thought to herself. As the two fillies broke the embrace, Sweetie then asked, “So, do you think you know who did this?”

Diamond shrugged, “I have no idea. Maybe it could've been Discord?”

Sweetie shook her head, “No, he’s reformed now from what I know, he wouldn’t do something like this. At least, not without making sure we knew we had him to thank for it. Maybe we can get our friends to to go looking around town for some mysterious ponies or something?”

The pink coated filly pondered this idea, before she remembered something! “Wait, my dad did say he hired a nanny. But come to think of it, I haven't seen her all day.”

Sweetie snickered in reply, “Your dad hired a nanny? What, does he think you’re two years old or something?”

Diamond rolled her eyes and muttered. “Yeah, I told Dad I didn't need one. But he said she was nice, and that she used to foalsit him when he was younger.”

“Okay, Diamond, if I see any mysterious nannies lurking about, me or my fellow Cutie Mark Crusaders will be sure to contact you.” Sweetie chuckled slightly.

Diamond nodded, “Right,” Then something else dawned on her as well. “Oh yeah, one more thing. Since my mom’s a foal, that means there’s nopony working our family shop. I’m going to need you to go close it up, I certainly can’t just leave Mother in Randolph’s care now can I?”

“Okay, I guess I can do that.” Sweetie replied, sounding a bit unhappy.

Diamond hugged her friend again and in the best apologetic tone she could muster up she replied. “I’m sorry, ordinarily I wouldn’t put you through this, but under the current circumstances I hope you can understand why I’m asking you to do this.”

Sweetie lightly brushed Diamond aside, and fixed her mane as she told Tiara. “Hey, it’s alright. I’ll help you in anyway I can.”

Diamond smiled, “Thanks. And remember to keep this quiet. I mean, you can tell the other Crusaders. But I don’t want all of Ponyville…”

Sweetie laughed and interrupted as Tiara trailed off, “Right, don't worry. We’ll keep it from spreading, trust me. But...are you going to be okay taking care of your mom by yourself?”

Diamond nodded and explained, “For now at least, I think I can manage. Randolph seems to be a expert with foals now, and I can help out when I can. But, I wouldn't mind if you and the other crusaders came and hung out. It could be fun foalsitting with you three.”

Sweetie smiled. “Yeah, that does sound fun! But first I better go close up the shop like I promised.”

Diamond hugged Sweetie one more time as she happily said to her friend, “Thanks again, you’re the best!”

Sweetie hugged Diamond back and replied, “Don’t worry, I’ll be back soon, I promise.” She then ran down the stairs and out of the house, with Diamond sighing in relief as she smirked and thought to herself, “This is going to be great! A whole week with just the Crusaders and my mom as a foal! This is going to be the best week of my life! And after everything my mother’s put me through, I think nopony will object to me getting some enjoyment out of this situation!”