• Published 29th Apr 2017
  • 1,215 Views, 6 Comments

A Flash in Timber - The Blue Bandit



Flash Sentry never thought that he and Timber Spruce could become friends. Surprisingly Flash begins falling for Timber and he's shocked. When something happens to Flash, Timber helps him get through it and their connection grows even stronger.

  • ...
8
 6
 1,215

Chapter 3, Moonpenny Peak

Chapter 3, Moonpenny Peak

Flash had awoken early and he’d immediately prepared to go to Camp Everfree, as Timber had told him via text message that they’d have to start hiking early. He was certainly not ready for a hike, however he’d made a promise, he knew that promises should never be broken, even if he did want to sleep some more.

Timber was nowhere to be seen though. Flash stood waiting at the docks of the lake looking out at the beauty before him.

He glanced behind him at the spot where Sunset had first told him that he should get over Twilight, smiling to himself because he was finally getting over her. Flash heard the birds chirping cheerfully in the trees the tranquillity that was all around him made him feel cheerful . The temperature was mild, the temperature would be good to walk in.

Timber came out of a shed, seeing that Flash was by the docks, he grinned as he hadn’t been sure that Flash would come so early in the morning. He walked towards the docks, when he arrived he stood next to Flash, making his friend aware that he was there. The two were side by side, staring at the lake before them, taking in all of their surroundings, they were enjoying the peacefulness.

“It’s a really nice day.” Flash turned to look at Timber.

“Yeah, it’s really nice to see everything like this,” Timber said. “So I was thinking that we could go to Moonpenny Peak. It has a really nice view, but it is quite a long walk, are you ok with that?”

“I don’t mind.” Flash responded.

“Right then, let me grab my bag from the cabin and we can then start.” Timber ran slowly towards the cabin.

Flash waited for Timber’s return, once again gazing at the lake before him however his attention soon turned to something that was tapping his legs. He glanced down at the floor, he saw a white duck that was now waddling around him in circles. The duck stared at Flash, he decided to pick the duck up into his arms, the duck surprisingly allowing him to.

The duck seemed to enjoy being in Flash’s arms and it constantly made noises, it was as if the duck was trying to talk to him, this made Flash laugh as the duck somehow made him feel happier. Flash glanced at the duck with concern, he noticed a small hole that went through the duck’s left wing. He looked closely at the wing, it seemed like it had been treated but he felt sorry for the duck as it would have been painful before it had healed.

“I see you’ve found Trumpet, he’s such a nice duck.” Timber pointed out as he returned.

“What happened to him?” Flash stroked the duck.

“It was last year, we found him right by the lake, his wing had a bullet in it. We took him to the vets immediately and they managed to help him. He’s been here ever since.” Timber explained.

“Wow that’s such a bad experience for him, and you helped save him. Flash said.

Timber smiled at Flash. “Are you ready to start?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be!” He replied.

Timber walked in front, Flash followed closely behind, constantly glancing around at his surroundings, mostly at the back of Timber. They walked in what seemed like a straight line across the camp until they approached an opening in the trees which was the trail that they were going to follow on their hike. Both of them began walking quietly through the trail that went for miles, both of them kept an eye out for any animals that may come across their path.

The sun shone through the trees, it was bright however it was bearable as the trees served as a good barrier for their eyes except from the very few gaps. Timber smiled as he looked around, he wanted to be more normal but no matter what happened, he would always love the nature. Flash glanced around at the trees, the sights made him feel more connected to the world that was around him.

“So I’m guessing you do this often?” Flash stared at the back of Timber’s beautiful green hair as he continued to walk.

“Every now and again, it never gets old though.” Timber replied.

The two reached a point in the path that split up into two sections, which headed left and right. Timber led them to the path that was on the right, which made Flash aware that his friend knew where he was going. As they continued down the path they soon found themselves striding alongside a wide river that had a fast current. Timber stopped, he strangely placed his hand in the river, Flash stared at him curiously as he wondered what he was doing.

“The water’s running at a nice pace,” Timber said. “It’s very calming.”

“That’s interesting.” Flash put his hand in the water and understood what Timber meant.

The two stopped there for a short while, before they once again resumed their journey through the forest. It wasn’t as quiet as it had been a few minutes ago, more animals had been awaking and going about their business as normal and were moving around quite a bit. Timber looked directly ahead, constantly fearing that he’d lose the path, it was the fear that he always had while going out into the woods, however he’d never actually lost his way.

Flash stopped momentarily and glanced up at the sky where rain clouds had gathered above their heads, rain drops began to fall from them. Timber soon realised that Flash was looking up however at that point it was starting to rain more heavily than before, soon enough it was pouring down. The guys desperately wanted cover from the surprising shower of rain that they were caught in.

“Do you know where there’s shelter?” Flash asked.

“Not nearby, we’ll just have to continue and hope that the rain will stop soon.” Timber began walking in a slightly faster pace.

Flash followed Timber closely, hoping that the rain would soon stop and the sun would dry his now wet hair, he wished that he’d been sensible and brought a coat with him. As they continued walking through the forest, a mountain soon came into sight, that mountain was Moonpenny Peak, the location that they were going to. The rain continued to pour down except the two guys were slowly getting used to the rain, even though it was annoying.

“It’s so beautiful!” Flash said.

“Trust me, it’s much more beautiful when the sun is out and shining.” Timber responded.

They both looked up at the mountaintop for a minute, they then realised that the rain was started to come down less, which they were thankful for. With every step they took the mountain appeared to look smaller than Flash had originally thought it would be, it was still rather large though. Flash was beginning to get tired as they'd been walking for over an hour, this didn't go unnoticed by Timber.

“Hey do you want to take a break for a moment?” Timber stopped in his tracks. “I wouldn't mind if you did.”

“Well, I guess taking a small break wouldn't be harmful.” Flash replied.

Flash sat down against a large tree, Timber sat down nearby, the two stared at each other briefly before looking away again. Timber stared down at the ground, waiting for Flash to say that he was ready to begin walking to the peak once again. Flash rested, he gazed directly at Timber who didn’t know that he was being looked at, as Flash’s eyes were resting on Timber briefly felt a rush of warmth going through his body before he looked away.

“I’m alright now.” Flash pulled himself off the ground.

“You sure?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“It was a very short break, I’m ok if you want to stay a little while longer.”

“It’s alright, I’m ok now.”

“Alright then.”

Timber immediately stood up, he placed his bag on his back, he resumed walking, with Flash following closely behind. The two shortly arrived at a huge beautiful clearing, they were now minutes away from the foot of Moonpenny Peak. Flash and Timber walked side by side across a field of pretty flowers, they’d slowed down a bit to marvel at the spectacular scene that was all around them.

Flash could see a flock of doves flying high in the sky, a lone rabbit hopping around the field, there was also two squirrels scurrying towards the forest. The rain had officially stopped, the sun was once more out and shining much to the two’s delight, they momentarily stood and gazed up at the sky before resuming their trek. It was a few minutes before they reached the foot of the mountain, just as Flash had hoped there was a path that went up the peak, however it looked very hard to walk along.

“Well we’re here.” Timber pointed out. “Now we just have to get up there and you’ll see the awesome view.”

“Sounds great.” Flash went ahead for once, hoping that it wouldn’t be easier to walk along than it appeared to be.

Timber walked closely behind Flash, who was very eager to get to the top of the mountain and see the beauty that Timber had previously mentioned. Flash was walking faster by the second however he stopped in his tracks when he came across a dead-end where the path suddenly stopped. He was confused as he was halfway up the mountain, the view was not as good as Timber had said.

“You ready to climb?” Timber asked.

“Climb!” Flash said, surprised.

Timber pointed at a ledge that was above them. “Yeah we need to climb up to get to that and then we’ll be at the good spot.”

“It looks hard.” Flash responded.

“It’s not, trust me, it’s a tiny climb and I’ll be right beneath you so don’t be scared.” Timber’s charming smile put Flash at ease.

Flash felt unsafe, however he started off by putting his right foot into a gap in the wall, he pulled himself up before putting his left foot in a different gap. Timber stood there making sure that Flash was steady and ready to climb, as soon as Timber said that he was ready climb, Flash immediately did so. He continued to look straight up, scared that he’d fall if he’d glance below and see the ground which was really far down however he felt slightly safer knowing that Timber was making sure he was okay.

Timber followed Flash, he kept assuring his friend that he’d be fine and that it was only a small climb however it didn’t appear to be helping Flash relax. Flash was soon at the ledge which he pulled himself up on, he sighed in relief, he was glad that he’d managed to safely climb up to the ledge. Timber soon arrived on the edge, he once more took the lead around the corner where there was a massive clear space.

Flash gazed at the jaw dropping sight that was before him, there were hundreds of trees, big animals who looked tiny and there was much more. He was extremely happy that Timber had taken him here as he felt as if he never wanted to leave, he wanted to stare out at the vision before him for hours. Timber looked at Flash and grinned, he was happy that he could share this place with someone who appreciated the scenery as much as he did.

“Wow this is amazing!” Flash continued to glance around at his surroundings.

“I know, I just love it here. It’s a cool place to hang” Timber responded.

“I appreciate that you brought me here.” Flash said.

“It’s no problem.” Timber gazed out at the scenery.

The two were there for what seemed like hours, they sat in silence, they didn’t get bored of looking out before them. The guys eventually got up and started on the long trip back home leaving Moonpenny Peak behind, although the two knew how pretty it was and were sort of upset to leave it. Their friendship seemed to constantly grow whenever they were near each other, they were becoming great friends to each other, in such a short time.

Comments ( 1 )

hello...just wanted I have been reading this story since past two chapters. also gave an up vote on it. there's not a lot of male x male equestria girls stories or this pairing. I have a story plan to publish it's gay spike ship & a beautiful story. follow me if you want to.

Login or register to comment