• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 2,835 Views, 262 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years ago, Princess Celestia was forced to seal away her sister. Now, the old Elements of Harmony have awakened. However, new elements have begun to form. And a new legend is about to begin. ROCK THE DRAGON!

  • ...
14
 262
 2,835

Episode 8: Sleepover

It was a fairly uneventful day, and Burst and Inferno were hanging under a tree watching the clouds. "Huh. I almost took moments like these completely for granted. With all the exictement we've had in town, I barely realized how nice the quiet times can be."

"Man do I hear that.", Inferno said with a nod. "When I was on tour, we were constantly on the move. Heck! Some nights I'd barely have five minutes to scrape together for dinner! It was kind of fun performing in front of lots of fans." Inferno then sighed. "But...there's no room for a private life. No time for friends or relationships for that matter either. So to be honest, I'm glad I quit being a rock star. You're the first real friend I've had since my childhood."

Burst chuckled. "To be honest, you're the first best friend I've had. Back in Canterlot, I was at Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns. I hid my wings of course. But, I really couldn't get attached to anyone save for Twilight. But she was a total study nut back then! But ever since I moved here? I've gotten a sizeable amount of good friends. You. The girls. Ace. And Steel. But that brings up another issue."

"What's that?"

"We really haven't hung out that much. So how about a sleepover?"

Inferno shrugged. "Eh. Why not? Sounds like fun!"

"Count me in.", Steel said from a cloud.

Burst blinked. "Steel? When did you get here?"

"I've been on this cloud most of the day.", Steel answered. "Just drifting about and chilling. So where're we holding this thing?"

"My place I guess.", Burst said with a shrug. "I've got a DVD player, and two consoles. Plus a decent game library."

"Then let's grab Ace!", Inferno said with a smile. The three left to find Ace moving on his way. "Yo Ace! We're holding a sleepover at Burst's place! Wanna join up?"

"Sure! But we'd better move fast! We're due for a storm pretty soon." The sky then darkened. "And something tells me we'd better get a move on." The four friends then bolted for Burst's house! Fortunately, they arrived before the rain hit! "Man. They certainly outdid themselves this time.", Ace noted. "Rain's coming down pretty hard. So what's first on the activity list?" Burst went over to the table his TV sat on and pulled out some DVDs.

"Well there's movies. We've got Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Star Wars VII, Back to the Future, Jurrasic Park, The Avengers. I've got a pretty good film library. So which one should we watch?"

Steel shrugged. "Let's go with Force Awakens. I'm always down for a good lightsaber clash." Burst popped in the movie and got the popcorn and drinks ready while the trailers played. He made it just in time before the title crawl began. The guys watched every moment of the movie in awe.

"Gotta admit. Seeing a planet-sized weapon blow-up brings untold joy to people.", Burst said with a nod.

"And that THEME!", Inferno cheered! "Oh, the many times I covered that glorious theme on my electric guitar. Good times."

Ace scratched his chin. "Hey Burst? You go Smash Bros.?"

Burst smiled as he pulled the game out of his video game box. "I hope you like Melee." Burst powered up his Wii, and readied the controllers. "Alright guys. Do we pick a stage, or have a random one picked?"

"As long as it's not a stage like Mute City, I'm happy.", Inferno said witha shiver. As the guys played, Inferno brought up a good question. "Hey guys? Do you think the girl's are having as much fun as we are? Keeping in mind that they're probably doing different things than us."

Burst shrugged. "Probably. Knowing Twilight, she'll be consulting a book full of recorded activities. Hopefully, she won't let it dictate the whole thing. I saw Applejack and Rarity making a break for her library when the rain was about to hit. Considering those two are polar opposites, I'd say things might get eventful."

"What do you mean by that?", Inferno asked.

"Well Applejack likes to get her hands dirty and she doesn't sweat the small stuff. Rarity emphasises neatness and worrys over every little detail. That's a good quality for her line of work, but she applies it to every part of her life. She is a lady after all."

Inferno smiled. "Boy I'll say she is. She's one of the few women I can think of that's got inner beauty to match her outer beauty."

"I just hope she doesn't hate us for wrecking the gala.", Burst said with a chuckle. The group then finished up their gaming session. "Oh man! I forgot! What're you guys gonna do about sleeping arrangements? I've only got one guest room in my house."

"I'll crash on the floor.", Steel said with a shrug. "It's probably more comfortable than the barracks back at Canterlot."

"I got the couch.", Ace said with a small smile. "That means Inferno get the guest room."

Burst breathed a sigh of relief. "Not bad for my first sleepover. Considering none of us are sleepy yet, how about root beer floats? I got plenty of ice cream and soda."

"Serve 'em up!", the guys cheered. As the guys enjoyed their drinks, they brought up their plans for the gala.

"So. How're we gonna make the gala a REAL party?", Inferno asked with a grin.

Burst smirked. "Easy. First we switch-up the music. Steel. You get your elite guard buddies to prevent anyone from interfering. Second, we give a performance to end the night on a truly epic note! I know the perfect song to get everyone moving!" Burst then whispered the song he chose.

"...Sweet.", Steel said with a smile. "That'll get people really moving!"

"So what are our individual plans?", Ace asked. "Me? I'll just be hanging around. I can serve as a look-out."

"Me? I'm keeping an eye on Rarity.", Inferno said with a nod. "Let's just say the prince she interested in is anything but charming."

"I'll just be enjoying the nobles freaking out.", Steel said with a smirk. "It's gonna be priceless. So what about you Burst?"

"Me?" Burst smiled in thought. "I was thinking of showing Princess Celestia an actual good time at the gala. Well, here's to this crazy plan that's going to probably ge us banned from Canterlot." The guys toasted their floats! "I don't know about you guys, but I'm hitting the sack. G'night guys."

"Same for the rest of us.", Inferno said with a yawn. The guys headed to bed, and fell asleep awaiting the next morning. As they woke up, they noticed that Applejack and Rarity seemed to be getting along better. "Guess we're not the only ones that bonded."