• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 2,834 Views, 262 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years ago, Princess Celestia was forced to seal away her sister. Now, the old Elements of Harmony have awakened. However, new elements have begun to form. And a new legend is about to begin. ROCK THE DRAGON!

  • ...
14
 262
 2,834

Episode 21: Sparring Session

It was just another day in Ponyville save for Twilight and the other girls going off to help Applejack plant a tree in Appleossa. Guess I'll just be chilling at home. Burst thought. I've only been here almost two years, and so much has happened in such a short time. Burst finished breakfast and changed into his normal clothes. He noticed that he was out of clean shirts, and opted to just but his coat on. Note to self: Do laundry later on. Burst went out to check his mail box. Most of the letters were junk mail, but he happened upon another letter from Princess Celestia. Wonder what she wants this time? Burst opened the letter as he headed inside, and read it to himself. "Dear Burst Stream. Twilight's been informing me of the feats of you and your friends. That led me to do some thinking about the weapons you and your friends have discovered and wielded. I'd like to speak with you in person, so please come to Canterlot as soon as you can." Burst put the letter in one of his coat's pockets and equipped his Duelist Arms. "I guess I'm getting pretty popular." Burst said with a shrug as he flew off to Canterlot. Then again, it's not like I wouldn't mind seeing Celestia again. She's pretty chill for a princess. Burst then smiled as he thought of her. She's kind to everybody, and she cares a lot about her subjects. It's easy to love a person like her... Burst then shook his head to snap back to reality. Daydream another time Burst. Now? Focus on flying... Burst soon landed at the Canterlot castle and showed Celestia's letter to the guards, and was once again escorted to the throne room. However, he noticed Celestia had a new outfit on instead of her usual white dress. This time around, she was wearing white skin tight pants and black boots with a white tank top. She also had gold gauntlets on her forearms. In short, she looked more like she was ready for a fight. "So to what do I owe the pleasure of this summons Celestia?"

Celestia smiled at Burst, and noticed his lack of a shirt. "I see you decided on the look that you donned on our second encounter."

Burst chuckled. "Lost track of laundry. The bane of everyone's existence. Mine especially."

"I see you came equipped.", Celestia noted as she saw Burst's Duelist Arms. "Might I see one of them?" Burst handed her the sword and one of the blasters he carried around. "Hmmm. Just as I thought.", Celestia said with a nod. "I should've recognized Starswirl's handiwork."

"Starswirl's handiwork?", Burst asked. "You mean he made the Duelist Arms?"

"Yes. It was a project he told me about some time ago. He sealed the spirits of guardian monsters inside them. Making the weapons quite picky with who they choose as their wielders." Celestia smiled at Burst. "I'd say they've made excellent choices if you and your friends are anything to go by. Starswirl also mentioned that new elements would awaken alongside the Duelist Arms."

"Well, the monster spirits said me and my friends are the Elements of Heroism. I'm the Element of Power, Inferno's the Element of Potential, Ace is the Element of Wisdom, Steel's the Element of Honor, Ty's the Element of Tolerance, and Ice just awakened as the Element of Courage. All we're missing now is a bunch of robots that combine into a bigger robot, and we're officially super heroes." Burst said with a chuckle. "If you don't mind me asking, what's with the new outfit?"

Celestia giggled. "Burst. You didn't think I'd call you all the way over here just for me to look at your Duelist Arms, did you?"

Burst smiled. "Looks like this is going to be my second dance with royalty. Hope you've got a place that can handle me."

"This way." Celestia led Burst to an area that was grassy and unoccupied. "Is this a good place?"

"No people or animals nearby. It's perfect." Burst said with a smile as he drew one of his blasters and his sword. "Hope you don't plan on me going easy on you."

Celestia's hands glowed with the golden aura of her magic as she summoned a broad sword and a golden shield. "I'd feel insulted if you did." Both Burst and Celestia got into fighting stances. "Hope you don't mind, but I'll lead." Celestia flew towards Burst! She moved so gracefully, and so quick at the same time! Burst fired off a few shots from his blaster, but Celestia raised her shield to block them! Once she was close, Celestia swung at Burst with her sword! Burst leaped backwards over the blade and brought his own sword down only to be met with Celestia's shield! "You're pretty good.", Celestia said with a smile.

Burst smiled in return. "You've got some pretty sweet moves yourself." Burst broke away from Celestia. "Let's mix things up a bit shall we?" Burst charged the blade of his sword with magic, and fired out a light blue magic blast as he swung the blade! Celestia countered by powering up her own blade with her magic and firing a golden blast of her own! The two blasts cancelled each other out leaving a cloud of smoke in the process! Once the smoke cleared, Burst and Celestia charged at each other! Both of them had a smile on their face as they each countered the other's strike. With how fluidly they were moving and how close they got to each other, it was more like they were dancing than sparring with each other. Burst then got a new idea. "How about we ditch the weapons?" Burst set his Duelist Arms to the side.

Celestia set her sword and shield on the ground and smiled. "I could use the exercise." Both Burst and Celestia got into fighting stances. Burst started off with a kick that Celestia blocked with her arm. "You weren't kidding about being well-trained." Celestia punched at Burst, and he blocked with his arms! Burst then punched at Celestia, but she slid out of the way and attempted to break his footing with a sweep kick! "I guess it's my turn to step things up this time!" Celestia fired a blast of magic at Burst! Burst rolled out of the way and fired a hadouken! Celestia blocked it with a shield spell, but Burst closed the distance with a hurricane kick! Celestia glided with her wings to the side! Burst noticed her taking to the air, and executed a shoryuken to propel himself up and flapped his wings to pursue her and kicked in the air! Celestia flew out of the way and executed a kick of her own! Burst blocked it and pulled off a quick punch! Celestia dodged it and punched at Burst only to be blocked by Burst's arms! "You're certainly making this last Burst.", Celestia said with a smile.

"Glad to see that you're having just as much fun as me.", Burst said with a grin. "The only other people that've gone on this long against me were Nightmare Moon and Inferno. How about we finish this on the ground?" Burst and Celestia landed and grappled with each other. Both of them were pretty tired out from their sparring and Burst's legs started to give in as he and Celestia rolled along the ground. When they came to a stop, Celestia was right on top of Burst and their faces were pretty close. Celestia's ethereal hair brushed against Burst's cheek as he stared into her lovely violet eyes. and that lovely smile of hers. Celestia was also quite taken with Burst's sapphire orbs while she ran a hand along his exposed stomach. Their foreheads soon touched. "So...do you need help getting up Celestia?" Burst was taken away by how beautiful Celestia's voice was.

"No Burst. I'm quite enjoying the view I have..." Celestia almost brought their faces closer together when Luna came running and jumped into her arms! "Luna? What're you doing up?"

"I got bored sleeping.", Luna answered with a smile before flying over to Burst as he stood up. She then hugged him. "Hi Burst!"

"Is it me? Or is she getting taller?", Burst asked as he noted Luna's slight increase in height.

"Luna's been regaining her power over time.", Celestia said with a smile. "Soon she'll be back to her old self in no time."

"And I'll be able to use the Royal Canterlot Voice again!", Luna cheered.

Burst smiled as he tousseled Luna's hair. "If I'd known I'd be seeing Luna so soon, I'd have brought my DS for her to play with."

Luna blinked. "D...S...?"

"Oh. Right. You've been gone a while." Burst put a hand on Luna's shoulder. "There is so much I need to teach you. And it looks like I'll have to squeeze in an entire childhood in one hour." Burst took a deep breath. "Here we go..." Burst explained to Luna about video games, TV, and movies. Luna's eyes went wide with all the things she had to look forward to. "...And that's about it. " Luna smiled and let out a yawn. "Something tells me dream land's calling her name." Burst helped Celestia put Luna to bed. "Celestia?"

"Yes Burst?"

"Thanks for a fun time.", Burst said with a smile. Burst was then surprised when Celestia kissed him on the forehead!

Celestia smiled. "You too. I'll be seeing you soon."

Burst took off with a big smile on his face! Best. Day. EVER. As Burst went to sleep that night, he couldn't help but dream of Celestia. As for Celestia, Burst was a part of her dreams as well.