• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 2,834 Views, 262 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years ago, Princess Celestia was forced to seal away her sister. Now, the old Elements of Harmony have awakened. However, new elements have begun to form. And a new legend is about to begin. ROCK THE DRAGON!

  • ...
14
 262
 2,834

Episode 13: Fair Play

It was just another day in Ponyville. Steel was lazing about on a cloud looking down on the town. "Hard to believe that so much craziness can go on in a place like this." Steel got off the cloud and started to hover around town seeing how his friends were doing. Burst and Inferno were training Ace to get better with his Duelist Arms, and Ty was working over at Sweet Apple Acres. So far, it seemed like any other day. Then he caught sight of Rainbow Dash and Applejack getting ready. "Huh. Wonder what's going on?" Steel flew down and went over to Spike and Twilight. "You two know what's going on between those two?"

"Rainbow Dash and Applejack are having and Iron Athlete competition!", Spike said excitedly. "And I'm the announcer!"

"In that case, I should even the playing field." Steel went over to Rainbow Dash. "Hey Dash!"

"Yo Steel!", Rainbow Dash said with a grin. "Here to see me whoop Applejack's butt?"

Steel nodded. "I needed to see something fun today. So why not? I'll be in the stands." Steel made his way to the stands, and the competition was soon underway! Over time, the stands began to get more and more crowded to see Applejack and Rainbow Dash go at it! Looks like things are getting pretty heated. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were now tied-up. The next event was the long-jump. Applejack had scored a great distance with her jump, and Rainbow Dash was next! Rainbow Dash ran to the jump mark, and leaped forward! But as her jump was coming to an end, Rainbow Dash used her wings to increase her distance! Steel stood up! "STOP THE COMPETITION! STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Rainbow Dash was startled at Steel's outburst! Steel approached Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Needless to say, Rainbow Dash didn't know what Steel was going crazy over.

"What's the big idea Steel?!", Rainbow Dash demanded. "I was winning!"

Steel turned to Rainbow Dash with an ice cold glare that made her freeze in place. "That's the problem. You used your wings. You cheated. Does winning matter that much to you? You should be disqualified for what you pulled. What excuse do you have to say for yourself?" Rainbow Dash was frozen with shock, so she had no response. Steel's calm tone threw her off and made her feel so small. Steel sighed. "I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed in you. You may be the Element of Loyalty, but you have a lot to learn about playing fairly. Like any good athlete should." Steel then looked to Applejack. "Congratulations Aj. You won." And with that, Steel began to leave. But before leaving, Steel shot one last look at Rainbow Dash. ".....Find me if you're ready to own-up to your actions."

"Gee. Ah didn't think Steel had it in him to do that.", Applejack said. "Hey..you gonna be alright Rainbow?"

"I...I need to be alone for a bit...." Rainbow Dash left, and she had never felt so ashamed in her life. Man. I don't think anyone's EVER gotten that in my face before. And Steel just let me have it without even raising his voice! That's...kinda cool... Rainbow Dash then smiled. He's got guts like his namesake. Heck! Same goes for those eyes of his! So awesome when he stared me down! Rainbow Dash then looked at the ground in shame and sighed. And...he was right. I used a loophole in the rules. It wasn't all that different from cheating. Oh man! I'd have hated to see how that would've escalated! Rainbow Dash flew off to find Steel, and found him resting under a tree.

"I was wondering when you'd show up.", Steel said with his eyes still closed.

"Yeah. Well...AGH!" Rainbow Dash groaned. "YOU WERE RIGHT OKAY?!" Rainbow Dash breathed heavily after letting it all out. "It was a loophole...but it wasn't giving a fair chance against Applejack. What's good's winning a competition if it means losing a friend?"

"No good at all. Because there's no honor in it.", Steel said as he rose. "Athletes and Wonderbolts live with honor and loyalty, right?" Steel had a small smile on his face. "You'll make a fine Wonderbolt one day Rainbow Dash. Just make sure never to lose your honor. And don't let winning be the only thing that matters to you." Rainbow Dash teared up a little as she hugged Steel!

"Yeah. I guess I needed to be taken down a peg.", Rainbow Dash said with a small smile.

"And I'd be happier to take you on more than that." Steel then leaned towards Rainbow Dash's face., and gave her his most sincere gaze right in her eyes. "You free Saturday?" Rainbow Dash blushed!

"Y-Yeah! Ponyville Arcade! Noon! N-Not that this is a date!", Rainbow Dash flustered as she left for her cloud house.

Steel chuckled as Rainbow Dash left. MAN she's cute when she's flustered. Flustered Dash is cutest Dash.

After the Running of the Leaves...

Steel was waiting over by the finish line with the rest of his friends. Pinkie Pie and Spike were keeping track of Rainbow Dash and Applejack from the air as they kept trying to get past the other. All the while, Rainbow Dash had tied her wings behind her back. She went a little overboard, but at least she learned her lesson. That's what counts. Steel saw Rainbow Dash finish second in the running. Because that makes her a winner in my book. Steel went over to Rainbow Dash and patted her on the back. "Does a burger sound nice as a consolation prize?"

Rainbow Dash grinned. "Yeah. I think I burned off my last two meals with this run." Rainbow Dash blushed when Steel kissed her on the cheek! "W-What was that for?!"

"Isn't it obvious? That's your main prize for finishing the race.", Steel said with a wink. "But I believe in fair play. You wanna get even? Catch me!" And Steel took off running while Rainbow Dash struggled to untie the ropes that held her wings in place!

Rainbow Dash screamed as she flew after Steel! Darn it! WHY?! Why does he have to act so cool and collected?! "STEEEEEEEELLLLLL!" Rainbow Dash soon tackled Steel to the ground! "I got you now!" Steel smiled.

"Wrong." Steel then kissed Rainbow Dash on the lips! "I'm the one who has you." The rest of the Mane 6's jaws dropped, and the guys had looks of shock! They never thought they'd see the day when Rainbow Dash of all girls would be kissed! Let alone by someone whose attitude was her polar opposite! Rainbow Dash was speechless! "Mission accomplished.", Steel said with a grin as he got up. "How about I pay for lunch? Consider it amends for the kiss I stole." Steel chuckled as he noticed Rainbow Dash was still frozen with a blush on her face. "Was I really that good?"

"Sh-Shut up idiot!", Rainbow Dash stammered! "I...I got plenty of dudes lining up to lip-lock!"

Steel chuckled. "Heh heh! True. But I bet none of them have the guts to up and do it like me." Rainbow Dash just groaned as she walked with Steel. The two polished off their lunch no problem. "Better?"

"Yeah." Rainbow Dash then looked at Steel's face. "Hey. You've got a bit of milkshake on your face."

"Where?" Steel was surprised when Rainbow Dash kissed him! She has a smirk as she pulled out of it.

"NOW we're even for that stolen kiss!" Rainbow Dash walked off with a confident stride in her step. "Looks like I'm ther first person to surprise the captain of the Elite Guard!" All the while, Steel smiled lovingly.

"Well played Dash. Very well played."