• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 2,835 Views, 262 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years ago, Princess Celestia was forced to seal away her sister. Now, the old Elements of Harmony have awakened. However, new elements have begun to form. And a new legend is about to begin. ROCK THE DRAGON!

  • ...
14
 262
 2,835

Episode 23: Steel's Edge

Steel took a deep breath as he readied his blade, and closed his eyes. He then snapped his eyes open and struck at his target wildly! Each slash struck with devastating speed and force! Gotta get this move right!, Steel thought to himself as he struck the training dummy. Who knows when Night Terror's going to come and try to finish the job himself? Steel continued striking the dummy with all his might. We've only got a vague idea of how strong he is! Burst, Inferno, Ace, and Ice all have Duelist Arms. Ty's got his fists, but he's got a new technique that gives him ranged capability. Me? All I've got is a regular sword. So it's time to up my move list! Steel's arms fell as he panted in exhaustion. "Third time in a row I've botched this technique up.", Steel said with a sigh as he looked the dummy over. "No matter what I do, I can't seem to get the speed and power right! If I use too much speed, I wind up not doing much damage. And when I put too much force, I give up speed that could help me pull out of the technique quick. AGH!" Steel fell to the ground in frustration. "Maybe I should just call it quits..." Steel closed his eyes and decided to just let the sun hit him. That is, until a shadow came over him. Steel felt the absence of the sun hitting his face, and opened his eyes. Much to his surprise, he found Rainbow Dash standing over him!

"So what's got you so down in the dumps Steel?", Rainbow Dash asked with a playful smile.

Steel frowned. "Trying to do a new move with my sword. The problem being, I've messed it up every time!" Steel then sighed. "And there's no telling when Night Terror going to come and try to end things himself. All the other guys have special weapons or moves. Me? Heh. All I've got is specialized training and a hand-me-down sword from my family." Steel looked to his sword and tossed it away. "Compared to them, I don't get how being an elite guard captain is so special." Steel fell back to the ground again, but he found himself being pulled up by his tank top by Rainbow Dash! Rainbow Dash then promptly slapped Steel in the face! "OW!" Steel rubbed the left side of his face. "What was that for?!"

Rainbow Dash huffed in response. "C'mon dude! No way I'm letting my boyfriend be mopey about this! We're getting your mind off this stupid thing!" And Steel soon found himself being dragged by Rainbow Dash to Sugar Cube Corner. Rainbow Dash went up to the counter where Pinkie was waiting. "Milkshake. Chocolate.", Rainbow Dash said as she set the bits on the counter. Pinkie dashed away and came back with Rainbow Dash's order not a minute later. Steel grabbed a table and sat down as Rainbow Dash came over. "C'mon. Drink it. You'll feel a bit better. Trust me." Steel sighed and sipped on the milkshake. And surely enough, he smiled as he enjoyed the treat. Rainbow Dash smiled at seeing Steel. "You're cool and collected Steel. That's awesome." Rainbow Dash's smile soon faded as she placed one of her hands on one of Steel's hands. "What isn't awesome is you taking things too seriously. Sure. Night Terror is still out there. But working yourself to the bone isn't going to make you any stronger if he decides to show up at that moment." Steel looked deep into Rainbow's pink eyes, and saw the concern in them. "I wanna get into the Wonderbolts, but I'm not gonna completely exhaust myself just for the sake of one trick. Why do you think I nap so much?" Rainbow Dash had a smile on her face once again. "You might be out of the armor, but you still need to loosen up Steel."

Steel smiled as he brought his face closer to Rainbow Dash's. "Thanks Dash. I needed that."

"Although...you were pretty cute lying down like that.", Rainbow Dash said with a smirk. Steel's wings flared out as he blushed for the first time in his life! Steel could handle a lot of things. Monsters, enemy soldiers, snooty nobles. But women complimenting him like this? This was a battlefield of life he'd never learned. Rainbow Dash continued to savor Steel's reaction as she brought their faces closer and kissed him. "Looks like I've caught you off-guard again."

Steel chuckled. "True. But then again, I don't mind you surprising me like that." Steel then smirked. "So does this count as our first date?" Rainbow Dash blushed lightly at hearing this.

"Only if you remember to chill out more often.", Rainbow Dash said with a small smile. "And to be an awesome boyfriend."

Steel smiled as he went in for another kiss. "I don't think I'll have any trouble with that..." As the two shared a kiss for once, Pinkie looked on with a big smile, and pulled out a notebook titled: Ships of My Friends. Pinkie nodded in approval as she scribbled in Rainbow Dash and Steel's names in the notebook and put it away. "You know? I think I know where I really went wrong with that new move."

Rainbow Dash tilted her head in interest. "Really? How'd you mess it up?"

"Simple.", Steel said with a smile. "I may have had a calm face, but my mind was a panicking mess. Can't believe I forgot one of the essential lessons. Always calm your mind in the midst of chaos. No way I'm getting anything done if my mind's all stressed-out, and panicky. This is just what I needed. And it's all thanks to my awesome girlfriend."

Rainbow Dash basked in Steel's compliment. "Care to show off?" Steel's smile gave her all the answers she needed.

Nightmare Forces' Fortress...

Night Terror watched a figure before him slash away at what little forces he had. Its blades tore through nightmare creatures like butter. She's the best sword user in our forces. Dread Titan and Executor. I sent out my biggest soldiers. Time to unleash my deadliest. "That shall be all for your demonstration." The female nightmare creature wearing dull grey armor, pale blue eyes, black hair, and dark grey skin walked up to Night Terror and bowed. "Fear Saber. You are the last of my best soldiers. Go to Ponyville, and destroy the Elements of Heroism. The Elements of Harmony, I shall handle myself." Fear Saber nodded before rising.

"My blades have cut down many an adversary Lord Night Terror. But I shall take great pleasure in eliminating the swordsman among their group. I wonder how long he can last against me?", Fear Saber said with a savage grin as she licked the blade of her sword before walking through the nearby portal. Meanwhile, Steel was about to show off his new move. But suddenly, Steel felt a chill in the air and heard the faint sound of an object whistling through the air! Steel grabbed Rainbow Dash!

"DOWN!" Steel and Rainbow Dash hit the deck just in time as a bladed boomerang flew over their heads! Steel's eyes widened as he spotted the serrated edge along the blade! Finishing its arc, the bladed boomerang returned to its owner. Fear Saber clapped as she approached the two. Steel glared at Fear Saber as he stood up. "Judging by your looks, I'd say you're rolling with the Nightmare Forces."

Fear Saber smirked at Steel's analysis. "Correct. I am called Fear Saber. Greatest sword wielder of the Nightmare Forces! The only wielder to be exact. I made sure to eliminate any competition I had." Fear Saber then licked the blade of her main sword. A curved blade with teeth on one side. "I wonder...how sweet will your defeat taste?" Steel's gaze hardened in disgust.

"So you would take out your own comrades to secure your position?", Steel asked with anger visible in his voice despite his calm exterior. "Just hearing you say that makes me sick." Steel readied his sword and shield. "I'm also pretty ticked you attacked us out of the blue." Steel's eyes were burnign with fury at the honorless actions of Fear Saber.

Fear Saber simply giggled at Steel's words. "Honor? How foolish. All that matters in our ranks is victory. And the means..." Fear Saber flung her blade boomerang at Steel! "...ARE IRRELEVANT!" Steel raised his shield to block the boomerang, but Fear Saber took the chance to charge at him and hit him in the gut with the hilt of her sword! She then snapped her fingers to trap Rainbow Dash in a bubble! "You're mine soldier boy!" Fear Saber began a savage dance of blades as Steel struggled to block with his own sword and shield! Steel found himself bracing against Fear Saber's sword with both his sword and shield since she brought her blade down with such great force! As Steel was trying to keep her sword from inching any closer, Fear Saber sneered. Flicking her wrist, a blade emerged from her arm and she slashed at Steel's stomach! Steel saw the blade with the sunlight glinting on it! Steel jumped back just in time, but the blade made a cut in his tank top!

"You've never heard of a fair fight have you?", Steel growled as he readied his weapons.

Fear Saber still held a sneer on her face. "As I told you. All that matters in our ranks is victory. And if you thought that was cheating..." Fear Saber let out a dark giggle. "Let me show you my real cheat move!" Fear Saber sheathed her sword, and summoned daggers from her cape! "Blade Storm!" A stream of daggers were sent flying at Steel! Steel raised his shield to block them, but the constant stream forced him to his knees! Rainbow Dash watched in horror as Steel was slowly overwhelmed by the onslaught!

"You witch!", Rainbow Dash screamed. "Fight him like an honorable opponent!"

Fear Saber simply giggled at Rainbow Dash's anger. "It's cute that you care so much for this boy." She then turned her gaze to Steel. "I've had fun. But now it's time to put an end to this little game." Fear Saber snapped her fingers and the daggers then swirled around Steel forming a spiral of blades! "Blade Tornado!" Steel's eyes went wide as he stood at the center of a hurricane of razor sharp daggers! The blades came at him from all sides! And with his current arsenal, he couldn't block every dagger that flew at him! Steel winced as the daggers he couldn't block cut him! Fear Saber smiled at seeing Steel struggle against the wind made of razors. "I think I'll have some more fun with you before I finish you." Fear Saber ceased the daggers cutting at Steel and simply watched Steel be still. "You must be wondering when I'll strike you again. Will you be torn to pieces by this hurricane of blades, cut to ribbons by my main blade, or maybe I'll let the storm shred you after I get in a good slash?" Fear Saber licked the blade of her main sword again. "I always savor the taste of my opponent's fear before I cut them down." As Fear Saber toyed with him, Steel was fcoused on where he was. The calm center of the hurrican of blades. Steel took a deep breath and set his shield down and raising his sword in a meditative stance. As Steel closed his eyes, he saw a figure before him. The spirit of a warrior.

"I have been waiting for you Steel. Element of Honor.", the warrior said with a small smile. "I am the Black Luster Soldier. I see the art of the sword has stayed ever sharp among my descendants."

Steel bowed. "Thank you for your kind words. But...what are you doing here?"

"The time has come to awaken your power. As most of your friends have done. Remember. Even the raging storm of chaos is orderly and tranquil at its core. Harness the chaos to bring about order and justice. Farewell my descendant!" And with that, the spirit of Black Luster Soldier faded away. Steel kept up a steady, calm breath as he focused. Back in the real world, Steel's saber glowed with a cobalt aura! In a flash of light, Steel's sword and shield transformed into their true Duelist Arm forms! Steel's sword became a large, two-handled golden sword while his shield had changed in shape and had a large red gem in its center! Steel snapped his eyes open, and leaped above the hurricane of blades that surrounded him! He then dove down with his wings and slashed at Fear Saber while she was in shock! While Fear Saber was stunned, Steel unleashed his new move! "OMNISLASH!" Steel unleashed s flurry of slashes that struck with great speed and devastating power! He also slashed at Fear Saber from every side! Just when it seemed like Steel was finished, he leaped into the air and brought his sword down! Fear Saber raised her sword in desperation to try and block it, but Steel's blade broke through and slashed her down the middle! Steel slowly sheathed his sword. "True victories..." Steel then fully sheathed his blade. "...Are made complete with honor." Fear Saber exploded in a burst of light! Steel looked to Rainbow Dash with a smile. "Enjoy the show?" Rainbow Dash ran up to Steel as soon as the bubble she was trapped in faded, and gave him a tight hug!

"I was on the edge of my seat.", Rainbow Dash said with teary eyes. "That final move was awesome!" Rainbow the loosened her grip. "But first? We'd better get you fixed up." Rainbow Dash helped Steel walk to the hospital. "Sooo, do you think I could get my own Duelist Arm?"

Steel chuckled. "I think they're in short supply. But who knows? Maybe you will sometime down the road. I know you'll make it 20% cooler just by wielding it.", Steel said with a smile before wincing. "Maybe I should avoid laughing until I'm patched up." As soon as they got to the hosptial, Steel was treated for his cuts and was on his way with Rainbow Dash. "Hey Dash? You mind crashing at my place until morning? Someone's gotta make sure I don't strain myself too much."

Rainbow Dash gave Steel a flirty smile. "No problem." Steel lie down on the couch while his head rested in Rainbow Dash's lap. "Looks like you've got the right idea." Rainbow Dash shared a kiss before yawning. "Thanks for an awesome first date Steel."

"Same goes for you Rainbow Dash." The two drifted off to sleep with Rainbow Dash putting her arms over Steel.