• Published 22nd Apr 2017
  • 2,835 Views, 262 Comments

Elements of Heroism: Season 1 - Bahamut0



A thousand years ago, Princess Celestia was forced to seal away her sister. Now, the old Elements of Harmony have awakened. However, new elements have begun to form. And a new legend is about to begin. ROCK THE DRAGON!

  • ...
14
 262
 2,835

Episode 22: It's Under Control

It started as any other day for Tyrannus. He woke up, got changed. The usual routine. Except for the fact that there was brunch for Princess Celestia going on. Good thing I'm skipping out on breakfast today. Tyrannus then noticed Fluttershy's rabbit running in through the door carrying a watch. Uh-oh. Tyrannus then scooped up Fluttershy. "Come on! We should be able to make it to Sugar Cube Corner if I go at top speed!" And he took off like there was no tomorrow! Fluttershy held on for deal life. She would have told Tyrannus that she planned on flying, but decided to go with it because they were almost there. Tyrannus skidded to a halt leaving skid marks as he came to a full stop. "Phew! That would've been bad..." Tyrannus then looked down at the guards who were quaking due to his height. "I believe we're on the list?" The guards nodded shakily and stepped aside to let them in. Fluttershy then unlatched herself from Tyrannus's back and went to chat with her friends. Tyrannus noticed the guys and walked over. "Hey everyone! Had to bolt full speed just to get here on time! So what's up?"

"Not much.", Burst said with shrug. "Considering I've met with Princess Celestia a few times before. She already knows Steel, so we introduced Ace, Inferno, and Ice to her. Maybe you can go up with Fluttershy?"

"Sounds like a good idea.", Tyrannus said with a smile. He then noticed Fluttershy walking around with Twilight. "Say...did Twilight freak out over how casual you guys were with the princess?"

Ice chuckled. "Trust me dude. She was screaming on the inside! I don't know why she's so uptight."

"Well she is the personal pupil of Princess Celestia.", Ace noted. "That'd explain a lot."

Inferno laughed. "Yeah! Like she'd expell Twilight just because of the manners of her friends! That girl needs to loosen up a bit more!"

"Trust me. She used to be WAY worse.", Burst said with a sigh. "I remember when she first showed up here, she tried to avoid everybody and shut herself in her room while Pinkie threw her a welcome party. Considering she's worry about her friends, that's a major improvement." The guys then noticed Pinkie Pie bouncing around. "Then again...it's not like her insecurities are unwarranted." They then noticed Pinkie rush up to the princess and almost snatch the cupcake she was going to eat right out of her hands! "...Okay. Never get between Pinkie and any form of sweet." Burst then noticed the Cakes were attending to the princess. And he couldn't help but chuckle when he saw them refill her tea cup for every sip she took. She even did a fake-out, which had Burst cracking up. "She just keeps giving me reasons to like her." Tyrannus noticed things were going well and decided to go over to Fluttershy.

"Hi Fluttershy.", Tyrannus said with a smile before bowing a little to the princess. "Pleased to meet you your highness."

Celestia smiled warmly at the two. "You as well. So who's your friend Fluttershy?"

"His name is Tyrannus Thunder. But we all call him Ty for short.", Fluttershy said with a small smile. "He's been living with me for a while, and we've gotten...close." Fluttershy blushed remembering her first kiss with Tyrannus.

"I understand for Twilight's letters you enjoy tending to the needs of woodland creatures.", Celestia said with a smile.

Tyrannus chuckled. "I can vouch for that. Her cottage is usually full of animals that she takes care of. Heck, I've even seen her work with a bear no problem. "

Fluttershy beamed. "Oh, yes. I love to take care of animals!"

"As do I. As princess, I care deeply about all creatures great and small. Nothing means more to me than the well being of all my subjects." Tyrannus and Fluttershy were trying to focus on the princess, but were having trouble when they heard coughing and wheezing from a bird cage near her. They also were surprised when a sickly-looking bird hovered into view and landed on a perch. "Ah! Philomena, me pet. You're awake. Do say hello to our gracious hosts." Philomena just hacked in response.

"Um, if you don't mind me asking your majesty, just what kind of bird is that?", Tyrannus asked.

Celestia looked to her pet. "She is quite a sight isn't she?

Fluttershy looked at Philomena nervously. "Oh...I've...never seen anything like her..." Tyrannus noticed Fluttershy's concern, and an idea came to him.

"Princess? Since Fluttershy's good with animals, could she borrow your pet so she can help make it better? She's not looking so good. If it's not too much trouble, of course." Fluttershy was shocked at hearing this, but was relieved when Celestia nodded in approval. "Thank you, your highness." Tyrannus and Fluttershy bowed before picking up Philomena. Fluttershy held on tightly. "Feeling any better?"

Fluttershy nodded. "Yes. Now I can get to work making sure this creature gets nice and healthy for Princess Celestia."

"I think I'll do some reading up on what type of bird she is.", Tyrannus said with a nod. "Just so we know what we're working with." Once they were back inside, Tyrannus opened up a book while Fluttershy set to work tending to Philomena. Hm. No birds that match her current description. Maybe she's just at point in her life cycle? As Tyrannus read, Fluttershy was going back and forth trying to make Philomena comfortable. One moment her temperature was high, the next she was freezing!

"Oh, this is far worse than I thought!", Fluttershy panicked. "What you need is some medicine! Stat!" Fluttershy then set a pill on a plate in front of Philomena. "Here you go. This will fix you right up." Philomena sniffed the pill, and recoiled! Fluttershy then buried the pill in bird seed and Philomena pecked away at it! However, the pill was still untouched! Tyrannus was still reading while this was going on. He looked up to see Fluttershy's efforts in getting Philomena well, and also took note of the numerous failed attempts. "Don't worry! I know lots of other ways to take care of you! You're going to get better! How about..." And from there, Fluttershy tried aroma therapy, a warm bath, ointment, and even surgically replacing Philomena's feathers. Sadly, none of those methods seemed to have any effect. "Oh, Philomena. I've tried everything I know to try and make you better. And now look at you. You're worse than ever." She then heard knocking on the door, and Twilight came in.

"Hi Fluttershy! How's...Oh." Twilight looked Philomena over. "She doesn't look much better than when you took her in."

"Oh, I've tried everything I know!" Fluttershy sighed. "But nothing's working."

And Twilight promptly freaked out. "Oh..this isn't good! Do you know what the princess would do if she found out you failed? She might banish you! Or throw you in a dungeon!! Or throw you in a dungeon in the place she banishes you to!"

Tyrannus looked up from his book and smiled. "Twilight? I think you're freaking out over nothing. As for our friend Philomena, she'll be just fine. In fact, what's about to come next is completely natural for her species."

Fluttershy and Twilight blinked before asking. "What are you talking about?"

"Set her down." Fluttershy set Philomena down, and Tyrannus stepped in front and knelt down. "Three...two...one..." And with a final cough that caused the last of her feathers to fall off, Philomena burst into flames leaving nothing but ash! "There we go." Fluttershy and Twilight's jaws dropped in horror. "Now before you two freak out, I'd like to mention that this is natural for her. Come on. We'd better get this to the princess." Tyrannus scooped up the ashes in his hands. "It's all under control. Trust me." Twilight and Fluttershy followed Tyrannus nervously as they went over to the town square where Princess Celestia was waiting. "Hello your majesty.", Tyrannus said with a bow as he set the pile of ashes on the ground. "Well, here's Philomena." Fluttershy panicked when the princess leaned down to inspect the ashes.

"I'm sorry! It's all my fault!", Fluttershy pleaded. "I really wanted to help the poor thing, but I guess I wasn't ready to handle a royal pet."

Celestia crouched down to the pile of ashes and smiled. "Oh, stop fooling around Philomena! You're scaring everybody." The pile of ashes began to swirl around, and a magnificent bird formed from the ashes! Twilight and Fluttershy were in awe while Tyrannus simply smiled.

"She really is quite the sight.", Tyrannus said with a nod as he looked to Fluttershy. "I told you it was natural for her."

Fluttershy was reasonably confused. "I...I don't understand...What happened to Philomena?"

"This is Philomena.", Celestia said with a smile. "She's quite a sight as I said. But nothing unusual for a phoenix. Isn't that right Philomena?" Philomena cawed happily at Celestia.

"A...phoenix?"

"A phoenix is a majestic and magical bird.", Celestia explained. "While happy and healthy most of the time, every so often it must renew itself by shedding all its feathers and bursting into flame. A little malodramatic if you ask me. It then renews itself from its ashes fresh as a daisy. But I'm afraid mischievous little Philomena here took the opportunity to have some fun with you. Say you're sorry young lady." Philomena craned her head towards Fluttershy, and nuzzled her.

"That's okay. I guess I should've asked what kind of bird she was first.", Fluttershy said with a smile. Everyone shared a laugh. Fluttershy let out a yawn and soon found Tyrannus hoisting her onto his shoulders.

"Time for me to take care of you now.", Tyrannus said as he carried Fluttershy home and set her on the couch.

"Ty?", Fluttershy asked.

"Yeah?"

"Could...you take a nap with me?", Fluttershy asked as her face was flushed pink with her blushing. Tyrannus smiled as he lie down on the couch with her and put his arms around her. Fluttershy was even more surprised when he shared a kiss with her. She then smiled as she nuzzled her head against his chest and fell asleep.