• Published 27th Apr 2017
  • 1,717 Views, 17 Comments

A HEART-warming TAIL - PirateCattheShipper



When Trixie's wagon breaks down in the snow and she has nowhere to go but freeze inside, somepony very special to her steps in

  • ...
3
 17
 1,717

Love You to Death

Trixie's legs wobbled and her jaws quivered as she held the knife tightly between her jaws. Yet, as she was diving for her chest, something heavy--almost like a body--slammed against her door.

Now starting to feel feverish, Trixie trembled even harder and held the knife up once again. But this time she was cut off by something she'd never expected.

Icicles clinging to her bristling fur and eyes wide like moons, the whites flashing, Starlight barrelled into Trixie's wagon, hitting her head hard against the wall on accident. Then, sitting up on her haunches with stars dancing around her head, Starlight realized what Trixie was about to do and thrust herself on top of the Illusionist.

"No, Trix, stop!! You can't do that!!" She hollered, alarm shuddering through her repeatedly. Her blood turned to ice and tears welled up in her round eyes, which were now crazed with fear as she picked up the knife with her magic and teleported it somewhere far away, where nopony would dare set hoof in.

"Starlight? Is it really you, or am I just dreaming?" Trixie asked, her voice small and high-pitched. Her jaws were parted as she frowned and tears swelled in her magenta eyes, of which her pupils were thinned out more than usual. A lump rubbed against her throat, arching its back in sorrow.

"Yes, Trixie. It's really me. And you aren't. . .dead." Starlight nuzzled into Trixie's ruff, her tears being absorbed by coarse blue fur. Cold blue fur. Like, really cold. That just made Starlight cry even harder, her shoulders shaking and her gasps turning to wails of emotion.

"Whyever did you run away?! You had me so"--she paused to sniff--"worried! I-I-" Starlight broke off as a wave of tears crashed into her and she started gasping for breath once again.

Trixie gently ran a shaking hoof across Starlight's shoulder, her eyes clouded with tears that refused to fall. Her frown was shuddering on her muzzle and, seeing Starlight cry, it finally provoked her tears to slip out and fall down her cheeks.

"I love you. . ." Trixie mumbled, bringing the forehoof that wasn't caressing Starlight closer to her chest and looking away at the wooden boards lining up on her floor.

"What was that?"

Another inaudible mumble.

"Trixie! Now is no time for silly games!"

"I love you, okay?!" Trixie's hackles rose and she got, fast as lighting, to her hooves, of which were quivering. "That's why I came out here!" She threw a forearm in the air, her eyes slanted in anger. "I came all the way out here to get you this!" Using her pink aura of magic, Trixie drew the neatly wrapped present to Starlight hooves--she'd recently stood up as well.

"What?" Starlight whispered, utterly bewildered. She transferred her magic to the present Trixie had handed to her, staring at it. Not opening it--staring at it.

"It was a Hearthswarming gift for you. I spent pretty much all of my money on it, plus the wrapping paper. . ." Trixie sheepishly rubbed a foreleg over her other foreleg.

Starlight's cheeks lit up red and blocked the unrelenting cold that battered her fur. Tears clogged the corners of her eyes and a fresh wave came forth, tipping her cheek-fur with ice.

"Oh, Trixie. . ." She breathed, her heart fluttering in her chest. "You know what I think?"

Trixie sniffed and rubbed her face with a forehoof. "That I'm a crazy filly fooler and you knew it all along!" Her voice was strained through the lump in her throat and the tears streaming down her face and blurring her vision. "And you're just going to leave me here to die because you don't care about me and you never did!" Having so many painful emotions that she didn't even know what to do anymore, Trixie raced to the back of her wagon, bawling, and hid underneath her bed.

Starlight's heart moldered and dismay battled with dread inside of her, sloshing her insides so she felt sick and weak. Her mouth quivered with the attempt to not cry--maybe even harder than Trixie was.

"No, no, Trixie! You know I love you! I've been acting weird around you lately because I was ashamed. . .I thought that there was something wrong with me!" Starlight jabbed a forehoof into her chest, eyes blazing with emotion.

"S-so you, you were a-ash-shamed bec-cause you loved Trixie?" Trixie's voice scraped heavily across her throat and she stressed ove making her voice loud enough for Starlight to hear. Not that she even wants to. . .

"No, because you were a mare. Well," Starlight itched at the back of her head. "I, like, y'see. . ."

"It's weird liking a pony with marehood and you've never done it before?"

"Yes, I suppose." Starlight tottered over to Trixie on shaking hooves. She kissed her friend on the ear delicately and said; "I'm glad you love me, too."

"If I even do." Trixie rolled her eyes.

"What?" A frown so heavy it parted her jaws set on Starlight's face and one of her hooves trembled over her heart.

"Just joking, heheh. . ." Trixie covered up quickly, scrunching her muzzle briefly. Yet, the room filled with silence, all except for the chaos blending like a smoothie outside. Speaking of which, it seemed to have calmed down. . .

The silence pressed down hard on both Unicorns' ears and Trixie's heart was beating so fast she felt as though it would burst. Starlight's was also beating fast, but she held the nerve to keep herself calm.

Finally, their eyes met. And all of a sudden the silence was replaced by an admirational tension sparking between both mares, of which both ponies felt extremely awkward to be in the midst of it. After all, the longest connection Starlight had ever had with a pony would be her old village she'd enslaved, but she'd never fallen in love there. Instead, she'd had a small crush on Sunburst, and that'd increased when she had finally reunited with him for one of Twilight's friendship lessons.

But then, all of those thoughts would be pushed aside when she met Trixie Lulamoon, the mare she wished that she could spend the rest of her days with; the mare that was always there for her; the mare that cared no matter what, and it always ended with an "I love you. I always will." The only thing was that Starlight, or maybe even Trixie, had been meaning that toward the strong friendship they'd woven together through the moons.

What about Trixie? Well, she'd been proven more than once to be a snobby Unicorn who was so self-absorbed that she couldn't see the outcome of her actions. Twilight hadn't trusted her until she literally saved Equestria. How would Twilight react to her and Starlight's relationship? That was a question that often entered her wondering mind. She was so lucky to have a friend like Starlight, who was her first and also only friend. Well, unless the mane 6 and Spike were considered her friends.

But none of that mattered. The only friend she really, truly cared about was Starlight. Starlight Glimmer, the love of her pitiful life that nopony but her seemed to care about.

And all of that was the reason why Trixie's courage skimmed her heart, of which was already in a layer of unrelenting love, causing her to lean in and give Starlight a sweet kiss on the lips.

Trixie pulled back before Starlight had the chance to fully react, but for some odd reason there was no tension in the air. Just the warm, fuzzy feelings that seemed to push away the cold weather outside and even inside.

"When will you open my gift?" Trixie persisted, her tail lifting in anticipation and her haunches only skimming the ground.

"Whenever you want me to," Starlight's voice was like a mother cat rasping her tongue comfortingly on her kitten's head. "Which I suppose it right now." She giggled, folding her magic around the prettily wrapped present. It was medium sized, so it could be anything.

Narrowing her eyes, which were shining with bubbly light, Starlight gingerly unfolded the ribbons and carefully took off the wrapping paper to reveal a cardboard box.

Hooves shaking with anticipation, Starlight teleported a knife to her and cut open the edges of the box. Then, she teleported the knife back to wherever it was. Trixie recognized the spell from her magic duel with Twilight.

Slowly, while biting her lip, Starlight uncovered the box, her heart slamming against her ribs. But what she saw made her leap into the air with unimaginable joy, tears flying from her eyes as she squealed continuously and jumped up and down.

She whisked the kite up to her chest and folded her forearms around it, squeezing it tightly. "Thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!" Elation spreading through her body and giving strength to her limbs, Starlight hugged Trixie even harder than the blue mare had hugged her after she'd turned a salt shaker to a teacup.

"It was the Great and Powerful Trixie's absolute pleasure." Came the fond reply, though it was strained from the pressure of Starlight's hug. Trixie pushed Starlight away softly and the blushing mare scratched her head as she stepped back unevenly, her cheeks lit up red with joy and a smile still taking over most of her face.

Then she looked outside at the weather--which had fortunately calmed down like a female dog coming out of the intense trance of being in heat--and her buoyant smile was replaced with a solemn frown. Starlight lifted a forehoof in thought and her eyebrows creased, coming into view (seeing as normally you can't see them on anypony). Warily she stalked over to the window of Trixie's wagon and peered out intensely, now tapping her fuzzy chin with a bootied hoof. Contemplating what to do--and possibly a spell to cast--Starlight muttered under her breath, her ears twisting back but not flattening. Then, suddenly, an idea struck her;

Starlight gasped, her lips upturning, and hollered; "I could cast a spell to fix your wheel! Rarity taught me it a while ago, and it's still fresh in my mind!!" Rearing up so that she stood on her hind hooves, Starlight emitted an excited neigh and churned her forehooves in the air. Gusto rushing inside of her that she found a solution, Starlight galloped out the door as one of her booties fell off and stood before Trixie's stuck wheel, her legs spread apart and her head bowing slightly as white rings traced over the darker pink-purple ones lining her horn. She gritted her teeth in frustration, as this was not only a spell not only Rarity had taught her, but as a spell she had been taught by Rarity that she added an abandoned, unfinished spell by Starswirl the Bearded to. Completing the spell on her own, Starlight had created a spell that allowed a pony to fix an object but at the same time make it so that a thousand years could pass with out it even having a small crack in it.

Growling with the effort, Starlight shot a beam of magic at the wheel, and it shook, powerful magic noises uttering as Starlight's spell worked it's magic and the wheel would soon be fixed. The powerful Unicorn's fur quivered and her hooves--all of them bootied except for one--dug into the thick snow underhoof.

Eventually Trixie found her way outside of her Wagon, and concern brimmed in her purple eyes as she trotted out beside Starlight, shaking intensely at the icy cold. She parted her jaws to say something but quickly shut them as she observed Starlight, who's brow was furrowed harshly and her eyes were narrow slits that twitched in concentration.

Yet, finally, Starlight had finished the spell, and she gushed out a gasp-like moan as she collapsed onto the soft bed of snow beneath her.

Quickly, Trixie skittered to Starlight's aid, placing a gentle--yet shaking--hoof on Starlight's back and rubbing it comfortingly. Luckily, this eased the stress exuding into Starlight's brain, and she felt her racing heart slow the smallest bit and, as Trixie took her hoof away, cold pierced her spine and made her fur fluff up.

"L-let's get you back to Twilight's castle." Starlight stuttered as she wobbily got to her hooves. "Your wheel will be fixed till way after you die, so we don't have to worry about that."

"Er, Starlight?" Trixie had discombobulation dripping like thick honey from her high-pitched voice. "You might wanna put your horn in some snow or something. . ."

Starlight hadn't realized the scorching fire feeling that stung her horn, and finally she realized that smoke was radiating from the tip and red was spread down it. Alarm bolting through her, Starlight whipped her head down and plunged her horn into the snow, looking like an Ostrich.

Trixie watched, biting her lip, as the snow around Starlight's horn melted away and the beautiful mare swung her head back up, water trickling down it. Then she breathed a sigh of relief as she glanced at her marefriend's horn and found that it looked normal.

"Alright," Starlight exclaimed. "Let's get you home."

Comments ( 2 )

This was a very touching story. I wish we would have gotten to see Starlight tell Twilight 'I told you so' and Twilight's reaction to Trixie dating her student. I don't know why I was not notified that this story was updated.:pinkiecrazy:

8307348

Aw!! Thank you so so much for the support!:twilightsmile::heart:

And yes, I'm sure she will do that :rainbowlaugh:

And after I finish An Alternate Nightmare I just might do that...Like a better version of Starlight's Confessions :rainbowlaugh:

Login or register to comment