• Published 12th Jul 2012
  • 1,329 Views, 10 Comments

The Doctor Versus the Night - Jacker



The Doctor must stop an old enemy of Equestria from altering the timeline.

  • ...
1
 10
 1,329

The Doctor's Followers

"Toothbrush," Spike said sternly.

"Check!" Twilight replied.

"Box of cupcakes."

"Check!"

"Volumes 1-10 of The Complete History of Equestria."

"Check!"

"Checklist and quills."

"Check and check!"

"Checker board - wait wah?" Spike raised an eyebrow.

"Check." Twilight then shrugged. "The Doctor says it takes a bit of time to time travel."

Spike's eyebrows raised. "Uhh.... I can't be the only one confused by that."

Twilight sighed. "We'll be travelling through something called the time vortex, and it takes a bit of time to arrive in another point in time."

Spike's face went deadpan. "Words are fun, aren't they?"

Twilight grinned sheepishly.

"Righto! Are you all packed and ready my lavender friend?" The Doctor said, swinging open the door of the library with a cheery grin.

Twilight through him a silly salute complete with smile, standing near a few suitcases and a cooler filled with various necessities. "Ready as ever, Doctor!"

He nodded and then turned towards the purple dragon near her. "Are you sure you don't want to come along? Plenty of room in the TARDIS."

Spike through an appreciative smile at that. "Thanks, Doctor, but isn't often I get to house sit." He then rubbed his hands together evily.

Twilight threw him a smirk. "We'll be taking the tub of icecream with us, Spike."

"What?! NOOOOOO!" Spike cried.

Twilight shrugged. "The Doctor really likes the taste."

Spike threw the last Time Lord a look that screamed, 'expect reprisals in the near future.'

The Doctor sweatdropped while simpering.

Twilight then coughed politely to break the tension. "Doctor, you never did mention why we can't arrive EXACTLY back before we left."

The Doctor shrugged. "It seems the differences of this universe's time matrix are so drastic that the TARDIS' navigational sensors and propulsion systems can't account for the change in variables."

Twilight nodded. Spike threw him a confused look.

"Wibbly wobbly timey-wimy stuff," The Doctor added.

Spike nodded with an 'ah' of total complete understanding, most definitely.

"Anyway, to the TARDIS!" Doctor announced, leading Twilight to the door. Twilight lifted her suitcases and ice-chest towards her with telekinesis.

"Bye Spike, take good care of the place!" Twilight said cheerfully. Spike threw her a hurt look which she guessed was due to a lack of ice cream in his near future. "I bought you a smaller tub of ice cream in the big one's place! It's the special 'Dragon's Delight' the Cake's make just for you."

"T-The one with blue gems in it?" Spike said, his eyes widening like a foal's on Heart Warming Eve's morning.

Twilight nodded with a smile.

Spike nearly collapsed with joy. With a tear in his eyes he looked upon Twilight and sobbed happily, "T-Thank you."

With that, the two made their way outside, Twilight in a happy motor-mouth spasm with the Doctor nodding absent-mindedly.

"So I was thinking that we should visit Ancient Canterlot first. Oooooh, maybe then we can visit Prance during its Industrial Revolution. Maybe Ancient Zebrica after that, nobody knows how those pyramids-"

She was stopped when she caught herself from nearly running into Rarity.

"Twilight, dearest, I can't believe you weren't going to stop by and say goodbye before your big time-travelling escapade!" Rarity said dramatically.

"I-uh... we'll only be gone for a few days," Twilight simpered.

"A few days to see Equestria's history!" Rainbow Dash said. "Even I think that's kind of cool, and I'm totally no egghead."

Applejack grinned at that. "Is that why you seem to go through a Daring Do novel a day?"

"Hey!" Rainbow Dash said, turning towards her and obviously desperately trying to think of a good comeback. Unable to do so, the ever-so-riviting "Shut up!" was used as a desperate last-minute replacement.

Applejack chuckled.

"D-Doctor," Fluttershy squeaked. "You'll take good care of Twilight, won't you?"

The Doctor smiled at the shy pony. "She'll be back as good as a new."

"Do you PINKIE-PROMISE?!" Pinkie beamed, leaping in front of the Doctor with a single scrutinizing open eye.

The Doctor sweatdropped for the millionth time. "Er-Yes. I Pinkie promise."

Rarity was next to speak. "Doctor, dearest. Before you go, I have a gift for you." She levitated a dark green bow-tie out of her saddlebag, obviously meant to replace his purple one. "I believe this will look a bit better with your brown suit."

The Doctor nodded with a thankful and slightly impressed smile before accepting the gift. Twilight was glad he noticed her friend's nack for detail. She hoped one day he would come to appreciate all of their strengths and invite them aboard his TARDIS to journey through time.

"If you want, you're all welcome to see us off," Twilight invited, the Doctor throwing her a slightly precarious look at that.

"Totally!"

"Sounds good to me."

"Ooooh! Ooooh! Can we? Can we!?'

And with that, the seven made their way away from the Treehouse.

Spike, in the meantime, had gotten into the freezer. He smiled upon the gem-filled icecream with the eyes of a madman, dragon... whatever.

"It's mine!" He cackled, an ecstasy-filled grin filling his face. "My ooownnnn..." he oozed, beginning to stroke it affectionately, "The preciiiousss..."

The ice cream tub sweatdropped, despite the impossibilities of that statement.


Everfree forest was its usual Everfree self, filled with the noise of a thousand animals and uncontrollable weather that for some reason made the ponies feel unnerved. The Doctor shrugged at this. He supposed they must have never gotten out of their home nation much where the weather did whatever the heck it wanted, much like on... well some planets really in his home universe, it depended on if they were advanced enough to have weather control technology.

"So long everyon- pony!" the Doctor said, correcting himself quickly, waving to the five ponies who had gathered outside the TARDIS, him and Twilight standing in front of its door.

"Bye Doctor! Bye Twilight! By TARDIC!" Pinkie said waving ecstatically.

It was TARDIS. TARDIS! TARDIS! AGGGGGGGH.

"Er Pinkie, it's TARDIS," Twilight said with a sheepish grin, noticing the Doctor's somewhat-perfectionist induced anguish he was poorly attempting to hide.

"Oooooh! Bye TARDIS!"

The Doctor smiled at that. Yes! She was learning. She was actually learning! Today was a beautiful day. A wondrous magical filled day filled with a working TARDIS and crazy time-travelling shenanigans.

Hm. Shenanigans. He really liked that word.

"Don't get into too many shenanigans out there, will ya?" Applejack said. The Doctor knew what she was really trying to say, 'please don't fuck- er damnit 'buck' with history.'

He then blinked.

Wait, did she just say shenanigans?!

YEEEAHHHHH!

"Yeah! You're not going to screw up history, right?" Rainbow Dash said nervously.

"No! Of course not," the Doctor reassured her.

He was totally lying.

"Definitely not. I'm sure the Doctor knows what he's doing," Twilight added.

She was probably totally lying too.

"You uh, know what you're doing, right?" She whispered to him.

"Yup yup, I'm a knowing machine!" The Doctor said, pulling on the door to the TARDIS only to find it was met to be pushed inward.

He knew that. Definitely.

The entire group of ponies looked at him incredulously. Yes, even Pinkie Pie.

"Well uhhhhh," he said, backing into his time travelling box. "See you all in a few days!"

Twilight smiled with a nervous chuckle before following him inside. "Uhhhh... bye everypony!" The door slammed shut.

Applejack turned to Rarity, a deadpan look on her face. "We're all going to end up looking like seaponies in a few days, aren't we?"

Rarity nodded. "Oh most definitely."

"I want to be a seapony!" Fluttershy squeaked.

The group watched in awe as the TARDIS whirred to life, flashed in and out of existence, and then disappeared entirely. A few feet away another entity watched as well. Caligo of Nox looked upon the TARDIS with a hint of envy and disdain. However, as soon as it left she felt a new presence nearby. It wasn't the Doctor but it was... similar.


A flash of light emanated from deep within Everfree. A Earth pony, a brown male with a short brown mane and a sword for a cutie mark wearing golden battle armor, a red-mane beauty with a tan Pegasus for a smiling apple for a cutie mark, and a female tan Unicorn with curly orange hair and a... well a gun for a cutie mark appeared out of nowhere. Immediately after appearing, all three's eyes widened so large that it would appear they were no longer on their faces.

"Wah-!"

"What the-"

"Oh blood hell..."

"Where did these ponies coming from?!" all three exclaimed in unison, looking upon each other before saying, again together, "Wait, I'm a pony?!" They then looked upon themselves with horror. "Oh for the love of god!"

After a moment of losing their minds to what had transpired, all three began to calm down.

The Earth pony turned to the Unicorn. "Uhhh... I'm guessing you're River Song?"

"And is that you, Rory?" The Pegasus asked the Earth pony.

"Amy?!" Rory managed to gasp. He then turned to River Song, an annoyed expression on his face. "Uhhh, River Song, any explanation to why we're talking ponies?"

River Song did the pony equivalent of a shrug. "I'm not sure. I've changed forms before but... well, this is just ridiculous. She then brought a hoof up to examine it curiously.

"You're sure that that rift was well.. an interdimensional rift and not some sort of Dalek ponification... thing?" Rory asked.

River Song narrowed her eye in annoyance. "Yes, I'm sure it was an interdimensional rift."

Rory opened his mouth again-

"Yes, I'm sure the Doctor came here."

He then turned back towards Amy, examining her wings. "Amy... you have uh... wings!"

Amy's eyes widened as she turned about to look at them. "Woah! That's really bloody weird." She then proceeded to flap them with a bemused smirk on her face.

Rory then opened his mouth yet again-

"No Rory, I don't know why I get wings and you're stuck without them."

How the bloody hell did she know he was going to say that?! Why did all women have to have psychic powers? Well, at least he seemed to have his cool Roman Centurion armor on... only it had been... ponified?

Rory then turned back towards River Song, "Is that a... horn on your head?"

River Song blinked before moving a hoof up to it. "Well, isn't that strange." She then squinted in curiosity before moving a hoof towards her hind quarters. She sighed in relief as her hoof touched the familiar holster of the plasma pistol she always carried about.

"So wait... if we were turned into ponies when coming here that means..."

"The Doctor's a pony too?!" Amy finished. She then burst into laughter, with Rory and Riversong joining her. "Oh lord, if I could have seen the look on his face! I can't wait to see what he looks like!"

"If we can find him," Rory noted, gazing about his surroundings. "These forests look pretty vast and I'm feeling a bit...." He then yawned, feeling a bit dizzy afterward.

Amy yawned as well. "I'm feeling it too..."

All three collapsed onto the forest floor. Caligo, curious as to their presence made their way over to them, River Song being of particular interest to her. She felt... like the Doctor, though not completely like him. There was definitely something special about this one, and she was definitely going to find out what.

Comments ( 4 )

i sense evil intentions here. Bad juju man

OH BUCK YES!

Dear lord man I can't wait to see where this is going. River is best crossover pony.

How long must I wait for "Hello Sweetie"?

For Great Justice!

I WANT MORE

I was expecting the Master to appear (though he's dead) but this?! That is unexpected...:derpyderp2:

Login or register to comment