• Published 31st Aug 2012
  • 674 Views, 7 Comments

Resonance and Subversion - PhysicalSound



Musical time travel to make the perfect song.

  • ...
2
 7
 674

You idiot...

Vinyl and Octavia froze. They locked eyes, and Vinyl knew they were thinking the same thing. What they hay has this stallion been smoking? Then Vinyl opened her mouth and let out a loud;
"What the buck are you talking about?"
He smiled sheepishly.
"I thought you might react like that..."
"Well, I usually do when somepony feeds me such a load of crap!" Vinyl yelled. She looked frustrated. "I have to hoof it to ya, I actually believed you for a second."
"Very good! That's what I was hoping for!" He said, beaming.
Octavia shook her head.
"Look, Doctor, where is you proof of you being... A... Time Lord? And, what did you say about not always being a pony?"
Vinyl looked amazed.
"You're actually buying into this crap?"
Octavia shrugged.
"Well, it could be true. We just need proof. Prove it to me and Vinyl, Doctor."
"This stallion is hardly a Doctor, Tavi! In fact, I think he needs to see one!"
"Actually, I can regenerate quite well--"
"I mean a psychiatrist!"
"Oh no, I am really quite healthy, mentally."
"Says the colt who thinks he is a Lord of Time! And who thinks that you can be something other than a pony!"
"Well, it is possible to be something else. Just not in this dimension."
"There you go again!" Vinyl looked very agitated now. Octavia got up and rubbed her shoulder.
"Vinyl, calm down. Doctor, you have yet to show us proof."
"Why should I? I would have thought you would believe the truth." He looked confused now. "Do you need more than that?"
"Oh, for Celestia's sake, just hurry up if you have something!" Octavia's calm demeanour was finally broken as she shouted at The Doctor.
"Well... alright. Hm... I'm guessing you ponies only have one heart?" Both Vinyl and Octavia did a double take at this topic change.
"What the hay does that have to do with anything?" Vinyl asked.
"Well, I can prove that I wasn't always a pony."
"How?"
He walked over to the both of them, and gestured to his sides.
"Just listen."
With some hesitation, Vinyl and Octavia put their head on his sides.
"I can hear your heart beating." Vinyl said, a frown on her face.
Octavia gasped.
"Me too... But... what does this mean?"
"It means I'm not a regular pony." The Doctor said, a smirk on his face.
Vinyl and Octavia stood up.
"Fine, we believe you. You weren't born a pony. But, if you weren't always a pony, what were you?"
He sighed.
"Do you know what humans are?"
"You mean those creatures Lyra Heartstrings is always talking about? What about them?"
"Well, I used to... Well, not be one, but I had the appearance of one. It's a little hard to explain, actually."
"Well, why are you a pony now?" Octavia asked, always wanting information.
"That's the question, innit?"
“Look... Doctor... Maybe we can help you get back to where you came from? How did you get here?” Octavia asked.
“Well, you haven’t by any chance seen the TARDIS, have you?”
“What in the hay is the TARDIS?” Vinyl asked, still annoyed with the Doctor.
“Well, it has the appearance of a large blue telephone box.”
“Wait, WHAT?” Octavia yelled. Vinyl looked at her in surprise, as Octavia was usually quiet, and calm.
“That’s the same thing that knocked me out!”
“Ah, good! Then you’ll remember where it is!” The Doctor looked excited now. “And I’ll get to go back to my own dimension!”
“But... What? How could a telephone box do that?” Vinyl asked.
“Oh no, it just looks like a telephone box. Can we go and find it now?” Octavia nodded weakly and slid off of her chair.
“Come on, I’ll take you to where I remember seeing you land it.”
As they walked out of the kitchen, Octavia heard a cry of surprise from the Doctor, and stumbled to the side as he ran past her, to the hat rack by the door. He looked at it with fascination.
“Is that... A fez, by any chance?” Octavia laughed and said;
“Yes, Vinyl got that on our first date, actually.” Vinyl blushed and said;
“Why does it matter so much to you?”
“Could I wear it? Fez’s are cool.” He then proceeded to try and climb the hat rack, to try and get the fez. Vinyl sighed and yanked him down, then used her magic to levitate it to him. He grabbed it and put it on his head, a proud smile on his face.
“Well, let’s get moving then.” He opened the door, and walked out. Then he walked right back in and said;
“Wait, where are we going?” Octavia sighed and walked out past him, gesturing to him to follow her.
The four of them walked through the quiet Ponyville streets in silence, until they found the blue box that had knocked Octavia out. The Doctor ran up to it, and hugged it.
“There you are!” Vinyl grabbed him again, and pulled him away from it.
“So, what is this thing?”
“Well, it’s a device for traveling through time.” Vinyl winced as she heard this, but then she just sighed, and said;
“Okay then. After what’s been happening, it’s not the hardest thing to believe. So, we can go to any time, forward or backward?”
“Well, yes!”
Vinyl’s eyes widened as she realised what this meant.
“I can see how my career turns out! Or I can meet the original creator of Dubtrot... Or...” She smiled and ran inside the TARDIS, which caused The Doctor to shoot up and run in after her.
“Wait! You don’t know what you’re doing!” Octavia sighed and followed him, who in turn was followed by a smiling Derpy. Inside, Vinyl was standing at a strange dashboard, laughing like a filly in a candy store.
“So many buttons! Which should I press first? Oh hay, I’ll press them all!” With this, she slammed her front hooves onto it, pressing almost every button on the panel. There was a large jolt and a crash as she did this, and The Doctor’s eyes widened.
“Oh no. What did you just do?”
“Hm?” Vinyl replied, grinning like a loon.
“You may have just killed us. I have no idea where we’re going to end up now! We could come out anywhere! Great job!"

The Doctor threw the fez at Vinyl, smacking her in the face.

"Why you..."

Vinyl tackled The Doctor, and the 2 went flying , crashing into another panel and snapping it in half.

They both screamed.

"SON OF A-"

the TARDIS then erupted into a hurricane of black electricity as it disappeared from existence.

Comments ( 2 )

good from this, nothing can come.:derpytongue2:

ohhahahahaha yeah...

no more updates?

Login or register to comment