• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 5,730 Views, 90 Comments

Dragon Ball Super: Equestrian Chronicles - The Saiyan



Goku and Vegeta find themselves in Equestria in hopes of becoming stronger thanks to Whis. Can they learn the magic of friendship or will Vegeta go insane?

  • ...
10
 90
 5,730

Enemies Again?! Goku vs Vegeta: Round 2!

Vegeta smirked while folding his arms, "It may not be the power of a Super Saiyan God, but it will be enough to eliminate you." he boasted, putting his hands to his sides. His dark aura grew, covering his entire body while his eyes blinked red.

Goku frowned, pushing himself forward, "Ha!" he reared his fist back and punched Vegeta, the Saiyan prince using his elbow to block the attack with ease. "Grah!" yelled Goku, spinning his lower body to drive his foot to Vegeta's side, hitting his side. The Saiyan managed to hit Vegeta with his elbow directly to his face, making him hover back in pain.

Vegeta held his nose and wiped the blood off of it, "You got lucky, Kakarot. Now bear witness to the might of a Super Saiyan 3!"

Goku narrowed his eyes even more, ready for whatever Vegeta was going to throw at him. The Saiyan prince lunged himself towards Goku, going in for a right hook. Goku predicted the attack and stretched his palm out, holding Vegeta's fist in it. "What?" gasped Vegeta, trying to push his arm forward. He moved his other hand out, but Goku managed to grab it swiftly as well.

"You're inexperienced." Goku stated sternly.

Vegeta gritted his teeth and shouted, "Screw you!"

Screaming at the top of his lungs, Vegeta charged his Ki and watched as Goku released his fists from his grip. The Saiyans both charged their energy, intending to fight all out. Once they were ready, Goku yelled and flew towards Vegeta, seeing the new Super Saiyan 3 move his fist directly towards his stomach. Once the prince's fist collided with Goku's stomach, he coughed out. "Ah!" Vegeta smirked, satisfied that he landed a blow on his hated rival.

In response, Goku spun his body, kicking Vegeta in the back. The dark energy fueled Saiyan growled. "Damn it!" and so, he opened his palm, charging a small Ki blast meant to catch his rival offguard. Goku's eyes widened upon seeing the small glowing orb of energy in Vegeta's hand, but he was unable to react. "Ha! Eat dirt, Kakarot!" he mocked, seeing the smoke from the blast fade.

However, a blur shot out of there, a fist smacking Vegeta directly in the face. The Super Saiyan 3 backflipped in the air at the sheer force of Goku's punch. Goku continued his assault by driving his right arm downward once he dashed after the Saiyan prince. "Hah!" he screamed, punching Vegeta so hard, he landed in the garden.

Vegeta's landing created a small crater, "Curses..." he growled, picking himself up.

While Vegeta was flying up, Goku managed to transform into a Super Saiyan, blocking his rival's fist from coming towards his face. The Super Saiyan 3's jaw was surprised, "H-How? This form is supposed to be stronger!"

"I told you. You're inexperienced with the amount of Ki your harnessing and exerting in this battle." Goku revealed. "Just end this, Vegeta. I don't want to hurt you too bad." he said.

"I don't need experience to finally kill you!" Vegeta snarled, aiming a Ki blast to Goku's chest. The Super Saiyan was caught off guard and was slightly launched back, his blue shirt burnt. "This form will suffice in what I want."

Goku glared at Vegeta, the dark powered Saiyan prince readying another attack. Deciding to get an advantage, Goku used Instant Transmission, teleporting behind Vegeta. "What?" gasped Vegeta, spinning his body around to attack, but Goku held up his wrist, blocking the prince's leg with ease.

Vegeta growled and headbutted Goku, making the Saiyan reel back in pain, "Ah!" he screamed, taking a punch to the gut while stunned. The Super Saiyan 3 smirked, kicking Goku's side, throwing him aside. "V-Vegeta!"

"This power... I missed it." Vegeta whispered, curling his palms into fists in glee, "I haven't felt like this in forever! Ha!"

Goku charged forward, but as he leaped to kick, Vegeta swerved his body to the side, grabbing hold of his leg, "I told you the power of a Super Saiyan 3 was too much for you." he bragged. The Saiyan extended a palm and directed a Ki blast to Vegeta's face, covering his face in a bright light long enough to get the upper hand before his rival could react again. Goku grunted and moved his free leg so that it collided with Vegeta's cheek. "This isn't even a fair fight! What's the fun if you're not at full power?"

"Grah!" screamed the prince, his dark aura growing in power. Vegeta wiped his face, "You think that'll be enough, Kakarot? Do you not remember our first battle?"

Using Instant Transmission, Goku in front of Vegeta and tried to punch him, but the Saiyan Prince held his fist in his own palm and did it again when Goku raised his free arm, "I bested you before. It took the help of your young son and the short one in order to so much as weaken me!" he boasted, kneeing the low-class warrior, causing him to spit, "Ha! Perhaps history will repeat itself!"

Then within the blink of an eye, Goku headbutted Vegeta again and backflipped out of Vegeta's grip, his legs colliding with the Super Saiyan 3's chin in the process while he gained some distance. "Heh..." chuckled Goku, "You're starting to make this sound a little exciting! Alright, let's see if it will!" he dashed forward and and drove his fist downward towards Vegeta's face.

The force of the punch created a small wave that sent Vegeta flying downward into a forest far away from the mountain Canterlot was mounted upon, a way to allow things to escalate without worry, his body sliding on the grass, creating a trail of dirt in his wake. The corrupted Super Saiyan 3 cringed, holding his chin, "What the hell? I thought I was stronger than this! How could he bring me down like that?!" he wondered, believing his form to withstand more power than what his rival dished out. "Bah! No matter, I shall attend to him anyway!"

*FWOOSH*

"Huh--?!"

Vegeta couldn't finish questioning what happened, because Goku suddenly appeared and gave his former friend a right hook. "That's the drawback to using Super Saiyan 3. It can take quite a toll on your body when you first use it." said Goku, slapping the dark-powered Saiyan's arm aside. "Take it from me."

"But how could you use it so easily?!" Vegeta shouted, surprising Goku with a Ki blast. "I don't care about the drawbacks! I only care about finally killing you and proving to be the superior Saiyan!"

Seeing Vegeta flying towards him, Goku gritted his teeth and did the same, their fists bumping once they met in the middle, creating a force that blew across the garden. "Hah!" shouted Goku, the two of them deflecting each other's punches. Their fists and legs flying in various directions in an attempt to deal a hit in.

Then, deciding to switch things up, Goku performed a sweep kick, tripping Vegeta up in midair. In the process he charged a Ki blast and directed it towards Vegeta's face, pushing him aside and launching across the garden. The Saiyan panted, admitting that his rival was still a challenge to face after all this time. "Heh heh..." he wiped his mouth, seeing some blood on his knuckles.

"Ah! To hell with it!"

Vegeta came out of the smoke, and his knuckles jammed themselves right onto Goku's stomach. Then he followed up by driving his arms down upon his enemy's head, planting his face into the dirt. Goku pushed his body up. Once he did, he uppercutted the corrupted Saiyan Prince. Vegeta grunted and shot a purple orb at Goku, "Face it, Kakarot! I have the advantage here! No power can match with mine!" shouted the prince, ready to finish things.

However, Goku growled and grabbed Vegeta's wrist, tightening his grip on it, forcing Vegeta to release the Ki sphere to the sky away from him. The Super Saiyan 2 heard a crack sound and jabbed his rival's stomach before flipping him over his shoulder, "YAAAHHHH!" screamed Goku, throwing him as hard as he could. "Remember what Whis said? We have to work together..." he panted.

Hearing that, Vegeta tried to land a punch, but Goku blocked it with his arms, creating a small shockwave, "Work with you?! Yeah, right! You're an idiot! And yet somehow you're more powerful than me! It's the thing I hate most about you!" he declared.

"Who cares?!" Goku snapped, grabbing Vegeta's arm and spinning him around with ease, "This fight isn't getting us anywhere! You're wearing down quick! This isn't you talking! This isn't how we should be fighting!" Goku stated.

Vegeta charged forward, spiking his energy up some more the closer he got, "It doesn't matter. This is how are rivalry was meant to end, Kakarot! The day I finally come out on top!"

"Ah!" screamed Goku, getting knocked aside. The Saiyan shook his head and flew upwards before diving back down, slamming his fist directly into Vegeta's cheek, bruising it. Goku managed a smirk, "As much as I hate to admit it... I'm actually having fun!" he laughed, "You're puttin' up quite a fight."

Vegeta turned his head and scowled, his dark aura growing, "Well, believe it, Kakarot!" he decked Goku in the chest, following up with a Ki blast that launched him upwards. "Ha ha!"

Goku growled and then began to fly upwards, holding his chest in exhaustion, "But this isn't how it should've been. He's a puppet and not actually using his full potential. But he's still strong... I gotta give it all I got to wear him down and get Vegeta back in his right mind..." he curled his arms to his sides, cupping his palms together as he tried to draw as much energy as he could. A blue sphere of energy began to form, glowing within his hands.

"KA-ME--"

Sensing the spike of energy coming from above, Vegeta scowled, "Oh no you don't!" the prince then did his own pose, charging a purple beam of his own.

"GALICK!"

"HA-ME--"

"GUN!"

"--HA!"

Goku and Vegeta screamed and held their arms out right in front of them, beams of blue and purple shooting out of their palms, meeting in the middle, the two colliding at once and remaining at a standstill. Goku scowled, trying his best to exert as much power as he could. Vegeta noticed this and forced out more energy into his beam, purple overtaking blue. The area around them trembled, white lights flashed,, and a loud noise resonated as the Saiyans dueled.

Goku hissed, "Grr..."

Vegeta smirked, realizing he was getting the upper hand. Goku's Kamehameha was pushing down, but it wasn't much and the beam of the Galick Gun was winning in their beam struggle. "Now, Kakarot! Prepare yourself for oblivion!"

"Ngh... Damn it!" screamed Goku through gritted teeth, "I-It's not enough! I've got to take it further!"

"HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

With the scream that echoed into the heavens, the ground below trembled, wind blew harder than ever, and a yellow aura with sparks surrounded Goku, darkening even the night sky, "W-What?!" Vegeta spat, his purple glowing eyes narrowing at the surge of energy Goku was suddenly bringing.

His screams continued long, the beam struggle remaining at a draw for as long as Goku gained power. Finally, after a few moments, he had done what he hoped to achieve. Goku's spiky yellow hair went down behind his back.

He too was a Super Saiyan 3. And it was the power necessary to end this fight.

"HERE IT GOES!" screamed Goku, letting all of his energy into the Kamehameha, blue overtaking purple. Vegeta's surprised face was blocked out by the brightness of the Kamehameha.

"What--?!"

"AARRRGHH!" Vegeta's pained screams were muffled by the beam meeting him, covering the ground in a bright explosion.


"Whoa! What the hay is that?!" Rainbow Dash asked in surprise, noticing something in the distance that looked to be a solar flare. "Seriously, what's been goin' on this whole time? The ground shook and everything!" she wondered.

Celestia and Luna's jaws were agape, "That must be Goku and Vegeta fighting. Their power is far greater than we gave them credit for." the Sun Princess revealed.

Twilight blinked in surprise and held her head, "Y-You mean this whole time before now... They were holding back?"

Celestia nodded, "It appears that way, my former student. For mortals, they hold amazing potential, just like Whis said. Unlike anything we in Equestria have ever witnessed."

"It is bizarre how these two have become allies to the God of Destruction and are considered worthy to train. Beerus isn't usually like that with most mortals." Luna pointed out.

"But perhaps I can see it." Discord observed, "The power they wield. It would make for some good destruction... and chaos." he laughed to himself.


Vegeta laid on the ground in a small crater. Broken, bloody, beaten. The purple aura faded from his body, as did his Super Saiyan 3 transformation, and he reverted back to his normal state. He coughed, letting an eye open upon hearing something tap the ground from what he assumed to be flight.

"K-Kakarot..." he coughed, "What the hell happened?"

Goku knelt down, reverting back to his normal state as well, "That unicorn who showed up, Starlight Glimmer, put you under her control somehow. We fought. It was pretty cool I had to admit, what with you becoming a Super Saiyan 3."

Managing a smile, Vegeta said, "So I did hm... Pretty soon, I'll make her pay for using me as some unwilling pawn..." he slowly raised an arm and clenched a fist to declare this.

Goku helped his rival up, hearing some cracks coming from his body as he stood, making him cringe, "I'll see if we can get some Senzu beans for you and for emergencies later on somehow. Trust me, we need them to get back to training as soon as possible!" he laughed.

"Idiot... I hate having to depend on you healing me..." mumbled Vegeta, allowing Goku to fly them back to the castle.