• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 5,710 Views, 90 Comments

Dragon Ball Super: Equestrian Chronicles - The Saiyan



Goku and Vegeta find themselves in Equestria in hopes of becoming stronger thanks to Whis. Can they learn the magic of friendship or will Vegeta go insane?

  • ...
10
 90
 5,710

Recovery from Battle! What Next?

Goku finally landed in the castle and dropped Vegeta's body down before dropping to a knee himself, "Heh heh. Sorry about all the damage guys." he apologized sheepishly. "Woo, man. That was a bigger battle than I thought... Where's that unicorn?"

"She got away. Are you two alright?" Twilight asked.

Vegeta growled as he sat up from lying down, "Do I look alright to you, mare? Bring us some Senzu beans now! I wish to be back at my physical peak!"

"A senzu wha-huh?" Applejack asked.

"Geisundeit!" Pinkie said, thinking they sneezed.

"Senzu beans, they can heal our bodies almost instantly..." Goku began to say, "...You mean none of you have anything like that here? Nothing at all?"

Luna shook her head, "We apologize, Goku. But we have never heard of this before."

Goku sighed, "Oh alright... Is anyone able to contact Whis?"

"I shall do so. Luckily, I brought the communication staff with me, so all it'll take is a single call." Celestia stated, warping the staff into existence right in front of her. She used her magic to activate it, hoping to get a response from their friend.

"That's so cool! So you know Goku and Vegeta's friends?" Rainbow Dash wondered aloud.

The Princess of the Sun smiled at the pegasus' enthusiasm, "I have only spoken to Beerus and Whis, Rainbow Dash. Goku and Vegeta are the first mortal beings from another planet I have encountered. But I have heard stories from him of their recent encounters."

The staff's orb began to glow, and in it revealed Whis, who smiled and gave a friendly wave, 'Why, hello there, Princess Celestia! Is this a friendly call to catch up already?'

"Whoa! You can speak to him in there?" Pinkie wondered, popping over Celestia's shoulder.

Whis laughed, 'I assume this is one of the Element bearers you have told me about, hm?'

Luna exhaled, "I do wish it was a friendly call. But we request something. It's Goku and Vegeta..."

'Those two are already bothering you, I see... I'm sure--'

"Hey!" Vegeta cut him off, "We did none of the sort!"

Luna continued, "No, they were actually on their best behavior. It's another matter... One of Equestrian origins. I'm sure Princess Twilight can elaborate as she and her friends have dealt with her before tonight's unexpected encounter."

Gulping, Twilight awkwardly walked in front of the Canterlot Royalty, "M-Me?" she cleared her throat, "Anyway, there's this pony, Starlight Glimmer... She wanted to bring equality and rule Equestria... We stopped her but she got away... Tonight, she came back. Stronger than when we last saw her, even more than Discord. None of us are sure how she got this powerful..."

Whis nodded, 'I understand... How does this relate to Goku and Vegeta though?'

Celestia narrowed her eyes, "She put Vegeta under her control. Goku had to fight him to bring him back to his senses. The two are weakened after their duel. They mentioned Senzu beans, and wished to have some to be back at their physical peak."

'Ah,' the angel corrected his earlier assumption, 'Very well, I shall bring the two back here to recover until all this clears up.'

"No way, Whis!" Goku shouted, "I'm actually startin' to get used to this world! And that pony could put up a good fight when we meet again!" he elaborated. "This could be fun!"

Rarity blinked and tapped her chin, "Why... That's quite a jump of reasoning."

Vegeta said, "As much as I hate to admit it... I'm with Kakarot on staying here. That mare made me her puppet, and I'd be damned to let that one slide. I'll give that unicorn a piece of my mind when we cross paths again. Just know I will not partake in any lessons of magic and friendship or some other junk!"

Discord folded his arms, "Did not see that coming honestly. Perhaps I could be of use here."

'The Spirit of Chaos himself.' Whis commented, 'How are you faring as a member of Equestrian society now, Discord?'

"Quite well, old friend," the draconequss responded, "But that is not important. See, now that I have some form of connection to your land thanks to this staff. My chaotic magic can conjure this up." he snapped his fingers, a small bag appearing in midair, "I am quite aware of Goku and Vegeta's world already. I have been watching a shortened and funnier interpretation of their past adventures while I was trapped in stone through the astral realm."

"You did what?" Rainbow asked.

Twilight rubbed her head, "It's better if you don't ask. Trust me, I've seen it firsthoof." she commented, trying to change the subject.

Whis replied, 'I didn't think you cared about Goku and Vegeta's antics, Discord. Not even Lord Beerus did before wanting to learn about the Super Saiyan God.'

Discord smirked and levitated the bag over to the Saiyans slowly, "Well, these two make great catalysts for chaos. How can I refuse such a thing coming to Equestria?"

Opening the bag, Goku opened his palm and held out two beans, "Here you go, Vegeta!" he said while handing one over to Vegeta, who chewed on it and swallowed. Same as Goku. The Saiyan Prince coughed and managed to sit up, "Feeling better already?"

"Of course I am." Vegeta stated simply, "Using the power of Super Saiyan 3 merely drained my stamina faster than I'd like to admit."

'Super Saiyan 3? You, Vegeta?' Whis asked, 'Quite a surprise. It will take time for you to master it. Perhaps you will reach Super Saiyan God soon enough.'

The prince smirked proudly, "It will not be a challenge for me."

Goku laughed, "Yep! Now we have to train harder than ever if you want to master Super Saiyan 3!"

"S-Super Saiyan 3?" Rarity gulped, "A-As in above your Super Saiyan forms you showed us?"

"Uh huh!" Goku answered casually.

The fashionista muttered, "Oh dear..."

"You guys are full of surprises." Spike commented. "You seriously have to teach us some of those moves for when stuff like this happens again." he suggested.

Vegeta shook his head, "Unfortunately, what we do can only be handled by the greatest of warriors. It would take years if you wish to be as powerful as us. Even without the obvious correlation that you are all not Saiyans."

"Try me!" Rainbow boasted, "I think I can handle your training."

Goku rubbed his head, "I dunno. As much as I would like more competition, we barely know how you can hande our style. It's pretty challenging!" he then slammed his knuckles into his palm, "But that's what makes it so fun. I'm not sure what you ponies can even do honestly!" he pointed out.

"Um... C-Can we not try, Rainbow." Fluttershy said, "I don't think I'm ready for fighting..."

"I'm not saying all of us have to. But at least let me have a crack at it!" Rainbow shouted.

Celestia tapped her chin, "I am with Goku and Vegeta, Rainbow Dash. Give it some thought."

"Come on! I'm totally ready to become as strong as you guys!"

"Let her."

The gruff voice got everypony's attention. Even Goku turned his head when he heard those words come out of the prince's mouth. Vegeta looked as stoic as ever, arms folded and eyes closed, "She wishes to endure our lifestyle. And our way of combat." he opened his eyelids, "Then she should see. She will know how challenging it truly is. To know the costs of reaching such power."

Whis blinked. Hard. And then smiled, 'My my. I did not expect Vegeta to get so touchy. This seems to be a matter best left to you. Let me know if I should come.' and with that, Whis ended the call.

Rainbow glared at Vegeta, "Bring it on! I think I can reach your strength in no time!"

"Rainbow, what are you thinking?" Twilight wondered through gritted teeth. "This is too much to deal with! Now's not the time for show-boating!" she added.

Vegeta replied, him and Rainbow ignoring the alicorn's words, "If you so wish. When we return to Ponyville, your training with Kakarot and myself will start the day after."

Applejack put a hoof to her forehead, "This is gonna go wrong..."

Discord laughed, "I'll bring the popcorn."


Starlight dropped in the middle of a forest. "So much for that plan..." she mumbled to herself. She kicked a rock, "Stupid Twilight and her friends. What I would give to get rid of them." she trotted forward, her destination unknown. Anything to get away from her enemies. Especially the Saiyans at this point.

Then, teleporting next to her was Towa, "Well well, quite a surprise if I say so myself. Guess that didn't go according to plan."

"No. It didn't."

The Time-Breaker nodded and waved her staff, the dark energy around the unicorn fading, "There. Now your aura is supressed. Son Goku and Vegeta can no longer track you now." she smirked, "Perhaps there's another way to get rid of the Equestrians you so despise..."

Starlight narrowed her eyes, "And what would that be?"

Towa said, "A way to defy time. To defy destiny itself. My power is weak as of now, but I can guide you to fulfilling that goal, and I too can grow stronger to assist you."

"...I'm listening." Starlight instantly agreed, wanting the destruction of her hated foes and the Saiyans.

Author's Note:

The next few chapters are gonna be slice of life before getting back to the action.

Comments ( 12 )

8505590 Since when are Goku and Vegeta aware of their Abridged counterparts?

8505972 Thanks to Discord right before the Gala. He pointed out how different Goku and Vegeta were to the ones he "watched". Basically watches the events of Abridged through his magic cause he's bored and likes to see how crazy things get, and showed the two some "clips" of what he's seen.

If no one's taken up tallying all the times Vageta has yelled KAKAROT! then I will be surprised

Great story so far hope this continue. Hope this story reach MLP Season 6 and Dragon Ball Super though Goku Black Ark - universe survival ark.

I wonder how strong Rainbow can get? Saiyan Saga Level? Namek or maybe even Cell Saga?

When is the next chapter?

My reaction to this story:

More pleaseth.

8792863
Considering the amount of time Goku and Vegeta will stay, I bet 2 Raditz!

8798881
Mine after learning Rainbow will train with Goku and Vegeta:

8506097
so uh
where's the new chapters

Please one more chapter

Towa said, "A way to defy time. To defy destiny itself. My power is weak as of now, but I can guide you to fulfilling that goal, and I too can grow stronger to assist you."

Time Patrollers: c.tenor.com/cJRcMyUAiMcAAAAC/ah-shit-here-we-go-again-ah-shit.gif

Login or register to comment