• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 5,717 Views, 90 Comments

Dragon Ball Super: Equestrian Chronicles - The Saiyan



Goku and Vegeta find themselves in Equestria in hopes of becoming stronger thanks to Whis. Can they learn the magic of friendship or will Vegeta go insane?

  • ...
10
 90
 5,717

The Proposition! Goku and Vegeta in a New World?

Lord Beerus' Planet...

"Ha!"

A man with spiky hair and an orange gi tried to punch Whis, the angel swerving his head to the side. His hands were placed behind his back, as though he was giving himself a handicap. The angel moved to the left as the orange-clad Saiyan performed a roundhouse kick, only hitting the air instead. "C'mon, Whis! This is unfair!" whined Goku.

Whis chuckled, "If you wish to be the strongest, Goku, then this what you'll have to deal with."

"Gah! Forget this!" grunted another man wearing gray armor and a chestplate, the suit of his kind. After all, he was a prince and felt to show pride in the Saiyans. And so, Vegeta decided to attack at that moment, shoving Goku aside, earning a displeased 'Hey!' from the laidback Saiyan.

Vegeta lashed a fist out to Whis, who countered by poking Vegeta in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. "Urgh..." gargled the Saiyan prince, holding his stomach. He clenched his eyes shut for a moment before facing the angel again.

"Grah!" he shouted, trying to kick Whis, who blocked the attack.

"Alright, Vegeta! It's my turn, now!" Goku shouted from his spot, flying back to fight their mentor. The two flew on opposite sides of Whis, who easily deflected each punch and kick with his hands, a bored expression on his face.

BAM!

A white flash was seen and Goku and Vegeta were seen wiping a bruise on their faces. Whis sighed in slight disappointment, "It seems the two of you are making the same mistakes."

"It was Vegeta!" Goku blamed, pointing an accusing finger at his rival. Vegeta crossed his arms and gave Goku an annoyed scowl at his childish attitude.

"How can you blame me, Kakarot? You're the once acting like a damn child!" Vegeta groaned in disbelief. "If anything, this is your own fault!"

The two got another whack to the head from Whis, who gave a disapproving shake of his head, "Honestly, the both of you are immature when out fighting. If the two of you wish to become the best then I say it is best to address your problems that I've noticed since taking you in."

Goku and Vegeta rubbed their aching heads, "Alright, get it over with, please..." mumbled Goku.

"Let's start with you, Vegeta." Whis said, earning a huff from the Prince of All Saiyans.

Turning his head, Vegeta groaned, "...Fine."

"Your arrogance. You're impatient in a battle, always wishing to deliver a hit, even at the cost of Son Goku landing one in your place. If you put aside your ego and calm down for once, perhaps you can become an even better fighter than you already are." Whis lightly criticized.

Laughing, Goku patted Vegeta on the back, making said man smack his hand away, "Looks like you got a lot to learn, Vegeta!"

"Oh, but I haven't spoken about you yet, Goku." the angel added with a grin. Vegeta revealed a smirk and quietly chuckled to himself upon hearing that.

Shaking his head, Goku's eyes went wide, "Me? W-What about me?"

Raising his staff, Whis elaborated for the Saiyan, "Where Vegeta is too arrogant and impatient, you're too laidback and calm when the stakes are dire. You never take anything seriously. I understand you Saiyans' desire to fight the strongest, but one day that is going to cost you greatly." he raised a finger, "That is why I have come up with a solution to this." he explained, gently patting his staff on the ground.

Raising a brow, Vegeta asked, "And what is that supposed to be?"

"I concur." said another voice, not belonging to the three. The Saiyans and angel turned their heads, seeing a thin purple cat-like creature yawn and stretch his limbs. Scratching his back, the person spoke, "Whis... Why are these two here?" he asked with genuine curiosity in his tone.

With a small chuckle, the angel elaborated, "Oh, my apologies Lord Beerus, Goku and Vegeta asked for me to train them with their new abilities. I thought I decided to do something nice. This happened while you were napping. I'm surprised by the fact you're up by this time."

Beerus was silent for a moment, "What food did they give you, Whis?" he asked, "And can I have some?"

"They gave me pepperoni pizza. There's a few slices left for you in case you woke up." Whis said, gesturing to the flat box lying on the grass. The God of Destruction sat down, his legs crossed and he opened the box, seeing the few slices of pizza left, smoke still visible, meaning it was still warm.

"We thought you'd like this, Lord Beerus." Goku said lightly, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

Sniffing the pizza, Beerus stuck his tongue out, "If this isn't good, I may destroy Earth for you wasting my time." he revealed, earning a gasp from Goku and even Vegeta.

"W-What?! P-Please don't, Lord Beerus!" Goku pleaded, folding his hands and bowing. Vegeta mirrored his actions, putting aside his ego for the actual God of Destruction.

And so, Beerus took a bite of the pizza. Silence was passed among the group as the god tastes the food. Once he swallowed, a smile formed on his face, "That was good." he chuckled, "I made the right decision in sparing this planet. There's more delicious food here than I thought." he leaned on the tree, his hands placed behind his head. "You can go back to whatever it was you were doing, just don't bother me."

"Thank you, Lord Beerus!" Goku said, he and Vegeta bowing.

Whis grinned, "Anyway... My plan is quite simple. I'm sending the two of you on a mission. It's for an old friend of Lord Beerus and I. For a while, she wanted to meet some people of our world. And I was thinking the two of you would be perfect candidates."

"Hmph. And why us, exactly? And where are we going?" Vegeta wondered.

"To a land filled with magic. It's there I wish for the two of you to learn what makes that world as powerful as it is. Think of it as an ambassador trip. You'd be visiting an alien planet." Whis said.

Goku raised a hand, "Why there exactly? Is there anyone strong?"

Whis giggled, "Of course, Goku. This is a physical and mental challenge. It might be strange at first, but I know you two can adjust." he complimented. "I will check back with you in a couple of weeks to see how you are doing and see if you've improved at all while in this world."

Rolling his eyes, Vegeta muttered, "Thanks..."

With that, the angel raised his staff, it glowing red. Goku and Vegeta noticed that they too were covered in the red aura and were being forced to fly into a portal opening above them. They screamed as they fell in, the portal closing behind them. Beerus chuckled, "You just wanted them gone didn't you?"

Shrugging, Whis laughed, "Maybe. But this is for the better. Especially if you and Son Goku are to have that rematch."


Equestria...

Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends sat down comfortably in her castle, which she still hadn't adjusted to despite some... renovations done by her friends. Each of them were talking amongst one another, enjoying each other's company. But like always one moment changed everything.

Pinkie Pie hopped around, her tail, mane and the like bouncing as she flew off the walls. Her friends tried to calm her down as she landed like a piece of paper caught in the wind. "Wow! That was weird!" she cheered, pumping a hoof in surprise.

Twilight Sparkle looked at her friend worriedly, "Pinkie, what in Celestia's name was that?"

"Pinkie Sense!"

Rarity raised a brow, "Pinkie Sense again?"

Rainbow landed next to her friend, "Well, what is it?"

"It was a super doozy!" the pink mare revealed loudly.

Fluttershy squeaked, "A-A super doozy?"

Nodding super fast, Pinkie responded, "Uh-huh! That means something completely weird and crazy is going to happen soon! I can't wait to find out what it is!"

Twilight rolled her eyes, the alicorn sitting back down, "Oh boy..."

"Yeah! I never had a super doozy like this." Pinkie exclaimed in shock.

Twilight put a hoof to her friend's shoulder, "I'm sure it was nothing. Remember your doozy before? It was only because I admitted to trusting your Pinkie Sense. I'm sure everything's fine." she comforted the pink mare.

Spike crossed his arms, the dragon raising a brow, "Eh. I don't know. I remember the falling piano."

"I'm sure it won't bas crazy and nonsensical as that, Spike."

Twilight could not have been more wrong.


Fluttering his eyes open, Goku sat up. "Woah. That was crazy. Hey, Vegeta?" he called out, rubbing the back of his head. The Saiyan stood up and dusted off his gi. He found Vegeta lying face-first in dirt and laughed.

"Oh, ha ha, Kakarot! Now get me out of here!" Vegeta was heard, his voice muffled in the ground. Helping his sparring partner and rival up, the two Saiyans got a better look at their surroundings. "What the hell? This looks no different than a regular forest on Earth? Where did that angel send us?"

Goku shrugged, "Uh... I'm not sure. He didn't say. But he said we can train here!"

"Of course your first thought would be to train. How about we find out if there is a town nearby or something." Vegeta suggested. Nodding, Goku agreed, "Pheh. Can't believe I'm stuck in another world with you."

"It won't be so bad, Vegeta, at least here we can focus on becoming stronger!"

The Saiyan Prince could be heard groaning.


Canterlot...

'Oh, I hope I wasn't intruding on anything.'

Celestia chuckled, "Do not worry, Whis. I am quite interested in your world. The visit from you and Beerus was quite interesting to say the least." she waved a hoof of assurance to her friend, letting him know that his plan was fine.

Whis laughed, 'Oh, Lord Beerus is like that.'

'Hey!'

"We are only jesting, Lord Beerus. Whis has told me very little about these visitors, anyhow. Are they as powerful as you say?" the Sun Princess wondered.

'Very much so.'

Celestia nodded, "I see. And with the gala soon, it would be a grand opportunity to welcome them to Equestria. Thank you for your time, Whis."

'Likewise, Princess Celestia. Do tell how they fare there.'

"I will, till we speak again Whis." and with that, Celestia lowered the communication staff given to her. She sighed, hearing the door open up. She spotted her sister trotting in the throne room.

"Are thou done speaking with Whis, sister?" Luna asked.

"I am, Luna. This is a grand opportunity for Equestria. I've been debating this for a while, since your return actually." revealed Celestia, "The two he has sent will be considered ambassadors. I do think our kingdom is ready for this." she said proudly. "We have come a long way in such a short amount of time."

Nodding, Luna responded, "If you think this is the best, I will support your decision, but I still have my doubts."

Waving a hoof, Celestia said, "Do not worry, sister. I'm sure whoever he's sent are pure in spirit. I can trust him and Lord Beerus. In the meantime, I wish to meet with these visitors. I shall send a couple guards to escort them to Canterlot to have a formal introduction before the gala as I have to stay here to set it up."

"...Very well." Luna agreed, "Lord Beerus, despite his hobby, was a trustworthy figure and whoever's here got on his good side. Thou shall send guards, sister."

Author's Note:

And so starts a new tale in Dragon Ball. Goku and Vegeta are on their own for now, but things will get intense.