• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 3,046 Views, 226 Comments

Saved from Stoning - twilightsparkle3562



Princess Celestia saves a pony from Rainbow Falls from stoning by her fellow townsfolk and gives her sanctuary in Canterlot. While investigating the matter further, she discovers of laws made without her approval.

  • ...
26
 226
 3,046

"Hans Horsebein, Defense Attorney"

As Jack McColt and Princess Celestia were discussing the charges against Blackheart and his cronies for the trial, the friendship express pulled into Canterlot Station. Among the ponies getting off the train was a gray colored pony with a jet-black mane and was clothed entirely in black. In his magic aura, he held up a brown suitcase that held all of his essentials.

"To the dungeons of Canterlot," he said in a German accent to a taxi pony who then took him towards Canterlot Castle. Upon arrival, he got out and approached the doors into the castle. But, before he could enter the dungeons, he was stopped by two guards who crossed their spears.

"State your business," they said sternly.

"I am Hans Horsebein," replied the pony. "I wish to see my clients in the dungeons of this castle. Please let me through."

The guards looked at each other and nodded to one another before turning their attention back towards Hans. As far as they were both concerned, this pony was just another citizen of Equestria and wasn't going to be treated any different than any other citizen.

"Please present your credentials," they demanded and rolling his eyes, Hans presented his identification to the guards who looked at the small card and once they confirmed that it was truly him, they allowed him to pass into the castle.

Hans made his way down to the dungeons and saw his clients all locked up in the cells like wild animals. Blackheart was delighted to see the lawyer who had bailed him out so many times before now coming to the rescue of him and his comrades once again. But, Hans had a look on his face that showed he was not as confident as he was before. Still, he kept it hidden to himself as he was in the presence of the ponies he had helped get off from previous crimes in the past.

"Ah, my dear Hans," chuckled Blackheart. "Come at last to try and help us out of this situation like all the times before."

"How are you, my master?" asked Hans.

"Longing to be free, my loyal counselor," answered Blackheart, happily. "But, we all know that we have been in situations like this before and you shall be the one to save us once again. What kind of defense are you planning this time?"

Hans placed his suitcase down on the ground and opened it, taking out several pieces of paper and placing them in his aura.

"A defense that says the Princesses had unlawfully forced you out of office," he answered. "And that your recent actions against the pony you call Green Sleeves was justified in their own rights."

"Of course, they were justified, Horsebein!" cried Red Flames, clutching the bars of his cell. "She betrayed me and needed to be taught a lesson! What laws were broken in teaching her a lesson?"

"Laws that the Princesses don't agree with," remarked Hans. "And furthermore, laws that ponies like Jack McColt will counter and say that they were unconstitutional. There are two different kinds of law and the law you all carried out was justified, nothing more."

All the captured ponies nodded in agreement upon hearing this. However, they noticed that Hans was starting to become very wary of the situation that they were all in.

"But, I know you don't want to hear this, my friends," he sighed. "I am afraid that this trial is not going to be like all the other scandals that we have all gone through together. I warned you all many times that attempting to kill princesses would result in severe consequences."

This made Blackheart feel very cross.

"What did you say, Horsebein?" he growled, his mood going from happy to angry. "You say that we are going to lose this trial?"

"It's only a matter of time, Blackheart!" retorted Hans. "I will help you all, but I am saying that we may not win this time! We have to prepare for the inevitable that lies before us all and I feel that this trial is going to bring about the end of you all!"

"Tratiorious scum!" snarled Sergeant Enforcer, throwing his body against the bars of his cell. "How dare you say we are going to lose this case? Just shut up and do your job, Horsebein! We are going to win this case as long you don't screw up!"

The sounds of Sergeant Enforcer's angry voice caused a sharp chill to run down Horsebein's spine. He had been in this situation before and even though he himself didn't want to believe it, this was a trial that they were not going to win.

Meanwhile, in the Crystal Empire, a high speed train departed the station and inside the train was a pink alicorn pony sitting in her personal car, writing down what appeared to notes of how to deal with a certain situation.

"We should in be Canterlot very shortly, your highness," said a crystal guardspony to Princess Cadence, briefly interrupting her work that was being done.

"Thank you," replied Cadence as the guard left and she returned to the notes that she was making to herself. "Now, if I only can find a way to try and help this pony who is residing in Canterlot. I know that I am the Princess of Love, but even I am somewhat baffled by what is in front of me. Well, at least Aunt Celestia and Aunt Luna can help me shed some light on the situation."

Cadence continued to sit in her car and think of how to help Green Sleeves. For the next hour, she continued to try and think of ways to confront the situation, but to no avail. Finally, after a few hours, the train made it into Canterlot and Cadence got off, meeting a pair of guardspony waiting to escort her to Canterlot Castle.

"Thank you for coming, Cadence," said Celestia as she awaited her niece at the front door of the castle and the two alicorns embraced one another. "It means a lot that you are here right now."

"I came as soon as I heard," replied Cadence as they broke apart. "So, this pony was in a situation that she didn't want to be in and was targeted for death because of it?"

"Yes," answered Celestia. "Luna and I were lucky to spare her life when we had the chance. The leadership of Rainbow Falls has become corrupted and the time has come to end it."

"But, I cannot help but wonder, Aunt Celestia," remarked Cadence. "Why did Blackheart become mayor in the first place if he is such an evil pony who has no heart?"

"Because he used lies disguised as the truth to get where he is," answered Celestia. "We are looking into all the details, Cadence, of whether or not he and his campaign party had corrupted the voting system to obtain the office. If he did, then I have no choice but to add a charge of voter fraud to the list of charges that he and his comrades are facing. The odds are against him, Mi Amore Cadenza and he will not get away with any of this."

Cadence silently nodded as they neared the guest room where Green Sleeves had been staying in. But before they could enter the room, Green Sleeves came out of the room and faced the two ponies.

"Green Sleeves," said Celestia. "How are you feeling?"

"Better to say the least, thank you very much," replied Green Sleeves, bowing to her and Cadence. "How do you do, Princess Cadence?"

"Very well, thank you," chuckled Cadence, trotting over to Green Sleeves. "Princess Celestia has asked me to come and help you with the situation that you were involved in. As the Princess of Love, it is my duty to help you find somepony that would be willing to love you for who you are."

"Well, I am honored really," remarked Green Sleeves, flattered. "But, I can't leave Red Flames. He's my husband and…"

"…you will never be near him again," interrupted Celestia firmly holding out a piece of paper that documented the annulment of Green Sleeves' marriage to Red Flames. "As of this moment, you are free from his control."

Celestia showed Green Sleeves the document and the young mare's eyes widened in shock. Green Sleeves didn't know whether she should be happy that she was freed from Red Flames' evil personality or she was afraid of the consequences that she would receive because of this.

"Did you tell Red Flames?" she asked.

"Not yet," replied Celestia, taking the scroll away and making it disappear with her magic. "But he will soon learn the truth, Green Sleeves and there will be nothing he can do to stop it."

With that said, Cadence led Green Sleeves away to her chambers and once the door was closed, Celestia left to continue preparing for the trial that was to take place in the days to come that would soon bring about the end of Blackheart and his reign of terror on Rainbow Falls forever…

Author's Note:

Apologies for the delay in updates, I had been suffering from Pneumonia and a left ear infection. But, I am better now.