• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 3,054 Views, 226 Comments

Saved from Stoning - twilightsparkle3562



Princess Celestia saves a pony from Rainbow Falls from stoning by her fellow townsfolk and gives her sanctuary in Canterlot. While investigating the matter further, she discovers of laws made without her approval.

  • ...
26
 226
 3,054

"You Are Very Lucky To Be Alive"

Upon being saved from her tormentors, the beaten and bruised mare from Rainbow Falls was brought into Canterlot castle and examined for any major injuries she had sustained. While she was being treated, both Celestia and Luna were wondering how such a pony would be subjected to such horrors.

"Sister, I cannot help but wonder," sighed Luna as she and Celestia thought about the situation in the throne room. "That a young mare would be subjected to such horrors of this nature. Why do you think that somepony would allow something like this to happen?"

"That is something that I also have strong wonders about," replied Celestia, sitting on her throne. "Who is the mayor of Rainbow Falls?"

"As far as I can remember," remarked Luna. "A pony that seemed to be very questionable when it came to his true beliefs when we appointed him."

But before she could same the name, Luna struggled to get the name out.

"Out with it, Luna!" snapped Celestia, hitting her front hoof on the throne. "We both know who we are talking about! Trust me, I know now that I regret having appointed him as a candidate to be mayor of Rainbow Falls!"

Luna realized that she couldn't keep the name hidden forever and knew now that she needed to spill out the name.

"Mayor Blackheart!" she blurted out in a fit of rage. "A pony who is a traitor to all of Equestria for what he has done, no matter how hard he promised to change his ways! Why couldn't we see this coming, big sister? We need to do something that we should have done a long time ago and that is removing him from his seat of power!"

Celestia knew that her younger sister was right. But, she was very much hesitant about disciplinary actions because she always believed in second chances to whoever she felt deserved a second chance. Falling silent for a second, Celestia lowered her head in thought and then suddenly became angry.

"Yes, sister," she said quietly. "I've given Mayor Blackheart so many chances and look at what he has done behind our backs, coming up with laws and acts that we would never approve! This act has done nothing more than prove to me that something needed to be done!"

"I, for one, completely agree with your decision, big sister," remarked Luna, walking over towards a window looking down on the streets of Canterlot. "Ever since I gave up on becoming Nightmare Moon, I have vowed to help protect the ponies that look up to us throughout Equestria. But, I will not rest until this pony with a black heart is removed from his position!"

"But, we can't just simply remove him from power, Luna," sighed Celestia, stepping off of her throne. "We need to look deeper into Blackheart's recent acts and provide enough evidence to be used against him."

Luna was reluctant to go by this strategy, but they had to abide by their policies in how to deal with certain situations such as this. After all, Celestia could well remember how Twilight had tried to warn them about Chrysalis during the royal wedding without any physical evidence whatsoever.

"Perhaps we can start by asking the pony we saved from the mob," suggested Luna. "If she is accused of adultery, then perhaps she we should give her the right to explain why."

No sooner did Luna say that did several ponies clad in white coats came into the room with the green mare behind them. Bowing to the princesses, they rose to their feet and beckoned the mare to come forward.

"I see you have been healed," remarked Celestia to the mare, who was still frightened by her experiences, although she smiled briefly. "How is she feeling?"

"She is recovering very nicely from her injures as you and your sister can see, your highness," replied one of the doctors. "However, it appears that she has been saying something that I think is meant for both of you."

The mare tried to speak, but was quickly interrupted by the other doctor, who wanted to finish what he and his colleague wanted to say to the princesses about the mare's condition.

"But, it appears that there is evidence of bruises that we believe are attributed to more than one pony," said the other doctor, motioning for the mare to step forward to show the princesses her wounds. "As you can see, these bruise markings are deep colored which means the pain that this poor soul went through is far deeper than anything imaginable. We also found cuts and bruises that we had to bandage including here above the right eye."

The doctor pointed to the markings and both Celestia and Luna looked at each other with worried glances. It seemed to them that there was no doubt in both of their minds that this pony was being prepared for death and an unlawful death for that matter. As the doctors spoke, the mare was already starting to grow very uncomfortable at how she was being presented.

"Thank you for describing to us what happened," said Celestia, raising her hoof to silence the doctors. "But, if you don't mind, we would like to speak with her in private."

"As you wish, your highnesses," the doctors said and they bowed to Celestia and Luna before turning around to leave the throne room.

Once they were gone, the royal sisters were left alone with the mare who was relieved to not being used as a model to show off her wounds.

"We apologize for putting you through that, my little pony," said Celestia as she and Luna looked at the mare. "But, we are starting an investigation into what had happened to you. However, we cannot start the investigation unless we know what has been going on in Rainbow Falls."

"Perhaps you can start by telling us your name," added Luna, talking in a gentle voice. "And remember, we are here to help you seek justice for what has happened to you."

The mare was hesitant to talk, but knowing that the royal sisters would give her sanctuary out of pure generosity, talking to them was how she could repay them for their hospitality.

"If I tell you what happened," she said in a very scared and nervous voice. "Promise that you won't tell anypony else?"

"That is something we can't guarantee," replied Celestia. "Because whatever you tell us can help us find whoever allowed this act to fall upon you and then, they can be charged for their crimes. But, if you don't mind us asking, what is your name, young mare?"

"My name is Green Sleeves," answered the mare, nervously. "I am the wife of Red Flames, deputy mayor to Blackheart, the mayor of Rainbow Falls."

"Yes, go on," said Luna, wanting to hear more but Celestia silently reminded her of the severity this pony had been through. "We are listening to what you wish to say to us. Tell us about what your husband, Red Flames, has done to you."

Green Sleeves struggled to pull herself together and turned away from the sisters, shuddering in fear. This caused both Celestia and Luna to feel concerned.

"Are you all right?" asked Celestia, concernedly.

"I'm all right," cried Green Sleeves, her body trembling in fear. "It's just that…he said that I was his wife and I would never leave him. He's a monster, your highnesses, they all are! My so-called husband and those ponies he works for!"

Both Celestia and Luna were beginning to wonder just exactly what was going on and they both came to an understanding that this was coming directly from the top.

"I can still hear him," sobbed Green Sleeves, fresh tears flowing down her face as Celestia walked over to drape a wing over her. "How I was…was…going to be the test subject."

"Test subject?" gasped Luna, appalled along with her sister. "What test subject?"

"For...a…new…new…law," cried Green Sleeves. "That…ponies who object to laws by Blackheart would be killed…without a trial!"

Both Celestia and Luna were absolutely shocked and appalled by this revelation and both of them were now beginning to believe this was a law that was unconstitutional to their beliefs and was going to be carried out without their approval.

"I know you are still traumatized, child," said Luna, her face stoned yet sympathetic. "But, what has your husband done to you to make you want to betray him?"

But, Green Sleeves couldn't say anything and just sobbed her heart out into Celestia's chest. Both sisters realized that they were dealing with a doubly troubling situation that they would both much rather not get involved in.

"You don't have to answer the question," said Celestia to Green Sleeves comfortly. "In fact, you are welcome to stay here as long as you want, Green Sleeves, away from the ponies who would want to hurt you. In fact, based on what we have heard, you are very lucky to be alive."

"OH, THANK YOU!" sobbed Green Sleeves as she continued to cry her heart out. "BLESS YOU, BLESS YOU BOTH!"

A little while later, Green Sleeves was escorted by Celestia and Luna to a guest room not far from their quarters and both sisters realized the magnitude of what was going on.

"This is a perverted and twisted matter, dear sister," remarked Luna as she and Celestia walked from Green Sleeves' quarters. "Something tells me that this is the beginning of a long and difficult investigation."

"We've faced plenty of these situations before, Luna," sighed Celestia. "However, we need to learn more about this Red Flames and why he would carry out such violence against an innocent mare like Green Sleeves. Furthermore, Green Sleeves seems to be a pony that deserves better, much better."

"I completely agree, big sister," replied Luna. "If you want, I can send for Princess Cadence to help our guest find a better love life for herself while we deal with what is going on in Rainbow Falls with Blackheart and his ilk."

At that moment, a guardspony came dashing towards the sisters with what appeared to be very urgent news written on a scroll.

"This just came in from a patrol in Rainbow Falls," said the guard. "A pony has been beaten severely by a group of ponies who claim to be working for Mayor Blackheart. They are taking him to Ponyville hospital for treatment and its unknown if he will even survive."

Both royal sisters looked at the scroll for a few moments and then, took their eyes off with furious glances on their faces.

"Take some fellow guards with you and once you find the guilty ones bring them here for questioning," ordered Celestia in an ice-cold voice. "I want nothing more than to put an end to Blackheart's reign forever, is that clear?"

"Yes, your highness," replied the guard and he quickly dashed away down the hall, while Celestia and Luna walked up to one of the towers of Canterlot Castle.

"What do we do now?" asked Luna as they walked over to the edge and opening their wings.

"We start our investigation," answered Celestia and they took to the air, heading towards Ponyville hospital and with a little luck, the pony who was beaten to within an inch of his life would be able to talk.

This was going to be the beginning of a long and difficult investigation for both royal sisters…