• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 3,046 Views, 226 Comments

Saved from Stoning - twilightsparkle3562



Princess Celestia saves a pony from Rainbow Falls from stoning by her fellow townsfolk and gives her sanctuary in Canterlot. While investigating the matter further, she discovers of laws made without her approval.

  • ...
26
 226
 3,046

"Battle with the Devil"

Mayor Blackheart had barricaded himself in his office upon seeing Luna and her group of night guards surrounding the building, armed to the teeth. But the evil mayor of Rainbow Falls was not going to back down that easily.

"They must have known about what we attempted to do with Green Sleeves," cried Red Flames, loading the bullets into his pistol. "So what if they did? I won't accept her back into my life after what she tried to do to me. Wives are meant to show their husbands respect."

"And so will the rest of Equestria," remarked Blackheart. "Once I dispose of their beloved princesses that is."

"If you don't mind my asking, with what?" asked Red Flames, much to the annoyance of Blackheart. "All we have are just these pistols and our brawns and brains."

Blackheart merely rolled his eyes in disbelief over this question, dismayed that his right-hand pony would ask such a silly question.

"Then, my loyal second-in-command," he chuckled, trying to hide his displeasure. "You obviously forgot that I have a weapon far greater than anything that can be used to fight enemies…words and trickery."

A few moments later, Blackheart walked over towards a window in his office and looked down at the armored Princess Luna looking straight at the door to the city hall. He knew that if he opened fire on Princess Luna right now, he would eliminate the first of his many targets right then and there.

"Don't you see, my friend? Princess Luna is cooperating beautifully," he laughed, motioning his weapon right at her head. "Standing in just the right spot. I could fire one bullet at her head and she would be killed right then and there, but no, that would make it too easily done. Besides, how else would the most powerful pony in Equestria be killed in such an easy manner?"

As his boss spoke, Red Flames was beginning to get the idea that even though he shared the same passion as Blackheart, there was a matter of repercussions that the two of them would have to face.

"We should wait," he said, firmly pulling his gun out of the window. "We need to wait until both royal sisters are outside, then we can each fire a bullet into their heads. But, it perhaps wouldn't hurt to rile them up a bit."

He pointed over to a closet in Blackheart's office and this caused Blackheart to develop an evil smile onto his face. Red Flames in a sense was right that they needed to eliminate the protection that both Celestia and Luna had and once they were alone, then they could carry out the quick and painful execution.

"How many did you put in here, Red Flames?" asked Blackheart, opening the door to his closet and pulling out rockets, bombs and anything else. "Will it be enough?"

"Enough to eliminate the protection and possibly our targets," answered Red Flames. "Will it work? I am not sure. Will we have to fight? Likely so. But, all that matters is that the royal sisters are dead and the gateway to the throne is wide open for you. They may have powerful magic, but we have even more powerful weapons."

"I love the way your maniacal mind works," laughed Blackheart taking a bomb into his hooves and lighting it with a match. "Let's send a message to these sisters that there will soon be a new ruler in Equestria."

Outside, Luna and her soldiers waited for Blackheart to make his move either to surrender or fight. Nevertheless, they were armed to the teeth, preparing for anything unexpected that could happen.

"Shall we prepare to storm the doors, your highness?" asked a soldier.

"Let us give them a few more minutes," Luna replied. "It is nearly dawn meaning that my big sister is preparing to raise the sun as we speak. How long has it been since we started this standoff?"

"About 5 hours, your highness," remarked the guard, looking at a clock tower not far from the city hall. "These ponies are very strong willed to have been in the position that they are."

"Yes, yes they have, young colt," sighed Luna, who was already starting to become more and more tired. "Blackheart will not rest until he gets what we want and I can assure you that he won't be taken alive. If anything does happen, it will be his own doing, not ours."

Just then, the window to Blackheart's office opened and Luna got into a battle stance along with the rest of her platoon.

"BLACKHEART!" called Luna using her royal Canterlot voice. "SURRENDER TO US NOW AND WE WILL NOT STORM YOUR OFFICE!"

From inside the office, Blackheart laughed and once the fuse was nearing its end, he tossed the bomb out of the window and Luna's eyes widened.

"GET BACK!" she screamed and the bomb landed on top of them, exploding and sending several of the night soldiers flying. Luna wisely activated her shield spell to protect herself and some of the soldiers from the blast. "YOU DARE TO FIGHT US, BLACKHEART?! THEN, TAKE THIS!"

Angrily, Luna fired a powerful blast of alicorn magic at the window, destroying it. Some of the glass hit both Blackheart and Red Flames, but the two of them were not going to back down easily. The two stallions responded by lighting firecrackers and bombs out of the window, causing Luna and her guards to spread out and take cover at any spot they could find.

"You'll never take us alive, Nightmare Moon!" screamed Blackheart as he threw a firecracker into a window across from his own. "It's evil monsters like you that don't deserve to live, let alone serve Equestria!"

To finish his statement, Blackheart took out his pistol and quickly scanned for any sign of Luna. Then, he looked up and saw a group of flying ponies flying towards the city hall. Seeing that it was Celestia, he aimed it right at the elder of the two sisters.

"SISTER, WATCH OUT!" shouted Luna to the flying group and upon hearing this, they split up, much to Blackheart's frustration. One half of the flying group flew to the right and then came back right towards the hall.

Another blast of alicorn magic was fired at the building, but this magic was gold colored and striking the left side of the building. In fact, the blast was so strong that it tore a hole in the wall of Blackheart's office. But, Blackheart was unfazed.

"Finally, you're here," he gasped and aimed his pistol at Celestia again, who was now clad in gold battle armor.

Firing a bullet, Blackheart watched with evil intent, hoping that somehow the bullet could bypass the protection Celestia would impose on herself and her platoon. However, that wasn't to be as the blast fired from the pistol ricocheted and much to his shock, Celestia was aiming directly for Blackheart. Before he could refire his gun, Celestia flew through the window and took down Blackheart while some of Celestia's guards took on Red Flames. Seeing that her sister was in mortal danger, Luna motioned for several of her night guards to storm the doors.

"Hurry!" she called, pointing to a buildings beam laying down on the ground. "You three, pick up that beam and break down the doors!"

Using all of the strength that they could muster, the night soldiers managed to break down the doors and easily overpower any bodyguards that tried to fight back. But, Luna was not going to rest easily and she quickly dashed up the stairs, walking over any dying soldiers that laid on the stairs. Once she got upstairs to Blackheart's office, Luna was horrified to see her sister on her back, trying to defend herself from Blackheart's fury.

"Now, I've got you right where I want you," he laughed reaching into his pocket and pulling out what appeared to be a pocket knife. "Say Goodbye, Princess Celestia!"

Celestia continued to struggle, but realized that unless something were to happen quickly, she was going to die at the hands of a demented pony mayor. Before she could be killed off however, Celestia managed to use one of her back legs to whack Blackheart on the side of his stomach. Getting back to her feet, Celestia fired another blast of magic at Blackheart, who quickly shielded himself with his desk. Luna also joined in the fight, firing several blasts of magic at Blackheart. By then, the battle was very much in the favor of the royal sisters as Red Flames was soon overpowered by the combined sisters' forces.

"There is no more reason to fight us, Blackheart," said Celestia. "I made a grave mistake by appointing you to this position. Now, you will suffer the consequences of your actions."

"What are you going to do about it?" hissed Blackheart, who then opened his torn shirt. "Kill me? Because that's what you should do, so go on! Place your horns into my heart! Come on! Do it!"

But, the sisters were not going to comply and instead motioning for several guards to come forward and wrestle Blackheart down to the ground, restraining him.

"Not today, Blackheart," said Celestia firmly. "You are hereby under arrest for major crimes against Equestria."

Then, she turned towards the restrained Red Flames, who was being held by several guards.

"And as for you," thundered Celestia. "You are also hereby under arrest for being an accomplice to public enemy number one, Mayor Blackheart!"

"He is a deputy mayor," cried Blackheart, only to be met with a cold slap in the face by Luna.

"Who is guilty of his own actions just as much as you," retorted Luna, firmly. "Take them away to the dungeons our loyal warriors and lock them up! Soon, all of Equestria will know the real intentions of you both."

As quickly as it began, the firefight was over and the battle to capture Blackheart and Red Flames was over. But, the war was far from over as a trial of mammoth proportions would soon begin…