• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 3,045 Views, 226 Comments

Saved from Stoning - twilightsparkle3562



Princess Celestia saves a pony from Rainbow Falls from stoning by her fellow townsfolk and gives her sanctuary in Canterlot. While investigating the matter further, she discovers of laws made without her approval.

  • ...
26
 226
 3,045

"Let Who is Without Sin Cast the First Stone"

Princess Celestia was a mare who didn't have a hateful bone in her body. Despite being the ruler of Equestria, she always handed down laws and punishments with swift and compassionate actions. If there were any punishments that would be carried out, it would be punishments that didn't involve killing because that was who Celestia was: a pony who didn't believe in harsh punishments.

However, there were moments where Celestia would be confronted with ponies that were targeted for death simply because they were unclean souls that purged the clean land of Equestria with their filth. One morning, Celestia would be confronted with such an issue as she was having breakfast with Princess Luna.

"There's trouble in Rainbow Falls, your highnesses," said a guard as he ran into the dining room interrupting the sisters' breakfast.

"What is happening?" cried Celestia, giving the guard her undivided attention.

"A mare is accused of adultery," explained the guard. "Our soldiers in Rainbow Falls report that a group of ponies from the town are bringing the mare here for you to judge her."

This news left both Celestia and Luna dumbfounded of the situation. In a sense, Celestia had a gut feeling that something about this was not right. Finally, after a few moments of thought, Celestia gave her orders.

"Summon whatever guards you can find," she ordered. "I want these ponies to be controlled before they cause any unnecessary damage. Is that clear?"

"At once, your highness," replied the guard and he darted out of the dining hall.

Once he was gone, both Celestia and Luna realized what was happening. They both knew that something about this was not right at all and she needed to take action to defend this mare. In their minds, this was a pony who was in a situation that she wanted to get out of.

"What do we do, sister?" wondered Luna. "We can't let an innocent pony get hurt or worse. These ponies are wanting blood to flow from this mare, simply for doing something that she probably didn't want to be a part of."

"I am very aware of that, Luna," responded Celestia hastily as she kept her dignity in check. "Everypony is entitled to not be in a situation that they don't want to be in. But, there is absolutely no reason at all for anypony to suffer because of this, whether it is a law or not."

"Then what will you do, sister?"

"I will try and talk them out of it with my words," said Celestia, firmly. "The last thing I want is for a death in Canterlot to take place over the account of a relationship that was nopony wants to be a part of."

Just then, the sounds of yells and screams were heard and the two sisters went out to see a mob of ponies dragging what appeared to be a beaten and bruised female earth pony who was clearly struggling to not want to be pushed against her will. Both royal sisters couldn't help but feel genially sympathetic for this pony.

Seeing the pony crying in fear and pain made Celestia angry and without saying anything to Princess Luna, Celestia darted out of the dining room and made her way hastily down to the courtyard. Once she got down to the courtyard, Celestia stood firm as the mob got louder and louder, crying for the pony to be stoned.

"Stone her! Stone her! Stone her!" shouted the mob as the guards formed a barricade to stop the mob from going any further. The guards did everything they could, but the pony mob was not going to back down that easily. For a while, the ponies seemed to gain the upper hand and seeing her guards being pushed back made Celestia cross.

"SILENCE!" she barked in her Royal Canterlot voice and silencing the crowd. "What is the meaning of this behavior you are all causing?"

One of the ponies nodded and a few ponies in the rear of the mob pushed the beaten mare before Celestia's feet. Looking down at this poor and defenseless creature, Celestia could see the fear in her eyes, fear that showed she was in a situation she was trying to get out of.

"Please…help me," she whispered, tears forming in her eyes.

Draping a wing over the pony, Celestia sighed sympathetically and faced the mob with a stern, yet firm glance on her face.

"She has committed adultery, your highness," said the leader of the mob. "The law calls for her to be stoned. We cannot have filth in Equestria such as her."

"Why do you call her filth?" asked Celestia firmly in an angry voice. "She is a pony no different than any of the rest of you. Laws can be changed and if you want to harm this pony, then you will show me evidence of such an act before I pass any judgment of any sort."

The crowd of ponies looked at each other with confused glances and realized that there was nothing they had to show Celestia that this pony had committed adultery.

"So, you have nothing to show for your actions?" asked Celestia, her voice making her sound equal to a defensive mother trying to protect her youth. "Then, I say this to you all. Let you who is without sin cast the first stone."

The crowd looked at one another with worried glances and realized that without any evidence to show that this pony was guilty of the crime of adultery, they couldn't possibly convict this innocent mare that was in Celestia's protection of doing such an act.

"I should have known," Celestia said, crossly, her horn glowing strongly. "You are all just a bunch of fools that loved seeing ponies being put to death. Well, you will not get your wish with this mare. So, if I were you, I'd leave here now and never set foot in Canterlot again until you all come back to provide me with hard evidence of any crimes that happen in your town. NOW GO!"

Fearing for their own safety, the crowd dispersed and walked back the way they came with the guards walking behind them. Once they were gone, the frightened green earth pony nervously looked up to Celestia, her face strewn with tear stains and her body covered in bruises as a result of her beatings.

"Thank you, my savior," she whispered, hugging Celestia's leg tightly. "You don't know how much this means to me. They wanted to kill me because I was with a pony I didn't love."

"That doesn't matter now," said Celestia. "You are in the safety of Canterlot castle, my child. Rest assured that you are welcome to stay here as long as you like, free from anypony who will make you do anything against your will."

Suddenly, Princess Luna came running down the stairs, having witnessed what had happened from the dining room window. She looked down at the pony and let out a deep sigh out of pure empathy.

"She's hurt all over, sister," remarked Luna, examining the beaten pony. "What do we do?"

"For now, we take here inside and have our physicians look her over," said Celestia. "Then, I want our guards in Rainbow Falls to keep an eye on those ponies who were here with cold blood in their eyes. We've never made such laws that calls for ponies to be put to death because of something that they didn't want to do."

"I, for one, completely agree with you sister," said Luna, looking down at the frightened mare. "Some ponies will want nothing more than to take the laws of Equestria into their own hooves."

Celestia nodded at this remark and realized that this pony who was now begging for sanctuary from her angry kinsfolk needed to be given not just sanctuary, but a home as well...