• Published 2nd Feb 2017
  • 3,045 Views, 226 Comments

Saved from Stoning - twilightsparkle3562



Princess Celestia saves a pony from Rainbow Falls from stoning by her fellow townsfolk and gives her sanctuary in Canterlot. While investigating the matter further, she discovers of laws made without her approval.

  • ...
26
 226
 3,045

"How Dare You Destroy My Marriage?"

The news that she was freed from her marriage to Red Flames was a shock to Green Sleeves to say the least, but this caused her to be conflicted. Yes, Celestia did free her from the marriage to an evil pony, but this was a case that should have been her own decision. But, it was too late now. In fact, Green Sleeves had the thoughts of another pony deep in her mind.

"I appreciate you coming here on such short notice, Princess Cadence," said Green Sleeves as she laid down on her back. "But, why must Princess Celestia make a personal decision that I have to make? Red Flames is my husband and I must remain at his side unless I make the decision to separate from him."

"Because we want what is best for you, Green Sleeves," replied Princess Cadence, sitting next to Green Sleeves on the bed. "Is there anypony else that you love for who you are?"

"Yes," she replied, turning over towards Cadence while sighing heavily. "Irish Coffee, my friend and a pony who has been infatuated with me for quite some time. Sometimes, I wonder whether or not I made the right decision by marrying Red Flames instead of him. But, it seems that it was all for nothing now."

Cadence assessed the situation and got up to process her thoughts. This was already proven to be a difficult challenge for the Princess of Love. She had been in many situations before of this nature, but this was something completely different to say the least.

"Well, no love spell can force you to love Irish Coffee," Cadence said after briefly pacing back and forth. "You need to decide for yourself whether or not the path you've chosen is the right one. You must remember Green Sleeves, think of what goes through Red Flames' mind when you are around him, what he really thinks of you and whether or not he truly loves you. Think about that as you sleep tonight."

Green Sleeves took in what she heard from Cadence and spent the next few moments looking up at the ceiling of her guest bedroom. She had to strongly consider of whether or not it was necessary to have married let alone love a pony who was nothing more than a sadist and a pony who swore loyalty to a pony that didn't about the ponies he governed.

"I will say that it won't be easy for me, Princess Cadence," said Green Sleeves. "How did you go through the process with Prince Armor?"

"It's a long story," she chuckled, turning around slightly. "But, it is really a story that is a happy one, Green Sleeves. You can find your happy story and that is why I am here to help you: to find your happy story. Now, go to sleep, we will start your healing process in the morning."

Green Sleeves smiled and watched with tired eyes as Cadence left the room and gently shutting the door behind her. As much as she wanted to start her life over, she was still technically married to Red Flames…but not for much longer.

At that moment, Princess Celestia, flanked by two guards walked down towards the dungeons and holding the paper that annulled the marriage of Red Flames and Green Sleeves, approached the cell that held Blackheart and Red Flames. The sounds of boos and jeers came from the captured Rainbow Falls officials for their displeasure towards the pony that had ended their reign.

"SILENCE!" bellowed Celestia in her royal Canterlot voice, quieting the angry ponies before turning her attention towards Red Flames. "I have news for you, Red Flames."

"What do you mean news, mare?" he snarled, getting up from his sitting spot and going over towards the bars. "What is that you hold in your magic?"

"It's a scroll declaring Green Sleeves as a free mare," she said. "The pony you tried to have killed for wanting to get away from you."

Red Flames' eyes crossed and he became cross at this.

"What are you talking about?" he cried. "Let me see what has been said on the paper."

Honoring his request, Celestia unfolded the scroll and plastered it on the bars. Red Flames carefully read the annulment and he felt himself growing more and more furious by the sounds of deep angry breaths forming in his chest. But, Celestia didn't care how this pony was feeling. As far as she was concerned, Red Flames was getting what he deserved.

"You selfish, corrupting, greedy tyrant!" he said, angrily, his voice rising with fury. "HOW DARE YOU DESTROY MY MARRIAGE?!"

"It's over, Red Flames," Celestia said, quietly, not being fazed by the furious pony whose marriage was destroyed. "Green Sleeves is no longer married to you and she is free from the nightmare you put her in."

"I put her in a nightmare?!" he cried, spitting Celestia in the face. "Excuse me?! She chose to be put in the nightmare that she was in when she turned her attention to that Irish Coffee! So, how dare you accuse me of something that she caused! ANSWER ME!"

"You answered your own question, Red Flames," answered Celestia, remaining steadfast. "Just as you all sealed your own fate by the actions you have caused. As of right now, you are all stripped of your ranks and titles. You are all charged as war criminals, all of you and you are all to be put on trial for your actions tomorrow!"

"That doesn't excuse for what you did to our marriage, Celestia!" shouted Red Flames, the flapping of his mouth continue to produce spit that hit Celestia on the face. "I swear that when I get out of this, I will personally have you charged for kidnapping and…"

But before he could finish his sentence, Celestia activated a spell that closed his mouth tight and all Red Flames could do was make muffled noises as he loudly protested the treatment that he, his boss and their comrades were receiving.

"I am one of the four rulers of Equestria," said Celestia, firmly, her eyes locked on the prisoners. "And you will have to do much better than that if you want me to be removed from power. Let's go."

Turning to the guards, Celestia left the prisoners alone and completely exhausted, returned to her chambers and immediately went right to sleep after all that had happened.

Meanwhile, Hans Horsebein was leaving Canterlot Castle when he saw Jack McColt looking down on him from a tall building.

"So, that's the pony who will be prosecuting my clients?" he thought to himself. "Well, I can say this: may the best pony win."

Hans didn't know how the trial was going to go, but he knew that this was a fight that he was not going to win and that his clients were all going to pay for their crimes in some way: either being executed after the trial or watching their lives rot away in the mirror of a prison cell in Tartarus.

Only time would tell how everything was going to go…