• Published 4th Jan 2017
  • 872 Views, 9 Comments

Internet Issues - The Great Wub Tub



When Vinyl and Octavia find out that their downed internet will be remaining down, they begin to take measures to not go insane.

  • ...
1
 9
 872

Internet Issues

“Taaavi, I don’t know how much longer I can take this. Eight days, it has been eight days, and now you’re saying that they want us to wait...how much longer!?” Vinyl grumbled, staring quite angrily at the laptop screen in front of herself, repeatedly putting the refresh button of a web page through it’s paces as her phone struggled to be an efficient replacement router.

“Nine more days, Vinyl. Due to some...unforeseen circumstances, it is going to take them nine more days to send out somepony to even look at our little internet problem.” Octavia said from her spot on the couch, sprawled out and holding her phone high above her face. Her expression wasn’t as vivid as Vinyl’s, but her disgruntled emotions were still evident and could be felt.

It was a dark, dark day in the Taviscratch household. The desktop computer they shared sat uselessly in the corner, collecting dust as the router’s DSL light simply blinked, taunting them, laughing at them and their situation. A collection of games sat unopened a top of Vinyl’s game console, unable to be downloaded for the time being, unable to be played to their entirety. Unable to be enjoyed by those who had purchased them. Vinyl eventually gave another angry grunt, before placing her laptop to her side and flopping back on the bean bag chair, glaring holes into the ceiling.

“Okay. I’m bored. I’ve been through Restraining of Eye Sack more times than I can count. All the Mist games I want can’t be downloaded. I could keep making mixes, sure, but without being able to upload any of them it can get sort of annoying... Octavia, what are we going to do?” Vinyl whined, turning her head to look at her beloved, who only looked back with an equally despondent gaze.

“Normally I’d say we just lug all your things to Golden Oaks Library to steal the connection from that place, but ever since not only Twilight moved in, but that unseemly centaur blew it to little bits, that proves a little difficult.” Octavia responded, closing her eyes. The pair had been in quite the high hopes yesterday. They said been set to receive a technician. Somepony that was going to fix their mysterious internet blunder. Then, Octavia had received the automated message, and they’d been mourning ever since. Vinyl just huffed, dragging her large frame off of the bean bag chair and placing her face on the couch, so she was mere inches from Octavia.

“You know. This wouldn’t be so bad if we knew either what was wrong, or we weren’t the only one dealing with this problem.” Vinyl huffed a bit. They’d called up and down the street which led to their home, but none of them suffered the same fate as Octavia and Vinyl. One of the prices of living on the outskirts of Ponyville in their own home, really.

“No, it wouldn’t...but that’s regrettably the position of lacking knowledge we find ourselves in. We should try seeing if we can just spend these next nine days at Lyra and Bonbon’s. They’ve not only got internet, but should be coming back from Manehatten from that Candy Convention soon.” Octavia mused, scooting her face a little closer to Vinyl’s own. Vinyl just smirked slightly

“Maybe they brought us something tasty from the convention? Sweets, or some chocolates?” Vinyl inquired, pushing her thoughts onto more optimistic frontiers compared to the harbor they’d been drifting in ever since Octavia had informed her that their glorious first world problem was going to need to be endured for that much longer.

“Mmmm, I bet you’d just adore if they brought you something to snack on, wouldn’t you, piggy?” Octavia hummed, reaching under Vinyl and giving a prod to her soft gut. The large unicorn only gave a soft chuckle, before leaning in and closing the gap, pressing her lips against Octavia’s own and claiming her with a soft kiss. Octavia released a pleased sounding hum, allowing her eyes to close before she pressed back into the kiss. The pair of musical ponies shared the quiet, pleasant moment for as long as they liked, before finally separating.

“If I’m a piggy, that just makes you a piggy lover and enabler.” Vinyl countered the cellist, who simply snickered in response.

“I suppose you’re right. Whatever am I to do about it?” Octavia questioned, suddenly sitting up, before swinging one leg over Vinyl’s head and placing it onto the other side. Vinyl raised herself slightly to let the legs close, before depositing her chin upon Octavia’s lap, eyes gazing upwards at the grey mare.

“You could just keep doing what you’re doing. I know I wouldn’t mind. Maybe join in a little?” Vinyl proposed, reaching her hands forward and beginning to gingerly rub and massage at Octavia’s hips and thighs, going in and out of the skirt which hid Octavia’s lower regions from the world. The cellist smirked down at Vinyl, idly running one hand through the DJ’s hair, whilst the other played with her lover’s head ponytail, spinning it slightly.

“Oh I bet you’d just take the utmost delight in if I joined in, now wouldn’t you? Became a good and proper gourmaud?” Octavia asked, enjoying the bit of banter that the pair were engaged in. It was much more positive than just complaining and whining, after all. Plus, seeing a smile on Scratchie’s face versus a constant expression of grump was a win in Octavia’s book.

“What, a mare is allowed to have preferences and wants. I know that you definitely did.” Vinyl retorted, beginning to climb the couch and by extension, Octavia, getting their faces closer and closer once again. She did this till she was resting on her knees, her stomach on Octavia’s legs, and her face eye to eye with Octavia’s once more. They spent the next few moments just staring into one another’s eyes, faces equal levels of smug, one waiting for the other to make a move. At last, both of their faces broke, the pair of them bursting into fits of giggles.

“Come on you big goof. Collect your stuff. I’m sure that Bonbon and Lyra will be more than happy to accompany us for an extended week.” Octavia giggled, the DJ snickering as she got up and onto her hooves, horn lighting up to unplug all her system, while she turned about to begin wrapping it all up. Octavia just took the moment to sit back, and enjoy the sight of Vinyl’s surplus derriere. Well, if Bonbon and Lyra’s didn’t pan out, that gave her more than one idea of what she and Vinyl could do to pass the time...

Author's Note:

Frontier is the worst damn ISP in America, hands down. Like...holy shite. So, I was so frustrated with them I wrote THIS. Cause, ya know, that'll show 'em.

Comments ( 9 )

I know the feeling. Sky Cable was .... probably the worst I've ever experienced.

Surprisingly not a clopfic!

7843303 ALMOST GOT THERE. But nope.

Soooooooooooooooooooo cute!:rainbowkiss:

7843891 Sooooooooo glad ya think so!!

Ah, Frontier. I'm still not sure why we keep paying those clowns money. Even after we replace our inside wiring, try several replacement DSL modems, they replace the demarc box, and their techs hook up some stuff that shows them the problem is definitely in their lines, they *still* haven't fixed the line for months... So sometimes it's up, sometimes it's slow, and sometimes it's down entirely. At least it's tolerable when the weather is good... (But it's infuriatingly bad when the weather isn't so good...)

7844224 We're paying 20 bucks a month for 100kbps and they don't offer us any bigger or better packages. Pretty sure we're supposed to be getting more than that, too. Thankfully we're getting Comcast out here, and they're hopefully going to be doing the job right this time. I know Comcast has it's own issues, buuuut I'll do anything for good net by now.

7844224 our electricity does the same thing, and when it goes out EVERYTHING goes,and it can last days.:twilightoops:

Login or register to comment