• Published 22nd Dec 2016
  • 4,418 Views, 76 Comments

Omninexes: Equestria's Hero - goldenrise365



Get costume together? Check. Go to convention? Check. Get stuck in an alternate form of Equestria after buying a jacket from The Merchant? That wasn't on the list. Well, this is going to be interesting.

  • ...
26
 76
 4,418

Falling into a New World... Literally! (Editted)

I felt the wind whip past me. I felt like I was falling. I opened my eyes and figured out why. The wind was going by so fast that I couldn't hear myself scream. "This is what I get for conversing with the Merchant." I was waving my arms all around. I then saw the device on my wrist. "I really hope the rumors are true." I began twisting the face of the watch until a green hologram appeared. "Here goes nothing." I hit the device with my free hand. A bright green light surrounded me. I felt wings sprout from my back, and my body became cold.

"Big Chill."

My voice was soft and breathy. I caught the wind with my new wings and landed safely. "That could've ended badly." I looked around the snow filled area. My wings folded into a cloak over me. "Time to figure out where I am." I started walking in a random direction, like anyone would. I continued walking for a while until I came across a field. "What is a field doing in the middle of a snow terrain? Something doesn't seem right." I heard a high pitch scream. "And there's my evidence." I unfurled my wings and flew in the direction of the steaming. I saw of group of humanoid ponies.

There was a group of earth ponies in black armor. They surrounded an amber colored alicone with a red and yellow mane. She wore a orange shirt and tan pants. "What do you want?" she asked.

"Master Vilgax wants your DNA for an experiment," said one of the ponies. The group then turned their spears onto her. "Come with us peacefully, or we'll bring you to him ourselves."

"Looks like I'll have to show them how to play nice." I jumped out from my position and landed between the mare and earth ponies. "Gentlemen."

"Another one. Fine, we're taking you both in." The earth ponies pointed their spears at me.

"Ok, we'll... freeze." I took in a huge amount of air, and then let out a chilling breeze. The earth ponies were frozen in their place.

"What did you do?" asked the mare.

"Just froze them in place. They'll be fine." I fully turned around. "You ok?"

"Yeah. Just a little freaked out, but thank you." She smiled at me. "What are you?"

"Oh, well I'm not like this all the time. Here I'll show you." I pressed the symbol on my chest and returned to normal. "See."

"Wow! I thought changlings could only change their appearance." She began observing me. "Your obviously sapient. Only hair on the head. Are you human?"

"Yes I am." I decided to go by a different name. "Ben Tennyson at your service."

She giggled. "Its a pleasure to meet you Ben. I'm Sunset Shimmer." She began looking around the area. "We're really far from the Crystal Empire." When she tried to stretch out her wings, one retracted. "I can't fly out of here."

I began thinking of something to do. Then I had an idea. "I think I know what to do."

"I'm all ears."

I activated the Omnitrix, and looked through the aliens. "Just watch." I found what I was looking for, and hit the button. The green light surrounded me. I felt the feeling of wings sprouting from my back once again. I also felt my moth extend and my fingers and toys lengthen.

"Astrodactyl." My voice was higher pitched, but slightly.

"Wow. How can you do that?"

"Well I don't know the exact fiction, but it uses DNA to create these forms. Now how about we get out of here."

"Sure." Sunset wrapped her arms around me, and I blushed a bit. Thankfully she didn't notice.

"Next stop, The Crystal Empire." I activated my jetpack and flew off. Thankfully there wasn't that much turbulence. "How you holding up?"

"Pretty good, giving that I never done this before."

"Same here."

"What?"

"Nothing." I continued flying until I saw the city in sight. "Crystal Empire straight ahead." I flew over the city, and looked down. The Crystal city was a breath taking sight, but I had a mission to complete. "Where should I land?"

"There's a dragon pad at the top of the castle. I'll send out a flare so they know we're friendly." Sunset charged her horn and sent up a blast. A blue blast was sent back in return. "We're good to land."

"Alright." I pulled up towards the top. When I flew over the landing pad, I saw two ponies waiting for us. One was a unicorn stallion that had grey fur and a black mane. He was wearing grey armor. The other was an alicorn mare with black fur and a starry mane. She wore a blue dress. I finally landed on the pad.

Sunset smiled at the two awaiting us. "Sombra, Nightmare. I'm glad your both ok."

"We should be saying that to you," said, who I could assume was, Sombra.

"We heard about the soldiers coming," said Nightmare. "I knew we should have sent a guard after you." She then looked over to me. "But it appears that you had a hero with you." Nightmare walked up to me. "Who and what are you?"

"I'm Ben Tennyson, human. Oh, wait." I pressed the symbol on my arm and turned back. "Defiantly human."

"What interesting technology. You must tell me how it works later on."

"I think I can do that." I looked around the decorative castle. "Nice place."

"Why thank you," said Sombra. "I'm happy other can take in its beauty. How about you come in and join us for some dinner. After all, you did just save our daughter."

"Wait, Sunset is your daughter?"

"I know it may not look like it but, yes. And we don't know what we would do if we lost her. So please come."

"Can't argue with that." I followed the three inside. The castle was decorated with all kinds of different crystals. I tried to take in the whole room, until I hit a wall.

Sunset and Nightmare giggled. "Try not to take it all in," said Sombra with a smile.

"Yeah, right." I followed the three until we reached a huge room. The walls were double the size of the hallways. In the center was a decorative table.

Sombra walked up to a pony in a chef's jacket. "We have a guest joining us this evening. Would you please put another place setting for him?"

"Of coarse sir." The chef snapped his fingers and a plate, silverware, and glass appeared in an empty spot.

We all took a seat around the table and were served dinner. "Sorry if this meal doesn't fit your pallet. We never had a human here before."

"That's quite alright. I like to expand my pallet." And dinner was interesting. Salad, roasted veggies and chocolate cake for dessert. I let the other three converse while I just listened. Until Nightmare pulled me into the conversation.

"So Ben, do you think you can explain how your device works?"

"I guess so." I wiped my mouth and began. "This device is called the Omnitrix. It collects and stores data and DNA from over a million different types of species. It then compiles that data into unusable forms for me. I gain the beings powers and form. I can usual keep in control, but the beings personality might take over sometimes. And that's it."

"That is quite interesting. Can we see a demonstration of how it works?" asked Sombra.

"Sure, but there's nothing to scan."

"How about me," said Sombra. "Its worth a shot."

"Ok. Omnitrix scan." The Omnitrix opened up and began analyzing Sombra. "Being scanned. Data collected. Form ready." A green hologram appeared. I hit the button and transformed.

I felt something sprout from my head and my hair go down to the back of my neck. Once my vision cleared, I saw the other's stunned looks. "It worked." My voice was almost an exact match for Sombra's.

"Ok, but this is a little weird."

"I agree." I pressed the symbol on my green chestplate and turned back. "As you can see, it works well."

"Yeah," said Sunset. "Do you think you can do me next?"

"Maybe another time Sunset. It's probably been a long day for Ben." Sombra turned to me. "I'll show you to one of the spare rooms." I followed Sombra out of the room and down one of the halls. When we further away he began talking. "You are truly brave Ben. How many soldiers did you face?"

"Around twenty."

"Well you did good. You helped Equestria today, and you should be rewarded. You may stay in this castle for as long as you like. And I will try to answer any questions you may have."

"There is one. What did Vilgax do when he arrived in Equestria?"

"I thought you would ask that. Well he mostly just started attacking the citizens. When we tried to go against him, he had this weapon. It could incapacitate any of us. We were going against him one last time, but he blasted us with his device. Thankfully a group of Wonderbolts escaped the blast, and destroyed the machine. Now he's looking for DNA from ponies to build a new weapon. All we can do is hope that we can defeat him before the weapon is complete." Sombra had tears in his eyes. "I just hope to never see a battle like that again."

"You won't. You have me to help now, and I won't stand by for destruction."

Sombra smiled. "You have a good heart Ben. Never forget that." Sombra led me to my room. "Here we are, have a good night."

"You too." Sombra walked off as I entered the room. "This is going to be interesting."

-------------

Vilgax kept rewinding the footage from the battle. "I thought I was rid of that pest." He then gave a dark chuckle. "But he has given me the true power source I need. The Omnitrix will be mine!"

---------------

That's how I wanted it to go, but it ended up differently.