• Published 13th Dec 2016
  • 268 Views, 0 Comments

Dreams - abbymcvey87



Octavia wakes up in the middle of the night after a terrible dream.

  • ...
 0
 268

Alone

The white unicorn sat alone at the table in her small apartment. She didn't want to be alone, but she knew she only had herself to blame for the turn of events.

"Get out!"

"Octi, just calm down...

"How am I supposed to calm down? You've been seeing another mare behind my back!"

"It was only one time, we were both drunk-"

"I don't care! You slept with another mare in our own home! How am I supposed to forgive you for that?"

"I-"

"Save it for your marefriend! She probably cares!"

And with that, Vinyl was locked out of her own house.

The gray earth pony sat on her bed. Her biggest fear had come true. She was all alone.

"You are not alone, Octi!" Bon bon shouted. "And you never will be. I'll always be here for you."

"That's the same promise she made me... I suppose now you'll go comfort her while I'm still crying my eyes out here... And how can you be here for me? You don't even know what I'm going through!"

It took every ounce of strength in Bon bon's body to not smack the sniveling excuse for a pony that sat before her. Of course she thinks that she thought I never told her, or anyone else for that matter, about what really happened with Lyra. The name was still a stab through her heart, after all this time. I was too embarrassed.

"Octi, I never told you exactly what happened between Lyra and me."

"No, I suppose you didn't, but what does that have to do with-" A horrible realization struck her. "Is that what you meant when you said you weren't good enough? That she had gone to somepony else?" She watched the cream mare nod. "Oh, Bonnie, why didn't you tell me? I always thought we were so close..."

"I didn't tell anyone... I think part of me imagined that if I didn't talk about it, it wouldn't hurt as much..."

"I think I need to be alone now..." She couldn't believe her two best friends in the world had lied to her... She needed time to process this...

"Alright... well, if you need anything, just call me, okay?"

"Yeah, alright." And with that, she was left truly alone.

Vinyl thought back to that afternoon. If only I had been more careful... This was a much easier thought than If only I hadn't screwed up so bad... She and Lyra were both drunk, that hadn't been a lie. The lie was that it had only happened once. The other times she had been sober, and at least had enough sense to rent a motel room. But even the time or two they hadn't, Lyra hadn't left her underwear in plain sight. And even if she did, Vinyl would have been able to hide them before Octi saw them, because instead of hiding under the covers with a massive hangover, she would have done her usual thorough sweep before she even got home. At least Octavia was so mad at her that it happened, that she kind of forgot to ask her with whom it had happened. She couldn't see Lyra just yet, though. She was so mad at the situation that she just rented an apartment and didn't plan to leave for another week, at least. For now, she just needed to be alone.

Author's Note:

Hi! This was my first story, so I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading! Please give me some feedback in the comments if you have any, because I can only get better from here.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment