• Published 8th Nov 2016
  • 2,733 Views, 266 Comments

Twilight Finds Herself in Generation 1. - TheMajorTechie



That's pretty much all there is to it, aside from chaos. There'll be QUITE a lotta chaos...

  • ...
18
 266
 2,733

Scroll Hunter

Okay... let's see here... so, I appear to be stuck several thousand years, if not more, before the founding of Equestria. On top of that, the scroll that brought me here is nowhere to be found, and the only time spells I know of only travel a few weeks at most in both directions.

Oh! I could travel back in time and track down the exact moment that the scroll was lost! Heheh... smart girl, me... I just have to travel back a few days, and wait for myself to appear. Then I can carry out my plans to get back.


I hid silently under the cloak of my magic, watching for the moment I'd fall from the temporal vortex. Minutes passed as I patiently sat in disguise. Then hours. Finally, after roughly seven hours and forty-five minutes, I noticed the glint of the opening rift.

And of course, my target; the scroll. Ignoring the panicking mare that was me rummaging through my saddlebags, my eyes immediately locked on the scroll. The sudden fall had thrown it from the bag, and a coincidental gust of wind happened to carry it far away.

"Would you just shut up, already? I can hear you, y'know."

There goes me shouting at the 'sky being' again. Now, as for the scroll, it had already flown too far too quickly for me to reliably teleport it. Not only that, but flying after it would require for me to drop my cloaking spell, and likely start the entire fiasco again between me and my past self. So instead, taking the best route, I decided to slip a tracking spell onto the scroll as it flew into the distance. Even if I hit a corner of the scroll, it'd still be able to allow me to locate it. Unlike teleportation spells, where being even the tiniest bit off-center would result in disaster.

Unfortunately however, according to the scroll's location, either the wind took a freak turn back at that boulder, or the ponies found it.

I guess Plan B it is!