• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,917 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,917

Wherever You Are - Spike's Lament

It was another empty day in Ponyville. The search for the missing ponies continues. All of Equestria was on high alert, with more royal guards on patrol, dispatched across the land for extra security after a recent abduction since the boys were away in the Dragon Land for an egg rescue.

Princess Porcina and her forces of monsters continue to evade detection from the world, almost as if they never existed.

This does not sit well for the boys. Discord continues his longing for Fluttershy, as well as Big Mac for Applejack. Though Big Mac was glad that his filly friend, Sugarbelle, was still safe and sound, it did little to cheer him up, for his family was incomplete without AJ.

Neither of them, however, is more sadden at the Bearers of Harmony's disappearance than Spike himself. The young purple dragon would always wake up to an empty Friendship Castle, with nothing but Owliscious and a book of Sunset Shimmer for company. He misses Twilight and Starlight more than ever. Spike was used to waking up and they would be the first ponies he would see in the morning, before he begins another day of being everypony's favorite number one assistant. Of course, he's the only number one assistant the ponies ever had, which he didn't mind. It gave him a purpose in life, and a role as every ponies' favorite dragon. But without them, his life felt meaningless.

He misses Twilight's guidance on friendship, her prowess in magic, and sometimes, her crazy antics should her anxiety get out of hooves. Furthermore, he missed the company he would often get with Starlight Glimmer. It was nice to have another roomie living in the same castle with him and Twilight. He never told this to anyone else before, but after years of getting to know Starlight Glimmer and helping her become the pony she is today, she was almost like another sister to him. Better than Twilight even.

Looking out the window, Spike can see the empty Carousel Boutique, closed down from business, due to Rarity's long absence. Rarity was another pony who gave Spike a meaning to live each day. Spike sighed sadly as he recalled the first time he laid eyes on the marshmallow unicorn. He was so crazy in love with her that he felt a drive to do anything to please her, because seeing her happiness and smile was all that matters for him. And even if she doesn't return his affection, or if she's interested in another stallion, with the exception of Prince Blueblood, or heck, even if she's crushing on a smooth talking anthropomorphic cat, then he would still be alright with it. Because as long as Rarity's happy, then he's happy for her.

Spike looked down at the street of Ponyville, to see Scootaloo, walking sadly down the road, with her head hanging low to the ground. It pains Spike to see the pegasus filly like this. Without Rainbow Dash, there's just no reason for Scootaloo to look up at the sky, where her hero used to be.

The same can be said for all the residents of Ponyville. Without Pinkie Pie, the town was just quiet. Too quiet, even for Cranky Doodle Donkey's taste.

Having enough, Spike walked down the steps of Friendship Castle before arriving at the portal that connects between his world, and Sunset Shimmer's world. Without a second thought, Spike stepped into the portal, experiences a rush of adrenaline down a wormhole, until he arrives, in the form of a dog.

Looking at his surroundings, Spike looked to see that it was a cloudy day. But that doesn't waver him from taking a glimpse of the city around him.


At last, after awhile of searching, Spike finally found what he was looking for. Sunset Shimmer, together with the human counterparts of girls sans Starlight Glimmer.

Thought Spike was happy for Sunset Shimmer, seeing the former bad girl and her friends are still together, he was sad, knowing they're still not the girls he knew. Eventually, it started to rain, and Sunset and her friends took their leave, unaware of a dragon-turned-dog, watching them.

Winnie The Pooh - Wherever You Are

Every drops of rain, gently, pelted down on Spike's purple coat of fur, as he walks through the busy streets of the city. Spike would take occasional glimpse of some children, walking hand in hand with their parents, laughing as they happily walked together in the rain.

Spike was walking pass a pet center, when he noticed the human counterpart of Fluttershy, playing and tending to the animals, together with the human counterpart of Twilight, playing with his dog counterpart.

Spike looked sadly as he watched the counterpart of Twilight, giving his dog counterpart a tummy scratch, causing the dog to roll on the floor, barking and laughing, as he enjoys the moment. It brought memories for the dragon-turned-dog, as he recalls how on some occasions, whenever the world isn't being threatened, or whenever there's no magical friendship crisis, Spike and Twilight would even play together, just like that. How Spike longs to get all those times back, for when he and the boys find Twilight.

Tears streaming from his eyes, concealed by the falling rain, Spike turned away from the scene, continuing his wet, dreary walk, when a familiar voice greeted him.

"Spike?" Spike looked up, to see Sunset Shimmer herself, holding an umbrella over herself. "What are you doing out here? Aren't you-" Sunset paused, when she took a closer look at his sadden expression. "Hey, what's the matter?" She asked, getting down on one knee, while holding the umbrella over, to keep both herself and Spike dry. Sunset placed a gentle hand around Spike's head, focusing her geode magic, she looked into his memories, before sharing a look of sympathy. "Oh...oh, Spike. Come here you," She cooed, scooping up the little dragon, and wrapped him in a comforting hug.