• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,917 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,917

The Great Dragon Egg Rescue Part 2

The boys were hiding behind a rock, with Discord going over the plan, "Stay close, and follow my lead," He said. "And try not to get caught."

Spike and Big Mac both exchanged skeptical looks.


Discord held one of his eyeballs out of the rock, getting a look of the layout, before he puts his eye back in, and jumped out of from behind the rock, rolling forward to another, before he slinks his way towards another like a slug. Meanwhile, Spike and Big Mac simply walked as they followed their kooky draconequus friend.

After awhile of Discord's "amazing" maneuvers, the boys made it outside the forcefield. Big Mac passed through it just fine. Spike, as expected, was enabled to, seeing how the forcefield was dragon proof. Discord, however, was able to pass through, without his tail and a leg, both of which are dragon parts.

"Well, this is just great," Discord frowned. "I can't look like this in front of Fluttershy when I rescue her!"

"Well, you're gonna have to if you're not much help," Spike frowned.

"Says the puny little dragon who's always been in the shadows of his heroine friends," Discord mocked.

Spike growled, "If I were a full grown dragon right now, Discord. I'd give you a piece of my mind!"

"That can be arranged," Discord prepared to snap his fingers.

"ENOUGH!!" Big Mac bellowed, stopping the two. "Can you two at least try to compromise with each other and not at each other's throats?"

"He started it!" Spike and Discord spatted, pointing each other.

"Eenope," Big Mac shook his head. "This ain't another game of Ogres and Oubliettes, boys! So stop acting like little children and focus on the task at hoof! If you two can't stop bickering with each other, then think of all the creatures we'll be unable to save. And more importantly, how we'll let our friends down!"

Spike and Discord took the moment to take in Big Mac just said, before they reluctantly agreed.

"Semi-Phenomenal, nearly cosmetic, or not, I need all of my body parts if I'm ever to be any good for this rescue," Discord muttered.

Spike looked around, "Ember did mentioned that there's a hole in the forcefield around here. And it's just about my size. But I don't see it anywhere," The tuft on the end of Discord's tail turned into a hand as it gave Spike a dope slap, before pointing in the direction to show the said gap, on the young dragon's right. "Oh," With that, Spike crawled through the gap, with Discord's tail and leg following, before they reattached themselves to the rest of the draconequus.

"Okay, now that we're all together," Discord began, snapped his fingers as he dons himself a superhero costume. "Let's go!"

"Wait!" Spike stopped the draconequus. "We can't just charge in there!"

"Of course we can. There are no guards."

"Eenope!" Big Mac disagreed, tossing a small pebble, which summoned several armor clad ant creatures.

"Myrmidons!" Spike gasped.

"Eeyup."

Discord quickly counted the number of ant-men present, before he stated, "There's only seven of them. We can take seven easy."

"Seven, because I tossed a rock," Big Mac replied. "If we attack the fortress, we'll be overwhelmed by vast numbers of those things."

"Then how do we get in?" Discord asked.


The boys were later crawling through a water pipe they found, just outside of the fortress.

"Rather cliche, but effective," Discord criticized. "Ugh! I just hope Fluttershy wouldn't mind the mess I'm in when I save her," He groaned.

"I'm sure she'll appreciate you more when you save her than you being so concerned with how you appear," Spike replied. "Besides, it's not like you've looked worst in front of her, before."

"Eenope."

After a while of crawling through the waterways, the boys found a ladder which they climbed up to a hatch, carefully removing it out of place, and entered what appeared to be a storage room.

"All clear," Spike whispered to the boys, who all followed. "Now, where is that egg?"

Before their conversations could go on any further, the sound of footsteps was heard, coming from outside the door. With a snap of his fingers, Discord quickly conjured a cardboard box, hiding himself and the boys, just as some pig soldiers came walking into the room.

The pigs were snorting to each other as they flashed their lights around the room, and moving some crates.

"What did they say?" Spike asked.

"I don't know," Big Mac replied. "I don't speak pigs."

"They're speaking Pig Latins," Discord answered. "It's their native language. They're saying, 'I can't wait to have myself some dragon egg omelet.'"

Spike quickly went paled, "Oh, those pigs are sick!" He shivered in disgust.

"Doesn't surprise me," Discord replied. "Eggs are a pigs favorite delicacy," Discord's ears suddenly perked up, when he heard something that interests him. "And they're saying it was a clever move for them to disguise their hoof prints as pony hooves. Because while the dragons are busy going to war with the ponies, they can just help themselves to some unprotected dragon eggs, and have themselves a banquet, and nobody will even suspect them!"

"We've got to stop them!" Spike exclaimed.

With a snap of his fingers, Discord summoned some anvils to appear in the air, falling down and bonking on the soldiers in the room, knocking them out cold, "Done and done."

"Yeah. But we still need to rescue the egg!"

"Eeyup."

"Leave it to me," Discord said, as he conjures up a strange device, with a beeping radar on screen, which he used to guide himself and the boys to the egg, all the while avoiding the other soldiers patrolling the building.

At last, the boys came to a room, where they found the dragon egg, encased in a tall glass jar.

"There's the egg," Spike whispered, before he looked around at the room they're in. "I don't suppose you can use your powers to point out some booby traps, can you?" Spike asked Discord.

"You had to ask?" Discord snapped his fingers, conjuring a heavy mist, exposing some laser beams. "Wow, these pigs are really smart. Obviously, it's clear, what they lacked in magic, they make up for with technology."

"Then we need to get smarter," Spike suggested.

"Eeyup."

"No problem," Discord replied. "We've come this far, thanks to my brilliant genius and the cooperations of you two. Now let's use that cooperation again to think our way through this."

Spike and Discord both looked to each other, looking rather miffed at Discord's self-proclamation of being a "genius." However, as much as they'd like to give the draconequus a piece of their minds, they decided against it, knowing they've got a job to do.

"Okay, Discord," Spike began. "Got any bright ideas?"


"I had to ask," Spike muttered, as he was being lowered from the ceiling, by a huge fishing rod, courtesy of Discord, while carrying a big chunk of chocolate in his claw.

Discord and Big Mac were both in the ceiling, after they found another air vent, and were carefully lowering the purple dragon towards the floor.

"You sure about this?" Big Mac asked.

"Sure I'm sure," Discord replied. "I saw this in a movie once."

Spike was being lowered, until he was exactly at the same level with the dragon egg. With the chocolate in one claw, the little dragon carefully held a firm grip on the glass jar with the other. Then, moving his claws as quickly as he can, Spike swapped the glass jar, with the chocolate.

The boys quickly winced, waiting for anything to happen. Thankfully, nothing happened. Breathing a sigh of relief, Spike pulled on the string, and Discord quickly hoisted him up.

"Got the egg!" Spike smiled, holding out the glass jar, containing the said egg.

"Alright! Now let's get out of here and save Fluttershy!" Discord whispered.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

The boys quickly scurried their way, out of the air vent, only to be confronted by three pigs.

"Ell-way, ell-way, ell-way, ook-lay at-whay e-way ave-hay ere-hay!" One of the pig snorted.

"Huh?" Spike and Big Mac asked.

"He says, look what we have here," Discord translated.

One of the pigs looked, before he noticed the boys were carrying the dragon egg. With a snort, the pig made a lunge towards Spike, who quickly jumped out of the way.

"No doubt, he was demanding that we give him the egg back!" Spike deduced.

"Eeyup!" Big Mac agreed.

"This egg doesn't belong to you!" Spike snarled. "And that was a dirty move you pigs made! Framing ponies for stealing a defenseless dragon egg like that!"

"They're pigs, Spike," Discord muttered. "What do you expect? They fight dirty." The pigs snorted in a threatening tone, which Discord glowered, "Oh yeah? Well let me tell you something mister!" Discord began, getting his face into one of the three pigs. "Nobody, and I repeat, NOBODY KIDNAPS MY FLUTTERSHY!!! So if you don't want to become bacons, or getting face full of angry birds, then I demand you return Fluttershy right now, or I'm gonna get mad!!" The pigs snorted back in defiance, "Oh yeah? You and what army? There's only three of you, and three of us!"

In response, one of the bigs blew a whistle, in which the boys all heard the sound of chitters and chatters, as they looked around to see a swarm of Myrmidon soldiers entering the room, unsheathing their weapons, setting their sights on the boys.

"You just had to ask," Spike muttered.

"Eeyup," Big Mac grumbled in agreement.

Author's Note:

In case you're reading this note, this whole story takes place before the Molt Down. Meaning Spike has yet to sprout wings. Adds more to the difficulty for our little dragon.