• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,917 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,917

Sunset Shimmer's Consultant

The sun was setting on another dreary afternoon for Big Mac as he walks into town, towing his cart of apple treats.

On the way, he bumps into a certain draconequus who was down in the dumps than he is.

"Oh, hi Discord," Big Mac greeted the draconequus.

"Hey," Discord returns the greeting. "Apple business good?"

"Eeyup."

"Granny Smith and Apple Bloom doing alright?"

"Ee-a little."

".....want to check in on the Spike man?"

"Eeyup."

With that, the two guys were on their way towards Friendship Castle to check in on their dragon friend. But upon entering, much to their dismay, they were shocked to see that their friend is nowhere to be found.

"Spike?" The boys called out. "Yo, Spike? Ya here? Hello? Come out, come out wherever you are!"

Discord slumped in Twilight's throne as he pouted, "Great. Juuuuust great. Are we going to file ourselves a missing dragon report?"


"Here you go, Spike," Sunset said, offering him a plate of sushis, to which the young dragon-turned-dog refuses. "Come on. You've got to eat something, Spike."

"I'm just not hungry, Sunset," Spike sighed.

The fiery girl gently stroke the little dog's back as she comforted, "I'm sorry with what you have to go through now, Spike. It must be very stressful being the hero, huh?"

"It's not just being a hero, Sunset," Spike frowned. "It's being a hero, without Twilight and the girls." He sighs heavily, slumping in his seat.

"Aw, it's understandable for you to feel alone," The fiery girl cooed. "You're used to having Twilight around. But now, it's just you and....your guy friends: Big Mac and Discord!" Still, the dog was unsure. "Listen to me, Spike. You can do it!" She began, encouraging the little dragon-dog, with her pep talk. "I know you and your guys can save Twilight and the girls. You're Spike, Twilight's number one assistant. You're everybody's favorite dragon! You're cute! You're cuddly! Whenever your friends are in trouble, you never let them down! Plus, in one of my talks with Twilight, you saved the Crystal Empire, twice! And you're friends with the Dragon Lord and the Changelings! Plus, you're pals with the Spirit of Disharmony! So all I'm saying is....GO SPIKE! GO GUYS! GO!"

Spike winced, as he rubs his doggy ears from the girl's loud shout, "I'm not deaf, Sunset," The dog replied. "No need to shout."

"Sorry. I'm still getting used to giving pep talks, you know?" Sunset chuckled. "But all I'm saying is, you can do it, Spike. You and your guys just need to trust in each other some more. Because Equestria needs you guys to be its heroes now. The girls are counting on you! And are you going to let them down?"

Spike looked back up at Sunset, seeing much of Twilight and the girls in the fiery girl's eyes. This shouldn't come off as a surprise, since Sunset is practically one of Twilight's students.

Feeling a flow of positive vibes, as if he has reunited with Twilight and the girls at last, the little dog's lips curled into a smile, as he nodded in understanding, "Yeah," Spike barked. "Yeah! I mean, no! I mean, you're right! I'm not giving up on Twilight and our friends. Not now, and not ever! They've never given up on me before, so neither will I!"

"That's the spirit," Sunset nodded.

With his confidence slowly returning, as well as his hunger, Spike smiled as he enjoys himself some of Sunset's sushi, "Thanks, Sunset," The dog said. "I really needed this."

"Anytime, Spike. And don't forget. You can do it. Just remember the magic of friendship you've learned from Twilight."

The little dog smiled, "After this talk, I don't think I'm ever gonna forget it."


Equestria

Later, inside a room at Friendship Castle, the mirror rippled with magic, before Spike emerged, restored to his true dragon form, breathing in a renewed feeling of confident.

"Spike!" The young dragon looked up, to see running up to him are Discord and Big Mac.

"Hey guys," Spike greeted the two boys. "What's up?"

"We've been looking all over for you, that's what's up!" Discord answered.

"Why? Is there another bad guy on the loose?" The young dragon asked, looking ready for some actions.

"No, nothing like that," Big Mac replied. "We thought you were kidnapped or something," The stallion sighed, "After losing AJ and the girls, and so many other ponies, we just can't afford to lose you. Y'know?"

Spike nodded in understanding, "Eeyup," He said. Looking up, Spike puts a reassuring claw on both of his pals' shoulders, "Listen guys. I know we're under a lot of pressures right now, and everything, and everybody's counting on us, but no matter what happens, we're all in this together," Big Mac and Discord both looked at the little dragon as he continued, "Twilight and the girls have always been heroes, because we all needed them. But now, it's our turn to be their heroes. So no matter what happens, we must never give up! It's not over!"

Discord and Big Mac both turned to each other, exchanging glances before they turned to Spike and voiced their agreements.

"As cliche it was for you to give a long rousing speech," Discord began, before he smiled, "I approve. Besides, I'm doing this for Fluttershy. And where she is, I just hope she's okay by the time I...I mean, we find her."

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed. "I may be strong, but Applejack's the strongest of all the apples put together, ten fold. I just need to be stronger for her, and the family right now."

"And it was always much easier to let Twilight take charge of things," Said Spike. "But I did learn one thing from Twilight! As long as we stick together, we can do anything!"

"True that," Discord nodded.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

With that, Spike held his fist out, with Big Mac joining in, followed by Discord, "Together we are the 3Ds. A dragon! A draconequss! And a dude! YEAH!!"

"Let's go show Porcina what we're made of!" Spike declared.

"Eeyup!" Big Mac agreed.

"Well let's go save Fluttershy and cook some BACONS!!!" Discord cheered.

"YEAH!!!"

Suddenly, Spike's cheek swelled up, before he burps a blast of green fire, conjuring a scroll. Upon unrolling the parchment of paper, Spike quickly reads the message, before he announces, "It's from Princess Celestia! She has news about the Myrmidons!"

Author's Note:

The Year of the Pig has started. And until it ends, this story is not going to end with Princess Porcina as the winner!