• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,916 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,916

The Great Dragon Egg Rescue Part 1

My Little Pony Theme Song - But there's no song and no ponies


Previously....

Spike, Discord, and Big Mac have finally discovered the true culprit behind the disappearance of ponies across Equestria, together with the recent monster attacks. All of which are the nefarious works of the evil, self-centered, Princess Porcina, an evil pig sorceress whom Princess Celestia defeated many years ago.

For the moment, Porcina's whereabouts remains unknown. It's up to our three heroes to do what they do best. Protect and rescue the ponies from all the monster attacks, and gather clues that would lead them to their missing friends, before it is too late....


A week has passed, meaning Discord's sentence would've been over. However, the magic lock on him remains, as it requires all six Bearers of the Elements of Harmony, plus Starlight, to unlock it. And they can't, since they're not present at the moment.

Nevertheless, the three boys refused to give up on their mission to find their missing friends. Spike had spent many restless night, searching through books for some answers in the Friendship Castle's library, while Big Mac works overtime to fill in for Applejack and to keep the apple family's business prosper, since that is something his missing sister would want him to do.

As for Discord......needless to say, nobody misses Fluttershy than him.

The Shake Ups In Ponyville - Pinke Butterflies


Celestia's sun had set over the horizon of Equestria, ending another dreadful Pinkie Pie-less day. Princess Luna's moon soon rose up, into the sky, with a blanket of stars, starting another night for everyone across Equestria. Hopefully, a night without any monsters to spoil it.

It hasn't been easy for Spike, but eventually, he managed to go to sleep, snoring like a log in his bed, when there was a knock at the Friendship Castle's front door, echoing through the halls and startling him awake, "Now who could be up at this hour?" Spike grumbled, as he got out of bed and makes his way to the doors. "I'm coming!" He called.

When he finally got to the front door, Spike opened up to see three full grown dragons, clad in suits of armor stood before Spike.

"Um, can I help you?" Spike asked.

"We don't need your help," One of the dragons answered. "But Dragon Lord Ember does."

"Ember?" Spike snapped fully awake. "What is it? What's the problem?"

"She'll tell you when we bring you to her," The dragon boomed, before he lowered his head for the little dragon to climb on. "Now get on so we can take you to her!"

Spike complied, as he jumped on the dragon's neck and held onto his crests tightly in his hands. Then, with a flap of his mighty wings, the dragon took flight with his two comrades, while carrying Spike into the air.

"WWWWWWWHOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAA!!!!" Spike screamed as the burst of adrenaline nearly blew him off.

Back in Sweet Apple Acres, Big Mac had just finished unloading his last basket of apples for the day before his ears perked up to the sound of Spike's screaming. The red stallion looked up to see the dragons flying off into the distance, carrying Spike away.

"SPIKE!!" Big Mac screamed. He thought Spike was in danger, "Hold on little feller! I'm coming!"

Then, in a flash of light, Discord appeared, "What! What is? Where's the fire?" The draconequus asked.

"Those dragons dragon napped Spike!" Big Mac answered.

"What?!" Discord turned his eyes into binoculars, as he looked to see the young purple dragon flying away on the back of the red dragon. "By George, you're right! Without a doubt, they're working for the enemy!" Grabbing Big Mac, Discord dons himself a superhero costume as he declared, "Heigh-ho, Big Mac! AWAY!!!"


Back with Spike

The flight was long, but finally, they made it to the Dragon Land.

Spike dismounted from the dragon he was riding on, walking up to the huge stone throne, where Ember was sitting.

"Hi Ember!" Spike greeted.

"Hey Spike," Ember greeted, getting up from her throne and walking over to Spike. "I'm glad you came. I need your help."

"Whoa, whoa, wait!" An orange dragon, between Spike and Ember's height shouted, as she came over to the purple dragon. "This is the Spike you've been talking so highly about?" She asked. "Wow, for a hero of dragons, he's quite a disappointing sight."

"Hey!" Spike exclaimed in outrage.

"Shut it, Smolder!" Ember roared. "Or you and I are gonna have some really long, serious talks!" The sapphire dragon threatened with a burst of purple flames blowing from her nostrils and through her teeth.

Smolder simply rolled her eyes, "Whatever," She replied, walking away.

Wanting to get back on topic, Spike asked, "So, what's the trouble Ember?"

"A dragon's egg has been stolen!" Ember roared.

"WHAT?!!" Spike exclaimed. "How did that happen? Who did it? When did it happen?!"

"Just recently!" Ember answered. "Some dragon-napping pony just snuck into the Dragon Land while we were all asleep, and then they just ran off with an egg!"

"A pony?!" Spike exclaimed. "H-How did you know it was a pony? I mean, since you were all asleep and everything....."

Ember shot Spike a deadpanned look before she pointed, "Because there were pony tracks, all over the nesting grounds, right there in broad moonlight." Ember pointed.

With that, Spike walked over to investigate. Sure enough, much to his horror, the tracks were indeed that of a pony. Deciding to investigate a bit further, Spike followed the track, together with the dragons before they arrived at the mouth of a huge valley, where a tall fortress resides in the center.

In appearance, the fortress appeared to be big, covered in dark metallic walls, with huge towers that spewed fires at the tops.

"Convinced now?" Ember asked.

"No way," Spike muttered. "I can't believe this. I mean, the tracks are pony tracks. But just look at that fortress. There's no way any pony can make something like that. Are there?"

"Well, believe what you want," Ember grumbled. "But that doesn't change what's been decided by us dragons. If that egg isn't rescued by dawn, then there will be war with Equestria!"

"WHAT?!!" Spike shouted. "Now hold on! You can't just blame all of Equestria for this."

"Say what you want, Spike. But it won't change our decisions on what must be done," Ember sighed.

"Well, if you want the egg so badly, we can't you just storm the fortress and take it back by force?"

"It's not that easy. That fortress has some kind of protective magic spell that your pony friends are so darn good at. It keeps us dragons out, but lets other creatures in. And the only way in is through a small hole that none of us dragons can fit through."

"So what does that....." Spike paused as he realized where Ember was getting at. "Oh!"

"Now you're getting it," Ember replied. "You're the only one we know who can fit into that hole. Once you get in there, you can just break the spell, and then we can take it from there."

"Uh, not that I don't want to help out and all, but why me?" Spike asked. "Wouldn't you want another creature to put your trust in to do the work?"

"Well, out here in the Dragon Land, we've been hearing a lot of stories about your heroism," Ember answered. "How you've been rescuing ponies, catching monsters, and stopping bad guys. We could use that heroism of yours to rescue the stolen egg."

Spike could hardly believe his ears, "Uh, well gosh. I'm flattered you think that way about my-" Spike shook his head, before he replied, "Look. I'd like to help out and all. But the thing is...I'm kinda-"

"HANG ON SPIKE!!" Discord shouted, as he and Big Mac galloped into view. "WE'LL SAVE YOUUUUUUUU!!!!"

"What the-" Before Ember can finish her sentence, she and her fellow dragons were all hogtied, in a flash of light, and an apple was stuffed in Ember's mouth.

"Serves you dragons right for picking on our pal, Spike!" Discord frowned.

"Discord! Big Mac! What are you guys doing?!!" Spike asked.

"Rescuing you of course," Discord answered.

"Eeyup."

Ember bites down on the apple in her mouth, before she roared, "SPIKE!!! WHO ARE THESE TWO?!!!"

French Narrator: One Long Explanation Later

"Oh. So these are your friends then?" Ember asked, after she and her dragons were released from their bindings. Ember looked up at Discord and eyed suspiciously, "Though, what kind of a creature are you?"

"For your information missy!" Discord began. "I'm not a what. I'm a who. And I'm a draconequus. And not just any draconequus. I'm Discord. The master of chaos. And incredibly-"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. She gets the picture," Spike interrupted. "Look the thing is Ember, with these guys, we'll get that egg and save Equestria before you can say war."

"Eeyup."

Discord, however, said otherwise, "Oh, well as much as we'd like to help out and all, we're kinda booked," Discord answered, as he pulls out a calendar. "We've got interrogating bad guys on Tuesday. Interrogate bad guys for Fluttershy on Wednesday. Hunt clues for Fluttershy on Thursday. And save Fluttershy on Friday."

"Huh?" Ember asked.

"Forget about him, Ember," Spike shook his head. "We can do this."

"Eeyup!"

Ember looked behind her, to see that the dragons all have the same questionable look on their face as she does. She looked back to analyze Spike, Discord, and Big Mac together.

Spike may be small, somewhat chubby, and baby looking, but he's got a good heart, and has a recording for being a big help in some tight situations.

Big Mac, though she doesn't know him for very long, is big and strong, as most pony goes. However, he clearly doesn't have a horn, or wings. Therefore, he's not much to count on when it comes to magic.

Lastly for Discord, his rather goofy and awkward looking appearance.....Ember just can't take him seriously.

Nevertheless, Ember sighed, "Our fates are in your claws, Spike."

"Don't worry, Ember. We won't let you down!" Spike saluted as he and the boys took off.

'Don't make me regret it,' Ember sighed.