• Published 31st Oct 2016
  • 718 Views, 2 Comments

A Just Cause (Probably): The Adventures of Rico Rodriguez in Equestria - walale12



The latest mission for everybody's favourite Dictator Removal Specialist seems simple enough: Visit country, remove dictator, and acquire whatever natural resource Uncle Sam wants. However, this time, there's a twist: He'll be 'liberating' Equestria.

  • ...
 2
 718

Chapter 2: Serenity Disturbed

Twilight Sparkle sat in her castle's library, alphabetising the latest shipment of books and parchments sent to her by her mentor, Princess Celestia. After she and all the other ponies had been liberated from Changeling captivity, and the Changelings (save for Queen Chrysalis) had left the hive for Equestria, some of Equestria's finest scientists and magic practitioners (herself included) were able to conduct and publish a wealth of research on Changeling anatomy, and their magical abilities. This, however, meant that Twilight had a lot of work to do, as she needed to properly organise and catalogue each new book and research paper on Changelings in her castle's expansive library. Thankfully, organising books was one of her favourite activities, she liked nothing better than the peace and quiet of her library as she sorted through various different tomes.

She had only one crate of them left now, and she sent her loyal baby dragon, Spike, out to collect it from her castle's foyer. He left the room, and she smiled as she heard his humming fade as he jogged off down the corridor of the castle. She had only gone back to her sorting for a moment, when she suddenly heard two loud bangs in quick succession come from within the castle.

She jumped to her hooves in a flash, and cried: "What the hay was that?!". She rushed out of the library with such speed she almost caused a sonic rainboom, and dashed towards the source of the sound. She passed down a corridor of doors to what were essentially storage rooms and broom closets, hesitating when she saw one of the doors wide open, with a pool of blood spilling out into the corridor. She walked very slowly up to it, her heart pounding with intense fear. "The portal room" she said to herself, remembering that that room was the place in which she had stored the magical mirror which transported her to Canterlot High whenever she wasn't using it. Had something dangerous come through the portal?

When she reached the door, after what felt like an eternity, but must have only been a few moments, she saw the source of all this blood. It was Spike, with two holes in his chest. He lay lifeless on his back in the pool of blood, his face frozen in fear, with his eyes wide open.

"Sweet Celestia…" was all Twilight could say, before she noticed another figure in the room. It looked just like the strange bipeds from Canterlot High, only he was holding a long piece of wood and metal, with smoke coming out of one end. She looked right at the figure, with tears in her eyes, and cried: "Are you the one who did this?" Her voice a mixture of sadness and unbridled fury.

"Sorry" was all the figure said, before a long metal wire shot out of a strange contraption on the figure's arm, and it zipped away, flying over her shoulder.

"Wait, come back here!" She screamed. She charged up a blast of magic in her horn, but the figure's sheer speed, and her current emotional state, meant that she missed by several feet. "YOU... YOU BASKET!" Twilight yelled in rage, before kneeling down next to Spike. "Spike… Spike are you there? Spike? SPIIIIKE!" She sobbed uncontrollably, he wasn't responding, she had lost one of her best friends.

After she had knelt there in her grief for several minutes, she realised that she needed to inform the princesses straight away, as a monster this powerful would almost certainly be a grave threat to Equestria's national security. She sprinted to the room where she kept her supply of quills and parchment, and began to scribble a note. With Spike gone, she would have to teleport the letter to the princesses herself.


Celestia sat in her throne room, exhausted after presiding over another session of royal court. It seemed like the disputes amongst the Canterlot nobility got pettier and pettier every day, and it was taking almost all of her willpower to not just vaporise the entirety of Canterlot in a solar death ray, or just send the nobles to the moon.

However, just as she had begun to relax in her plush throne, a letter suddenly materialised in front of her. Ordinarily, she loved receiving letters, but this one was different. It had been sent via direct teleportation, and not through the usual dragonfire to which she was accustomed. She opened the letter, and her heart skipped a beat. Firstly, because the letter was written in Twilight's own, scrawly hornwriting, and not Spike's beautiful calligraphy, and secondly, because of the letter's contents.

"Celestia,
There's been an emergency, come to my castle immediately. Bring Luna, Cadence and Shining. — Twilight"

The letter had clearly been written in a hurry, so there was no doubt in her mind that something was gravely wrong with her former student.

Comments ( 2 )

Awesome chapters you are doing a amazing job, I can't wait to read the next chapter.:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

I just found this story because i was play Just Cause 4 and wanted to see if there is a story of it on here. I want see more of this please.

Login or register to comment