• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 598 Views, 16 Comments

EquestriaBound Girls: Short Stories - Lucky Ness



A collection of EQBG stories too short to earn their own page.

  • ...
7
 16
 598

Kirby's Adventure

Author's Note:

Description: A rogue Warpstar drags Kirby through the portal.

A/N: Yes, I know that Kirby should have become Animal Kirby from eating Angel, but Kirby is just too CUTE with bunny ears! Also, Kirby's intentions for when he speaks are in parentheses.

Late one night, a yellow star emerges from the base of the Wondercolt statue, causing it to ripple. Clinging to the star for dear life, was a pink puffball named Kirby. The last thing he knew before he got to Canterlot, he was grabbing a Warpstar that he thought would take him to Dedede's castle. He had been halfway there when the star went haywire, dragging him at full speed away from Dedede's castle and all the way to Ness's bedroom, shattering Ness's window in the process, before the star drug him into Ness's mirror portal. But it appeared that the star was not done yet, going a mile a minute, rounding every corner at neck-breaking speeds (fortunately, Kirby doesn't HAVE a neck) before smashing into the ground at the front porch of a house, shattering in the process.

"Poyo!" Kirby says as he rubs his head. ("The Warpstar's never done THAT before!")

Kirby looks around, and sees that the house has a pet door.

"Poyo." Kirby says, shivering. ("It's unconventional, but at least I can get out of the chilly night air.")

Kirby walks up to the base of the door and tentatively pushes on the flap before entering the apartment. Upon getting inside, his stomach starts grumbling. He immediately starts looking around for something or someone to help him, before he comes across the kitchen. However, everything edible is unobtainable, either being in the fridge or in the cupboards, which he can't reach to open.

"Poyo!" He says as he turns to leave the kitchen. ("I'd better keep looking.")

Kirby eventually manages to find his way into a teenage girl's bedroom after having stumbled around in the dark house for thirty minutes. As soon as he enters the room, he sees something in a cage on the floor at the base of the bed. With his hunger getting the better of him, he runs to the cage and opens it, holding the cage up to his mouth, starting to inhale. He ends up eating everything in the cage, including the unfortunate animal that was sleeping in the cage. Kirby then floats up to the bed, suddenly feeling sleepy from having a full stomach. He lands on the bed, expelling the air he was using to float in the process, then lays on his belly and goes to sleep.

----

In the morning, the girl was woken up by something poking her cheek.

"Angel, cut it out." She says sleepily as she rolls onto her side. She was just about to fall back to sleep when she felt something poke her cheek again.

"Angel! I don't know how you managed to escape from your cage again, but that doesn't mean you get to wake me up." Fluttershy says groggily as she sits up with her eyes closed. She turns and sees a pink puffball with bunny ears and a bunny's tail standing beside her on the bed.

"Hiiii!"

Fluttershy, startled, falls out of bed, landing on her rear with an audible "oof."

"Who are you! How'd you get in my room!"

"Kirby!"

"You're name's Kirby?" Fluttershy asks. The puffball nods, and is about to say more, but is cut off by a knock at the front door.

"Coming!" Fluttershy says as she walks to the front door, and opens it to find Pinkie and Rainbow there.

"Morning, Fluttershy!" Rainbow says.

"Morning, girls." Fluttershy invites them in. "What's up?"

"Something came through Ness's portal last night." Rainbow says. "Twilight received a message from him through the journal. Apparently it smashed his bedroom window and flew through the portal." Rainbow would have continued, but was cut off by something pulling on her leg. She and Pinkie look down to see Kirby standing there, with an upset look on his face.

"Eyahh!" He says as his belly ripples.

"Uh, Fluttershy?" Pinkie asks after looking at Rainbow.

"Yes."

"Where's Angel?"

"He's in the cage in my room." Fluttershy reaches down and picks Kirby up. "Why?"

"Because Kirby doesn't usually have . . . ears."

"What are you implying?"

"Kirby copies the appearance and abilities of what he eats. And seeing how he has bunny ears . . . "

"It means Kirby ate a rabbit." Rainbow finishes.

Fluttershy, realizing what they just said, runs to her room to find the empty cage before returning to Pinkie and Rainbow, who's talking to someone on the phone.

"Angel's not in his cage!"

"That's because he's inside Kirby!" Pinkie says as Angel kicks Kirby from inside his stomach again, causing Kirby to fall over, groaning in pain.

"Uh, Kirby? Could you please spit Angel out?" Fluttershy asks politely.

Kirby slowly nods before standing up and spitting a star out of his mouth. The star eventually turns into Angel, causing Kirby to lose his bunny ears and tail in the process.

"Okay, Twilight. We'll see you there." Rainbow says, finishing her conversation, before turning to Fluttershy. "I let Twilight know that we found what came through the portal. She and the others are going to meet us at Sugar Cube Corner."

"Okay, let's go!" Pinkie says enthusiastically.

"Uh, Pinkie? Maybe we should let Fluttershy change out of her pajamas first?"

Pinkie turns and notices that Fluttershy is indeed still in her night clothes.

"Yeah, that might be a good idea."

----

An hour later, Fluttershy and her friends are sitting around a circular table at Sugar Cube Corner, with Kirby, who had already eaten at least 100 cupcakes (everyone had lost count by that point), sitting in the center of the table, eating his second piece of strawberry shortcake.

"Where does that thing put it all? I swear it eats more than Pinkie does!"

"Well, Rarity, Kirby's stomach is rumored to be another dimension," Pinkie explains to her puzzled friend as Kirby finishes the shortcake and reaches for a cookie that was a part of a pile on a plate on the table.

"Poyo!" Kirby says as it puts the cookie in his mouth. It didn't take a translator for the girls to tell that Kirby was saying that he was liking the treats.

"Uh, Flutters?" Pinkie asks tentatively. "I'm glad he likes the treats, but maybe we should get him to stop? The bill's already going to cost me my entire paycheck from Mrs. Cake. Unless if there's someway Kirby can pay off the debt." Upon hearing this, Kirby perks up and runs out of Sugar Cube Corner, headed for the portal.

----

The group finds him with his face in the portal as a glow seems to be emanating from his skin. The group waits for a few minutes before Kirby pulls his face out of the portal and starts waddling back in the general direction of the cafe. The group, realizing that he's trying to get back there, picks him up and quickly walks back to the eatery.

----

Back at the eatery, Kirby points toward the kitchen. The group enters and Kirby spits a ton a Waddle Dee out of his mouth as he puts on a chef's hat.

"Cook!" He says as the Waddle Dee and every incomplete pastry in the kitchen gets sucked into a giant pot that appears in front of him as he clangs a frying pan and a spatula together twice before a fire appears below the pot. He starts to season the contents of the pot as he stirs it with a ladle before a bunch of food, mostly cake and other sweets, erupts from the pot and lands on the counter.

"Poyo?" ("Have I paid off my debt?") Kirby asks as the girls look on in shock and Pinkie's mouth drops open. Pinkie quickly attempts to count the sweets.

"I think he's paid off his debt. There's at least 200 desserts here." Pinkie says as she turns back to the girls.

"Now we just need to get him home." Fluttershy says as she picks Kirby up and starts to head to the for the portal.

Comments ( 2 )

When I mentioned that Kirby had a glow emanating from him, this was in reference to the Final Smash, and how it makes the character that obtained the Smash Ball glow before they use it. I realized after the fact that it could have been mistaken for Hypernova Kirby, seeing as that form of Kirby has a rainbow colored glow to it. Pictures of Kirby's Final Smash from Brawl (it's different in Smash 4) and Hypernova Kirby are included as reference.

Brawl's Final Smash:
smashbros.com/wii/en_us/characters/images/kirby/kirby_071009a-l.jpg

Hypernova Kirby:
wikirby.com/w/images/thumb/c/c4/TD_Hypernova.png/220px-TD_Hypernova.png

There would have been two other stories that would have appeared here. The first one would have involved both of the Twilights meeting the various Marios (It's unknown how many of them would have appeared, but Dr. Mario, Mario himself, and Metal Mario would have definitely appeared). It would have either been called "Too Many Marios", as a reference to "Too Many Pinkie Pies", or "I think I'm a Clone Now", as a reference to the parody of the same name that was written by "Weird" Al Yankovic (the person who voiced the character Cheese Sandwich in "Pinkie Pride"). The second one would have had Pinkie find out why Luigi wasn't in Super Mario 64 and would have been called "L is Real 2401" as a reference to the plaque on the star statue in the Castle Backyard that caused most people to think Luigi was in the game. These ideas never came to fruition because every way I tried to implement the ideas were too short in my opinion.

Login or register to comment