• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 599 Views, 16 Comments

EquestriaBound Girls: Short Stories - Lucky Ness



A collection of EQBG stories too short to earn their own page.

  • ...
7
 16
 599

Super Sonic Racing

Author's Note:

Sonic, having heard about Rainbow's super speed from Ness after one of their Smash matches, challenges Rainbow to a race.

"That was a close match, Ness." A blue hedgehog says as the duo leaves the Battlefield. "I almost won."

"I know." Ness says remembering the match. "It didn't help that I was unable to dodge your Final Smash."

Sonic laughs. "You know that nothing's fast enough to dodge Super Sonic!"

"I think that Rainbow might be able to." Ness says without thinking.

"Rainbow?" Sonic says with a quizzical expression on his face. "Who's Rainbow?"

Ness considers his options closely before responding with "You remember my Canterlot High friends?"

"Sure I do, Ness. You told everyone here about your adventures when you got back."

"And you remember that I said that the people I traveled with have magical abilities?"

"Yeah?"

"Rainbow is one of the friends I made there. Her magical ability is super speed."

"Oh." A sly grin spreads across Sonic's Face. "You don't suppose that she'd be up for a little competition?"

----

'Dear Twilight,

A friend of mine wants to challenge Rainbow to a race. Do you think she'd be okay with that?

Your friend,

Ness'

Ness and Sonic wait in Ness's house for a reply from his friend. It doesn't take long for a reply to appear.

'Ness,

I'll gladly race your friend, so come on through the portal!

Rainbow'

"Follow me," Ness says as he steps through the mirror that functions as the portal.

Sonic follows and sees Ness and Rainbow there waiting for him.

Rainbow laughs upon seeing Sonic. "Ness! When you said a friend of yours wanted to race me, I didn't think that you meant the one and only Sonic!" She says as she starts walking over to the school's running track.

----

"The rules are simple! The first one to complete five laps is the winner! Seeing as how Sonic wanted to see how Rainbow fairs with her super speed, so she'll be allowed to use her magic, and Sonic is allowed to use his Spin Dash to gain a little speed if he needs to. Anything else that improves ones top speed is not allowed and will be counted as cheating." Ness says as Rainbow and Sonic line up at the starting line. "That means no Super Shoes or Super Sonic." Ness says looking at Sonic. Ness charges his PSI and points his hand straight up. "On your marks. Get set. GO!" Ness yells as he unleashes a burst of PK Thunder.

The two racers start running upon hearing the sonic boom, Rainbow with a rainbow colored streak behind her. Stays in the lead for the better portion of the race, that is until Rainbow passes him around the second lap, but uses a quick Spin dash to gain a little ground. It doesn't last long, though, because Rainbow catches up again at lap three and passes him for the lead in lap four. Rainbow ends up being the one to pass the finish line first, having won by half a lap. Sonic passes it a few seconds later, gasping for breath.

"You're fast." He says, panting. "TOO fast." Sonic offers Rainbow his hand. "It was an honor to have raced you. I'm just glad Ness was the only one who saw me lose." He says, turning back towards the portal. And seeing Rainbow's friends sitting in the bleachers in the process.

"My reputation!" He yells as he runs at top speed for the portal.

-The End-