• Published 16th Sep 2016
  • 403 Views, 6 Comments

To Be An Alicorn - TheArticPegasus



The Story of Flurry Heart and the troubles of being an overpowered alicorn.

  • ...
 6
 403

Chapter 1 - Dawn

"It's all my fault," groaned Flurry Heart who lied in her bed. The crystal heart would have never been in this condition if not for her. Her and her cursed screaming. Ever since the crystal heart had been broken then repaired by Uncle Sunny and Auntie Starlight, it had never been the same. The heart had become dull. And according to mother the heart had become connected to her. Oh, why couldn't it have stayed connected to Mother? Now it was her duty to protect it.

Slowly, Flurry got out of bed to begin the new day filled with glares and glances. Curse her freakish wings. She was always treated as a monster by other ponies because of her wings and magic. Not to mention the hatred she received by using magic. Her magic was overly powered and if she tried to use even the slightest levitation magic, she could tear down a building. She sighed and began to make her way down to the breakfast pavilion.

"Good morning mother, father" said Flurry. "Well good morning Flurry!" Replied Cadence. Cadence glared over at shining who had his face in his bowl of cereal. "Shiny dear" said cadence slightly annoyed. Shining Armor flung his head up from his cereal.

"Wha?- Oh good morning flurry" he said with flakes of cereal on his face.

Cadence rolled her eyes. "Anyway, are you all packed for your first day back to school dear?" Asked Cadence, "I have your bag all packed for you. And when your done eating StarBurst will be waiting for you"

"Oh joy" grumbled Flurry, grabbing a bowl of Cheerileeos.

"Come on dear, I know she can be a little bit... much, but it's just for today so please be nice."

Flurry finished her cereal and slowly walked to pick up her bag. "Love you mom, love you dad."

"What no goodbye kiss for mom and dad?" Said Shining Armor playfully. Flurry sighed and kissed her mom and dad goodbye, then darted out the door.

"And remember no magic or flying!" Called Cadence.


"Hiiii Flurry!!!!!!!" Yelled StarBurst teleporting onto Flurry.

"Get of of me you dolt!" Yelled Flurry flaring out her large wings. "So.... How was your winter break? We got to go to Griffonstone! It was so much fun, but some of the griffons were a little grumpy, but that's ok because their tails were fun to play with and then-" Flurry shoved her hoof in StarBurst's mouth.

"Shut Up" groaned Flurry, "Just please, shut up"

Flurry looked up. "Oh wow here already? What a shame. Well, gotta go to class!" Said Flurry already darting away. Once Flurry was in the building she instantly began feeling the glares and glances of other ponies.

"Weirdo" mumbled one student.

"I heard she was the cause of that pony who broke his leg." Said another.

"A blank flank princess" Murmured a filly.

Flurry began to trot faster to get out of the crowd. Finally she made it to class. "Welcome back from your winter break class. I hope you enjoyed it. But as it is now over I hope you are ready to begin again. Our first objective will be chemical reactions. I will be giving each of you a container of soda." A pony raised their hoof. "Do NOT drink it." The pony put her hoof down.

"You each will be given a mintyo." The teacher teleported a container of soda and a mintyo onto each fillies desk.

Pfft I know how this works, thought Flurry. (Maybe just an ounce of magic?) Carefully, Flurry cast a small growing spell then dropped in the mintyo. Suddenly, the bottle began to shake and then fwoosh the bottle flew into the air and exploded everywhere. Everyone in the room stared at the soda drenched Flurry Heart.

"To the principals office!" Yelled the teacher. Shocked and embarrassed Flurry stumbled from her desk and made her way to the principals office.

"What a creep"

"I bet she's a dark magic user" and the mummers once again arose.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"A two week suspension" said Principal Quartz. "This is becoming a hazard Flurry! I can't have you endangering students! Your parents will be here to pick you up any minute. I hope you've learned your lesson once you get back"

Soon enough Flurry's parents had arrived with very disappointed looks. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to cause trouble." Said Flurry.

"But you did. We're going to have a talk when we get home, Flurry" said Shining. As they began to walk home Flurry avoided eye contact with her parents and instead glanced at the crystal heart.

It had once been so flawless with the connection of her mother, but then became dull after she was born. It was once again her fault. Flurry's eyes began to swell with tears. Then her sadness turned into anger. "It's. Not. FAIR!" Screamed Flurry, stomping both hooves to the ground with a force incredibly strong. crack A small crack had formed in the heart.

Flurry stared horrified at the cracked crystal. "I- What-" stammered flurry.

"What did you do?" Asked Cadence awestruck. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO THE CRYSTAL HEART!?"

Flurry flinched back, tears swelling in her eyes. "I d-didn't mean-"

"FLURRY! Do you know what this has caused?!??!!" Yelled Shining Armor. "You just caused a rift in the barrier!!"

"I'm sorry!" She yelled, tears running down her face.

The princess of nothing had ruined everything. Again. Over and over again she would only cause disaster. Then Flurry ran. Ignoring her parents calls she ran and ran until she reached the barrier. Only stopping a moment, she then crossed through.

Author's Note:

:D So it begins

Comments ( 6 )

A wonderful beginning to a story, can't wait to see where this is going!:raritywink:

7568697 I have to disagree. The concept is great, but the story so far feels overall rushed. The teacher's reaction I personally have a hard time believing to be legit. Maybe with some more backstory.

7568840
Actually, I was trying to imply that her outbreaks have been a reoccurring event. The teachers are beginning to loose their temper with Flurry Heart. Thank you for the advice though :twilightsmile:

7568865 Ah, alrighty then. Seriously though, mind your pacing. It's what destroyed most of my earlier stories.

Update:
Ok, so Iv'e been trying to improve my writing skills and I'm probably going to try re-writing it. x3 lol It was pretty rushed. I think I got to excited with the idea and wanted to put all my ideas into one piece of text. No exact date as to when the new one will be written, but hopefully soon. ^^

Login or register to comment