• Published 28th Aug 2016
  • 2,212 Views, 77 Comments

Rainbows and love letters - Flat spin



Sequel to Rainbows and jealousy. Soarin and Rainbow Dash could finaly start their new life together. But then world politics and a possibility of war gets in the way of their love

  • ...
5
 77
 2,212

Chapter 12 Cutie marks and love

MLP: FiM
Rainbows and love letters
By: flat spin


”What in the name of Celestia just happened?” Spin said and rubbed his eyes.

The light that Scootaloo was emitting was so bright it felt like it just blinded them.

“What do you think?” Dash said mockingly and walked over to Scootaloo who was laying on the ground. She was still glowing and emitting pops of magic.

“You ok Scoots?” Dash asked her as she got up.

“Yeah… what happened?” She asked.

“Well maybe you should take a good look at your flank.” Dash said and smiled.

“OH MY GOSH! MY CUTIE MARK!” Scootaloo yelled in excitement as she looked at her cutie mark. It was a lightning bolt just like on Soarin’s and Spin’s flank but instead of white wings or silver swords on both sides of it there were rainbow coloured wings on both sides of it. The cutie mark was glowing as Scootaloo looked at it in awe. “It’s so cool…” Scootaloo said. her eyes were huge and they reflected the cutie mark.

“oh my… that’s an awesome cutie mark.” Spin said in in awe.

“Dash are you crying?” Scootaloo said and looked at Dash.

“No! it’s just liquid pride and excess happiness.” She said and hugged Scootaloo. “I knew that you would end up getting a flying cutie mark.”

“Them why didn’t you take me to the speedway earlier?” Scootaloo said and hugged Dash.

“Because it’s not about when or how you get your cutie mark… it’s about the journey to get your cutie mark. I always wanted you to try different things and explore the world.” Dash said and realised her. “Well… I guess you have got some rainbow in your cutie mark… but I see a lot of the “Skies brothers swagger” in that cutie mark.” Dash said and smiled widely.

“I guess me and Soarin are more awesome than you give us credit for.” Spin said while running his hoof through his mane and smiling.

“Yeah… but you have to admit that the rainbow really draws eyes on it.” Dash said to him back.

“I’m really happy for you Scootaloo.” Fluttershy said and walked up to Scootaloo and hugged her.

“I don’t believe we have met miss…” Spin said and walked up to Fluttershy and offered a hoof.

“Fluttershy. I have heard a lot about you mister Spin.” Fluttershy said to him and shook his hoof lightly.

“And I believe I haven’t met yo…..” Spin said and turned to see the third mare in the room. Spin was hit by her beauty… her blonde hair and grey coat… and those yellow eyes looking straight at him… almost at him… one of them at him… Spin quickly recovered from the subbed shock of her beauty and recovered by saying. “Hey! eyes up here.” Spin said and smiled. The mare let you some giggles and walked over to Spin.

“Hello. my name is Derpy. and before you ask I can’t do anything about it.” She said and giggled.

“Well I suppose I have to let you look then.” Spin said as he was trying to be flirty. Drepy giggled more and a huge smile came across her face. Spin couldn’t look away from that innocent face of hers… she was just so perfect.

“Ok that’s enough” Dash said and broke their eye contact.

Two of them turned red and looked at Dash.

“I think we should have a party. and I know the perfect place and a pony to host it.” Dash said and looked at Scootaloo.

“You mean Ponyville and Pinkie?” Scootaloo said and smiled as Dash nodded. “Sweetie belle and Apple bloom are gonna freak out once they see this thing.” Scootaloo said and smiled.

“Spin… I’m sorry but…” Dash started but he cyt her off.

“I know… not supposed to fly. you guys have fun. I’ll stay here.” He said and smiled at Dash. Then he turned around to face Derpy.

“Now… um… if you would… you know…” Spin tried to get the words to come out.

“I’d love to have dinner with you sometime.” Derpy said and giggled at Spin who turned red again. “Tomorrow at six?”

“Yeah of course I’ll pick yo… could you come here and pick me up.” Spin said and scratched the back of his head.

“Sure thing.” Derpy said and hugged him which made him blush like hell. Then Dash, Scootaloo, Fluttershy and Derpy left the house.

“Soarin… I know exactly how you feel about Dash.” Spin said to himself and looked out of the window to get another look at Derpy who was flying away…


“Why are we here?” Sweetie belle asked Dash and pinkie.

“Yeah why did we have to come to the Sugar cube corner?” Apple bloom asked as they sat in a table.

“Well… why don’t I let Scoots to tell you.” Dash said as Scootaloo walked in.

“Hey girls.” Scootaloo said and smiled.

“Hey Scoots.” They said in unison and smiled back. “How have you been.” Apple bloom asked her.

“I’ve been great. The house is awesome and today Spin took me to see the Cloudsdale 500.” Scootaloo said and walked over to them. “And also this thing appeared.” Scoots said and show her flank.

“OH MY GOSH! THAT’S A CUTIE MARK!” Apple bloom and Sweetie belle screamed in excitement and hugge Scootaloo.

“That’s awesome Scoots.” Sweetie belle said.

“It’s so cool looking.” Apple bloom said while looking at the cutie mark.

“Thanks.” Scootaloo said and saw Dash walk over to her.

“I’m gonna let the three of you have some fun alone and go see twilight. I’m gonna come and pick you up in an hour.” Dash told to Scootaloo.

“Ok have fun.” Scootaloo said and waved at her as she walked out.


“Twi? are you here?” Dash said and walked in.

“Yeah? Dash? How have you been?” Twilight asked her.

“Oh I have been great. Scootaloo just got her cutie mark and life in Cloudsdale is awesome.” Dash smiled at her.

“What about Soarin? is he still on the carrier? How about the foal?” Twilight asked her again.

“Slow down… Soarin is fine. his brother got hurt and is now here for a while. also the foal is still ok. seven-ish months to go anymore.” Dash said and smiled.

“that’s great. come on we have so much to talk about.” Twi said as the two of them walked over to the tea room and sat down.

“So how are the other girls?” Dash asked.

“Well you know Rarity is worried to death about Lighting streak and Applejack is stressed about Fire streak. But I’m sure they and Soarin are gonna be ok. And also did Fluttershy tell you about Big Mac?” Twi asked Dash.

“Yeah. She told me that they have started to date each other. What about you twi? Any pony in your life as plus one?” Dash asked and smiled wildly.

“Umm… remember that guard from The crystal empire?” Twi said and blushed.

“Yeah Brad… no wait Flash… right?” Dash raised an eyebrow.

“Flash and I have been dating for some time… But the war has caused a lot of trouble in The empire. The border is closed and Flash has been deployed into the northern Saddle Arabia to fight… But this war is almost over. The final attack on to the capital of Saddle arabia should start any day now. Maybe the generals were right and this war will be over in a month.” Twi tried to stay optimistic.

“Yeah I sure hope that this all will be over soon as the armed forces capture the capital. and Soarin will come home.” Dash said optimisticly.

“I heard that the house you bought is quite the mansion.” Twilight said to Dash. “That had to cost a small fortune.”

“Yeah it did… Soarin paid most of it and besides now money is not a problem thanks to Spin’s small investment on to the arms industry.” Dash told her.

“Oh… so he is the new owner of the Equestrian arms and ammo… explains a lot of things.” Twilight said.

“What do you mean?” Dash asked and raised an eyebrow.

“Well he has used his influence to lobby for new military investments… The defense ministry has already bought three battleships and tens of smaller war ships… also a lot of tanks and small arms have been bought from EAA.” Twi said and raised eyebrow.

“What are you implying?” Dash said.

“I’m saying that Captain Spin is lobbying for new military investments so that he could get the profits from these deals. He is profiting off the war.” Twi said bluntly and raised her head like and Chanterlot aristocrat.

“So what? maybe he is lobbying for more military spending and we are profiting off it. But only reason why we are in a war is that Celestia and those greedy ponies at Wall street. They can’t live without the Saddle Arabian oil profits and they forced us into this war that has costed thousands of lives!” Dash angrily said to Twilight .

“Oh… it's Celestias fault to get the oil what we need. But it’s not your fault for selling the ammo and guns that are used to kill!” Twilight yelled back at her.

“There is enough oil in Appleloosa for all of Equestria but not enough for the oil companies that are owned by the aristocrats and Celestia!” Dash said and jumped out of her seat.

“Hey! Running a welfare state isn’t cheap!” Twi yelled at her as she was leaving.

“Oh yeah… but not even half of the oil profits are being used for the welfare and education in this country. All most all of it goes to run all the damn castles that the royalty needs!” Dash said and left the room.

Author's Note:

Well dash and twi had an argument...
But scoots got her cutie mark on flying... even thou she cant fly?:rainbowhuh:
But derpy and spin... it seems like getting hurt wasn't such a bad thing.

Next chapter up by tomorrow and until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: